Countdown to Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what they were discussing on TruTV today.It sounds as though the cameras WILL be allowed,but I'm sure they will never be focused on the potential jurors. I don't think we will hear any identifying info ,either.

Also possible the info is wrong and cameras may not be in jury selection.

I just asked that question in the ask the lawyers thread. Be on the lookout for that because I am curious about that also.

FYI - Not sure if anyone will be coming to Orlando for the trial or not. I wanted to let you know about the gas prices near there airport. There are 2 stations as you come out of the airport that don't post their prices. At this time they are both selling regular gas for 5.69 a gallon. These are the highest priced stations in the area. I just don't want anyone to be surprised if they need to buy gas. If you continue on the gas prices get cheaper. HTH if anyone is coming. :)

Perhaps the black hairbands Casey wears around her wrist are a possible future court room tool to be used when she needs to conjure up some " boo hoo " for the jury. A snap on the wrist may help when inconvenient to stick finger in eye.

Not sure where this fits best..so I picked here ;) Have you noticed that ICA has worn the black hairbands 'bracelet' on her left wrist for 2 hearings in a row now? I also notice how after they came out of the anteroom for the private meeting, she sat back down at the table and carefully arranged the 'bracelet' perfectly around the wrist. Could have just been nervous fidgeting, but it makes me suspicious. I wonder if she is covering something up?

I noticed she is also wearing it in the video taken by CA where she is playing with Caylee on the floor of their living room. The video showing Caylee in the striped shorts. I don't think it's a hairband. I think it is a bracelet like Lee has. Will she be wearing it at trial? Sorry if this is O/T.

They show that video in the new 48 Hours Mystery Only Casey Knows. That's where I noticed it.

20 Days until jury selection! 28 Days until trial Casey!

:great::great::great::great:

I believe the laws changed about allowing cameras in the courtroom. Not sure they can identify the jurors, just the attorney with their questions. Jurors are usually called by numbers.

Their Statement of Facts are due by Thursday. Not sure this will require a hearing or are they just required to file it before the judge by Thursday. Not sure what facts defense could possibly have to report. Oh, yes, there was trash in the trunk. I think that's it. jmo

In the JonBenet case, the names of the grand jurors were revealed before it was even decided that they would hear the case. But this would be a petit jury not a grand jury for Casey's trial, right?

In the JonBenet case, the names of the grand jurors were revealed before it was even decided that they would hear the case. But this would be a petit jury not a grand jury for Casey's trial, right?

correct, these are the jurors for her trial. the grand jury in this case handed down the indictment on 14 october 2008. we dont know who they were to my knowledge!

correct, these are the jurors for her trial. the grand jury in this case handed down the indictment on 14 october 2008. we dont know who they were to my knowledge!

My guess is that Colorado law allows the name of the grand jurors to be revealed but Florida law prohibits it. However, for petit jury members, I would assume that every state requires their names to be kept secret.

Perhaps the black hairbands Casey wears around her wrist are a possible future court room tool to be used when she needs to conjure up some " boo hoo " for the jury. A snap on the wrist may help when inconvenient to stick finger in eye.
It could also be something she's using to keep herself from fidgeting (?).

It could also be something she's using to keep herself from fidgeting (?).[/QUO

I think those are back up pony tail holders. I think the ones she orders are not well made and do not last long. I think this is the only way she has of having extras with her if she needs to redo her hair during the hearing - or at any point during the day since she would not have access to spares without wearing them on her arm.

19 Days until jury selection! 27 Days until trial Casey!

:great::great::great::great:

I have a hunch today will be the day that HHJP decides on the evidence...fingers crossed! Woot woot! In, In, In...

FYI - Not sure if anyone will be coming to Orlando for the trial or not. I wanted to let you know about the gas prices near there airport. There are 2 stations as you come out of the airport that don't post their prices. At this time they are both selling regular gas for 5.69 a gallon. These are the highest priced stations in the area. I just don't want anyone to be surprised if they need to buy gas. If you continue on the gas prices get cheaper. HTH if anyone is coming. :)

you are soo right-lol! we droped off someone at airport and thought we had enough gas . we go in and pay- start car and see needle hardly moved. yep- furious when we found out price. we are not tourists ,we live here and was ripped off royal. i wanted to stand outside and shout the price but felt i could be arrested!!lol yep- i bet i would have been!lol

Anxiously awaiting the Judge's ruling too,just checked in to see if there was any news.IMO Casey is toast regardless of the rulings but the more evidence allowed in the better!

Oh Dear - Such nonsense!

I guess we will see a lot of this kind of posturing at the trial. Sigh..

That really is nonsense. I don't think the seating for journalists should include those who are essentially writing op-ed articles. Leave the seats for those who are experienced in reporting on such things and have actual press credentials. MOO :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove