Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This does seem weird, the police aren't saying what if anything was taken or if they have person's of interest. They are saying the killers are white. You would think if they had all those cams that pics of the killers would be out by now, unless they have an idea who they are looking for.

Another thing is it sounds like the home was isolated and somewhat hidden, but the gate at the road was observable...

"the home was hidden down a long driveway, obscured by trees and brush. A "Beware of Dog" sign was on one side of the gate, while a "Private Property" sign was on the other side."

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090711/NEWS01/907110323/1006/NEWS01

To my understanding, all the kids were adopted out of the State's custody. In order to do that parental rights had to be terminated.
My hunch is that a parent who was opposed to their child's adoption is involved in this.

FYI.. I checked out Florida's adoption incentives and they received a minimum of $417 month for each child, since these were special needs children, I'm guessing that would be a LOT more plus they'd be eligible for SS disability and medicaid which would pay for any in home medical care necessary.
There's also a $10k adoption tax credit per child per year in addition to the standard deduction per child. I wonder how wealthy they were before taking in all these kids ?
I know that's beside the point and I have no reason to doubt their intentions. From what I've read, they took excellent care of these kids and the mom's My Space was full of family pics. One of the children died, and there's a pic, I think of one of their adult kids who had a tattoo with the child's name.
I might be more selfish than some, if I had the time & money I might be able to handle one or two, but twelve ? My two healthy kids wear me out.

Why did they have such an elaborate home security system? I understand having security, but it just seems odd to have an elaborate videotaping system, with every room being taped 24/7. Just seems a little over-the-top.

Yeah, the taping of every room caught my attention as well. Does that include bedrooms? LE must have alot of evidence.

I'm leaning towards an employee, former or current.

Update, Saturday, 2 p.m.
Advertisement

Information about multiple “persons of interest” connected with the slaying of a Beulah couple will be released by the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office today.

Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said the office will hold a press conference at 5 p.m. to discuss the case.

“We have developing information and we are looking at several persons of interest,” Morgan said at about 1:30 p.m. today.

(snipped)

http://pnj.com/article/20090711/NEWS01/907110322

ETA: this is 5:00pm Central time

ETA#2: pnj.com says they will be showing it live on their site

With so many children adopted from state custody, it would be prudent to have the video system in place. Another reason might be to review the tapes to learn about the behavior and socialization issues the children might have had.

Anyway - I'm glad it was there and I hope that the men who did this are brought to justice swiftly. I lean towards a "vendetta" scenario - because anyone who knew where to find them must have known what they did in adopting these kids. If the motive were simply robbery, you would think that they would have just tied them up and went about their criminal business.

With so many children adopted from state custody, it would be prudent to have the video system in place. Another reason might be to review the tapes to learn about the behavior and socialization issues the children might have had.

Anyway - I'm glad it was there and I hope that the men who did this are brought to justice swiftly. I lean towards a "vendetta" scenario - because anyone who knew where to find them must have known what they did in adopting these kids. If the motive were simply robbery, you would think that they would have just tied them up and went about their criminal business.

You would think so but lately we have seen strangers invade homes and the victims are murdered even when they could have just restrained them instead.

imo

This does seem weird, the police aren't saying what if anything was taken or if they have person's of interest. They are saying the killers are white. You would think if they had all those cams that pics of the killers would be out by now, unless they have an idea who they are looking for.

Another thing is it sounds like the home was isolated and somewhat hidden, but the gate at the road was observable...

"the home was hidden down a long driveway, obscured by trees and brush. A "Beware of Dog" sign was on one side of the gate, while a "Private Property" sign was on the other side."

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090711/NEWS01/907110323/1006/NEWS01

Here's some pics., including the signs you mentioned

http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ga...90710&Kategori=NEWS01&Lopenr=907100803&Ref=PH

http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ga...90710&Kategori=NEWS01&Lopenr=907100801&Ref=PH

I don't see a live link at PNJ or anywhere else. Does anyone have one? Thanks!

My screen is frozen. Is the link working ok for everyone else?

Starting receiving calls from the public. One of those calls lead to the discovery of the van and the owner. Currently working on warrants.

Two persons of interests currently being interviewed. Looking for third. No one arrested yet.

A family member of the owner of the van is being questioned. They fit the description of persons on surveillance video.

Not releasing info on if these persons are connected to the family.

Asked if the POIs had any connection to the Billings and the Sheriff said they are not prepared to answer that now

Don't know if the Billings were targeted. Still working off home invasion theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue