Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA about the van. The guys might as well have left their name and number at the scene.

The Sheriff said that the two people being questioned "Know each other". It makes me wonder about the third suspect being the ring leader. The sheriff also said something to the effect that the "in and out" nature of the crime looked like it was committed by someone with "experience". Did the third suspect enroll these two idiots into what they thought would be a theft?

I hope they are singing like birds.

I've been checking out google maps - it's amazing what you can see on your computer!! I've cruised the 300 block of Palm Court and found three single wide mobile homes, including one that looks like the photo in the paper (the red van parked behind the shed)

I just read this on fox new - make me so SAD and hurt for these poor kids and the victims. Eagerly awaiting an update on this one!!!

From what I can tell from the Escambia County Property Appraiser’s (and this is a big speculation) what looks like the land in the photo with the van belongs to Leonard P. Gonzalez and Carol S. Brant.

I haven't done any searches in the criminal records yet.

(I'm running back and forth trying to get some housework done!)

Oh, Oh - There is a Leonard Patrick Gonzalez II and he LPG Sr both have a rap sheet including domestic violence, drugs & alcohol and reckless driving.

Why did they have such an elaborate home security system? I understand having security, but it just seems odd to have an elaborate videotaping system, with every room being taped 24/7. Just seems a little over-the-top.

Probably because the kids are all special needs, they need to be able to make sure they are all safe and accounted for at all times.

Anyone have a link for the myspace that is being referenced?

Did a search for variations of "Leonard Patrick Gonzalez" and came up with this. It's interesting because the Sheriff made a point of saying that the POI may have had residences in two states:

L Patrick Gonzalez:

http://www.facebook.com/wrightmn7#/patpoff?ref=sgm&__a=1

It sure looks like he's driving a red van :eek:

But his facebook friends appear to be pretty clean-cut. . .

I just want to point out that this very well MAY NOT BE the suspect - I'm just sleuthing, so please take this all with a grain of salt :)

To my understanding, all the kids were adopted out of the State's custody. In order to do that parental rights had to be terminated.
My hunch is that a parent who was opposed to their child's adoption is involved in this.

FYI.. I checked out Florida's adoption incentives and they received a minimum of $417 month for each child, since these were special needs children, I'm guessing that would be a LOT more plus they'd be eligible for SS disability and medicaid which would pay for any in home medical care necessary.
There's also a $10k adoption tax credit per child per year in addition to the standard deduction per child. I wonder how wealthy they were before taking in all these kids ?
I know that's beside the point and I have no reason to doubt their intentions. From what I've read, they took excellent care of these kids and the mom's My Space was full of family pics. One of the children died, and there's a pic, I think of one of their adult kids who had a tattoo with the child's name.
I might be more selfish than some, if I had the time & money I might be able to handle one or two, but twelve ? My two healthy kids wear me out.
that is incorrect, it is UP to $10K (depends on how much your adoption costs) and it's a one time thing. It will help subside the cost of adoption which can go in the upwards of $20K. Depending on the situation. If they adopted from the state, they usually do not pay an adoption fee therefore would not be entitled to the adoption credit.

I have 2 kids too and that's enough! Sometimes I can't handle them! They have tons of energy I wish I had.

From what I understand the van belonged to a relative of one of the two men/person's of interest.

Digging more in Escambia County records - LPG Jr is 35 and his records show he was busted for drugs with a couple of real losers: David Lawrence Jernigan (43) and Brandon Anthony Fausti (age 40). Both of these guys make LPG JR look like a saint. I'm wondering how gullible (greedy?) this guy is. . . It looks like he's been used by career criminals before (or at least he hasn't been caught) The sheriff said that one of the suspect was in his teens though, and these guys are all older than that.

Here's the link to Escambia Criminal Records:

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/clerk/coc_online_public_records.aspx

Video showing the two suspects leaving - these two do resemble the pictures of

L Patrick Gonzalez
http://www.facebook.com/patpoff?ref=sgm&__a=1

It's only an hour's drive to Mobile (L Patrick Gonzalez)

and

Brandon Fausti
http://www.facebook.com/people/Brandon-Fausti/534265207

I've found out more about BF - He's been in and out of trouble since he was in the Navy and jailed for his role in beating someone to death:

http://www.sddt.com/Search/article.cfm?SourceCode=n990507cg

IMHO, I think assuming the suspects are "trailer trash" is going to prove to be wrong (sort of) I think the owner of the van is L Patrick's father and, by his court records, he is probably an alcoholic/pothead and they just used his van.

IMHO, either these guys were hired to do a hit, or if they were there to steal, they had planned it in advance and had inside information on where to go - a random crime would have taken longer.

ETA: Sorry - forgot to link the video!!!

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_2691.shtml

Oh dear. . . after looking at facebook relationships, I found that this IS the L Patrick Gonzalez and Brandon Fausti that are related to the court records, and therefore, the van. They have beautiful a beautiful young man (who will remain un-named) in common. Argghhh - I don't even WANT it to be them. I hope I'm wrong.

that is incorrect, it is UP to $10K (depends on how much your adoption costs) and it's a one time thing. It will help subside the cost of adoption which can go in the upwards of $20K. Depending on the situation. If they adopted from the state, they usually do not pay an adoption fee therefore would not be entitled to the adoption credit.

I have 2 kids too and that's enough! Sometimes I can't handle them! They have tons of energy I wish I had.

You're right. That's still a lot of deductions though.
I found an example of how the Federal tax credit works. It's different than what I imagined.
Sample family situation....
A couple adopted a sibling group of two children with special needs. They had $6,500 in federal income tax withheld from their paychecks, and their tax liability is $7,000, which means they would owe $500 to the IRS. With the adoption tax credit, they have $23,300 in credits, and this year they could use up to $7,000 of the credit (the amount of their federal tax liability). They get a refund of the $6,500 they had already paid, and can carry over $16,300 of the tax credit for up to five more years.
http://www.nacac.org/postadopt/taxcredit.html

I don't want it to be anyone - but it is! I hope they get these guys quickly.

Thanks for all the info Lindadnette. It makes me wonder why people with shady pasts join Facebook. It's such a good resource to catch a POI.

Thanks for all the info Lindadnette. It makes me wonder why people with shady pasts join Facebook. It's such a good resource to catch a POI.

No kidding! I think they do it to look "respectable"!!!!! Up until recently, Facebook was geared more towards college and business professionals. Now we have a different kind of "professional" - the sheriff gave us a clue when he said that the crime looked like it had been committed by someone with experience.

Whoever did this is the lowest of the low.

Wow - this just get's more incriminating. Patrick Gonzalez is/was married to a Fausti!!!!

Escambia County Florida Clerk of the Circuit Court
Marriage Search

[SIZE=-1]MARRIAGE[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Case[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]2003 ML 001706[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Married Date[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]07/05/2003[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Issued Date[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]07/02/2003[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Wedding Location[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]GULF BREEZE[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Effective Date[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]07/05/2003[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Witness 1[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]SANDRA J DAVIES[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Expiration Date[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]09/03/2003[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Witness 2[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]TERRI M POFF[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Officiator[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]GARY PIERCE WRIGHT, MINISTER[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Case Parties[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]GROOM[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]BRIDE[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Name[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]LEONARD PATRICK GONZALEZ JR[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]TABATHA CASEY FAUSTI [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Date of Birth[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]01/31/1974[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]10/27/1969[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Birthplace[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]FLORIDA[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]MARYLAND[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Residence[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]GULF BREEZE[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]GULF BREEZE[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]County[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]SANTA ROSA[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]SANTA ROSA[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]State[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]FLORIDA [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]FLORIDA [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Maiden Name[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]CORNWELL[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]DOCKETS

[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members