Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My link isn't live yet. Is it for anyone else?

Not for me. It's also not on the local channels.

A banner on the video screen says

Press conference delayed
suspect in custody details to come

UPDATE: 5 P.M. SUNDAY

An arrest has been made in connection with the double homicide of Byrd and Melanie Billings of Beulah, Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan announced today. Investigators currently are interrogating the suspect. A 5 p.m. press conference has been delayed until the end of that interrogation.

I don't know if we should be releasing all this info about people that may or may not be the perp. Looking at this guys website he seems like he has set it up for his child, who his first wife took and refused custody, to see her family.

I would think that to avoid speculation and draging someone through the muck unnecessarily that we would wait until someone was actually charged.

JMO of course,

I don't mean to be offensive in or out of line (if you are speaking to me). I'm just used to sleuthing a case from the evidence at hand. I found everything I've posted based upon the information given about the red van. The Sheriff said that he was "more than 95%" convinced that the red van was connected to the murders (and the videos certainly bear him out)

If you look through those Myspace sites, you'll see a man who is grappling with some major freak-out. Why doesn't he just go back to court to establish visitation? He's got issues. . . and he proved to be the guy in the suspect video. Anyway, I always make it clear that it's for sleuthing info purposes and consider this site a "sacred space" to share and glean through information as a detective would do. I don't share what I post here.

Feel free to PM me if you want to. Thanks!

The video comes up from time to time and they are doing sound checks.

JC, someone forgot to start the feed. Presser came up at the point they are taking questions.

Can someone post what's being said? My sound is cutting out. Thanks!

I don't mean to be offensive in or out of line (if you are speaking to me). I'm just used to sleuthing a case from the evidence at hand. I found everything I've posted based upon the information given about the red van. The Sheriff said that he was "more than 95%" convinced that the red van was connected to the murders (and the videos certainly bear him out)

If you look through those Myspace sites, you'll see a man who is grappling with some major freak-out. Why doesn't he just go back to court to establish visitation? He's got issues. . . and he proved to be the guy in the suspect video. Anyway, I always make it clear that it's for sleuthing info purposes and consider this site a "sacred space" to share and glean through information as a detective would do. I don't share what I post here.

Feel free to PM me if you want to. Thanks!

I don't see an issue, especially if all the profiles are not private. Everyone has an option to set their profiles on all social networking sites to private, and if they choose to keep it public, then oh well.

L Patrick Gonzalez is arrested for tampering with evidence - covering damage on the van. To disguise it.

Did I hear that the story will be a humdinger?

L Patrick Gonzalez is arrested for tampering with evidence - covering damage on the van. To disguise it.

Dang, you were all over this!! Great work!!

I hope justice is served and these 's are behind bars soon enough.

This investigation will expand much larger than anticipated and he previously said he's anxious to tell the story because it will be a humdinger?

WTH was this crime about?

Did I hear that the story will be a humdinger?

Yep, That's what he said. I think L Patrick has somehow got this all twisted up with his daughter's abduction. Remember what his Myspace said the day of the crime?

"making a move for humanity"

was posted at 12:53 AM on July 9th.

I'm still not sure he's the mastermind though - He seems to be the "go along" guy. But still, his mYspace is the raving of an unstable man.

No family members under suspicion at this time...that he's aware of.

Linda, did you get a screen cap of that page before it goes bye bye?

Dang, you were all over this!! Great work!!

I hope justice is served and these 's are behind bars soon enough.

Thanks - I'm just a neophyte compared to the many excellent sleuths on this board! I just happened to be up all night :) It was a dark night of the soul. . . everything I found just made me sadder and sadder. So many beautiful people all suffering for what? I will stay this to the end though, I want to know what the bait was.

I think that someone convinced LPG that they would help him get his daughter if he. . . I still have a hard time thinking he went there to kill someone. He's got associates with that MO (Fausti) but his weakness is family. His mother died in February and that tipped his emotions further over the edge.

As I was digging through info, I noticed that someone named "Guiguri" had requested a copy of the divorce papers for LPG and his first wife, Katie Herkel Gonzalez. It happened in June, about the same time that LPG raves on his myspace about talking to his ex-mother-in-law. He's got pictures of his daughter that look like they were taken by stealth.

Read his myspace, it's creepy. I definitely got no enjoyment out of sleuthing this case. Just a witness to more depravity. (And a lot more stuff that I didn't say because it doesn't serve justice.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89