Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...continuing...

sheriff says they are expecting more arrests later today

sheriff trying to explain to the media the difference between a Person of Interest being questioned and someone being IN CUSTODY/ARRESTED and interrogated.

they are looking for information, including the names, of the 2 black males in the photo

sheriff is reclarifying...2 black males are in Okal. county and are being questioned.

may be looking for another black male who appears in another video that they are trying to get photos from....also said there is another white male POI that they have no info on

asked if anything was seen being taken from the house on the video -- would not comment

asked if the billings owned any weapons -- would not comment

would not speculate on any prior military experience of any of the individuals

...continues...

Here is the jist of the latest press conference:

In addition to the 3 white males that we were previously told were involved there are now 3 black individuals involved as well.

They released a second surveillance tape that shows a second vehicle that pulls up only to the end of the drive and the 3 black individuals come through the wooded area near their home and enter on the other side of the home from the 3 white males in the van.

So there are 7 individuals involved right now. They have 3 in custody. The mastermind of the tragedy is currently in custody.

they are questioning more indivduals 2 counties over from us right now. They also said they expect to make one or more arrests today. He says that they have identified 2 of the black people.

He says it will be a long time before they will be able to piece together to figure out why this family was selected. He again re-iterated that they have no evidence that the family is tied to the assailants in any way, including Bud's business dealings.

He also stated that none of the children are tied to these people.

He says that the man's missing daughter has nothing to do with the case.

He says that atleast 3 of the kids had encounters with the intruders.
May these bastards all rot in hell!

I've not posted on here before but I just have tell you that I knew these people personally. I've known them for many years as I taught many of their children and we developed a friendship over the years.

I know it is hard to believe in this day and age. But these are genuinely good people. WOnderful to anyone whoever came in contact with them. I loved them with all my heart and their loss is devastating.

I just wanted you all to know that. These were wonderful people and we loved them with the fierceness that they loved others in their lives.
Thank you so much for sharing that...I know how difficult it must be for you.

Thank you for your personal insight mom23gr8kids, and welcome to Websleuths. Wish it could be under better circumstances.

Here is the jist of the latest press conference:

In addition to the 3 white males that we were previously told were involved there are now 3 black individuals involved as well.

They released a second surveillance tape that shows a second vehicle that pulls up only to the end of the drive and the 3 black individuals come through the wooded area near their home and enter on the other side of the home from the 3 white males in the van.

So there are 7 individuals involved right now. They have 3 in custody. The mastermind of the tragedy is currently in custody.

they are questioning more indivduals 2 counties over from us right now. They also said they expect to make one or more arrests today. He says that they have identified 2 of the black people.

He says it will be a long time before they will be able to piece together to figure out why this family was selected. He again re-iterated that they have no evidence that the family is tied to the assailants in any way, including Bud's business dealings.

He also stated, as I previously told you, that none of the children are tied to these people.

He says that the man's missing daughter has nothing to do with the case.

He says that atleast 3 of the kids had encounters with the intruders.
May these bastards all rot in hell!

I've not posted on here before but I just have tell you that I knew these people personally. I've known them for many years as I taught many of their children and we developed a friendship over the years.

I know it is hard to believe in this day and age. But these are genuinely good people. WOnderful to anyone whoever came in contact with them. I loved them with all my heart and their loss is devastating.

I just wanted you all to know that. These were wonderful people and we loved them with the fierceness that they loved others in their lives.

I am so sorry for your loss, and they were wonderful people to take in so many children and give them such a good life.I believe they are good people but I do believe some how people who had a grudge set this up.A lot of us here just try to connect the dots and do not mean any disrespect to this family or their loved ones and many many friends.

...continuing...

the sheriff gave an example of a word math problem from school...train traveling south @ x mph and train traveling @ n mph....etc. He said that's how this case is. A lot of speculating and every time you open one door, another opens even more doors with questions.

asked if he they had the murder weapon -- would not answer about any physical evidence.

asked by a reporter: "do you think the intruders got what they came for?"
the sheriff paused for about 3.5 seconds, looked up at the ceiling, took a breath and said, "I won't speculate on that. I won't answer that question."

...continues...

My news channel cut the conference off early!! Thanks for the updates.. Keep them coming!! :clap:

I Thank God these lowlifes did not harm the children at least not physically.Those poor children it is wonderful that the family will keep all those children together.

I am so sorry for your loss, and they were wonderful people to take in so many children and give them such a good life.I believe they are good people but I do believe some how people who had a grudge set this up.A lot of us here just try to connect the dots and do not mean any disrespect to this family or their loved ones and many many friends.

I don't believe it's due to a grudge, I think it's plain and simple greed. These wanted what someone else had, they couldn't stand it so they took two innocent people's life and took away the parents of these children for nothing more the selfishness. I am also betting that the publicity they received from the news article a couple years ago with PNJ could have possibly exposed this family.

I don't believe it's due to a grudge, I think it's plain and simple greed. These wanted what someone else had, they couldn't stand it so they took two innocent people's life and took away the parents of these children for nothing more the selfishness. I am also betting that the publicity they received from the news article a couple years ago with PNJ could have possibly exposed this family.

You could be right about it just being greed and not a grudge just seems like there are connections that are under the surface and may be part of this.Way to early to tell yet.I am sure with the info that they had a 50 million dollar lien sure could have fueled a lot of greed.

I'm only on pg 3 of reading what you guys have here but wanted to clear up a misunderstanding.

Most of their children were NOT adopted from state custody. Most of them were private adoptions from many different states. Only 2 of their children were adopted from the foster care system and those were because they had previously adopted a sibling as an infant who had many medical issues, when the bro and sis were placed into foster care and parental rights stripped they adopted them to keep them together with their bio sister.

They did not receive financial assistance for their adopted children. The only 'assistance' they received was that the children were on federal medicaid due to their disabilities.

...continuing...

asked if it appeared the intruders were wearing bullet proof vests and he said no.

wouldn't speculate if the intruders knew about the surveillance system, but they took enough precaution even if they didn't know.

said they've had the system for years.

asked about motives and the Sheriff stating it was robbery...sheriff now saying emphatically "It is -A- motive" ... implying there was more than just a robbery as the motive.

said they will eventually release a 911 call, but not any time soon.

asked if he knows about a possible will...does not know, that's for the family and their attorneys.

asked if the child who left to get help ran into the intruders while going to get help -- he said no. the intruders had left before the child left the home for help from a neighbor.

clarifying there were 9 kids in the house while the intruders were in the house

asked if the children tried to defend themselves or hurt the intruders in any way and he said NO

ok now after another reporter asks about the # of people involved...6-8...but now says they have not confirmed the escalade that was left at the end of the road was left unattended or not

my comment: so his original # of 5 in the house + 2 in separate vehicles may or may not be correct. They know there were confirmed 4 in the van (3 entered + 1 driver who stayed) but are not sure if the driver of the escalade stayed with the vehicle or not.

Channel 3 (wear-tv) recapped with LEO looking for 4 black males: 2 black males are being questioned + 2 unidentified black males...also still looking for 1 unidentified white male believed to be in the house during the invasion.

...............end of press conf recap by me..................

Edit:
Just fyi:
I was typing as they were talking, so I didn't always put who said what grammatically. However, I would back up the DVR to make sure I could "quote" the question or answer precisely when I did give "quotes."

The only one who answered questions was Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan. So if I put "says" or "he said" that's who it was.

The reporters were not identified, so I cannot confirm who asked what. I did see the following microphones on the podium (I can't read them all, though) : WFTV-9 microphone from Orlando, WEAR-ABC/Pensacola, National CBS NEWS, WKRG-CBS/Mobile, plus 1 or 2 other labeled microphones and about 4 other non-labeled mircrophones.

The perps were only in the house for about 4 minutes -per Sheriff Morgan. This was definitely planned and I'm not so sure the motive was just robbery - especially given the time of the crime (7:00 PM in the evening? It's still daylight at that time here in the Panhandle). Morgan wouldn't elaborate on the autopsy results, but said the victims died of MULTIPLE gunshot wounds.

You could be right about it just being greed and not a grudge just seems like there are connections that are under the surface and may be part of this.Way to early to tell yet.I am sure with the info that they had a 50 million dollar lien sure could have fueled a lot of greed.

Yup at this stage I think we can assume this group believed FOR SOME REASON(I dont know if it was rumor or someone told them or what)that the family has SOMETHING(s)of value in their BEDROOM (as the assailants headed directly there-no ransacking of the house).I dont know if they thought it was money or jewelry or guns but it was enough for these losers to think breaking into their home & killing them was worth it..............now even with their wealth I doubt this family wouldve kept a large amount of anything valuable in their home but we are obviously dealing with incompetent & ignorant criminals here........

How did these people think they could get away with the crime? With so many involved there will always be someone who has a big mouth.

the sheriff paused for about 3.5 seconds, looked up at the ceiling, took a breath and said, "I won't speculate on that. I won't answer that question."

That's disturbing. Maybe it's me, but that makes it sound like murdering the Billings was part of the plan. In addition to robbery. That is horrific.

How did these people think they could get away with the crime? With so many involved there will always be someone who has a big mouth.

Very true. Think about this folks: If the family DID NOT have the video system in place, do you honestly think the cops would have gotten this far this quickly? I HIGHLY doubt it.

Have any of you watched "The First 48" on A&E? It's real life homicide detectives tracking down leads and suspects in the first 48 hours after a crime. After that time frame, it gets exponentially more difficult, as the suspects can start to cover their tracks.

I honestly feel they released enough pertinent information immediately that the public could grasp onto without showing their cards. Trust me, that van WILL STAND OUT, whereas a blue Chevy car won't.

I think the biggest big mouth is L Patrick Senior. The goober who tried to disguise a flaming red and dented 15 passenger van. (Oh yeah, that's a great plan. :rolleyes: )

I wonder if he cut a deal in exchange for singing like a canary against his own son and his buddies?

That's disturbing. Maybe it's me, but that makes it sound like murdering the Billings was part of the plan. In addition to robbery. That is horrific.

I completely agree. I wasn't WATCHING the press conference, since the TV is behind me. But as soon as I heard the silence after the question I turned around, hit rewind and quoted it up with how he reacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue