Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did these people think they could get away with the crime? With so many involved there will always be someone who has a big mouth.

I think the biggest big mouth is L Patrick Senior. The goober who tried to disguise a flaming red and dented 15 passenger van. (Oh yeah, that's a great plan. :rolleyes: )

I wonder if he cut a deal in exchange for singing like a canary against his own son and his buddies?

What do you think ....

Leonard Gonzalez Sr. had been held on $250,000 bail after investigators said he tried to paint damage on a van that was videotaped at the Billingses house Thursday evening.

State Attorney Bill Eddins, argued for keeping the bail at a quarter-million dollars, saying Gonzalez is cooperating with homicide investigators.

However, Escambia County Judge Thomas Johnson, citing Gonzalez' criminal record, doubled that amount.

"I don't think $250,000 is enough," Johnson said during the brief court appearance.

Bail set at $500K

Still trying to muddle through all the pages here but wanted to address the surveillance system.

This system was put in many years ago when they moved into this home. It wasn't put there as crime deterrent really. It was for the safety of the children. Melanie did have some hired help that helped with the children part-time, she wanted to be sure that nothing ever happened to those kids when they weren't in her care. Also some of these children's disabilites are pretty severe and they have limited to no language/speech. The surveillance made it easier for them should one wander away to another part of the house or property. They were able to see where they were. You could yell for some of these children all day but they didn't have the ability to answer you vocally. The surveillance insured they were never lost even temporarily due to that lack of verbal ability.

I have a feeling the person who owed that 50 million dollar lien may be behind this JMO.

How did these people think they could get away with the crime? With so many involved there will always be someone who has a big mouth.

That's just it. Some criminals just DON'T think beyond the crime. They're so narsissistic and believe they are so smart and invincible and that they will get away with it. And I think the biggest thing that spoke didn't even have a mouth at all. It was that big red 15 passenger van they drove onto the Billings property that spoke before they even had a chance to open their big fat mouths! Those perps were stupid on all fronts. And now they've left a family - all those who loved them, and an entire community completely heartbroken.

What do you think ....
Leonard Gonzalez Sr. had been held on $250,000 bail after investigators said he tried to paint damage on a van that was videotaped at the Billingses house Thursday evening.

State Attorney Bill Eddins, argued for keeping the bail at a quarter-million dollars, saying Gonzalez is cooperating with homicide investigators.

However, Escambia County Judge Thomas Johnson, citing Gonzalez' criminal record, doubled that amount.

"I don't think $250,000 is enough," Johnson said during the brief court appearance.

Bail set at $500K

I don't think any of them should have the possibility of bail. Period. All it takes is one person to come up with the money for a bondsman and they'll be out. Sadly, some of the judges in this area are KNOWN for their lax ways and low bonds--it's amazing how some people get out for the violent crimes, while others don't. I'm glad this judge decided to up his bail.

Still trying to muddle through all the pages here but wanted to address the surveillance system.

This system was put in many years ago when they moved into this home. It wasn't put there as crime deterrent really. It was for the safety of the children. Melanie did have some hired help that helped with the children part-time, she wanted to be sure that nothing ever happened to those kids when they weren't in her care. Also some of these children's disabilites are pretty severe and they have limited to no language/speech. The surveillance made it easier for them should one wander away to another part of the house or property. They were able to see where they were. You could yell for some of these children all day but they didn't have the ability to answer you vocally. The surveillance insured they were never lost even temporarily due to that lack of verbal ability.

I have 8 surveillance camera's in my 1500 sf home here in Beulah, 4 outside and 4 inside. None in bed or bathrooms! But, our only child is married with her own home.

These days everyone that can afford a surveillance system should have one that at least cover all points of entry.

This sort of reminds me of the Manson killings. I don't see how one man can get so many others in on his evil scheme. As quickly as it went, it may not even be for robbery but the killings were the intent. Pure evil. I think the drivers should be held just as responsible as the ones who went into the house.

I don't think any of them should have the possibility of bail. Period. All it takes is one person to come up with the money for a bondsman and they'll be out. Sadly, some of the judges in this area are KNOWN for their lax ways and low bonds--it's amazing how some people get out for the violent crimes, while others don't. I'm glad this judge decided to up his bail.

I have to agree with you. Honestly, I don't know why he hasn't been charged with murder, since he admitted he was driving the van. :confused:

First let me welcome you to WS and say that I am so sorry for your loss.

I have a question about the security cameras. Were they visible and obvious in their locations? In other words, would the perps know they were there? I know inside cameras are usually low profile to blend in with a decor better, but outside cameras are usually visible and obvious to be a deterrent.

I agree with this because the intruder gang of killers first entered through an UNLOCKED utility room door.

I agree. I don't think any of 'em deserve bail. Problem is - is that sadly Pcola is still governed by that good ole boy system.

Hmm...the sheriff said the suspects knew the interior of the house very well. He also said they weren't related or associated with any of the Billing's businesses or family.

There's one person who hasn't been discussed much. Gwen Echo - the caretaker of the children who lived on the property Monday through Friday in the adjacent home. Not saying anything, but just throwing that out there. She hasn't been identified as "family," but would she be considered part of the Billings' businesses?

More suspects sought
http://www.pnj.com/article/20090713/NEWS01/90713025

(snips)
Eight people are believed to have been involved in the shooting deaths of Byrd and Melanie Billings.

At a news conference today, Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said robbery was the motive for the deaths.

Three men have been charged; a fourth is in custody. The others -- "three black males and a white male" -- are believed to be in Okaloosa County, Morgan said.

Morgan said the three entered the Billingses house through an open door on the north side. He said the three were dressed like ninjas, they wore black clothing and masks. Two others, who had been hiding in nearby woods, also entered the house, Morgan said.

Hmm...the sheriff said the suspects knew the interior of the house very well. He also said they weren't related or associated with any of the Billing's businesses or family.

There's one person who hasn't been discussed much. Gwen Echo - the caretaker of the children who lived on the property Monday through Friday in the adjacent home. Not saying anything, but just throwing that out there. She hasn't been identified as "family," but would she be considered part of the Billings' businesses?

That's a name I haven't heard before. And Welcome to ws!

no they were not obvious at all. I have been to their home and in their home many many times and never really saw one. Of course I never really looked for it but I knew they were there but not in any obvious placement that I saw. And I have been in every room of that house with Melanie at least once she was so proud to show me what they were able to do and build for those kids. The house was not at all about them having really nice wordly posessions, it was all about what she could do for the kids. They had 3 playrooms, an elevator, etc. It was geared for the kids. The children's rooms, especially the little girls', was much more elaborately decorated than Bud and Melanie's. She was so proud of that room. She created a real princess suite for those girls complete with chandeliers in their pink bathroom.

That's just it. Some criminals just DON'T think beyond the crime. They're so narsissistic and believe they are so smart and invincible and that they will get away with it. And I think the biggest thing that spoke didn't even have a mouth at all. It was that big red 15 passenger van they drove onto the Billings property that spoke before they even had a chance to open their big fat mouths! Those perps were stupid on all fronts. And now they've left a family - all those who loved them, and an entire community completely heartbroken.

ITA That big old RED van sure talked loud and clear . Whoever called in and told where the van was helped to catch these criminals.Not only those that knew the family are heartbroken, a lot of people who have no connection to this family also are heartbroken as well. So many children s lives are going to be effected by this horrific crime my hearts breaks for all of them as well.

I'm sorry I can not possibly suspect Gwen. I can't believe she would do something like that. She loved them and the kids as much as we all did.

You have to understand you could not know these people and NOT love them. It was simply impossible. They were generous to friends and family to a fault. If you needed anything from them all you had to do was ask.

no they were not obvious at all. I have been to their home and in their home many many times and never really saw one. Of course I never really looked for it but I knew they were there but not in any obvious placement that I saw. And I have been in every room of that house with Melanie at least once she was so proud to show me what they were able to do and build for those kids. The house was not at all about them having really nice wordly posessions, it was all about what she could do for the kids. They had 3 playrooms, an elevator, etc. It was geared for the kids. The children's rooms, especially the little girls', was much more elaborately decorated than Bud and Melanie's. She was so proud of that room. She created a real princess suite for those girls complete with chandeliers in their pink bathroom.

It sounds like they really did take wonderful care of those children. Thank you for helping us to understand this family.

I agree. I don't think any of 'em deserve bail. Problem is - is that sadly Pcola is still governed by that good ole boy system.

So true. The area will never move forward and become a better city (or county for that matter) for its residents because if a new idea comes along and it does NOT line the council or commission's pockets, they vote against it. :banghead:

Oh back to the video system they had: it wasn't full motion video like watching TV. It captured 1 frame every few seconds.

You are correct the surveillance had a 3 second delay the sheriff said.

Just FYI, the local news interviewed the bro and sis of LPG sr just now. She said that they weren't crazy or in need of mental help that they were both simply mean and evil and needed to be removed from society. She also said that everything was all about money to them (LPG sr & jr).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue