Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that is Justin and he did just graduate. He was their first adoption although non-special needs.

Read the sorrells case. I did know Mel and Bud in 2006 but I know nothing of this case. I met them in 2002. Sorry I couldn't give you more info toward this.

Nancy Grace is reporting on these murders right now on HLN.

edit:
Guess the MJ story will be told first.

Not sure if it was ever found but here is Melanie's myspace. My heart just aches more and more as I look at these picture. I hope these bastards that did this fry!

http://www.myspace.com/melaniebbb

oh my...Melanie and Byrd's children are absolutely beautiful - all of them. What an awful tragedy. Looking at those pictures is so heartbreaking - get a box of kleenex before you look at them.

Good info at the below link:
http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_2712.shtml

(snip)
In fact, their family says the two were separated for years by divorce but got to know each other again after they were coincidentally put in jail together.

Frank Gonazalez/Suspect's Brother: "They reunited in jail, locked up one time, that was about the time Patrick took his name Gonzalez back. They don't care about anybody, but what they want at that time, other than that the world revolves around them."

Okay guess that clears that up. I never met him or knew him. I have met Melissa only once and of course knew Melanie's bio girls. I guess because he was so much older and doesn't live here. So I guess that makes him Kylee and Krystyn's father. I only knew the girls were related on Bud's side. I never asked for details.

I'm sorry I can not possibly suspect Gwen. I can't believe she would do something like that. She loved them and the kids as much as we all did.

You have to understand you could not know these people and NOT love them. It was simply impossible. They were generous to friends and family to a fault. If you needed anything from them all you had to do was ask.

My prayers go out to this family and your community. So between Gwen and mrs billings they took care of the children. At times I am sure they needed extra help. During the holidays or taking the kids to the doctor appointments. Can you recall them calling on someone to come in and help out. A neighbor, nanny, childcare service or someone who came in to do therapy such as speach, swimming or physical therapy?

your input is so valuable, while the police ore still trying to apprehend the suspects, there is a lot that can be done behind the scenes also.

Yes Midwest Mom there have been others over the years. Gwen has just been with them forever. They also had a 'nurse' that worked part-time for a while name April. When the children were very young early intervention services would send various therapists and teachers to the home to work with the children.

It just wasn't necessary for that level of help anymore. The youngest, Emma, is 3 1/2 now so she is special education pre-k within the school system. So basically during the weekday now there are no children at home they are all in school.

ETA: Also when I met them Bud was still working full-time in the business. He retired within the last few years, not sure exactly when sorry. So he was home to help with children as well now.

oh my...Melanie and Byrd's children are absolutely beautiful - all of them. What an awful tragedy. Looking at those pictures is so heartbreaking - get a box of kleenex before you look at them.

The photos really bring it all home. Those children are so beautiful. The entire family is so loving. This is so devastating. :( Those who did this are pure evil. :furious:

Seriously Im annoyed with whats being said on TV!!!!!! WHY do they keep saying these guys were "professional" & used "precision"???? They broke into a high profile house FULL of people that had EXTENSIVE security.They then used a VERY noticeable getaway vehicle which had the "ringleaders" caught within days!!!!!!!!!! How is this professional????????? Im also willing to bet the motive of this was robbery based an unsubstantiated rumor (that came from,imo,a briefly employed former employee)of lots of cash,jewelry & guns kept in the house ......a rumor that likely proved false as Id be surprised if these guys got anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other one is "Michael S Billings" in regard to the custody of "Byrd Starling" (What a beautiful name!). Did Melanie take custody of her own son's child? Are any of her children (or Byrd's) estranged from the family?

I can't imagine that's the case - but could there be an angry biological parent involved?

Byrd has two biological children from his first marriage; a son he adopted during that marriage died. He also has another son, adopted after his divorce in 1986.
His eldest son, Michael, 41, lives in Tampa. His daughter, Melissa, 29, lives in Phoenix.
His first adopted child, John, choked to death after an argument with a girlfriend in 1995.
--from pg 2 ofhttp://www.pnj.com/article/20090710/NEWS01/907100342

There will be a Police update at 8:30 CDT.

Police officer said to expect more good news!

Was there anything new on Nancy Grace? A front moved through the southern sky and we lost satellite signal just when she began coverage of this case.

Was there anything new on Nancy Grace? A front moved through the southern sky and we lost satellite signal just when she began coverage of this case.

No, not really. Other than they don't think any business or partners played a part in the murders.

They did have a police officer (I think a P'Cola PO) on by satellite saying the sheriff would be updating at 8:30 CDT tonight and to expect more good news.

Probably 2 more suspects arrested.

sgt Roy. He's from the Escambia County Sheriff's Department. We all live outside of Pensacola city limits, so no P'cola cops.

Does anyone have a live link to the upcoming presser? TIA! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper