Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly certain the 16 year old didn't know that people were going to be killed. I'm sure they wouldn't have trusted him with that information. The shooter, may have been the only one there that knew the Billings were going to be killed. But if his father is so scared they are all going to be killed, why is he talking to the media? I would be in hiding.JMO

I read it as the teen's father was quoting his son - an example of just how terrified he was; I did not read it as a direct quote from the father. The teen is definitely afraid of someone.

Are they saying that the Billings were involved in drug running? Or this group involved in the murders was also involved in drug running?

They didn't say.

I'd think that's where the MS-13 gang come in.

I read it as the teen's father was quoting his son - an example of just how terrified he was; I did not read it as a direct quote from the father. The teen is definitely afraid of someone.

I knew the son said he was terrified not of the police but of the others. I thought the father said y'all don't understand we will all be killed.

Oh! Sheriff Morgan was about that during a press conference. He sort of stumbled, but eventually said it was left open by a family member.

It's probably on the video surveillance tapes! They might know who left the door open. :confused:

Oh, I bet they do have it on the tapes and probably do know who left the door open. Maybe it was a simple oversight. I just figured that they would have checked before going to bed.

I seem to have read somewhere and/or seen on TV that the MS-13 gang is also a very powerful gang in prisons. Could this have been where this group of lowlifes became indoctrinated? Almost all of them have records.
I was wondering if the safe could have contained a tape of conversations or videos that someone felt could ruin them?

I think murdering the Billings would still leave whatever was in that safe... and they needed the contents more.... which makes robbery the prime motive. They just had to get rid of the Billings as well... but needed the incriminating evidence or whatever it is more.

I think the time was significant. I think they wanted to do it around the time the Billings went to bed to explain the de-activated security system better. I also think they had to get in and out in a short period of time related to that.

Oh, I bet they do have it on the tapes and probably do know who left the door open. Maybe it was a simple oversight. I just figured that they would have checked before going to bed.

I would think they would have checked before bed too.Does not make sense to me.Maybe others in town leave doors unlocked which is foolish in today s times IMO they also did not have a house filled with that many children.

I forgot this important fact: what time did the home invasion occur? From the video it didn't look very dark outside.
Also, Melanie Billings listed as being active on ebay? Do we know what she sold or bought, etc.? Was it lucrative or just a hobby for her?

This whole thing just doesn't make sense. If it was purely a robbery, why involve so many people? The victims certainly didn't have enough loot in the house to split that many ways to make it worthwhile. And the more people involved the more likely one of the conspirators will crack. And if robbery was not the motive, if the intent was to kill the couple, again, why involve so many people? This is just the weirdest thing I've heard lately, and my heart goes out to the family of the victims and the poor children involved. What a nightmare for them. Especially the ones who actually saw the killing. As if they didn't have enough to deal with already.

This whole thing just doesn't make sense. If it was purely a robbery, why involve so many people? The victims certainly didn't have enough loot in the house to split that many ways to make it worthwhile. And the more people involved the more likely one of the conspirators will crack. And if robbery was not the motive, if the intent was to kill the couple, again, why involve so many people? This is just the weirdest thing I've heard lately, and my heart goes out to the family of the victims and the poor children involved. What a nightmare for them. Especially the ones who actually saw the killing. As if they didn't have enough to deal with already.

They've always said there was more than one motive... robbery I think is what binds the group together.....

but we'll keep learning about this one for a long time, I expect.

The invasion happened after 7:30 p.m. when the Billling's household went to sleep. It sounds early, but it's already been confirmed that was the normal bedtime for the Billings household, as they wake up at 5:45 a.m. or something. "Lights out" happened around 7:00 p.m. I recall reading here.

It is very significant that the perps chose THAT HOUR to attack. They knew when the Billings went to sleep. It would also explain why the Billings were found murdered in their bed.

I would think they would have checked before bed too.Does not make sense to me.Maybe others in town leave doors unlocked which is foolish in today s times IMO they also did not have a house filled with that many children.

They must have disarmed some of the security, because if I recall from that 2002 article they talked about the alarm system and how the door dings when opened so they would know if children were coming and going. So either that part was disabled, or they had warning that someone was entering the house. I go with the theories you all have mentioned that the alarm part was disabled but they didn't realize the video was a separate security system.

As far as the door being unlocked, we have a security system and in my husband's mind that is all we need. So he is more lax about the back doors being locked or not, as along as the alarm is on. I am fanatical about it, but if he goes to bed after I do, I have come downstairs on a few occasions and found one of the back doors unlocked. However, for such a well practiced and planned attack, I can't believe they would leave up to chance that the back door "might" be unlocked. So either someone knew they made a habit of leaving that door unlocked or it was left unlocked on purpose.

They've always said there was more than one motive... robbery I think is what binds the group together.....

but we'll keep learning about this one for a long time, I expect.

I believe your right, robbery was most of the groups motive but there was someone whose main motive was to kill the Billings. Otherwise, they would have robbed them when no one was home. Or they had enough people that they could have easily tied them up and escaped. There were other ways to just rob them. Someone wanted them dead. I don't believe the whole group knew that the Billings were going to be killed.JMO

I read that link and think that's their assumption. If things are followed to a "T" on this Sovereign American thing and it DOES work, I'd guess there was at least -1- misstep by the person in the story because it states...

Meaning that person TRIED to put a lien against herself to mess with the eviction / foreclosure of the house but it didn't work (for whatever reason(s))

Slightly off-topic, and I swear I'll reel myself in after this, but I just gotta say:

Our legal system is screwed up in one major way, a way many might not think of, and might disagree with me on -- IMHO, the flaw is that there is *no* practical penalty for people filing frivolous or harassing lawsuits. A system of "loser pays" along with stiff fines for bringing suits that are without merit or designed to interfere with commerce, the government, or others is what we need.

Seriously, how many of us have actually ever filed suit on anyone? Yet there are people who use the system as their personal playground to try to get out of sharing the responsibilities that every one of the rest of us carry. Yeah we grumble, but we realize we are a community, and everyone has to pull their weight. I am NOT usually an "America, love it or leave it" type, i.e. I feel you can burn the flag and express yourself all you want, it's your right as an American to speak out and also to attempt redress for *legit* grievances. But on this tax protest crap, trying to find loopholes, and inventing nutty theories just to escape paying, I do say that if you don't like it here and wanna be "sovereign", fine, pack up your duffel bag and catch the next tramp steamer, but don't ever darken our shores again, or use our resources and protections and opportunities.

Rant over.

HLN will be covering the news conference.

10 a.m CDT, 11:00am EST

They must have disarmed some of the security, because if I recall from that 2002 article they talked about the alarm system and how the door dings when opened so they would know if children were coming and going. So either that part was disabled, or they had warning that someone was entering the house. I go with the theories you all have mentioned that the alarm part was disabled but they didn't realize the video was a separate security system.

As far as the door being unlocked, we have a security system and in my husband's mind that is all we need. So he is more lax about the back doors being locked or not, as along as the alarm is on. I am fanatical about it, but if he goes to bed after I do, I have come downstairs on a few occasions and found one of the back doors unlocked. However, for such a well practiced and planned attack, I can't believe they would leave up to chance that the back door "might" be unlocked. So either someone knew they made a habit of leaving that door unlocked or it was left unlocked on purpose.

We have an alarm system,video cams and multible Rotties who are teddy bears to us but no one would leave my house without missing limbs at the very least.My husband is security obsessed.We live in a very low crime town but hubby was raised in a very bad town where people were shot and killed if they were robbed and only had 35 cents on them.He has never left one door unlocked in his life.Now if what some people hint at that Mr.Billings might have had his past catch up with and all those kids I would think he would make sure the doors were locked JMO.

Slightly off-topic, and I swear I'll reel myself in after this, but I just gotta say:

Our legal system is screwed up in one major way, a way many might not think of, and might disagree with me on -- IMHO, the flaw is that there is *no* practical penalty for people filing frivolous or harassing lawsuits. A system of "loser pays" along with stiff fines for bringing suits that are without merit or designed to interfere with commerce, the government, or others is what we need.

Seriously, how many of us have actually ever filed suit on anyone? Yet there are people who use the system as their personal playground to try to get out of sharing the responsibilities that every one of the rest of us carry. Yeah we grumble, but we realize we are a community, and everyone has to pull their weight. I am NOT usually an "America, love it or leave it" type, i.e. I feel you can burn the flag and express yourself all you want, it's your right as an American to speak out and also to attempt redress for *legit* grievances. But on this tax protest crap, trying to find loopholes, and inventing nutty theories just to escape paying, I do say that if you don't like it here and wanna be "sovereign", fine, pack up your duffel bag and catch the next tramp steamer, but don't ever darken our shores again, or use our resources and protections and opportunities.

Rant over.

and your OPINION is helpful to this case...how????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor