Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the Billings son name that didn't attend the funeral today because he feared for his life?

They reported this during the first PC today but I didn't catch the name.

That was Michael.

Been lurking mostly, but I do have a question. If the motive was cash, I can see where money would be enough to lure in some of the perps. However, I can't see a guy coming from Alabama was it??, and risking his military career and the DP for money. Any thoughts to this perp? Does anybody think it was just $$ that lured him there? I could be wrong, maybe it was, just seems unlikely to me.

ETA: corrected. Sorry, Animal, I posted before I read yours.

Houndacres, The guy in the Airforce was stationed at Hurlburt Field in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida - which is roughly 40 miles east of Pensacola...maybe a little further like 50 miles from Beulah (which is north Pcola). I believe his hometown is Brewton, Alabama which is also very close to Pensacola - I think maybe 20 miles if that? He fled to Alabama after the murders and is now fighting extradition (I think - I will have to look that up for sure). I can't for the life of me figure out why he would want to involve himself with this crime. He had a decent military job working on aircrafts and also had a family of his own.

Been lurking mostly, but I do have a question. If the motive was cash, I can see where money would be enough to lure in some of the perps. However, I can't see a guy coming from Alabama was it??, and risking his military career and the DP for money. Any thoughts to this perp? Does anybody think it was just $$ that lured him there? I could be wrong, maybe it was, just seems unlikely to me.

ETA: corrected. Sorry, Animal, I posted before I read yours.

FYI just in case you didnt know.. the part of Alabama he came from is right there he didnt travel a distance per se. However I cant think of anything that would be worth giving up a military career or even anything that would be worth having even a 1% chance of going to jail.:smile:

He was not actually from Alabama. He ran to his families house in Alabama. He was stationed at Hurlburt field which is in Mary Ester florida close to where the car detail business is that one of the others owned.

so far yes he is fighting extraditon. The SAO says it could take a month to get just that resolved if he continues to fight it.

Stallworth was exactly the one I was thinking of when I asked if $xxxxx would be enough. He's the one who is tied to the rap and entertainment scene, which makes me think drugs. Wonder if it's possible that the amount of prescription meds stored for those kids was thought to be greater than what it was (not that I know what it was.)

I agree there are probably lots of meds in the house. I know my child is on meds for ADD and it is very controlled. But I think it would be easier and alot less risky for him to get his drugs elsewhere. Why risk military service? Just makes no sense to me.

You know what I don't understand? LPG Jr had a family and children of his own. He seemed to love childen and even taught children self defense at his martial arts studio. How in the world could he kill Byrd and Melanie knowing they had so many children that needed them? How could he bust up into the Billings home - see those scared little children and kill their parents? It boogles my mind!

Lets see...

We have:
military precision,
4 minutes inside the house,
8 men enter,
small safe taken (unopened)
small safe discarded (docs, meds, sentimental jewelry)
2 wonderful people killed who had money
One old man singing like a canary-not loud enough (LPG SR)
one husband pointing directly to the "evidence" (look-look-they stole the safe! all you need to find is right there)
One smiley sashaying women out on 10k bail (canary's throat was dry)
AND a whole town talking about another safe (against the advice of sheriff) that had money still inside.

My theory--suspects were successful getting inside the big safe and only left the money.

OOHH - could that be why PL is smiling?

What we don't know- if the suspects had the code? what they removed from the house/safe. And why it is important for the estate to put rumors to rest about the contents of the safe AT the risk of hindering the investigation?

yep like a game of chess!

The family and their attorney was given permission by the sheriff to release the contents of the safe and he later confirmed what was in the safe himself. It was no longer needed for the investigation as far as I know.

Does anybody think that had one person not fled the house and made it to a neighbor's that the perps would have stayed longer? stayed until they found what they came for (assuming they didn't get what they wanted). Perhaps due to the fact that someone fled to a neighbor's, the perps fled before they accomplished the task they had intended?

What does anyone on here know about LPG Jr.'s wife? She is the newest person of interest being looked for by Sheriff Morgan. Her neighbors say she has not been seen since the day of the .....sorry I can't even bring myself to say it. Does anyone know anything about her family or where she could be hiding?

She's from Maryland originally and was married to B Fausti, who was an acquaintance of Lpatrick's at the time (they were busted together)

Check your messages :)

Does anybody think that had one person not fled the house and made it to a neighbor's that the perps would have stayed longer? stayed until they found what they came for (assuming they didn't get what they wanted). Perhaps due to the fact that someone fled to a neighbor's, the perps fled before they accomplished the task they had intended?

Actually the child that made it to the neighbors did not leave the house until the suspects were gone from the area.

How he could do it? He is probably a combination of majorly crazy + personality disorder. The interview with LP Sr's sister and brother was a tell all for me. Seems like a really selfish, delusional guy that wouldn't begin to even comprehend the reprehensibility of his actions or understand life from another persons point of view. As the sister said, he would do anything to further his own agenda, his whole world revolved around himself and money.

What does anyone on here know about LPG Jr.'s wife? She is the newest person of interest being looked for by Sheriff Morgan. Her neighbors say she has not been seen since the day of the .....sorry I can't even bring myself to say it. Does anyone know anything about her family or where she could be hiding?

Her ex (cant recall his name) Is friends still with lpg jr. Possible she is hiding up with him?

It was reported that it was one of the children that fled to the neighbor's house after the perps left.

Actually the child that made it to the neighbors did not leave the house until the suspects were gone from the area.

Welcome to WS! Thank you for the info. The way I heard it on the video, they made it sound like one person was able to flee during the crime.
My heart goes out to this family, especially the children.

Yes, I am also curious why firegirl's post was reported? I eventually read her post and did not see anything wrong with it. Maybe someone can enlighten the rest of us about what she did wrong?

Gazelletime, has been working hard on this case and brings in a lot of info with links to facts. Please remember that anyone of the posters could be close to a victim or linked to the case in one way or another. Gazelletime included.

People devote many hours to these cases and emotions get involved and opinions get formed. When a poster comes on with what one might be perceived as fact and not as speculation. Our alert bells go off in a very large way because we know the information would not be "released"

I personally hope firegirl stays, and Gazelletime comes back after she has cooled off...and everyone keeps sleuthing

:blowkiss:

Me too, Gypsy. I have to wonder about LPG's daughter in all of this. All of his myspace pages are about his quest in finding her. I find it very disturbing that he appears to have said in his last post to his myspace, he was "making a move for humanity" and the time & date of that post.

You know what I don't understand? LPG Jr had a family and children of his own. He seemed to love childen and even taught children self defense at his martial arts studio. How in the world could he kill Byrd and Melanie knowing they had so many children that needed them? How could he bust up into the Billings home - see those scared little children and kill their parents? It boogles my mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member