Crime scene tape and Haleigh's house

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be that LE is testing some DNA found in the home that is not DNA belonging to any of the family. Sometimes sophisticated DNA testing takes quite some time, especially if sent to the FBI lab at Quantico. It is 2 weeks this morning that Haleigh disappeared.

I know that LE can keep a crime scene for as long as they feel the need to, but this is bordering on ridiculous.

There is also such a thing as LE being too tight lipped. JMO

It may be that LE is testing some DNA found in the home that is not DNA belonging to any of the family. Sometimes sophisticated DNA testing takes quite some time, especially if sent to the FBI lab at Quantico. It is 2 weeks this morning that Haleigh disappeared.

I know that LE can keep a crime scene for as long as they feel the need to, but this is bordering on ridiculous.

There is also such a thing as LE being too tight lipped. JMO

DNA testing makes plenty of sense. But something is fishy here.

According to Capt. Dick Schauland, LE doesn't know "what the crime is" at this point. Interesting. This means there is an alternative theory.

Capt. Dick Schauland:

"Somewhere down the line there's a crime. We don't know what it is at this point. We don't know if it's abduction-- what the crime is-- but somewhere down the line there's a crime. And so we've got to--we have to preserve the crime scene until we determine what it is we need from the crime scene and that'll depend upon what information is, uh, what information is turned up."

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/publish/video/846128/week_two_in_the_search_for_haleigh

I have a question about your explanation Littleone. I wonder if when the LE releases the home do they release it to the renter or the owner of the home.

I wonder how long the lease is for? Because I wonder how long it would be considered to be RC's abode if he isnt' living in it and more than likely, I would assume, not paying rent. Just curious :)

geez Kat you got me there :confused: I have no idea. I am however thinking that if RC really doesn't want to ever move back in there it would be between him and the owner of the home? I am not even sure how long the owner could go without having rent paid on the home.

I really can't imagine why LE would keep the home as a crime scene this long. I just hope that it's because the home isn't wanted or needed at this time. I mean what kind of evidence could be in the home that they haven't already collected?

geez Kat you got me there :confused: I have no idea. I am however thinking that if RC really doesn't want to ever move back in there it would be between him and the owner of the home? I am not even sure how long the owner could go without having rent paid on the home.

I really can't imagine why LE would keep the home as a crime scene this long. I just hope that it's because the home isn't wanted or needed at this time. I mean what kind of evidence could be in the home that they haven't already collected?

bold by me

I think that makes perfect sense. I doubt RC is going to move back in there. I also have to agree that the owner will be looking for rent from someone. RC isn't working now and probably can't pay. Will LE pay the owner?

bold by me

I think that makes perfect sense. I doubt RC is going to move back in there. I also have to agree that the owner will be looking for rent from someone. RC isn't working now and probably can't pay. Will LE pay the owner?

Another good question considering LE has already made comments on the amount of money spent in this case.

Okay..thinking. LE doesn't know "what the crime is." Could this mean that somebody had inconclusive results on a polygraph? Two possibilities come to mind:

1. Possible deception about being out of the home that night: In this case investigators can't know what happened to Haleigh since she had no supervision (intruder abduction or homicide)

2. Possible deception about kidnapping scenario: In this case investigators suspect foul play and are waiting for more clues about where Haleigh can be found.

"Recovery" (as opposed to rescue) of Haleigh would be key in either homicide scenario, as this would yield clues as to what scenario took place. This would lead to murder weapon, etc.

Okay..thinking. LE doesn't know "what the crime is." Could this mean that somebody had inconclusive results on a polygraph? Two possibilities come to mind:

1. Possible deception about being out of the home that night: In this case investigators can't know what happened to Haleigh since she had no supervision (intruder abduction or homicide)

2. Possible deception about kidnapping scenario: In this case investigators suspect foul play and are waiting for more clues about where Haleigh can be found.

"Recovery" (as opposed to rescue) of Haleigh would be key in either homicide scenario, as this would yield clues as to what scenario took place. This would lead to murder weapon, etc.

I'd say your 2 scenario's as well as a few others might be considered

I really can't see that as being the reason. They probably have photographed every item in the home, searched for blood, dusted for prints, etc. I just think that the home isn't wanted by RC so why release it? Many families don't have anywhere to go so the home needs to be released faster. I just think RC said "go ahead keep it because I will never step foot in there again."

Heck for all we know there could certainly be a crime scene inside that house. I have never seen a police department being so quiet...it's driving me crazy!:bang:

LE doesnt know what the crime is because they dont know what happened to haleigh
the crime of kidnapping is there, but they dont know whether she's alive or not, so the crime of murder is up in the air, that is what i got from the LE's statement

"He who dislikes the cat, was in his former life a rat"

ahem...

I know this has been brought up in some other threads... but it has been bugging me.... I have not said anything about it till now....

THE "LOCKED" Door...... ok.. I live in a mobile home it is a 1988 (3 bedroom, 2 bath) front door (with porch) and back door (carport) we NEVER use the "front door" we have lived here for 5 years... my hubbys puter is actually in front of the front door.... it is in the living room.... we just have ALWAYS used the back door.... it is on the carport side and opens into the laundry room then to the kitchen..... just easier for us..... well.... my POINT is..... we have dead bolt and key lock on the "front door" ...... we NEVER, I mean NEVER check it to "make sure" it is locked..... it just ALWAYS is!

I just find Ron's statement that he checked it "Daily" was strange..... why? if you NEVER use the door then why have to check it?

I don't know it is just been nawing at me..... so I had to say something about it.....

I imagine the owner isn't pushing for the release of the house at this point since the renters he attracts wouldn't be interested in renting where the police are swarming night and day, not to mention the media. I think renters in this area like to keep a low profile and not bring to much attention to themselves.

I know this has been brought up in some other threads... but it has been bugging me.... I have not said anything about it till now....

THE "LOCKED" Door...... ok.. I live in a mobile home it is a 1988 (3 bedroom, 2 bath) front door (with porch) and back door (carport) we NEVER use the "front door" we have lived here for 5 years... my hubbys puter is actually in front of the front door.... it is in the living room.... we just have ALWAYS used the back door.... it is on the carport side and opens into the laundry room then to the kitchen..... just easier for us..... well.... my POINT is..... we have dead bolt and key lock on the "front door" ...... we NEVER, I mean NEVER check it to "make sure" it is locked..... it just ALWAYS is!

I just find Ron's statement that he checked it "Daily" was strange..... why? if you NEVER use the door then why have to check it?

I don't know it is just been nawing at me..... so I had to say something about it.....

Also, that they can say in the same sentence...That door is always locked ...we never use it....then...the only time we use it is to take out the vacuum and vacuum the car, or take out the garbage....which is it, we never use it or we sometimes use it....very confusing.

Also, that they can say in the same sentence...That door is always locked ...we never use it....then...the only time we use it is to take out the vacuum and vacuum the car, or take out the garbage....which is it, we never use it or we sometimes use it....very confusing.

TOTALLY AGREE!

Something is not right..... oh... the WHOLE STORY! :liar:

I just know that I can say I NEVER use the door then I NEVER use it....

may I quote tehcloser once again: HINK HINK HINK!

I agree with you Seahorse and Elle, I have always found that so odd that they talked on and on about the door being locked, positive the door was locked at all times, I take the trash out that door...DOH

Maybe Ronald himself is allowing LE to keep it. It is really the only thing that makes sense to me. If he had even a monthly contract, the house would legally be his as long as the rent was paid up to date. Most rent is due on the first of the month and she went missing on the 10th. He would retain control until the end of 30 days unless the contract was for six months or a year.

I think they just meant the door isn't the one they normally use to go in and out on a regular basis instead of "never". (I am guilty of using the term never for rarely. "I never lock my keys in the car...", but I know I have on a very rare occasion.) The only reason I can think of to drive the car around to use that door to vacuum would be the plug in is closer and with the extension cord is the only way to reach it.

Maybe Ronald himself is allowing LE to keep it. It is really the only thing that makes sense to me. If he had even a monthly contract, the house would legally be his as long as the rent was paid up to date. Most rent is due on the first of the month and she went missing on the 10th. He would retain control until the end of 30 days unless the contract was for six months or a year.

But it has been said that LE will not let them back in there. So I don't think Ron is just letting them keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member