Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In actuality she said when she found out she was pregnant she instantly quit, I would say for the safety of her baby.

That's how I understood it, too. It appears also that the baby was not born addicted. That is a blessing. Never having gone through an addiction myself, I can only imagine how difficult it is to stop. To do so for the sake of the child you're carrying shows an incredible love both for baby, and self.

Neither have I. I hope she is faring as well as she can tonight.

ya know Debs....my heart is breaking for her today....just cannot fathom how one survives the 'not knowing'---I am not that strong...

My heart goes out to Crystal. :rose:

I truly admire her honesty and strength. She's a very brave young woman.

I dunno but I imagine that if I was suddenly thrust on national television shocked and upset in a family emergency, the first statement I made might not be that my ex always was a right b*****d, even if I thought so deep down. I wouldn't want to make any hasty statements, not knowing what was going on.

That's how I understood it, too. It appears also that the baby was not born addicted. That is a blessing. Never having gone through an addiction myself, I can only imagine how difficult it is to stop. To do so for the sake of the child you're carrying shows an incredible love both for baby, and self.
What doesn't make sense to me is that 4 months later, she left this same baby with the person she later accused of using drugs and abusing her. It's not as if she didn't have family to support her leaving with her children, so why would she ever leave them in such a bad situation? Maybe she had post-partum and saw the situation as hopeless - I don't know. But she went back to her parents and other family members, so she wasn't all alone and would have had assistance. This makes me feel that the situation may not have been quite as she has described.

What doesn't make sense to me is that 4 months later, she left this same baby with the person she later accused of using drugs and abusing her. It's not as if she didn't have family to support her leaving with her children, so why would she ever leave them in such a bad situation? Maybe she had post-partum and saw the situation as hopeless - I don't know. But she went back to her parents and other family members, so she wasn't all alone and would have had assistance. This makes me feel that the situation may not have been quite as she has described.

Well, unless she found out when she was 9 months pregnant, I can't quite see how she left any baby 4 months later after she discovered she was pregnant and stopped using drugs, only to find out that her partner wasn't interested in stopping too, and for her efforts she got kicked in the head for the question as to why he wouldn't give it up, too. There is a gestational period to figure in to the tale.

And recognizing each others' faults is what people do, and not wanting to deny a child knowing his/her other parent is an instinct of a person who just wants a normal family, normal love for the children and normal healthy interaction with the other adult if a family cannot be held together.

I have no reason to doubt that Crystal used drugs, gave up the drugs when she found out she was pregnant, asked Ronald to quit doing drugs too. I have no reason to believe, based on my own observation of his volatile anger toward even the minimal provocation, that he abused her when she confronted him.

As to "leaving" the child after it was born in the care of such a person, I'm sure that decision haunts her every. single. day. You try to do what you think is the right thing by not denying your children access to their father, and the carp gets thrown in your face as a bad mistake everytime you turn around. As I said.....................every. single. day. The poor woman. She continues to amaze me with working toward making better, healthier decisions.

Well, unless she found out when she was 9 months pregnant, I can't quite see how she left any baby 4 months later after she discovered she was pregnant and stopped using drugs, only to find out that her partner wasn't interested in stopping too, and for her efforts she got kicked in the head for the question as to why he wouldn't give it up, too. There is a gestational period to figure in to the tale.

And recognizing each others' faults is what people do, and not wanting to deny a child knowing his/her other parent is an instinct of a person who just wants a normal family, normal love for the children and normal healthy interaction with the other adult if a family cannot be held together.

I have no reason to doubt that Crystal used drugs, gave up the drugs when she found out she was pregnant, asked Ronald to quit doing drugs too. I have no reason to believe, based on my own observation of his volatile anger toward even the minimal provocation, that he abused her when she confronted him.

As to "leaving" the child after it was born in the care of such a person, I'm sure that decision haunts her every. single. day. You try to do what you think is the right thing by not denying your children access to their father, and the carp gets thrown in your face as a bad mistake everytime you turn around. As I said.....................every. single. day. The poor woman. She continues to amaze me with working toward making better, healthier decisions.

I'd like to tell you a story of a young girl who got involved with a drug dealer. She gets pregnant, he wants her to abort, she refuses. He sells and does coke during the pregnancy and after. When the baby is 9 months old...she leaves because he was threatening her with weapons and abusing her and refused to stop using and dealing. Because of the law in the state the Dad got visitation. On the child's 1st birthday during court ordered visitation he abducts the child and flees the state. the child was found years later and spent many, many years in therapy including as an inpatient. The Mom to this day wishes that she had been the one to flee with the child to prevent what happened. This Mom went on to foster and adopt five children, speak in High Schools about abuse and drug use and teen pregnancy, work and volunteer and otherwise be a productive member of society.

My question is this: Have you never made an uninformed decision that has hurt yourself or others? If so, pat yourself on the back because you are the Second Coming.

Oh and Debs, your post was a jumping off point. I agree with everything you said!!! :blowkiss:

I have a question. I haven't given Crystal a lot of attention so I am coming here to those that have more information.

Has it been discussed what is causing Crystal's illness? She is blacking out right? That's not good if it happens that often.

Also, was there a reason ever stated in the media for the closing of the Haleighbug bldg? Are they going to stay operational just not in that Bldg? Is anyone actively still searching for Haleigh from that foundation?

Just trying to get my facts straight. TIA

The details of Crystal's medical history haven't been revealed, as far as I know, but KP said something about stress as a factor, there have been mentions of seizure disorder running in the family, and she was in a car wreck that might or might not have anything to do with it but the latest is that the reason is still being investigated by doctors.

The reason why the Haleighbug center relocated to Baker county was reportedly the difficulties Crystal faced traveling to Satsuma with the driving restrictions in place and because no useful tips came in anyway.

Because a medical issue involving seizures is keeping Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, from traveling to Satsuma from her home in Baker County, the decision was made to close the building.

Kim Picazio, a South Florida attorney who has been helping Sheffield with the case, said most of what was coming into the center recently were rumors and gossip.

"We had already heard most of that," she said. "If anyone has a credible lead, they should be talking to law enforcement."

Picazio said Sheffield, who has had at least two seizures since the disappearance, including one that ended in a traffic accident, cannot make the drive to Satsuma. Doctors are still determining what caused the attacks, Picazio said.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-06-09/story/mom_closes_haleighs_headquarters

TY so much Donjeta! :blowkiss:

Her seizures could be very well stress-related, did not sleep, did not eat..

At least she was able to pay off $12 000 child support, she owed to Cummings as reported by Art Harris.

Bless her donor!:angel:

Her seizures could be very well stress-related, did not sleep, did not eat..

At least she was able to pay off $12 000 child support, she owed to Cummings as reported by Art Harris.

Bless her donor!:angel:

I had to go searching for sources of what you posted. I think it is great that the back child support debt has been paid. I don't know that we can link the source here though. Could someone tell me if Crystal is still operating the HBC in Baker County? Also, have we heard an update as to how Crystal is faring with the seizures?

I had to go searching for sources of what you posted. I think it is great that the back child support debt has been paid. I don't know that we can link the source here though. Could someone tell me if Crystal is still operating the HBC in Baker County? Also, have we heard an update as to how Crystal is faring with the seizures?

Here is the source.

Harris is respected reporter, covering the case for JVM

http://www.artharris.com/2009/06/21/haleigh-exclusive-mystery-donor-revealed/

Here is the source.

Harris is respected reporter, covering the case for JVM

http://www.artharris.com/2009/06/21/haleigh-exclusive-mystery-donor-revealed/

Are you talking about Art Harris? I think a respected reporter would be one that reported all aspects of a case without taking a stance one way or the other. I am not saying that the information that he posts is untrue....however, I have found confirmation of your post elsewhere. I was under the impression that we were not allowed to link to the Art Harris website, if I am wrong though....please forgive me!:blowkiss:

Are you talking about Art Harris? I think a respected reporter would be one that reported all aspects of a case without taking a stance one way or the other. I am not saying that the information that he posts is untrue....however, I have found confirmation of your post elsewhere. I was under the impression that we were not allowed to link to the Art Harris website, if I am wrong though....please forgive me!:blowkiss:
Linking to AH is fine, however, discussion of his blog entries aren't.

Blog entries that have NOT been verified or have nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance are counterproductive.

Now that Crystals back child support has been paid current I wonder if she is going to start paying it herself now.
Has has it been confirmed that LE wants to search or have searched recently Crystal's home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member