Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking news is that Kim Picazio is no longer Crystal's attorney. Two small miracles today.

Thank goodness, I hope this is true. She never needed an attorney to begin with in my opinion, same goes for Ronald. KP...in my opinion....was attracted to the dramatic side of this case and I often wondered if she would have went to Satsuma to "help out" Crystal had Haleigh never went missing. I never believed her when she said her first priority was to find Haleigh and bring her home. If that was her first priority, why is she leaving before Haleigh is brought home?

Sounds like Crystal did get rid of her instead of what Art said Kim said and that was she quit.

Good move, Crystal.

That is more proof for me personally not to trust AH or his sources, Cajun. ;)

South Florida attorney Kim Picazio was representing Sheffield pro-bono. She appeared on national television several times, claiming that some pictures were evidence that Haleigh had been abused.

DCF investigated those allegations against Haleigh's dad, Ronald Cummings, and now they've closed the case, saying they found no evidence of abuse.

Sheffield won't say why she's ending her relationship with her attorney.

"Personal things," she said. "I don't want to get into them."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/20072737/detail.html

It certainly sounds like she fired her to me! The article tries, imo, to make it sound like DCF investigation's final word played a key role in this decision, but maybe not.

I wonder what KP is going to come back with or if she will just go away now?

That is more proof for me personally not to trust AH or his sources, Cajun. ;)

South Florida attorney Kim Picazio was representing Sheffield pro-bono. She appeared on national television several times, claiming that some pictures were evidence that Haleigh had been abused.

DCF investigated those allegations against Haleigh's dad, Ronald Cummings, and now they've closed the case, saying they found no evidence of abuse.

Sheffield won't say why she's ending her relationship with her attorney.

"Personal things," she said. "I don't want to get into them."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/20072737/detail.html

It certainly sounds like she fired her to me! The article tries, imo, to make it sound like DCF investigation's final word played a key role in this decision, but maybe not.

I wonder what KP is going to come back with or if she will just go away now?

I for one hope that she will just go away.

Crystal, if you are reading here, please stay on the LE in Putnam county daily. We all want Haleigh found....she has touched the hearts of many.

Crystal, if you are reading here, please stay on the LE in Putnam county daily. We all want Haleigh found....she has touched the hearts of many.

Do you have link stating that Crystal is in "daily" contact with LE? Thanks.

I agree, no matter how many differing opinions we all have, HaLeigh has touched everyone's hearts and we all want her found.

I wonder how soon Haleigh will be found after this?

My opinion only

Does any know if Crystal is working? How is she going to continue to pay for the child support jmo but i hope it is not the donations as that i thought was going to be for the searchs for haleigh. and now that the foundations has changed names i am hoping that they will use the money for what they are saying it is for to search for haleigh and other missing children. TIA if anyone know the answers as i have been away from the forum for a while.,

Does any know if Crystal is working? How is she going to continue to pay for the child support jmo but i hope it is not the donations as that i thought was going to be for the searchs for haleigh. and now that the foundations has changed names i am hoping that they will use the money for what they are saying it is for to search for haleigh and other missing children. TIA if anyone know the answers as i have been away from the forum for a while.,

The new custody arrangements that have supposedly been agreed to may not require any support payments. It may be that they have decided to share custody equally, none of us know this information yet. Even if they do not, no support will be due for Haleigh at all, which lowers any amount that Crystal might owe. Since Chad works and Crystal helps to care for HIS children, there should be no problem with him helping her pay for any support payment she might owe for Jr.---I don't really see this as anyone else's business, and it certainly has absolutely no bearing on Haleigh being missing. NOT A CENT of the foundation money was used to pay support for the past five months or for the money amount that she was behind in payments, so no one could logically believe that it will be used for that in the future either.

I've not kept up with this case like I had been. The last 2 months of school and summer have been crazy busy. :crazy:

Has it ever been determined what was causing Crystal's seizures? Is she allowed to drive now?

I just read the article about the donor from Texas. I'm blown away by her kindness. Here's to you Barbara---:blowkiss:

I was wondering about the foundation for awhile. We heard in early June that it was moving to Baker County. It doesn't seem as if it has opened as of yet.

Interestingly enough, despite Kim only "withdrawing" yesterday, either having been fired or resigning, it seems that her departure from the case may have been in the works for a few weeks at least. I decided to take peek at the Haleigh Bug Foundation, Inc. records on Sunbiz.org, and saw something interesting:

Registered Agent Name & Address
GRIFFIS, MARIE
XXXXC MUD LAKE ROAD
GLEN ST. MARY FL 32040 US
Name Changed: 06/25/2009
Address Changed: 06/25/2009

Kim Picazio was the registered agent prior to the change that is listed on 6/25/09. Looks like Marie took over for her in late June. Guess the changes were coming for awhile. :D

As "Vice President" of a foundation, Crystal is entitled to draw a salary. However, I am curious as to if she is drawing a salary on a foundation that is not up and running at the moment? At least, the building is not open last I had heard. I imagine they wouldn't turn away donations if they were sent in, though. Wonder when the Center will reopen?

I was wondering about the foundation for awhile. We heard in early June that it was moving to Baker County. It doesn't seem as if it has opened as of yet.

Interestingly enough, despite Kim only "withdrawing" yesterday, either having been fired or resigning, it seems that her departure from the case may have been in the works for a few weeks at least. I decided to take peek at the Haleigh Bug Foundation, Inc. records on Sunbiz.org, and saw something interesting:

Kim Picazio was the registered agent prior to the change that is listed on 6/25/09. Looks like Marie took over for her in late June. Guess the changes were coming for awhile. :D

As "Vice President" of a foundation, Crystal is entitled to draw a salary. However, I am curious as to if she is drawing a salary on a foundation that is not up and running at the moment? At least, the building is not open last I had heard. I imagine they wouldn't turn away donations if they were sent in, though. Wonder when the Center will reopen?

There is no requirement of any kind that a foundation be housed in a separate or specified building, or even within an office space within a building. Literally thousands of foundations are maintained and well-run out of a file cabinet in someone's dining room or from a box beside a kitchen table. Many are given space at a business which helps to promote and support the charitable efforts of that foundation. There is no reason to believe that there is even any money coming in to the foundation at this time from which anyone could possibly draw a salary. jmo

There is no requirement of any kind that a foundation be housed in a separate or specified building, or even within an office space within a building. Literally thousands of foundations are maintained and well-run out of a file cabinet in someone's dining room or from a box beside a kitchen table. Many are given space at a business which helps to promote and support the charitable efforts of that foundation. There is no reason to believe that there is even any money coming in to the foundation at this time from which anyone could possibly draw a salary. jmo

I realize how "many" foundations are run. I'm specifically talking about the HaLeigh Bug Foundation, Inc. I believe they said the HaLeigh Bug Center was going to be run out of a building on Crystal's mother's property "on the hay farm".

As far as how much money is being made, we'll be able to tell eventually when the reports are put up online. At least we'll be able to tell how much money was made after they filed for non-profit status after May 8th. No telling how much money was made between February - May 8th when there was no accounting for the money.

If she is not working, it could be due to health issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelChard