GUILTY CT - Andrew Kissel, 46, stabbed to death, Greenwich, 3 April 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On our local news this evening,Kissel's name was brought up with this crime.
The news transcripts are not on at this time,when it is available I will post it.Kissel's summer home next to this victim.
He was bound like the Vermont victim.

dark_shadows said:
On our local news this evening,Kissel's name was brought up with this crime.
The news transcripts are not on at this time,when it is available I will post it.Kissel's summer home next to this victim.
He was bound like the Vermont victim.

Weird coincidence, DS. Please post the news transcripts when available.

Hi CP,:)

I will post the link when it is up.
So the real estate transactions are one to look at.It was not brought up on the news,but here is a take on that one;
According to a published report, Wieser's father, Heinz Paul Wieser, owned a bar called Cadillac Jack's in Westfield, Mass., in the early 1990s and has been involved in real estate transactions.

Renato Wieser was making his living as a house painter when he died, but had been a ski instructor before that, and had also worked in a local restaurant. He was well-liked around town.

Here is the real estate question part;
In divorce papers, Hayley Kissel said her husband had sought treatment for a drinking problem and had committed fraud against her, including forging powers of attorney to transfer property she owned in Vermont and converting assets for his own use in violation of court orders. The couple have two children.

concernedperson said:
Weird coincidence, DS. Please post the news transcripts when available.
Hello CP,
Here are the transcripts;
link go to #8

8} WIESER_VO Vermont investigators do not think there is a connection between a murder in Winhall and a murder in Connecticut. 27 year-old Renato Wieser was killed inside his parent's home in Winhall last week. Police have not said how he died - but sources say Wieser was tied up and severely beaten.Last month in Greenwich Connectict a millionaire developer - Andrew Kissel - was found bound and fatally stabbed at his home. Kissel had a second home close to where Wieser lived. Vermont State Police have talked with Investigators in Connecticut -- but say at this point the murders do not seem connected. Police will not say if they have any suspects.
end of quote---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course they are saying that the two are not linked.
They would not bring up the name if there was no link.They have been tight lipped about the case from the start.When the car was found,Vermont would not disclose where it was found.The Associated Press broke the news.There is more to this story and the dancing on facts proves it all the more.

dark_shadows said:
Hello CP,
Here are the transcripts;
link go to #8

8} WIESER_VO Vermont investigators do not think there is a connection between a murder in Winhall and a murder in Connecticut. 27 year-old Renato Wieser was killed inside his parent's home in Winhall last week. Police have not said how he died - but sources say Wieser was tied up and severely beaten.Last month in Greenwich Connectict a millionaire developer - Andrew Kissel - was found bound and fatally stabbed at his home. Kissel had a second home close to where Wieser lived. Vermont State Police have talked with Investigators in Connecticut -- but say at this point the murders do not seem connected. Police will not say if they have any suspects.
end of quote---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course they are saying that the two are not linked.
They would not bring up the name if there was no link.They have been tight lipped about the case from the start.When the car was found,Vermont would not disclose where it was found.The Associated Press broke the news.There is more to this story and the dancing on facts proves it all the more.

That is kinda what I am thinkng. This is truly interesting.

Hi CP,

news link

Two men have been arrested in connection with a murder in Winhall.

27-year-old Christopher Kosmalski and 27-year-old Joshua Gould were arrested in Cocoa Beach, Florida on unrelated charges. They are accused of trying to rob a man outside a restaurant.

Meanwhile, with the arrest in the Winhall case, authorities in Connecticut are still investigating whether Wieser's murder is connected to the stabbing death of millionaire developer Andrew Kissel.

Kissel was found dead in his Connecticut home last month. He has a second home close to where Wieser lived. Also, Wieser once worked at the Stratton Mountain Resort where Kissel's wife use to work as well. And Andrew Kissel use to frequent a local bar where Wieser once worked.

Vermont State Police don't believe the murders are related.

That was a fairly quick arrest. Seems like LE had info to indicate these two. Now, with that said, why do they keep referring to the Kissell murder if they say it is unrelated?

Lots of coincidental references to both murder victims....could happen to be just that, coincidences!

concernedperson said:
That was a fairly quick arrest. Seems like LE had info to indicate these two. Now, with that said, why do they keep referring to the Kissell murder if they say it is unrelated?

Lots of coincidental references to both murder victims....could happen to be just that, coincidences!
Hi CP,

VSP says they do not think that there is a link.
Conn. LE says otherwise.The home in Vermont is the victim's parents second home.The 24 year-old murder victim lived in Conn.

This is from the new link posted;
The Greenwich (Conn.) Time has reported that Connecticut police have been interested in the Vermont slaying and were probing whether there was any connection to the April stabbing death of Greenwich developer Andrew Kissel. He owned a vacation home in Vermont not far from where Wieser's body was found in his parents' home.

Vermont police have refused to say whether they were looking into possible links, but Greenwich police said they had been talking about it with their Vermont counterparts. "We are talking with them and continue to talk with them," Greenwich Chief James Walters said.

updated story

Now we are getting somewhere.More coincidences. Some might even tie this whole group to each other.

Hi CP,

Hopefully you are right when you say coincidences,but there are too many of those.That is probably why Connecticut LE is still investigating further.

New York story

2ND SLAY EYED FOR
LINKS TO KISSEL

SKI NEIGHBOR WAS TORTURED

May 17, 2006 -- Cops probing Andrew Kissel's mysterious murder in Connecticut are looking at possible connections to a sadistic slaying of a Vermont man who lived mere blocks away from the swindler's vacation home.

Renato Wieser, 27, was bound, beaten and tortured by an unknown person a week ago in his dad's Winhall, Vt., house, WCAX-TV in Burlington has reported.

Kissel was similarly bound and repeatedly stabbed before his corpse was discovered April 3 in the blood-splattered basement of his Greenwich mansion.

There are other similarities between the two men. Kissel, 46, owned a second home near Stratton Mountain that was just blocks from where Wieser was killed. Kissel was arrested at that home last year on federal fraud charges

dark_shadows said:
This case was brought up tonight on Nancy Grace.
I noticed that when I was flipping through the channels. Are there any updates?

Masterj said:
I noticed that when I was flipping through the channels. Are there any updates?
Hello Masterj,:)
I tried finding the transcripts for you and cannot find them yet.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

link
She was hoping to inherit the millions after moving into a trailer park here in Vermont with a TV repairman...

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

No one in their right might would hire someone to commit suicide, they normally just do it theirself.

Can someone help with finding the transcripts from this on Nancy Grace???

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

A chauffeur and his cousin are being charged in the 2006 stabbing death of a millionaire developer accused of real estate fraud, police said Saturday.

Andrew Kissel, 46, was found tied up and stabbed to death in his Greenwich mansion just days before he was to plead guilty in a multimillion-dollar fraud case.

Carlos Trujillo, who was Kissel's driver, and his cousin, Leonard Trujillo, have been arrested in connection with the developer's death, Greenwich Police Chief David Ridberg said Saturday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,340710,00.html

A chauffeur and his cousin are being charged in the 2006 stabbing death of a millionaire developer accused of real estate fraud, police said Saturday.

Andrew Kissel, 46, was found tied up and stabbed to death in his Greenwich mansion just days before he was to plead guilty in a multimillion-dollar fraud case.

Carlos Trujillo, who was Kissel's driver, and his cousin, Leonard Trujillo, have been arrested in connection with the developer's death, Greenwich Police Chief David Ridberg said Saturday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,340710,00.html

Thanks for the link. This is getting interesting. I never thought that this guy committed suicide. I'm still wondering if the estranged wife is involved. I guess that only time will tell.

I don't know about this one. The timing was and is suspect. If a person is murdered, life insurance pays out. Unless of course, the person benefiting kills the insured.

But.....if he committs suicide, then nothing, so if a person wants the life insurance, but does not want to kill, then of course they could hire someone. Anyone..........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plumsy1
Back