GUILTY CT - Andrew Kissel, 46, stabbed to death, Greenwich, 3 April 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.nypost.com/seven/0324200..._murder_possibly_a_suicide_for_hir_103364.htm

By DAN MANGAN in Greenwich, Conn., and MATTHEW NESTEL in Worcester, Mass.

March 24, 2008 --

It may have been a suicide-for-hire after all.

Greenwich cops today left open the possibility that millionaire real estate mogul Andrew Kissel paid his assistant and another man to kill him - leaving a $15 million life insurance policy to his family.

"If it ends up being the case, that's fine," said Police Chief David Ridberg, referring to the theory that was first reported by The Post shortly after the April 2006 murder.

...............more at link

Talk about family "dysfunction", one brother is murdered by his wife resulting in a "sensational" lurid trial.

The other one, who defrauds people, possibly arranges for his "murder" so he will not go to prision and have to pay the money back he defrauded.

Gee I would have liked to know the home environment they grew up in........

I just read an excellent, newly released book about the Kissels by Joe McGinnis called, "Never Enough." I could not put it down. Highly recommended if you want to read about dysfunction among the very wealthy...

I don't know about this one. The timing was and is suspect. If a person is murdered, life insurance pays out. Unless of course, the person benefiting kills the insured.

But.....if he committs suicide, then nothing, so if a person wants the life insurance, but does not want to kill, then of course they could hire someone. Anyone..........

Life insurance not paying out on a suicide is a commmon misconception. After an initial peroid, usually two years, a suicide is treated like any other death. I don't think most people are aware of that though, so hiring someone to kill you instead of doing the deed yourself probably does seem resonable.

Lifetime is showing a movie about the Kissel brothers on Saturday Nov 15th, for those who are interested in the cases. You would have to check you local guide for times.

I must have been living under a rock because I had never heard of this case until I saw the advertisement for the movie.

It sounds interesting.

From March 2011:

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Kissel-driver-pleads-guilty-to-attempted-murder-1307370.php

A Bridgeport man charged in the slaying of Greenwich real estate developer Andrew Kissel pleaded guilty Friday in state Superior Court in Stamford to attempted murder, closing the final chapter in the nearly 5-year-old case.

Carlos Trujillo, 49, was immediately sentenced to 20 years in prison, suspended after six years, followed by five years of probation...

After two weeks of evidence and several days of deliberations, a 12-member jury acquitted Trujillo of murder, but they were split 7-5 on the attempted murder charge. A mistrial was declared on that count...

Trujillo's cousin, Leonard Trujillo, 24, pleaded guilty to manslaughter and conspiracy to commit murder in 2009 on the eve of his own trial... While Ferencek acknowledged that Leonard Trujillo was a good witness for the state, he said his agreed-upon sentence of 20 years will not be changed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back