CT- Annie Le, 24, Yale Student, Missing 9/8/09 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from Jersey girl Post #338

This is a pharmaceutical lab she was working in. I wonder if Annie could have stumbled upon something and became incapacitated b/c of it. There's been no word of chemicals gone missing. I wonder if a "true" inventory has been done. I know they searched Annie's belongings and her lab (including computers, etc), but I do wonder if inventory was taken and compared to order forms for certain chems. Just thinkin'...
respectfully snipped

Jersey girl, what kind of chemicals are you thinking of? What could Annie have stumbled upon that incapacitated her? Or are you thinking she was given the chemical? TIA

New Haven State's Attorney Michael Dearington and an inspector from his office, Timothy Reardon, arrived at a research lab at 10 Amistad St. as police continue to look for Annie Le, 24, inside the building. Investigators were seen bringing in blueprints of the building.

http://www.courant.com/community/new-haven/hc-yale-missing-0912.artsep11,0,4181908.story

Is this common?...meaning SA

New Haven has a high crime rate which houses an ivy league university considered to be filled with extremely wealthy & intelligent students. I would question why a state attorney "wouldn't" be involved. Please don't take that out of context. The reason I think this is b/c Yale is an incredibly well known higher education facility, it's held in high regard worldwide, literally. If the SA didn't get involved, it would make the whole state look bad, imo. The SA is probably involved b/c crime is so horrendous, if he didn't get involved, eventually it could cost some higher-up's their jobs...including his.

News > New Haven
MISSING STUDENT: CRIME SCENE FOUND IN BUILDING
Published: Saturday, September 12, 2009

By William Kaempffer, Register Staff

NEW HAVEN — Bloody clothes and other evidence of a crime scene have been found inside the building where missing Yale University student Annie Le was last seen, police sources said Saturday.

The discovery may dash hopes that Le, whose wedding Sunday has been called off, would be found alive.

Police sources said the evidence was discovered in a ceiling at the Yale building at 10 Amistad St. where surveillance footage shows Le entering Tuesday morning. She has not been seen since. The building houses the university’s molecular biology labs.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/12/news/new_haven/doc4aabf19f66a5b662461713.txt

from Jersey girl Post #338

This is a pharmaceutical lab she was working in. I wonder if Annie could have stumbled upon something and became incapacitated b/c of it. There's been no word of chemicals gone missing. I wonder if a "true" inventory has been done. I know they searched Annie's belongings and her lab (including computers, etc), but I do wonder if inventory was taken and compared to order forms for certain chems. Just thinkin'...
respectfully snipped

Jersey girl, what kind of chemicals are you thinking of? What could Annie have stumbled upon that incapacitated her? Or are you thinking she was given the chemical? TIA

I have absolutely no idea, I'm only brainstorming. ALOT of bad stuff can be made from chems found in a lab, especially when perps fall under the radar b/c of their intelligence level. Heck yeah she could have been slipped something. I was wondering if it were that or maybe she got there early and discovered somebody doing something they weren't supposed to be doing, like stealing chems or biproducts. Again, just brainstorming.

Something else, I weighed 89 pounds when I graduated high school. I'm 5'5. People could throw me all over the place without any effort. She's 4'9 and only weighed 90. I myself could flip her over my shoulders without hardly any effort - that's just an example :) She would have been very easy to target b/c she could be disposed of rather quickly. At 4'9, she's the size of an average child in middle school, and we all know on here how easily those kids can disappear. There's no way in my mind that she went missing without somebody seeing something. Somebody knew what they were doing. Does anyone know if the people in charge of security, or the people that run the security cameras, were questioned extensively? IMO, they'd know where the black spots would be, bad angles, etc.

News > New Haven

NEW HAVEN — Bloody clothes and other evidence of a crime scene have been found inside the building where missing Yale University student Annie Le was last seen, police sources said Saturday.

The discovery may dash hopes that Le, whose wedding Sunday has been called off, would be found alive.

Police sources said the evidence was discovered in a ceiling at the Yale building at 10 Amistad St. where surveillance footage shows Le entering Tuesday morning. She has not been seen since. The building houses the university’s molecular biology labs.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/12/news/new_haven/doc4aabf19f66a5b662461713.txt

:eek: Found in a ceiling! That reminds me of the case in Manhattan recently. Thanks for posting this info so quickly.

I've been searching online for a complete day! Does anyone know if security cameras are located inside of the lab at all? Probably not, considering much of what research teams do are "highly secretive". If there's no security camera pointed at the lab's door, and no security camera or monitoring device located inside of the lab, then somebody had to know that. Maybe they entered and also escaped through the ceiling..again, considering how tiny Annie is, it wouldn't take that much effort to accomplish. For some reason, I just don't buy the concept of her running away with cold feet. No way. Something else...with her writing that article about safety, I wonder if that made it a game for the perp? Maybe it was somebody she saw everyday...

News > New Haven

No body mentioned??? Where was she put or was she rolled out in a suitcase or bin? What a tragedy.

:eek: Found in a ceiling! That reminds me of the case in Manhattan recently. Thanks for posting this info so quickly.

This is becoming more and more apparent to me that someone at Yale has committed this crime. :(

News > New Haven

Women's or men's...or both? Size? I'm looking all over the place...hooked on this case now. Quick question for any molecular biologist (or anyone that may know)...if a body was disposed of in a vat of acid to break down and dissolve, would the clothes be removed before doing so? or could the clothes dissolve, also, in acid? If not, would it be because of the mollecular make-up, maybe take longer to break down?

Bloody Clothing Found at Yale

The sources tell News Channel 8's Erin Cox the area where the items were found is now considered a crime scene.

New Haven Police Chief James Lewis told News Channel 8 no body has been found.

Around 12:15 p.m., New Haven State's Attorney Michael Dearington was photographed leaving the building at 10 Amistad St. with New Haven Assistant Chief Peter Reichard.

A Yale University spokesperson said a statement would be released "sometime today".

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_ha...en_bloody_clothing_found_at_yale_200909121535

I bet that fire alarm was pulled to give the perp time to stash the clothes and body without being walked in on. Seems like the body would have to be someplace where it could be put quickly -- at least temporarily. I assume they're checking the duct work.

If her body left the lab, why wouldn't her clothes have gone with the body? Why hide the clothes there but take the body? Makes me think her body never left the lab. But where could she be and there be no odor???

ETA: Unless it's someone else's clothes found with blood on them? Perhaps the perp got blood on him and couldn't leave with blood on him?

This is becoming more and more apparent to me that someone at Yale has committed this crime. :(

Totally agree. Maybe somebody that was part of the research team...or somebody that wasn't accepted to be part of the team and was jealous of Annie being asked to join.
...or...maybe Annie discovered something important in her research and somebody else wanted the recognition for it...
or maybe she has met with foul play for the very simple reason that some sick perv wanted her! omg this stuff just makes me so sick. I'm so sick of the statistics going off the hook. If she has met her demise, and with what I've been reading about her online, this world was just served an injustice b/c her brilliant mind will surely be missed.

If her body left the lab, why wouldn't her clothes have gone with the body? Why hide the clothes there but take the body? Makes me think her body never left the lab. But where could she be and there be no odor???

There's still always the faint possibility that she stashed her own bloody clothes in the ceiling. Her wearing two set of clothes would explain the unusual dowdiness of her outfit on the video. I don't think that happened, but just putting it out there.

ETA: Unless it's someone else's clothes found with blood on them? Perhaps the perp got blood on him and couldn't leave with blood on him?

I happen to believe her body was hidden somewhere in the lab...just a hunch. And for hiding the odor -- this is a lab. The have formaldahyde. If it was a scientist-type I'm sure they would be able to mask the odor.

Bloody Clothing Found at Yale

The sources tell News Channel 8's Erin Cox the area where the items were found is now considered a crime scene.

New Haven Police Chief James Lewis told News Channel 8 no body has been found.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_ha...en_bloody_clothing_found_at_yale_200909121535

This is so very tragic. What a loss. Poor Annie. I hope Yale will take major steps to improve security.

Note a comment on the earlier news report at

To chrisg wrote on Sep 12, 2009 3:54 PM:
" The building she was in is huge and has many underground tunnels,believe it or not you can go in one tunnel and literally come out across campus, that being said it is possible to get into and out off that building without being seen!"

News > New Haven

That makes me think she is still in the building. If the killer was able to remove her from the building why wouldn't he take the clothes? Also makes me think he probably wanted to get back into the building to remove the clothes but couldn't when Annie was reported missing and the cops started searching the building.

I can't see why some random person off the street, if he somehow gained access, would hide clothes in the ceiling.

Women's or men's...or both? Size? I'm looking all over the place...hooked on this case now. Quick question for any molecular biologist (or anyone that may know)...if a body was disposed of in a vat of acid to break down and dissolve, would the clothes be removed before doing so? or could the clothes dissolve, also, in acid? If not, would it be because of the mollecular make-up, maybe take longer to break down?

I've been heavily involved with research so here goes: The lab I was in had hydrochloric acid about 36% HCL...that's pretty concentrated and I'm sure different labs have various concentrations. Acid will leave holes and weaken the cloth, but to dissolve every shred/thread, I think that would take some time...and would depend on the material... gosh I don't want to guess.

Cops seeking clues in missing Yale student Annie Le's disappearance say case 'wide open'
Saturday, September 12th 2009, 2:43 PM
<snipped>
Investigators searching for missing Yale graduate student Annie Le questioned a man outside her lab yesterday - then put him in an unmarked car with an FBI agent and drove away.

The source said investigators are looking at:

*A burglary gone bad - the lab where Le was last seen is full of valuable equipment.

*Kidnapping - Le's mother owns nail salons in California and has access to cash.

*A professor who suddenly canceled a class Le was to attend around the time she went missing.

Investigators are still searching through hundreds of hours of surveillance footage and following up on tips.

They are going frame by frame, looking at every image," said Yale spokesman Tom Conroy. "We are also reviewing footage of nearby businesses."

"We have yet to I.D. her leaving the building," he said.

"The FBI is continuing to do interviews with everyone who knew the student."

Investigators took unidentified male for questioning at Amistad Hall where missing Yale grad student Annie Marie Le, 24, who was scheduled to get married, was last seen.
alg_annie-le_questioning.jpg

Article:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...nt_annie_les_disappearance_say_case_wide.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
letimeline_png_200x1000_q85.jpg

medschoolmap_png_200x1000_q85.jpg

amd_facebook_annie-le.jpg

:angel:

This is so very tragic. What a loss. Poor Annie. I hope Yale will take major steps to improve security.

Note a comment on the earlier news report at

To chrisg wrote on Sep 12, 2009 3:54 PM:
" The building she was in is huge and has many underground tunnels,believe it or not you can go in one tunnel and literally come out across campus, that being said it is possible to get into and out off that building without being seen!"

That makes sense to me! My college had underground tunnels. They were shortcuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo