CT- Annie Le, 24, Yale Student, Missing 9/8/09 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Daily News mentioned Le's roommate reported her missing when she failed to return home Tuesday evening:

'"Le's roommate in New Haven reported her missing when she didn't come home Tuesday, police said.'

Obviously a thorough investigation into her social circle is important, but something struck me as a bit odd when I read the roommate notified authorities of Le's disappearance. I understand a roommate would be the first to notice a deviation in someone's pattern of living, but it seems like the roommate (she or he) would know the most about Annie's daily routine since Le's family is in California and her fiance a 3 hour train ride away in New York. That being said, I'd be interested to know what information specifically the police are able to get from her statement.

WELCOME.png
to WS Wikisleuth I'm so happy you found us and appreciate your contribution to the forum.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...ssing-yale-student-set-to-wed-on-li-1.1438618

I am still trying to find a link that says otherwise... but everything I have read so far is saying she swiped into the building..... still looking...

Maybe someone else swiped her card to get in...Annie was fearful! Why would she walk for 3 blocks with her arms full of papers? I can't imagine any researcher taking papers for a walk outside. At the very least, they would be in a backpack!

I'm trying to read along, thank you all for your work at bringing the info here. I appreciate it very much.

Was it ever discussed as to why she didn't feel safe? Just curious.

Were they ever able to locate her exiting the bldg (during fire alarm)? I saw some discussion on that but any additional info is greatly appreciated.

Have the taken any dogs into that bldg yet? TIA

Hey Kitty Kat!!!

~a friend said (there is a link here somewhere) that she had a previous incident with getting away from an "incident" with people... didn't really go into detail

~7 months ago she wrote a published article about safety in New Haven, the high crime, and how to stay safe. She interviewed LE...

~LE is scrubbing the video to see if they can see her exiting the building. LE says the fire drill is most likely not related... it was a smoke alarm malfunction

~blood hounds have been in and around the building with nothing being reported as a "hit"

~they took a bag of evidence from her apartment (I am thinking it was most likely hair brush, etc)

~fbi is on the case. le has been searching dumpsters with hazmat suits on... I think the reason for that is because they are near lots of medical facilities/labs? Just a thought

hope that helps :-)

Maybe someone else swiped her card to get in...Annie was fearful! Why would she walk for 3 blocks with her arms full of papers? I can't imagine any researcher taking papers for a walk outside. At the very least, they would be in a backpack!

Moreover after writing the article on crime and tips on safety she would know carrying papers might make her vulnerable and may hinder fighting an attack. It appears she was following her safety tips in leaving her belongings at her other office. I am perplexed as well about the papers...

It was morning time so I can understand walking three blocks. Your backpack comment makes sense. My question to you though is why your gut thinks this is important? I'm not disparaging, just curious. I'm interested in your extended thought process. Perhaps she left her purse and other belongings at her office because she had to carry all those papers to the lab. Speaking of, did those papers make it to the lab? Obviously we'll have to wait and see.

I'm confused about her leaving her cell phone at the office and going to the lab without it. Any crime consious person has their cell phone on them at all times.

Investigators today used bloodhounds to search the Amistad Building, where Le was last seen Tuesday.
Outside, FBI investigators scoured several large garbage bins for evidence, and G-men also entered Le’s New Haven apartment.
Electronic records reveal that Le — who is seeking a doctorate in pharmacology and molecular medicine — used her Yale ID card to swipe into the Amistad Building at about 10 a.m. Tuesday.
http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/university-news/2009/09/11/search-continues-missing-student/

just a little bit o clarity on the whether the dogs were inside the building.. although this is media... and it can always be a little "off"

Annie picked the area of research for her dissertation:

topic for her dissertation: understanding how certain proteins are involved with metabolic diseases such as diabetes.

Not only will Annie be missed by her loved ones, colleagues, and friends, but by Planet Earth...her contributions would be immense. Why did Yale wait so long in notifying students??? Thursday AM...why?

Hi Everyone,

FWIW,

A comment was left by a friend at the link below saying that Annie was known to transport mice between her lab and the building she disappeared in. It's possible that she could be the target of an animal rights activist, but they aren't common around Yale.

Is it possible it was mice in a cage covered over with a blanket when she was seen on camera and not papers???

Thanks for all the great updates.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/crossc...log-updates-annie-les-disappearance/comments/

I'm confused about her leaving her cell phone at the office and going to the lab without it. Any crime consious person has their cell phone on them at all times.
seeing as she had to teach be at a class later that day (wish we knew the time...) I bet she didn't plan on staying long... just planned on dropping all the files off...

((warning... nurse is just speculating here))... It would make sense to me that because she had just declared her dissertation topic and was trying to get "ahead" before the wedding and had been in her lab more than ten hours a day that she would have been possibly dropping files off related to her new research project (they looked like a bunch of manilla file folders).
If she just planned on a quick in and out of the building it makes sense to me for her to leave her personal items back at the sterling medical building office.

I wonder what her normal "lunch" habits were?

seeing as she had to teach be at a class later that day (wish we knew the time...) I bet she didn't plan on staying long... just planned on dropping all the files off...

((warning... nurse is just speculating here))... It would make sense to me that because she had just declared her dissertation topic and was trying to get "ahead" before the wedding and had been in her lab more than ten hours a day that she would have been possibly dropping files off related to her new research project (they looked like a bunch of manilla file folders).
If she just planned on a quick in and out of the building it makes sense to me for her to leave her personal items back at the sterling medical building office.

I wonder what her normal "lunch" habits were?

Was this a planned visit or did someone summon her to that building? That person could hold the key.

Not trying to start speculation or anything. And I'm sure LE has the entire video sequence and would know if something happened. But the girl in the video looks like she has winter gloves on which I thought odd. And she appears to be moving right at Annie and her hand is clenched like she's about to clock someone. And Annie has her head pulled back as if she's being hesitant. Maybe the girl was just in a hurry and flew through the door, IDK.

Why do you think she would not have walked 3-4 blocks carrying papers? What I am more curious about is where are those papers now? Perhaps she was working on some kind of medical breakthrough and someone wanted to steal her research? If she was working with 7 other people in the lab, I wonder when THEY last saw her, and which lab?

Annie is caught on video carrying an armful of papers while entering the building. Certainly she didn't walk 3 or 4 blocks carrying all those papers, where did she get them. What have I missed? Maybe the video shown is NOT of her entering the building but of another time???

http://www.courant.com/community/ne...annie-le-0910-pictures,0,3881581.photogallery

great set of pictures... picture six shows the bag taken from her apartment. Here is a public transportation map from her house 188 lawrence street, to sterling medical building where her office is.. the walking route is the same... notice that she would have to get off of public transportation, walk a bit, than get back on if she went that route... http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=333+Cedar+St,+New+Haven,+CT+06519+(Sterling+Hall+of+Medicine)&daddr=188+lawrence+street+,new+haven&hl=en&geocode=Fe47dgId9h2n-yE7glnLnHdytQ%3B&mra=cc&dirflg=r&sll=41.311211,-72.924671&sspn=0.029141,0.076818&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=14&start=0 could someone have targeted her on her daily route?

That appears to be the outside building entrance not the lab entrance. You can see the reflection of outdoor steps and a metal hand rail in the glass of the door on the left hand side. The card swipe would be at the door to the actual lab room.

That's what I think too. But media has been reporting she swiped her card to get into the building. I wanted to try to clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member