CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Research animals.........are they cremated when they die?
Is/Was a crematorium in use anywhere on the campass?
Just a thought......

Where I am they are carted away in biohazard barrels- the disposal company most likely cremates them at their facility.

Hey, do we know "who" made the comment about Annie's high heels?

I'll bet Yale or one of their insurance carriers paid it...and I'm quite sure it was a lot more than the paltry $10,000 they are offering in Annie's case!!!

MOO.
I agree the $10K doesn't really seem like much considering everything. MOO

Reports: Bloody clothes not Le's
Updated: Sunday, 13 Sep 2009, 5:33 PM EDT
Published : Sunday, 13 Sep 2009, 5:30 PM EDT
<snipped>
Bloody clothes found in a Yale building are not the ones worn my missing grad student Annie Le the day she vanished, according to published reports Sunday.

News Channel 8 reported Saturday that bloody clothes were found above ceiling tiles in the building at 10 Amistad St., and that the area was considered a crime scene.

According to the New Haven Register , the clothes were still being tested but they had not been linked to Le as of the afternoon.

The Yale Daily News cited a source who said the blood on the items could be either human or animal blood.

News Channel 8's sources were not able to confirm the reports.

Article:
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_ha..._reports_bloody_clothes_not_le_s_200909131726
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Annie Le PHOTOS
http://news.lalate.com/2009/09/13/annie-le-photos/

:angel:
I hope the clothing is recognizable enough that LE can look back through video and identify who came in wearing it. Fingers crossed.

I had a rather crazy thought last night which I sort of shrugged off - but one of the last posts said they weren't sure if the blood on the clothes was human or animal.

It seems unlikely, but what if....

(This is all speculation.) Assume Annie had been working with the same animals (mice) for an extended period - or perhaps multiple generations of the same "family" of mice. Assume she has found something important.

Tues morning she goes to the animal facility and finds her mice gone. Perhaps one dead (killed) mouse remains, maybe along with a ransom demand for the return of the others.

Annie might not run off because of the wedding, but would she take off if she found her research animals gone, and all the work she has done for the last year or more totally down the tubes? Especially if she suspected who was responsible and was trying to get them back.

There were suggestions that robbery or kidnapping might have been the motive - might it have been the mice that were stolen/kidnapped? If they were taken, might Yale pay to get them back? Would be much easier to smuggle mice out of the building than a body - and the "small amount of blood" could be mouse blood.

A mouse-napping might explain the attitude of the FBI agent during the briefing yesterday.

Unfortunately, I doubt if this is what happened - I fear it's something far more serious - but....

Hi Puffster, Just thinking here and also not saying Schlessinger is any way incolved here. It almost seems historic that people with sexual proclivities always have them. I hate generalizations too, but the incident with Annie escaping, do we know who was involved in that failed attempt to 'have' her? It is probably nothing, but if it was this Mr S, and it was brushed under the rug by Yale, I could see why Bennett would email this guy right away. He worked closely with her and might have seen what was going on.

God forbid anything like this being true and I even feel guilty for thinking this. Stranger things have happened tho. xox

You are good. I have paused and have a lot more info on him but haven't posted. And let me re-iterate, Joseph Schlessinger, as far as I know, is not a suspect or person of interest and I am not saying in any way that he is involved in Annie Le's disappearance.

LE ALWAYS looks at people with "sexual pasts", whether it is criminal or civil. The "I couldn't have her theory" is something I thought about. And yes, there were questions about why Bennett would go to Schless, perhaps it was more "do you know anything about this". The sexual harrassment suit hasn't been reported in MSM, but clearly he know's his history. One other thing -- Schless is Jewish, has won a presitious award recently in Israel. She was marrying a Jew. Perhaps the wrong Jew.

I am betting that the clothing is a generic white lab coat. This would give LE reason to question if it was even related to her.

I'm thinking lab coats kept at lab and not worn in or out of facility by most. This would mean no red flag for someone wearing one in but not out and also be ambiguous enough that LE could not immediately identify it as being associated with Annie.

Hey, do we know "who" made the comment about Annie's high heels?

Colleagues, in general.
Colleagues interviewed universally described Le as a bundle of energy &#8212; an always upbeat and friendly individual, who, while petite, is readily recognizable by the clickety-clack of her high heels on the lab floors

And since it is an unattributed quote, I wouldn't put much in "high heels". They could have been Crocs that were clickety clacking.

Schlessinger might not be a person of interest, but I can certainly see why Yale wants a) to keep him around and b) to keep things as quiet as possible.

I still say LE is looking at him.

The alleged email from Bennett to Schlessinger. This information comes from Schlessinger, not Bennett (can anyone find something where BENNETT himself says he emailed Schless?)

I bet he really liked that.

His department, Schlessinger said, “knows nothing” about Le’s disappearance.

Joey...considering what I've read about you....you are not like anybody's parents.

omg. :clap::clap::clap: I'd never have gone back to check those quotes. Wow. open mouth. Insert big fat male chauvenist foot.

and yes, let's find out about who loved to hear her heels too.

:blowkiss:

That's what I love about this place. Just hold a few things up for all you crime dogs to sniff and .... off you go making connections that make the little bit they feed us make sense! :woohoo:

They've had dogs in there and a couple of possibilities are 1) dogs didn't pick up any scent of her body still there and/or 2) the dogs alerted to a trash container, leading LE to believe that is how her body was removed. MOO

Thanks Pantara, I bet they alerted to a trash container. Could that loosely be called a 'tip'? :rolleyes:

I was just going to ask about the tracking of the garbage and how they do that. All I know is they will know where the garbage was placed by date, like in a landfill. I'm hoping someone here might know about that.

I really was surprised that besides that big truck and the SUV at the incinerator center that there were so many police cars there as well. Why? And is that center for hazardous waste only? If so I would think everything would be marked by date and what office it came from. xox

You are good. I have paused and have a lot more info on him but haven't posted. And let me re-iterate, Joseph Schlessinger, as far as I know, is not a suspect or person of interest and I am not saying in any way that he is involved in Annie Le's disappearance.

LE ALWAYS looks at people with "sexual pasts", whether it is criminal or civil. The "I couldn't have her theory" is something I thought about. And yes, there were questions about why Bennett would go to Schless, perhaps it was more "do you know anything about this". The sexual harrassment suit hasn't been reported in MSM, but clearly he know's his history. One other thing -- Schless is Jewish, has won a presitious award recently in Israel. She was marrying a Jew. Perhaps the wrong Jew.
I really don't think Schlessinger is involved in Annie's disappearance, but the last thing you mentioned is interesting as far as different religions and cultures go. Could there be someone (she knew) who had "issues" with a Vietnamese woman marrying a Jewish man? I can't shrug off the notion that the impending wedding could've played a part in the timing. MOO

I am very unhappy that there is not a published timeline by authorities. It could help so much, maybe jar someones memory etc. and reduce speculation. Probably just as important as the physical search.

It is crucial we know who alerted Bennett that AL was not at work. From everything I have read she had no accountability for work until 2pm for her TA job?
I see she signed up for special lab time but no where does it say who or if she was with a team or alone in this lab?

Why cant authorities narrow down the time line of when she went missing?

Thanks Pantara, I bet they alerted to a trash container. Could that loosely be called a 'tip'? :rolleyes:

I was just going to ask about the tracking of the garbage and how they do that. All I know is they will know where the garbage was placed by date, like in a landfill. I'm hoping someone here might know about that.

I really was surprised that besides that big truck and the SUV at the incinerator center that there were so many police cars there as well. Why? And is that center for hazardous waste only? If so I would think everything would be marked by date and what office it came from. xox
I'd sure call a hit by a dog a "tip"!! :) I imagine LE has to keep the area they're searching secure, so they'd have several officers there. And yes, I'd think the waste from the lab would be in a certain area. MOO

IF Schlessinger made advances toward or harassed Annie in the past, surely her boyfriend would know about this? I know that if I didn't feel I could report my superior for fear of him "making or breaking" my academic career, I would certainly have blown off steam to my boyfriend.

Just my opinion...

I had a rather crazy thought last night which I sort of shrugged off - but one of the last posts said they weren't sure if the blood on the clothes was human or animal.

It seems unlikely, but what if....

(This is all speculation.) Assume Annie had been working with the same animals (mice) for an extended period - or perhaps multiple generations of the same "family" of mice. Assume she has found something important.

Tues morning she goes to the animal facility and finds her mice gone. Perhaps one dead (killed) mouse remains, maybe along with a ransom demand for the return of the others.

Annie might not run off because of the wedding, but would she take off if she found her research animals gone, and all the work she has done for the last year or more totally down the tubes? Especially if she suspected who was responsible and was trying to get them back.

There were suggestions that robbery or kidnapping might have been the motive - might it have been the mice that were stolen/kidnapped? If they were taken, might Yale pay to get them back? Would be much easier to smuggle mice out of the building than a body - and the "small amount of blood" could be mouse blood.

A mouse-napping might explain the attitude of the FBI agent during the briefing yesterday.

Unfortunately, I doubt if this is what happened - I fear it's something far more serious - but....

No. If she found something like this had happened, heads would roll. She would not run off over this- she would go straight to her lab supervisor and dept. chairman and all hell would break loose. Access to these animals is very strictly controlled- the room tech, the facility supervisor, the veterinarians, the vet techs, anyone who had been in that room would be held accountable. Institutions are very protective of research animals. A stunt like that would mean firing and most likely criminal charges. The mice would not belong to her personally, but ultimately to the Investigator holding the grant she is working under.

I really do believe that this will turn out to be unrelated to her work. I think she went alone into a basement animal facility to work and it was a crime of opportunity. A pretty young woman alone- as simple as that.

Can someone find info on the "previous incident" Annie supposedly talked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi