CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Schlessinger made advances toward or harassed Annie in the past, surely her boyfriend would know about this? I know that if I didn't feel I could report my superior for fear of him "making or breaking" my academic career, I would certainly have blown off steam to my boyfriend.

Just my opinion...
I'd like to know why Schlessinger made the comment that Annie didn't fee safe in New Haven and mentioned her 4'11" height. Certainly she isn't the first student under 5' tall so I can't see that as a big issue. I wonder if she told anyone else of her fears or was this his opinion? And why didn't she feel safe? :waitasec: MOO

You are good. I have paused and have a lot more info on him but haven't posted. And let me re-iterate, Joseph Schlessinger, as far as I know, is not a suspect or person of interest and I am not saying in any way that he is involved in Annie Le's disappearance.

LE ALWAYS looks at people with "sexual pasts", whether it is criminal or civil. The "I couldn't have her theory" is something I thought about. And yes, there were questions about why Bennett would go to Schless, perhaps it was more "do you know anything about this". The sexual harrassment suit hasn't been reported in MSM, but clearly he know's his history. One other thing -- Schless is Jewish, has won a presitious award recently in Israel. She was marrying a Jew. Perhaps the wrong Jew.

Seems like if the Chair of the Pharmacology Department showed up at Amistad lots of people would have noticed. He sure couldn't slip in and slip out of a lab unnoticed. Then he'd have to get back to Sterling where his office is in time to get the noon email from Bennett and talk on the phone and cancel the class. Plus, he couldn't cancel the class without having received word from somebody that Annie wasn't around. How could he have counted on being informed?
I just don't see it.

Schlessinger may have sexual proclivities, but has he ever been implicated in a violent crime? Rape? Kidnapping?

I think it's a good tree to bark up, but there are a lot of lascivious men out there that never act out their desires or fantasies with strong-arm tactics. They get turned down, stew about it for a bit, and eventually move on. This woman who filed suit...did she accuse him of physical impropriety in any way? And, I'm honestly curious, how often do mature men escalate from pervs to murderers?

I'm really curious as to the psychology of it all. I DO think it was someone she knew and absolutely someone associated with the school. He also would tend to fit the profile of my initial gut feeling, which is someone who coveted her, secretly or not, and got agitated as the wedding approached. That said, there could be a dozen men in that building to which that applies. I guess I'd look first at those with histories of violence or sex crimes.

I don't know how many of you watch CSI, but there was a season four episode called Butterflied (super dark, creepy Grissom/Sara episode) that is really making me think. It doesn't all fit, but the potential dynamics of a Schlessinger (or other professor) involvement would be pretty close. Older renowned doctor covets young protege (in this case it was a nurse, but I digress) and he killed her because he couldn't have her. He was obsessed with her and he was nothing to her, and brought down his whole career and reputation. Kind of a benign description, I know, but the writer did an amazing job of really speaking to the psychological drivers and motives that can turn these master/protege relationships bad.

I've read in news reports that Annie was part of Anton Bennett's 8 person team. When I try to follow the link on the Yale website to the Bennett Lab, the link fails....either Yale took it down or it some how bombed due to hits.

Has anyone found the names of the other 8 lab members? I don't see anywhere that they've been interviewed. Of the 8, how many were male?

We do have several sources that said NO professors are involved.
But I bet LE had a nice long look at Dr. S, assuming someone in LE googles.
Wonder when Dr. S's lectures are scheduled?

Seems like if the Chair of the Pharmacology Department showed up at Amistad lots of people would have noticed. He sure couldn't slip in and slip out of a lab unnoticed. Then he'd have to get back to Sterling where his office is in time to get the noon email from Bennett and talk on the phone and cancel the class. Plus, he couldn't cancel the class without having received word from somebody that Annie wasn't around. How could he have counted on being informed?
I just don't see it.

I get my email on my phone. I would imagine someone like this gets their email on their phone also.

There was blood found on them though so it seems suspicious to me that they were also found hidden in the ceiling. What does seem odd is stashing the clothing in the ceiling but being able to remove her body ~ assuming that's what happened and the two things are connected. MOO

Exactly, why would someone put clothes in the ceiling unless there was something to hide? Makes no sense.

I'd like to know why Schlessinger made the comment that Annie didn't fee safe in New Haven and mentioned her 4'11" height. Certainly she isn't the first student under 5' tall so I can't see that as a big issue. I wonder if she told anyone else of her fears or was this his opinion? And why didn't she feel safe? :waitasec: MOO

I don't know, but I can understand her fears. I'm an itty bitty 4'11 myself, and I definitely feel like someone would look at me as being easy to overpower. I have mentioned this to my boyfriend before, and if the lab was in an unsavory part of town, I could see her asking someone to walk her out, and citing her height as a reason she felt she could be targeted.

let's face it, if you're going to pick a victim, someone that seems small and vulnerable would be a pretty quick pick. ( I always carry something for self defense because of of this..)

I've read in news reports that Annie was part of Anton Bennett's 8 person team. When I try to follow the link on the Yale website to the Bennett Lab, the link fails....either Yale took it down or it some how bombed due to hits.

Has anyone found the names of the other 8 lab members? I don't see anywhere that they've been interviewed. Of the 8, how many were male?

I looked up all the lab members on the Connecticut courts site and didn't find any criminal convictions for any of them.

ah, this link disappearred sometime yesterday. the Uni pulled it to protect the students.

I don't know, but I can understand her fears. I'm an itty bitty 4'11 myself, and I definitely feel like someone would look at me as being easy to overpower. I have mentioned this to my boyfriend before, and if the lab was in an unsavory part of town, I could see her asking someone to walk her out, and citing her height as a reason she felt she could be targeted.

let's face it, if you're going to pick a victim, someone that seems small and vulnerable would be a pretty quick pick. ( I always carry something for self defense because of of this..)
I can understand her fears too but I guess my question is did she confide in Schlessinger and if not how would he get that information or is he speculating to try to explain what may have happened to her as a random crime? :waitasec: MOO

For a short time you will be able to see the lab members in Google Cache. Just copy and paste the following into Google:

cache:http://info.med.yale.edu/pharm/bennett/labmembers.htm

Of the 8 names:

* 3 unknown (very asian...I can not tell the gender)
* 3 males
* 1 Other female
* Annie

The alleged email from Bennett to Schlessinger. This information comes from Schlessinger, not Bennett (can anyone find something where BENNETT himself says he emailed Schless?)

I bet he really liked that.

His department, Schlessinger said, “knows nothing” about Le’s disappearance.

Joey...considering what I've read about you....you are not like anybody's parents.

I found this as a Google heading: "Schlessinger said that Bennett e-mailed him yesterday around noon informing .... No e-mail was sent to the campus community to inform students and .... Yale student Annie Marie Le with Jon Widawsky, whom she was to marry ...
[ame="http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?p=661269"]Annie Le, 24, Missing Since 9/8/09, New Haven, CT - Help Find The Missing[/ame]..."

It is a blog with many articles printed out. I just haven't found the article yet this heading comes from. xox

I doubt the autoclave sets off the fire alarm that frequently. If it did the fire department would be going to the building all of the time and they would probably start fining the university to pay for each false alarm. The university would want the problem fixed quickly.

Sadly, I think the excess steam from the autoclave tells us something horrible. The fact they are searching the waste facility makes me think her body, after she was dead, was hidden as medical waste.

Our bodies are 62% water. A person who weights 90 pounds would be about 56 pounds of water. This is almost 7 gallons of water.

If a dead body was put in an autoclave, hidden in a biomedical waste bag, that would generate 7 extra gallons of water all turned into steam during the autoclave run - that is A LOT of extra steam coming out from inside the autoclave when the door (which is like a valve) was opened - much, much, much more than normal.

An autoclave run can take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour, which in my mind would narrow down the of her death from between 10-12.

If this is true it again makes me feel like this horrible story is the result of a premeditated plan by someone involved in research - someone who knew Annie and someone who know how medical waste is treated.

Is there anyone who knew her who had a bad event in their life recently? Maybe a break-up in a relationship, a failed exam, etc...? Something that might trigger someone to snap and do something horrible?

I'm also very curious about that report we read where LE is reviewing tape from the Yale-New Haven Hospital from Tuesday (I can't find the link right now). Did Annie fight back and hurt her attacker? Did the extra steam from the autoclave burn the hands/arms of the person who opened the door? I want to know if anyone who was in the building that day went to the hospital later that night.

What you have stated here makes more sense than anything else.

*The clothing in the ceiling could belong to the killer, IMO. If so, there would be identifiable DNA of this killer in and on that clothing. We already know that the blood on the clothing would be typed and will tell a story in and of itself.

JMO, MOO

I looked up all the lab members on the Connecticut courts site and didn't find any criminal convictions for any of them.

One thing (among others) I am not clear on: Annie worked with 7 other people. It sounds like she went to Sterling Hall when she reported to work in the a.m., so would that have been like "home base" for her and her colleagues ? She left her purse, cell phone, etc., there, and went to Amistad Hall to work in a lab spot she had reserved at 10 a.m.

Seems as if someone would have seen her at Sterling Hall (if that was "home base" for all 7 of her co-workers) and yet the reports say she was never seen at work that day by her co-workers. ??:confused:

Hope this isn't off-base or already dealt with.

So maybe when Bennett contacted Schelsinger to say Annie had not shown up -- he (Shclesinger) was the one who canceled the class. Anton Bennett is squeaky clean. Not so much for Sclesinger. I am not in any way saying he is involved in Annie's disappearaence.

That could be a possibility... Maybe Le had confided in Bennett that she was afraid of Schlessinger or that he made comments, etc. So when she didn't show up, Bennett suspected Schlessinger and called him to "test the waters" and see if anything was up, to see if Schlessinger knew where she was. (Sorry if this has been discussed - I'm pages behind in reading!)

I can understand her fears too but I guess my question is did she confide in Schlessinger and if not how would he get that information or is he speculating to try to explain what may have happened to her as a random crime? :waitasec: MOO

I gotcha...not sure I would believe him even if he said she confided it. He seems to be an odd cat with a sketchy legal past..only my opinion

:)

Why are the eight being protected? I want to hear what they have to say. Dont they want to help find her? Who is muzzling them?

Either they were suppose to meet as a team or not. Bennet said that AL was part of a 8 person team and she was noticed missing immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem