CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #4 FOUND DECEASED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Jayne W on Issues says the ME and LE won't say how she died because they are hoping to get a confession or info only the perp knows!!!

Watching JVM ISSUES....what really bothers me is a 'human found, human remains found' and not a body............til Annie was ID. What was done to her? Does that make sense? I have heard that when bodies found out in the woods and decomposed, but this was in a cool basement???

Are you implying she was dismembered? Didn't I read LE was investigating an incinerator. So, the perp may have tried to dispose of her & didn't have enough time, thus he turned on the fire alarm to buy time.

That makes sense to me.

Except why not finish the job & leave the bloody clothes behind?

I almost hate to bring this up but ... I'm going to risk it. :waitasec:

What if this is a fellow employee-stalker-at-work incident?

Annie strikes me as the sort of woman that would not take a stalker-at-work situation lightly, and would not hesitate to bring her concerns to her superiors.

... And now we're reading that the cops already had their eye on this guy ... the POI ...

...And we know that Annie's boss should be highly sensitive to sexual harrassment in the workplace issues... (ahem) ...

... And if it turns out that the perp was on the NH police's "list to watch", and, postulating further, and than Annie was not shy about reporting ... and had an incident where she escaped into a car ... and others which she reported ... and if I was her family ...

Oh nevermind. We really have to just wait for the facts, don't we.

*ducks from incoming*

Hi, Emma Peel, that's a good point. I think that are at least seven or eight degrees of stalking. On the lower end, it's just leering and starting pointless conversations; at the upper extreme, it's breaking into an apartment, hacking a PC, sending letters, and following the person everywhere. I suspect that in this case, it was at the lower end of the scale, which in this case might have made it more dangerous since it was just simmering, simmering, simmering for months or years.

There might be another factor: Good lab techs are justly valued, but many others are ignored or treated as menials. It possible that the suspect resented his status in the lab and might have especially resented Annie because of her gender, size, ethnicity, sexiness, and/or success.

Are you implying she was dismembered? Didn't I read LE was investigating an incinerator. So, the perp may have tried to dispose of her & didn't have enough time, thus he turned on the fire alarm to buy time.

That makes sense to me.

Except why not finish the job & leave the bloody clothes behind?

It just strikes me as a wierd statement and wondering if something awful was done with her body. IMO

I'm sorry in advance if this bothers anybody...but...I personally think Yale's police department did a shoddy job in the beginning...This promising young mind was found in the very lab she does experiments in! I, as a taxpaying citizen, have to question how Yale can receive several million, possibly billions, of dollars yearly and their police department is inept!

Totally. Notice how NH police are staying away from Yale. Seems like the University is being isolated and i think cause LE knows that they just are CYA'ing. Even the Yaledailynews seems to be shut out...they haven't posted anything recently. I think they are pressured by the university. The power of this school is amazing and the front they put up is pitiful. The good name of Yale over students, the community.

Le's body was discovered Sunday, hidden in a basement wall in a medical research building. The 24-year-old graduate student in pharmacology, who had been scheduled to get married the day her remains were found, was last seen entering the building Tuesday morning.

Elsewhere in the building, bloody clothes were found hidden above tiles in a drop ceiling, investigators said.

No suspects are in custody, but investigators are questioning several people in the case, New Haven Police spokesman Joe Avery said.

A faculty member and a student who attended the meeting told CNN that Yale officials said police have narrowed down suspects.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/14/missing.yale.student/index.html

This may have already been mentioned. I read a lot of the posts but not all of them so please forgive me if I am repeating something someone has already said. I read that she left her purse,etc. in the other building so it seems like her trip to the lab was going to be brief. Perhaps she was lured there by a phone call from someone who asked her to bring something to him or her. That could be why she has books or papers in her arms. She could have been planning to return to her office as soon as she delivered them to that certain person. I feel sure that LE would have already checked computer, phone calls, etc. I also remember reading in an earlier thread that someone who knew her implied that a situation had been going on for a while with Annie. The specifics weren't mentioned, but I got the impression that it could have been a person stalking her. That was in a newspaper or TV interview. I didn't see it personally, but a poster had mentioned it. Does anyone else remember reading that or am I getting another case mixed up with this one?

Le's body was discovered Sunday, hidden in a basement wall in a medical research building. The 24-year-old graduate student in pharmacology, who had been scheduled to get married the day her remains were found, was last seen entering the building Tuesday morning.

Elsewhere in the building, bloody clothes were found hidden above tiles in a drop ceiling, investigators said.

No suspects are in custody, but investigators are questioning several people in the case, New Haven Police spokesman Joe Avery said.

A faculty member and a student who attended the meeting told CNN that Yale officials said police have narrowed down suspects.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/14/missing.yale.student/index.html

elsewhere in the building could be the same room, no?

ok this poster seems like he makes sense, do yo know who he is referring to?
" I believe i have identified the perp/suspect, however I will not name him here, but he does fit all descriptions released so far and the juggsaw puzzle pieces do fall into place.

Lets do a checklist / time line of events:

A. *advertiser censored* attends Yale as an undergrad and works for Professors connected with Bennett Labs. He helps Bennett Labs publish an article in 2004/2005.

B. *advertiser censored* moves to Rochester to do post graduate work and research on a temporary assignment. He teaches classes to undergrad students and sometime between 2006 - 2008 he becomes familiar with Annie Le.
He develops an infatuation/crush/unhealthy obessession with/on Ms. Le.

C. *advertiser censored* finishes his post grad work at Rochester and is rehired back at Yale to work back at Bennett Labs where he originally began as a student. He connects again with the Professor in charge of the Lab.

D. Annie Le finishes her undergrad at Rochester where she has meets her future fiance to be and the man she was supposed to marry on Sunday, possibly in the time while *advertiser censored* has moved back to Yale. *advertiser censored* is not aware of this.

E. *advertiser censored* exerts influence to get Annie Le into the prestigious and highly competitive Yale postgrad program. She goes there thanks to his influence and *advertiser censored* feels she owes him for what he has done for her.

F. *advertiser censored* works at Yale as a lab tech / classroom instructor for low level post grad students in the Amisted Bldg. Annie is now back in his sights and his unhealthy infatuation continues as she is assigned to work with him on projects at the lab and in the medical complex.

G. *advertiser censored* finds out about her fiance and upcoming marriage. He feels betrayed, let down and completely overwhelmed by the situation. He feels anger towards Annie after doing so much for her to get her into Yale. He wants her to repay him with a relationship, but she rebukes his advances.

H. The murder takes place. *advertiser censored* has a long history of working at the facility and fits all the descriptions offered by the LE of the potential suspect. Namely he is an insider with access to the building and;

1. He knows the nooks crannies the intricate workings of the Med building where she is murdered.
2. He knows how the fire alarm system works.
3. He knows how to use chemicals to disguise the odor of decaying body.
4. He knows hiding places to put the body.
5. He knows the video survellance system that exists.

G. He is not a Yale student but he is a Yale employee (however he used to be a Yale student in his undergrad years). This explains the contradictory reports some saying he is a student some saying he is an employee but not a student and some saying he is both.

H. Other incidentals:
Bennett Labs website (containing the name of *advertiser censored*) is one of first sites forced to be removed from public access by LE.
Annies family may have been aware of previous advances by *advertiser censored* upon her throughout her undergrad years at Rochester where *advertiser censored* was teaching at the time of her attendance; thus the clue that they provided some helpful information to LE.

The Bennett Labs Yale Professor who cancels class does so because he is unable to contact the Lab Tech who was supposed to be teaching it or present for said class, namely the suspect *advertiser censored*. The Yale professor is at the time not aware of Annies dissappearance..and is unaware that the reason he is unable to contact *advertiser censored* is because of *advertiser censored*'s involvement in said crime.

Yale's lack of information/honesty in this investigation into one of their employee's who also works for a chair of the department who has previously been charged with Sexual Harrassment. Yale is is concerned about their liability in this case and may have failed to act when *advertiser censored* exhibitied unwanted behaviour towards Annie previously.

I think it all adds up and *advertiser censored* is our man.

In summary, please take sexual harrasment seriously as it seems there a lot of people who can get jealous very easily and commit horrible crimes as result. "
http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/14/news/doc4aae5d57ae145175622155.tx

JVN & guests are discussing Annie LE & violence towards women & how things have to change. Sorry, but I have to laugh at this panel of do-gooders. As a woman with a son & a daughter, who has spent half my life worrying about my families safety, they really need to tell the truth.

HELLO, IT'S YOUR SONS. And your neighbors sons, etc. And that's the truth!

Sorry if this has already been posted...

Police are zeroing in on a lab tech as a possible suspect in the murder of graduate student Annie Le, according to two people familiar with the probe.

Contrary to national media reports, the suspect is not a student. The suspect is not in custody.

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2009/09/serious_suspect.phphttp://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2009/09/serious_suspect.php

Do you think the labtech could work for Rodent Services? I'm really speculating here, but I would think it's highly probable that Annie utilized Rodent Services since she did experiments involving mice (per written docs by her while mentoring under Bennett and then produced online in medical journals for reference). Rodent Services techs are considered lab techs...and have to pass high screening...and I would think worked in 8 hour shifts around the clock in the research building. I haven't found where she's involved primates in her experiments, only mice so far...but I could be wrong. I'm wondering if it would help to narrow down a suspect? Or could I be way off base? ...maybe getting tunnel vision ... but, keep in mind this would definitely be a lab tech she'd be in daily contact with!

If that's the case then I know exactly who the suspect is.

Oooh I wanna know who you think it is. I'm late in the game here, I have not read all the threads and they move so fast. I did read something about her getting away from some guy but it was a very brief comment and I didn't have a clue what they were talking about. Did she have a stalker of sorts in the past?

At 12:40 p.m. on Tuesday, a fire alarm sounded in the building. The special agent in charge of the FBI in Connecticut, Kimberly Mertz, said at a press conference Saturday that the alarm was caused by a release of steam from a laboratory hood. She said it was possible that the steam was intentionally released by a person.

There were few other leads in the investigation until the weekend. Authorities seized bloody clothes on Saturday, though a Yale police source said the fabric was not a piece of clothing that Le was known to have been wearing and said it was not clear at the time whether the fabric had human blood or animal blood on it.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/university-news/2009/09/14/body-identified-annie-le-med-13/

another quick question...Could a professor also be considered a Lab Tech? As much as I'd like to think that a certain professor is the one to blame, the choice of words "Lab Tech" used by police (at least that's what NHR reported) sort of rules that out...or am I wrong?

At 12:40 p.m. on Tuesday, a fire alarm sounded in the building. The special agent in charge of the FBI in Connecticut, Kimberly Mertz, said at a press conference Saturday that the alarm was caused by a release of steam from a laboratory hood. She said it was possible that the steam was intentionally released by a person.

There were few other leads in the investigation until the weekend. Authorities seized bloody clothes on Saturday, though a Yale police source said the fabric was not a piece of clothing that Le was known to have been wearing and said it was not clear at the time whether the fabric had human blood or animal blood on it.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/university-news/2009/09/14/body-identified-annie-le-med-13/

In the presser, Mertz does not state laboratory hood. IIRC, she says equipment. It's this kind of misreporting by the media today that's got us all switching from salt to Mrs. Dash. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!