CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #4 FOUND DECEASED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have already been mentioned. I read a lot of the posts but not all of them so please forgive me if I am repeating something someone has already said. I read that she left her purse,etc. in the other building so it seems like her trip to the lab was going to be brief. Perhaps she was lured there by a phone call from someone who asked her to bring something to him or her. That could be why she has books or papers in her arms. She could have been planning to return to her office as soon as she delivered them to that certain person. I feel sure that LE would have already checked computer, phone calls, etc. I also remember reading in an earlier thread that someone who knew her implied that a situation had been going on for a while with Annie. The specifics weren't mentioned, but I got the impression that it could have been a person stalking her. That was in a newspaper or TV interview. I didn't see it personally, but a poster had mentioned it. Does anyone else remember reading that or am I getting another case mixed up with this one?
I believe it's been stated Annie had reserved the lab for 10am so I'd discount the possibility she'd been lured there. It's also possible she wouldn't be able to take her purse, cell phone etc into the lab, or just didn't need to. There was something posted a few days ago about her having a prior incident with someone but LE hasn't released anything about that. I personally think somebody could've been stalking her, or be obsessed with her without her knowledge, knew of her upcoming wedding, that Tuesday was to be her last day there before the wedding and took advantage of the opportunity (with her being in the lab). MOO

another quick question...Could a professor also be considered a Lab Tech? As much as I'd like to think that a certain professor is the one to blame, the choice of words "Lab Tech" used by police (at least that's what NHR reported) sort of rules that out...or am I wrong?

No, professors would not be lab techs. Lab tech jobs (at the university I work at at least) are usually low paying, easily learned positions that don't require much knowledge beyond a H.S. (sometimes bachelor's) degree.

...that Tuesday was to be her last day there before the wedding and took advantage of the opportunity (with her being in the lab)...

Is this fact or speculation, that Tuesday was to be her last day in the lab?

If Tuesday was indeed her last day at the lab for the week, I can see how pressure might build for the perp to take some action. And I can see him stewing about it over the entire course of the weekend leading up to Tuesday.

This may be why the crime occurred so early in the day, when she first arrived. The perp was looking forward to the first (and possibly last) opportunity to approach her.

To me, all this leads up to one major motivating factor: DESPERATION.

While watching video of Annie on NG I found myself in awe of the large spectrum of attributes this young woman exhibited. Tenacious and tough - beautiful and gentle - loving. At times, her childlike, carefree, qualities dominated the picture. Other times, Annie came across as the brilliant, focused, ethical, and caring professional so many have described her as being. Quite obvious that Annie stands by her man and has eyes for no other. What great soul mates they made. I feel positive that Annie's role as a pharmacologist, along with her research, would have yielded bountiful gifts to society. I mourn her loss at many levels. I feel outrage...and sadness.

My husband was on the Baltimore Sun talk forums today, saw a thread about Annie's body being found. He clicked on it, knowing I'm following the news. The second poster on the thread opined that Annie could have been the victim of - get ready for it - a Skull & Bones initiation.

Edited to be less offensive.

I remember reading - or hearing - that authorities wanted to talk to Annie Le's mother about Annie's experiences and activities over recent years, which would surely include her time at University of Rochester, which would fit in with your theory.

Also, FWIW, not every lab technician is a student! Many are simply on the payroll of the university and perhaps even more so in the animal research lab than in a lab like Anton Bennett's, which is more cerebral. I expect the researchers who occasionally come to the animal labs (like Annie) need some help from the "handlers" of the animals, who are there regularly, on the payroll and also possibly dressed in complete sterile garb which makes it difficult to "read" their body language. (This last idea was posted by a regular poster who works/worked in a university sdience lab.) This tech could have been sizing up Annie without her even realizing it.

MOO.

wow, what do you do when you're trying?

This case breaks my heart and hits so close to home right now - my younger sister was married over the weekend, as Annie was supposed to be, and my dad works in an animal research lab (just not at Yale). Dad has often told me about all the security he has to go through on a daily basis, and I have heard way more than I like about protesters and people spewing vitriol about what they think of Dad's job (or their perception of it, anyway). My heart goes out to Annie's family and fiance.

This may have already been mentioned. I read a lot of the posts but not all of them so please forgive me if I am repeating something someone has already said. I read that she left her purse,etc. in the other building so it seems like her trip to the lab was going to be brief. Perhaps she was lured there by a phone call from someone who asked her to bring something to him or her. That could be why she has books or papers in her arms. She could have been planning to return to her office as soon as she delivered them to that certain person. I feel sure that LE would have already checked computer, phone calls, etc. I also remember reading in an earlier thread that someone who knew her implied that a situation had been going on for a while with Annie. The specifics weren't mentioned, but I got the impression that it could have been a person stalking her. That was in a newspaper or TV interview. I didn't see it personally, but a poster had mentioned it. Does anyone else remember reading that or am I getting another case mixed up with this one?

Hi and welcome! I had proposed (bolded) that theory earlier today. It is thought Annie may have signed up for a timeslot in the lab. I went back through the previous posts and threads and was not able to find a link to verify/confirm that as fact in a printed article or video. Alot of posts and info so I may have missed it.

Annie's friend mentioned an encounter Annie had where she got away and got in a vehicle. Otherwise a stalker was not mentioned by her friends. They may have not been aware of an obsessed admirerer.

WANT TO HELP.........can we have an initial?
I think several of us are on the same track........

A fire alarm that sounded in the Amistad Street facility at 12:40 p.m. on Tuesday is thought to have been a false alarm, Deputy University Secretary Martha Highsmith said, though she acknowledged that it could be difficult to pick out Le, who is 4-feet-11-inches and weighs some 90 pounds, in the footage of the evacuation.

Highsmith also said it is possible that Le changed into a lab coat while in the building, which would make it even harder to identify her.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/u.../12/police-bloody-clothes-found-students-lab/

WANT TO HELP.........can we have an initial?
I think several of us are on the same track........

Well, there were two names that seemed most likely as far as fitting with all of the clues that person posted from the other site (it's c/p'd here on page 25 with *advertiser censored* as the name)

In the place where that person posted that, someone posted a name. What I am finding is NOT that name, but at the top of the list of names, still fitting with *advertiser censored*.

If that makes sense?

At least two Connecticut news organizations are reporting police have a suspect in the brutal death of Yale graduate student Annie Le.

The New Haven Independent and the New Haven Register report a Yale lab employee is being looked at by law enforcement.

The technician works in the same Yale building where Le's body was found stuffed in the wall, the Register reported, citing multiple police sources.
He reportedly had scratches on his chest and was being investigated prior to police finding Le's body Sunday, according to the Register.

The unidentified lab tech failed an FBI polygraph exam and during questioning asked for an attorney to be present, the Register reported.
The Independent reported the suspect is not in police custody.

Police, however, have refused to say if they have a suspect in her death.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,550184,00.html?test=latestnews

13_YALE_UNIV_DEATH.sff.jpg

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112824283

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads