CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #5 FOUND DECEASED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one else from the Anrsten lab is listed the dark blue directory. I am doubting if it is the same guy. There might be two guys with the same name. One an animal tech and the other who works for Ansten. It is a very common name, there is even a US congressman with the same name.

I think it was a great catch by scuba to match up a Lab Tech's name with the excessive speeding ticket. At minimum it is one heckuva coincidence.

So when I pull up his record on the CT courts site it doesn't say "traveling unreasonably fast" like the New Haven Independent story, it says "speeding over 70 mph".

Sorry to spout off, but I am just feeling that some think this is like a game.

I don't think that's quite fair. You don't know how people see this. I think the poster in question thought the line was, as inferred, disconnected. She didn't expect to make contact, and it was in an effort to see if the person in question was indeed terminated.

People probably shouldn't be making uninvited contact, but I also don't believe that people need to make it a moral issue.

ok, lol... I am so lost and have been tending to my fiance who is going through chemo and am way behind....

I can't put all of your clues together to figure out who this person/suspect is, their name, facebook, anything. For us not-so-smart sleuthers (ahem ...me!), can someone
PM me a link or something! I'd like to be up to speed with ya'all fine sleuthers, I just can't keep up. Please? Thanks in advance. This case has been bothering me and I can't get Annie's sweet smile out of my head. She looks a lot like someone I know and it's just breaking my heart that she was taken from this world.

Me too please! I am trying to homeschool and read at the same time. I am having a hard time putting the clues together! LOL!

Two people on that list have the same phone number; both have listings on the conviction site. Although I am really uncomfortable with this, why are we focused on the particular one?

OMG, I have answered this three times.

A lab tech is almost NEVER a student. Certainly never a grad student. I knew alot of lab techs and none that I knew were students.

Be nice, please. Not everyone has been following this case since day one and not all of us can keep up. Thanks!

just going to say razz is new here and didn't know the rules. let's cut him/her a break. please.

i'm on edge because i'm waiting for news, any news. we're all stressed and starting to get snarky.

(i've started typing snarky messages, only to cancel them when i realized what i was doing.)

coffee break! smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

meet ya back here at 3.

Two people on that list have the same phone number; both have listings on the conviction site. Although I am really uncomfortable with this, why are we focused on the particular one?

unless I'm mistaken--only one has a DOB that matches the article.

Statement from Le family tonight
Updated: Tuesday, 15 Sep 2009, 2:24 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 15 Sep 2009, 2:20 PM EDT
<snipped>
A friend of the slain Yale graduate student will be making a statement tonight on behalf of the Le family.

Yale University says the friend will speak at 7pm at Woodbridge Hall. No family members will be in attendance and the friend will not field questions from reporters.

This will be the first time we have heard from Le's family.

Police have not made any arrests in the case, though they say they have interviewed about 100 people.

Article:
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/news_wtnh_new_haven_le_family_statement_200909151405

:angel:

unless I'm mistaken--only one has a DOB that matches the article.

actually two males have DOB's that match - but only one has a motor vehicle violation that is a close match to what the reporter said (and they may have been paraphrasing the exact violation name)

I think it was a great catch by scuba to match up a Lab Tech's name with the excessive speeding ticket. At minimum it is one heckuva coincidence.

Maybe not. The odds of a tech being 24 and having a speeding ticket in the state of CT are probably not too long. And, like I posted above, his offense is worded differently than the exact quote given by the newspaper story.

I've spoken to several people today who are covering the story. The background police are telling them: Annie was called by the killer and told that he/she was at Amistad and needed her to come over there quickly, possibly under the ruse of dropping something off. The killer knew her and she trusted this person enough to do what he/she said. She had a "relationship" with the killer, they were "friendly". She was NOT going there to do any sort of work or experiments, but instead solely to meet this person who had summoned her. They all say she was "cut up pretty badly", another used the term "mutilated".

You need some new sources. I understand she was strangled and there is in fact no blood. The blood on the perps clothing (It is his) found in the drop ceiling is minimal and likely from scratched defensive wounds on the perps chest, neck that the victim inflicted.

There was no bloody crime scene either and that wold have been difficult to properly clean after a knife attack. Knife attacks in public places or even in out of the way portions of public places are rare and not consistent with someone calling someone arrange a meeting. It doesn't take much to strangle a 90lb 4;"11 woman either and it is much quieter, near silent, compared to the mahem of a knife attack.

actually two males have DOB's that match - but only one has a motor vehicle violation that is a close match to what the reporter said (and they may have been paraphrasing the exact violation name)

Thanks, scubagirl. You expounded to say what I mean which was only one had a DOB that matched and that also matched up in violation (or, iow, everything that the article stated about suspect)

We have a lot of new posters here at Websleuths because of Annie Le's disappearance and murder.

Before you post, please go here [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] and read the Terms of Service, aka The Rules.

Also, no one can prevent you from inserting yourself into a case, but NEVER use the Websleuths name if you choose to do so. That name belongs to this site's owner, Tricia, and it's for HER to choose when and how to use it.

Hope this clarifies things!

Thank you,

Hoppy
Mini-Mod

Im new, can you not be nice and explain the rules to a new person, or does everybody here have to be nasty to someone that made a mistake?

I did not expect the call to go through anyway since the news said it was disconnected. JESUS

The person you are writing about was very civil and asking only a clarification. There was no rudeness, no accusations. On the other hand, I found your response to be inappropriate to his/her polite tone.

OMG, I have answered this three times.

A lab tech is almost NEVER a student. Certainly never a grad student. I knew alot of lab techs and none that I knew were students.
OMG you didnt read my answer. I was answering someone who insulated that lab techs were students.

About half are and about half are not. I have a bio chem degree and when I was in grad school about half the lab techs were students and half were not.

Im new, can you not be nice and explain the rules to a new person, or does everybody here have to be nasty to someone that made a mistake?

I did not expect the call to go through anyway since the news said it was disconnected. JESUS

Razzberry, you didn't break any rules here. Obviously, if someone wants to call a number, WS has no authority over that. You can't expect everyone to agree with calling the number, though. I'm sure there are also those who find no problem with it. Nobody here is the boss of you, but we've all got our opinions!

What WS does not allow is for someone to call a number and say that they are associated with WS or for posters on WS to use the forum as a way to organize or plan contacting people without the sanction of the administrators here.

Maybe not. The odds of a tech being 24 and having a speeding ticket in the state of CT are probably not too long. And, like I posted above, his offense is worded differently than the exact quote given by the newspaper story.

Fair enough, but also keep in mind that the speeding infraction was also said to be the only infraction. My point is that it was a good catch by Scuba. Do you not agree? Nobody is saying that it is definitely the perp.

I don't think that's quite fair. You don't know how people see this. I think the poster in question thought the line was, as inferred, disconnected. She didn't expect to make contact, and it was in an effort to see if the person in question was indeed terminated.

People probably shouldn't be making uninvited contact, but I also don't believe that people need to make it a moral issue.
Agreed. It is each person's personal decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!