CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #7 FOUND DECEASED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no need to clear your cache before viewing Google's cached version. Clearing your cache means that when you go to a page, it will load everything from the site, since nothing is stored on your computer. Just FYI. :)

No, I do this all the time. It doesn't matter. I use IE and have to clean my temp cache (meaning my history and temp int files) in order to see the cache on Google Bing or any other search engine. May depend on your internet supplier? Have no idea...but I definitely have to clean & delete if I'm trying to "re"attempt viewing a "protected" person's a/c in a cached link. Hope that explains it better.

"Mr. Avery also said that there had been no complaints made by Ms. Le against Mr. Clark before her death, at least to the knowledge of his department. In fact, he said, the slain woman had made no complaints of any type of harassment against anyone. It remained unclear on Wednesday morning whether there was any connection between Ms. Le and Mr. Clark beyond the fact that they worked in the same facility."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/17/nyregion/17yale.html?_r=1&hp

". . . In the e-mails, Clark is said to criticize Le for not adhering to the protocols for tending the mice kept in the basement as part of her lab's ongoing experiments.
Le is said to have responded in a conciliatory tone, promising to keep to the protocols. Investigators wonder if Clark was not satisfied, if resentment suddenly flared to rage, if as crazy as it may seem this was a case of mice and murder. . .

. . . the swipe card records from the day Le disappeared show Clark moving from room to room with no apparent logic, at points going to places unrelated to his job . . .

Clark left the building at the time of a fire alarm. Surveillance camera footage is said to show him looking considerably more distraught than could be explained by a simple evacuation.
"

I'd like to know exactly what his complaint was--what did she do that was not according to the protocols?

I don't know about forensic DNA testing being done at Yale, since forensics requires stuff like chain-of-custody, but DNA testing is no longer considered very difficult. Lots of labs do it. There are commercially available kits that make it pretty much foolproof. It would really boil down to where the state has a contract/could do it most inexpensively and quickly. There isn't a reason why turnaround time would be faster or slower at the state lab, and something sent to the state lab could still be sent on to another big reference lab.

No matter what, you can expect accurate results - better, really, for the big commercial labs which are highly standardized.

Right...I know this, I was just saying I thought it was "ironic" considering the dna handled by scientists at Yale in the Amistad building. They could have the results in no time if it were legal to do so. :)

No, I do this all the time. It doesn't matter. I use IE and have to clean my temp cache (meaning my history and temp int files) in order to see the cache on Google Bing or any other search engine. May depend on your internet supplier? Have no idea...but I definitely have to clean & delete if I'm trying to "re"attempt viewing a "protected" person's a/c in a cached link. Hope that explains it better.

Guess I misread you then, sorry. I meant there would be no reason to clear your cache if you were visiting Google's cached version for the first time, because it is stored on their computers, not yours. If you already went to Google's cached version, then that would be in your cache, so it would help to clear it. I think we are on the same page now. ;)

Kaybee, I agree with everything you said about academic snobbery. I have seen it in the companies I have worked for. A lot of PhD's are on their high horse and treat those with lower academic credentials like little peons. To be fair, some of them are quite nice and treat everyone with respect, even the cleaners.

Hi shoebox,
I agree--I did work for one company in particular where it didn't really matter. My friends were a mixture of people with PhD's, bachelors degrees and technicians--it was a really great work environment--I loved it there because people were valued equally. At my other three jobs? Forget it!!! The PhD's and non-PhD's were not "friends", did not eat lunch together, etc. And some of the PhD's were worse than others, but the general theme was that anyone who did not have a PhD was on some lower level, including those with Masters Degrees.

thanks for the nice reply!
: )

With all this talk of cleaning caches and all...is OK to post here the tweets from cousin?

Guess I misread you then, sorry. I meant there would be no reason to clear your cache if you were visiting Google's cached version for the first time, because it is stored on their computers, not yours. If you already went to Google's cached version, then that would be in your cache, so it would help to clear it. I think we are on the same page now. ;)

O/T, totally not related...I really wish I had an Apple & used Firefox! I despise IE...which is what I'm forced to use at the moment...

as far as no romance between Annie and Ray..........some guys fall in lust with girls just over a "hello".........look at movie stars that creeps say send them 'signals'.........plain and simple, just because he had a live in gal and engaged doesn't mean he wasn't LOOKING for someone else.......IMO
Annie was everything, brilliant,sweet, funny, beutiful and sexy........and this creep knew it! JMOO

With all this talk of cleaning caches and all...is OK to post here the tweets from cousin?

I think just a link...be careful or we could lose this thread...I tried to warn people on the other thread & now it's poof! ... Pretty Please ...

news at noon says RC lawyer is David Dworski. Reporter also said a police press conference is scheduled for 3PM eastern today.

darn I don't belong to twitter and therefore cannot get in to view

this is taking me to log-in for twitter. after I logged in, it just took me to my homepage.

Go to Twitter. Search VINRICH. It will show his tweets and retweets even thought his page is on private.

Suspect had run-in with cops in high school over break up with girlfriend:

"The detective wrote that subsequently the girlfriend came with her mother to the station to speak to him.

She “wished to tell me of an incident that took place, however, did not want it
pursued by this Department,” the detective wrote. “She stated that she had been having a sexual relationship with [the male] and that at one time [the male] did force her to have sex with him. The relationship did continue after that incident, however she is unsure of what he may do as a result of the break up."

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2009/09/alleged_annie_l.php

[bolded by me]

Thank you for this Chili Fries - I'm a believer documented acts such as this can tell us a a great deal about a person - especially if a pattern (history) begins to emerge with the same theme...in this case, if the girl would have pursued the incident it would have been 'rape' -- power and control, forceful violence etc. Unfortunately she did not pursue the claim. I started a 'history' profile for Clark. Thanks for this important info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003