CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #7 FOUND DECEASED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, dear. Annie dissecting a cat in HS would not necessarily be atypical at all- it may have been an AP Bio class, considering her aptitude and interests. Annie was not the only researcher using animals in that facility. Are you making an implication here?

No, it is not feasible that she would ask Ray for a cat. I just don't have the energy or patience to go through it all again, but animal research is very highly regulated and controlled. If the protocol she was working under specified mice, she would not ask for a cat, she would not need a cat, she would never be given a cat, and she would know that. Any change in animal use would require the approval of a new protocol, which would not involve Ray in any way.

:) You mean, you can't say, "Hey, let's try this out on a cat today. I'm so over mice." I really don't see how Annie's dissecting a cat in high school could have anything to do with this case. It's not like your high school biology teacher lets you bring in anything you'd like to dissect. Like millions of high school biology students all over the world, she was assigned a cat to dissect.

What about if RC wasn't taking proper care of the mice? Wouldn't that impact her experiments? Throw in some kind of "off" variable or something? Or maybe he was goofing around with one of the mice, showing off, and she got angry and was trying to get the mouse away from him, and he went ballistic.

In the pic of her going in it looks like she is cradling something heavy (looks cat shaped with the distortion of the photo)-do we know for sure it was a binder? Just doesn't look like how you would hold a heavy binder-mind you she is probably adjusting it to get ready to get through the door

It looks to me that she is cradling and watching something carefully, something live or fragil, instead of carrying a binder. Who knows, perhaps it's windy and the binder is blowing open?

Search warrant served in Yale slaying: Police say they've executed search warrants on a person of interest.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32854576/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

NEW HAVEN, Conn. - Police and FBI agents searched the home of a Yale University animal research technician Tuesday night and led him away in handcuffs to the cheers of neighbors in a search for evidence that might tie him to the slaying of a graduate student.

No charges were filed against 24-year-old Raymond Clark III in Middletown, but police took him into custody while searching for DNA and other physical evidence. Police said Clark would be released after they obtain evidence they need from him and his Middletown apartment.

picture.php

more at link.

Wonder if he was as much of a stickler for shoe covers when he killed Annie as it sounds like he was at other times - something I was afraid we'd find out (that they were worn, eliminating foot/shoe print evidence). While we obviously don't know that yet, the fact that he was big into them makes me think if this was even remotely premeditated that he'd have worn them. I'm hopeful they'll have plenty of evidence, but the more the better, I'd imagine.

Here's an excerpt from the article that mentions it:

"The researcher said [POI] was “very officious and very demanding” and that [POI] had given some graduate students a hard time.

“For example, you’re supposed to wear shoe covers on your feet, and he would make a big deal of it, instead of just requesting that they wear them,” said the researcher, who asked not to be identified. “I told his supervisor.”

anyone know where the girlfriend is at the moment?

My opinions:

I will be VERY disappointed if the prime suspect in this case, whoever it is, ends up floating in a river, or likewise. Then we will never know for sure. I want the prime suspect or suspects caught alive so that we all can be sure that this crime is explained and solved.

". . . In the e-mails, Clark is said to criticize Le for not adhering to the protocols for tending the mice kept in the basement as part of her lab's ongoing experiments.
Le is said to have responded in a conciliatory tone, promising to keep to the protocols. Investigators wonder if Clark was not satisfied, if resentment suddenly flared to rage, if as crazy as it may seem this was a case of mice and murder. . .

. . . the swipe card records from the day Le disappeared show Clark moving from room to room with no apparent logic, at points going to places unrelated to his job . . .

Clark left the building at the time of a fire alarm. Surveillance camera footage is said to show him looking considerably more distraught than could be explained by a simple evacuation.
"

Have been following this story since the beginning and trying to figure out what could have cause someone to kill Annie at work of all places and in the middle of the day! Seems like such an unlikely place and time to plan to do someone in. It must have been a crime of passion.

From what I read about her, she seems to be a very smart, cheerful, upbeat, hardworking, friendly, and "spunky" individual. Having read that her first response to not being accepted at Princeton was to "send a photo of her rear end to the dean of admissions", I wonder if at times she came off as over confident, arrogant, or rude.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/la-na-annie-le-profile15-2009sep15,0,1431588.story

From the latest news reports, things are pointing to an animal technician who worked in the lab as the POI/suspect. There is no evidence yet of any romantic notions from either one of them. Perhaps there was some kind of altercation between them in the lab and Annie said something to him that came off rude, offensive or condescending and he being unstable just snapped (afterall, people have been saying that an animal technician is a lowly job, cleaning animal poo from cages). In the heat of the moment, it became physical and he killed her. I happen to think that the fire alarm was no coincidence. He probably set it off so the building could empty and he would have time to move the body and hide it. IIRC, at the end of an autoclav cycle (~30 min), if the door is opened quickly, a lot steam will come out which could possibly set off the alarm. Normally you only crack the door to release steam slowly before fully opening the autoclav door.

Just a theory.

Any word yet on why it took them so long to ID the body when they knew enough about the body to know it was a female body?

Have been following this story since the beginning and trying to figure out what could have cause someone to kill Annie at work of all places and in the middle of the day! Seems like such an unlikely place and time to plan to do someone in. It must have been a crime of passion.

From what I read about her, she seems to be a very smart, cheerful, upbeat, hardworking, friendly, and "spunky" individual. Having read that her first response to not being accepted at Princeton was to "send a photo of her rear end to the dean of admissions", I wonder if at times she came off as over confident, arrogant, or rude.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/la-na-annie-le-profile15-2009sep15,0,1431588.story

From the latest news reports, things are pointing to an animal technician who worked in the lab as the POI/suspect. There is no evidence yet of any romantic notions from either one of them. Perhaps there was some kind of altercation between them in the lab and Annie said something to him that came off rude, offensive or condescending and he being unstable just snapped (afterall, people have been saying that an animal technician is a lowly job, cleaning animal poo from cages). In the heat of the moment, it became physical and he killed her. I happen to think that the fire alarm was no coincidence. He probably set it off so the building could empty and he would have time to move the body and hide it. IIRC, at the end of an autoclav cycle (~30 min), if the door is opened quickly, a lot steam will come out which could possibly set off the alarm. Normally you only crack the door to release steam slowly before fully opening the autoclav door.

Just a theory.

I agree, sounds like he probably did just snap. I wonder how long it takes to figure out the location of a fire alarm once it is activated? Seems like activating the fire alarm would bring attention to an area rather than divert it away. Once it sounds, I would think that specific area would be checked out ASAP? This is the only reason I question it was intentionally activated.

My opinions:

I will be VERY disappointed if the prime suspect in this case, whoever it is, ends up floating in a river, or likewise. Then we will never know for sure. I want the prime suspect or suspects caught alive so that we all can be sure that this crime is explained and solved.

Welcome to WS Mr Noatak!

...I don't think he just snapped...one of the things that make me think he did not just snap over mice or anything like that are the clothes found in a seperate location,which means he took her clothes off before or after the killing...that alone makes me think it he may have been obsessesd with her,fantasized about her and could not handle the thought of her getting married so soon....

I agree, sounds like he probably did just snap. I wonder how long it takes to figure out the location of a fire alarm once it is activated? Seems like activating the fire alarm would bring attention to an area rather than divert it away. Once it sounds, I would think that specific area would be checked out ASAP? This is the only reason I question it was intentionally activated.

That was what I was wondering! I thought it could be her but then she probably would have been killed already if he came out at the fire alarm looking distressed

...I don't think he just snapped...one of the things that make me think he did not just snap over mice or anything like that are the clothes found in a seperate location,which means he took her clothes off before or after the killing...that alone makes me think it he may have been obsessesd with her,fantasized about her and could not handle the thought of her getting married so soon....

They were his clothes, not hers-we presume removed to hide the blood from the scratches or something
I also think I recall she was fully dressed

It was reported that it was his clothes that were found in the ceiling. Maybe a lab coat? According to reports, Annie was found fully clothed. (However, many reports we've heard have turned out to be wrong.)

Any word yet on why it took them so long to ID the body when they knew enough about the body to know it was a female body?

Even if they know it must be the body, they've got to have DNA or dental records or something to positively, officially identify it.

Yale Technician in Custody in Student Murder

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,550622,00.html

(Didn't see this posted yet...)

I'm so glad they found him, yet... it says they will release him after gathering the evidence they want (DNA, I'm assuming). Ugh!

It also says his neighbors gathered on balconies and cheered as he was being led away. I'll be at work all day without internet access but I wonder if further arrests will be made.

By the way, I thought all along there was some sort of sexual assault since sources have said the POI had scratches on his chest. To me, I would assume that meant he had his shirt off. (...Unless, the scratches came from another animal - one larger than a rodent - and the abuse issue was not with Annie Le but with the POI... This is farfetched but it's early and my brain can think of odd things in the wee hours. But thought I'd throw it out there for feedback.)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,550622,00.html

(Didn't see this posted yet...)

I'm so glad they found him, yet... it says they will release him after gathering the evidence they want (DNA, I'm assuming). Ugh!

It also says his neighbors gathered on balconies and cheered as he was being led away.

I'll be at work all day without internet access but I wonder if further arrests will be made. By the way, I thought all along there was some sort of sexual assault since sources have said the POI had scratches on his chest. To me, I would assume that meant he had his shirt off. (...Unless, the scratches came from another animal - one larger than a rodent - and the abuse issue was not with Annie Le but with the POI... This is farfetched but it's early and my brain can think of odd things in the wee hours. But thought I'd throw it out there for feedback.)

Yeah I was wondering about the shirt off thing -but then also maybe he was wearing a v-neck under the lab coat or whatever he was wearing and also maybe there was so much force to her clawing at him that it went through his clothes - am wondering too if his fiance was involved. I'm leaning towards an anger thing myself or jealousy or revenge but not sexual -at least not as the primary motive but could have been part of the control thing

It's an open binder. It's most likely records or notes pertaining to her mice. There's a lot of distortion in that photo. She left her stuff behind in her lab because it's not appropriate or necessary to bring a purse into an animal facility.
It was originally reported that she had signed up to go to the animal facility at 10. Much later a poster here said he had an inside source that claimed someone called and told her she was needed there right away. I guess this one is still up in the air. I don't know whether to believe the reporters who can't get anything right or the anonymous source:confused:

I saw a perfect photo of that shot the other day (no distortion) on a news site but for the life of me I can not find it now. It was very clear, did anyone else see it? It was from a link that was posted in one of the threads here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody