CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #7 FOUND DECEASED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a distorted picture of the surveillance pic. Pic 47. I know there is a better one out there somewhere.
http://www.courant.com/news/connect...annie-le-0910-pictures,0,5313732.photogallery

Has it been determined what Annie is holding? Initially, I thought she was transporting a cumbersome research book. It's not a cat is it? I noticed there is a high school (I think) pic, in this same photo gallery, of her dissecting a cat, and her research involves animals; though I wouldn't expect her to be freely carrying a lab animal outdoors.

This pic registered on the hinky meter for me as well. Since she left all her belongings behind, it seems she wasn't planning to be away for long. Had she been telephoned from the lab and asked to bring over this particular item as a ploy? Did the girl at the door hand it to her and she is jostling to balance it? Is the girl at the door wearing animal handling gloves?

I wonder what was in the suitcases the neighbors saw Ray and Jennifer leave their apartment with.

Has it been determined what Annie is holding? Initially, I thought she was transporting a cumbersome research book. It's not a cat is it? I noticed there is a high school (I think) pic, in this same photo gallery, of her dissecting a cat, and her research involves animals; though I wouldn't expect her to be freely carrying a lab animal outdoors.

This pic registered on the hinky meter for me as well. Since she left all her belongings behind, it seems she wasn't planning to be away for long. Had she been telephoned from the lab and asked to bring over this particular item as a ploy? Did the girl at the door hand it to her and she is jostling to balance it?

I think the official statement is she was carrying papers. I've looked at that pic so many ways it gets more distorted everytime. I can't even guess as to what she's carrying.

The unconfirmed rumor is that yes, she was called to the lab unexpectedly.

Anyone, feel free to correct me if I have any of this wrong.

In cases such as this you will hear all sorts of rumors. JMO, but I doubt Le was dismembered.

As for the POI being put in handcuffs, this is SOP. It is a warrant and RC will in LE custody until he gives up his DNA, hair samples, etc.

LE may not have dropped the ball after all. The building was thoroughly searched. LE cannot tear out the walls or see behind them. IIRC, the building was still being held when it was reported a student was seen putting a bundle in the trash. We were speculating that this guy with the unique hair was either the one who put the bundle in the trash, or at least talked with LE. The landfill where the building waste was disposed of began to be searched, as well as where the trash was incinerated. LE cannot perform miracles, you know. Gotta side with them in this one. It gets complex when the University Police, New Haven Police Dept., and the FBI are involved.

Apparently LE did know where R. C. was because he surely was taken into custody this evening.

MOO, JMO

GB Annie Le, and may she have full justice.

I don't think that was a screw up at all. The news people got into the loading dock which is not a secure area to begin with and is not the scene of the crime.

The thing that no one is considering here is that they did not know her body was still there until they found it on Sunday. She went missing on Tuesday. That's 6 days. If they had "sealed" the building when she disappeared and not let any of the employees in, what do you think would have happened to the research animals in that facility? I saw the Yale announcement that access was limited to only essential personnel. It would have been one thing if there had been a crime scene on Tuesday with a body lying on the floor, but no one knew what had happened. Everyone is looking back now with hindsight, so it's very easy to say they screwed it up.

I am not worried about defense attorneys. It's their job to yammer and blow smoke. If his DNA matches the skin under her fingernails, it won't matter if Barnum and Bailey paraded through that basement.

I agree. There are so many out there still waiting for any information on a missing loved one. Waiting years. There are also too many killers that still have not been caught at all still at large. The police may not have moved as fast as we wanted them too, but they have to make sure they follow certain procedures. They are not psychics.

Their wedding invitations were lovely. (sigh) Seeing one makes my heart sink even more for Jon and their families. How do you go from the hope of a beautiful wedding to a funeral in one day? I cannot imagine. :(

This pic registered on the hinky meter for me as well. Since she left all her belongings behind, it seems she wasn't planning to be away for long. Had she been telephoned from the lab and asked to bring over this particular item as a ploy? Did the girl at the door hand it to her and she is jostling to balance it?

It's an open binder. It's most likely records or notes pertaining to her mice. There's a lot of distortion in that photo. She left her stuff behind in her lab because it's not appropriate or necessary to bring a purse into an animal facility.
It was originally reported that she had signed up to go to the animal facility at 10. Much later a poster here said he had an inside source that claimed someone called and told her she was needed there right away. I guess this one is still up in the air. I don't know whether to believe the reporters who can't get anything right or the anonymous source:confused:

I don't think that was a screw up at all. The news people got into the loading dock which is not a secure area to begin with and is not the scene of the crime.

The thing that no one is considering here is that they did not know her body was still there until they found it on Sunday. She went missing on Tuesday. That's 6 days. If they had "sealed" the building when she disappeared and not let any of the employees in, what do you think would have happened to the research animals in that facility? I saw the Yale announcement that access was limited to only essential personnel. It would have been one thing if there had been a crime scene on Tuesday with a body lying on the floor, but no one knew what had happened. Everyone is looking back now with hindsight, so it's very easy to say they screwed it up.

I am not worried about defense attorneys. It's their job to yammer and blow smoke. If his DNA matches the skin under her fingernails, it won't matter if Barnum and Bailey paraded through that basement.

:clap::clap::clap:

Very well put, Labrat!

Yes, so did his sister and her husband.

Eta: and the four of them did not go into work today.

I assume it wasn't a pre-planned vacation day they all took. I had read all 4 worked at Yale but did not realize at least one other within the same building no less all of them in the same building. I wonder how innocent the girlfriend is. I suppose she could have been clueless even while packing the day neighbors saw them with luggage... but something says to me she at least knew something was amiss.

Hi, In the link posted above by Amy, a 'Jen....' posts saying the site has been deleted so internet trolls won't {yada yada yada}. But I wonder if that is her and she is feeling the pressure?

I noticed that after the fact and the wording of it... this girl.. not that girl.. good question

Must be nice to not have a college degree and work at Yale. Probably pays a decent salary I would think. That's a great school.

I wonder if Ray and his fiance dated before they worked together or if he helped get her the job.

I know she isn't accused of anything but I haven't seen her look happy in one photo yet. She looks unhappy and scary, but that is just my opinion.

Hi SuzieQ, I wonder if that is her in pic #9? It looks like the guy resembles Ray, but I could be wrong about that. xox

That's actually a high school pic of Annie and another student. There's another one with both of them from their yearbook voted "most likely to be the next Einsteins. Or something like that.

ITA with you about how much he looks like Ray! Downright creepy.

Hi SuzieQ, I wonder if that is her in pic #9? It looks like the guy resembles Ray, but I could be wrong about that. xox

I believe that is Annie from a high school photo. Ray didn't go to HS with her that I know of, so probably not him.

I added this to my previous post regarding this pic, but so late I think it was missed: is the girl at the door wearing animal-handling gloves?

At first I thought winter gloves. But another poster said it looks likes she's got a cast on her right hand. Good guess, as the left hand doesn't look so bulky.

Someone also suggested coffee cup. Hmmmm, could be that too. lol.

I added this to my previous post regarding this pic, but so late I think it was missed: is the girl at the door wearing animal-handling gloves?

Hi KeenEyes, That's what I thought at first. It looks like a gardening glove I have with little nubs on it. It would be perfect for handling animals. xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob