CT - Della, 15 & Sterling Jette, 16, fatally shot by mom's bf, also killed, Watertown, 3 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The original articles stated the boyfriend was a felon prohibited from possessing firearms. You aren’t allowed to have guns in the house (even if they belong to someone else) if you are barred by federal law from owning or possessing guns due to a previous conviction. It even applies to misdemeanor domestic violence. The federal law is 18 USC 922 and it lists the federal gun transfer and ownership rules.

I understand the legal basis for the charges, but I still don't understand how punishing this woman achieves justice for the slain teens, or how it serves the public interest (beyond making an example of a figure who might be perceived by the public as having already been punished by the death of her children).
Should she NOT have dated a felon? Probably.
Did she know he was a felon? Unclear.
Was she aware of the federal law about firearms and felons, and therefore that she could not legally allow her boyfriend of two years to move into her home as long as she had a firearm on the premises? Also unclear.
Is she ultimately responsible for her children's deaths? In my opinion, she is not.
I really am curious about why CT feels like it's worth prosecuting her. Is there behind-the-scenes pressure to do so? The children's father is dead, having killed himself with a firearm in the same home where the kids were later murdered, but I wonder if perhaps his family members see this tragedy as having been her fault.

All of the above is IMO/MOO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela