CT CT - Doreen Vincent, 12, Wallingford, 5 June 1988

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi, I am Jessica, the investigator on Sarah Dimeo's Faded Out podcast about Doreen Vincent, still missing after almost 32 years. Since that podcast ended last August, I have kept up the fight and have been locked in a battle for the records with the Wallingford Police Department in Connecticut's Freedom of Information Commission. As posted above, we were recently successful in getting the police to recharacterize Doreen's case as a HOMICIDE rather than that of a missing person, and the police have slowly been feeding me records that they can't hold back under the statute. I'm capturing it all on my new podcast Sticky Beak, and I hope you will listen. ‎Sticky Beak on Apple Podcasts
Thank you for investigating her case. I just started listening to the Faded Out Podcasts on Doreen. I hope they have an arrest soon.

Doreen Jane Vincent

doreen_jane_vincent_2.jpg
vincent_doreen5.jpg
vincent_doreen7.jpg
vincent_doreen9.jpg

Doreen, circa 1988

doreen_jane_vincent_3.jpg

Age-progression to age 38 (circa 2013)
  • Missing Since 06/15/1988
  • Missing From Wallingford, Connecticut
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 09/30/1975 (44)
  • Age 12 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 110 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Doreen has a small mole on her abdomen. Her ears are double-pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Doreen was last seen at her family's residence sometime between 8:00 and 9:00 p.m. on June 5, 1988 on Whirlwind Hill Road in Wallingford, Connecticut. Her father said they had an argument and she took some money and extra clothing and left through the front door between 8:00 and 9:00 p.m. She never returned home and has not been seen again.

Doreen moved in with her father and stepmother, Mark and Sharon Vincent, ten days before her disappearance. Mark stated he last saw Doreen in the kitchen at 8:00 p.m., before he went into his workshop. Sharon was at church at the time. At 9:00, Mark into Doreen's bedroom and she was gone. When Sharon arrived home at 11:30, Mark told her Doreen was missing.

She was due to begin the eighth grade at West Woods Christian Academy that fall. She didn't like the rural atmosphere of Wallingford and missed her friends in Bridgeport, Connecticut, where she'd lived previously.

Authorities initially believed Doreen had run away from home. She had run away once before and hitchhiked to her mother's home.

Mark was known for his violent temper and his account of the day Doreen went missing was inconsistent. He admitted he pushed her into a window, breaking it. Sharon said she didn't believe her husband's story about her disappearance, because their front door had a deadbolt and had to be opened from the inside with a key.

Mark visited his mother, Lorraine Vincent, a few days after Doreen vanished and didn't tell her Doreen was missing. He also didn't tell Doreen's mother, Donna Lee. She didn't find out Doreen was missing until June 18, when she visited her ex-husband's home.

Lee had planned to pick Doreen up on June 17, but when she called Mark's house, no one answered; he had removed the phone from the wall.

When Lee came to the house the next day, she asked him where Doreen was and he said Lee had sent her to her maternal grandparents' house. He seemed unconcerned by her disappearance and didn't want to report her missing, but Lee insisted.

Sharon and Mark separated later that summer, and Mark moved out of the Wallingford home without leaving a forwarding address with the police; the police were unable to locate him for some time.

About a year after Doreen's disappearance, law enforcement searched Lorraine's home in Bethel, Connecticut for evidence in her case. They found some items Mark claimed she'd taken with her when she left.

They also found a gun, legally registered to Sharon, and charged Mark with being a felon in possession in a firearm. He was sentenced to two years in prison.

Investigators suspect that Hadden Clark may have been involved in Doreen's disappearance. He was convicted of murdering a young woman and a six-year-old girl and claims to have killed nine other women and children along the eastern seaboard of the United States.

Based on Clark's claims, police investigated him for involvement in several child disappearances and murders, Doreen's among them. He has not been charged in connection with any other cases, however, and police are unsure if he had anything to do with Doreen's case.

Another suspect in her disappearance is a family member with a history of pedophilia. The individual has never been charged, however.

Sharon died after Doreen's disappearance. Her father is remarried and maintains his innocence in her case. Authorities no longer believe she ran away from home, but the circumstances of her disappearance remain unclear.

Updated 10 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 6, 2019.

More photos at the link: Doreen Jane Vincent – The Charley Project
Hi, and thank you for posting this. I would encourage you to listen to the podcast as it contains a great deal more information than what is available on the internet.

Thank you for investigating her case. I just started listening to the Faded Out Podcasts on Doreen. I hope they have an arrest soon.
Thank you very much for listening. They say they HOPE to FILE an arrest warrant within at least a year but I have my doubts. Let me know how you feel about Faded Out and then make sure to listen to Sticky Beak - I am literally updating listeners on a weekly basis as this case continues to develop.

From the court record of the father's case (see #8 above) it appears the father had remarried and could provide a home with stepmother (and grandmother). The ex-wife (Doreen's mother) may not have been in this position, especially if she was working and had no one else at home.
That's exactly right. She obviously regrets it now but felt like Doreen would have a more stable home life, and be better provided for, with her father.

Welcome to Websleuths.

We will be discussing your case tonight, March 5th on YouTube at 10:00 PM EASTERN.
CLICK THIS LINK to join us live tonight,
Thank you so much! I posted this before the pandemic and stepped away from the website . . . did not realize that you had spoken of Doreen's case on YouTube until a follower of my podcast, Sticky Beak, told me about it! I really appreciate your kind words. I am proud of all the work I've done and I'm definitely not stopping. I have been able to uncover so much but it appears the police want to keep fighting me rather than working with me. The FOIA hearing officer is due to rule on my request for records by June 12, although it might be postponed. Hopefully I can get the records and really get to the heart of the matter. Please listen - I put my heart and soul into the project and I hope you love it. Again, thank you so much for your support! #justicefordori

Has that property ever been searched?
They say the property has been searched but they only got around to it a year later, under the consent of the homeowner (Doreen's father had been renting the place for only a week when she disappeared). It's acres and acres and they say they used dogs, but given the quality of the investigation I am doubtful the job was thorough. The property was also split in half years ago, with half to the homeowner, and half to his sister, and I have seen no evidence that they searched the sister's half. The homeowner had also torn down a barn/garage on the property that served as the father's alibi - she disappeared in June 88 and the barn was salvaged in October 88. At that time the police weren't paying any attention so all that potential evidence was destroyed.

Thank you very much for listening. They say they HOPE to FILE an arrest warrant within at least a year but I have my doubts. Let me know how you feel about Faded Out and then make sure to listen to Sticky Beak - I am literally updating listeners on a weekly basis as this case continues to develop.

I listened to all the Faded Out and now your Sticky Beak podcasts. Thank you for everything you are doing for Doreen! I really wish the police would work with you - you have obviously done more research and digging in the last year than they have in over 30 years! I would love to see you look into the other missing cases from the 70's that you touched base on in one of your podcasts - (I think in Cooking Eggs)

I listened to all the Faded Out and now your Sticky Beak podcasts. Thank you for everything you are doing for Doreen! I really wish the police would work with you - you have obviously done more research and digging in the last year than they have in over 30 years! I would love to see you look into the other missing cases from the 70's that you touched base on in one of your podcasts - (I think in Cooking Eggs)
Oh yes! Do you mean the three little girls missing from the Tolland/Vernon area - Lisa White, Debbie Spickler, and Janice Pockett? I was recently in the DA's office in Vernon, and fresh posters are up for them. That department really cares.

Thank you for listening!

Oh yes! Do you mean the three little girls missing from the Tolland/Vernon area - Lisa White, Debbie Spickler, and Janice Pockett? I was recently in the DA's office in Vernon, and fresh posters are up for them. That department really cares.

Thank you for listening!
Yes those girls. I follow Janice Pocket's missing FB page that her sister has made for her. I am wondering if those 3 cases are connected? what do you think?

Another one of those cases where it's painfully obvious who did it but they don't have any proof. Very frustrating.

All of the circumstantial evidence points to the father. Chances are that Doreen is located in Collis P. Huntington State Park. I know they've searched the area before but there's acres of wilderness there. Like looking for a needle in a haystack.

As the armchair investigator working on Doreen's case for 2.5 years now, I am bumping this to report that I have launched Season 2 of my podcast on Doreen, Sticky Beak, to be binged right now. Join me as I fight the cops to take the necessary deep dive into this matter and ask the hard questions. Without that, the arrest warrant they have been promising for almost two years now will slip through their fingers and there will be no #justicefordori. ‎Sticky Beak on Apple Podcasts

As the armchair investigator working on Doreen's case for 2.5 years now, I am bumping this to report that I have launched Season 2 of my podcast on Doreen, Sticky Beak, to be binged right now. Join me as I fight the cops to take the necessary deep dive into this matter and ask the hard questions. Without that, the arrest warrant they have been promising for almost two years now will slip through their fingers and there will be no #justicefordori. ‎Sticky Beak on Apple Podcasts

I have been listening to your new season. I am so glad someone cares so much about getting justice for Doreen!

I have followed this case since Faded Out. I just cant believe they have never searched the area where her father was doing concrete work the day Doreen's mother went to the house looking for her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker
Back