CT CT - Janice Pockett, 7, Tolland, 26 July 1973

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
where can i get the most info i am doing a project on janice pockett she lived around the corner from me and the incident happened right around the corner and i believe along with some other tolland residents that it was a local person that kidnapped her but i dont see that persons name anywhere in the storys please if anyone can help me or help me get in touch with any info that i can get my hands on

Wonder if this local person's name was ever revealed (to the proper people) and if he was ever checked out.

Just wanted to sort of bump this post since Janice's sister gives the important info that the butterfly had been hidden a few days before. IMHO this makes a lying in wait type crime less likely and a crime of opportunity more likely.

I also want to thank Janice's sister for posting. I can't imagine how hard it is but I hope she knows we all care about what happened to Janice and hope to somehow help bring closure or at least an answer for her family.

I wonder if the initial exchange over the butterfly could have been overheard - they were hiking and someone listened in. Were there any other people around? Was there any place within hearing distance where someone could be hidden?

And then, during the second exchange (when Janice's mother allowed her to go get the butterfly) if someone could have overheard also. Did it take place outside or were any windows open, etc?

This sounds premeditated IMHO. Someone knows where she's going or sees her while she's out, and has been planning to abduct her when they get the chance. I also wonder if she would have gotten into a stranger's car or gone off with a stranger, as the bicycle was found upright, unless the perpetrator had the time to prop it up again it, she may have been taken by someone who could convince her to go. If she was unlikely to have gone with strangers (JMO but I also think that if it was a stranger, they didn't go for the there's an emergency, etc type talk because it would perhaps have dropped the bike? But maybe that's too much speculation) then it was probably someone she knew.

And my last questions, was the bike found far away from the butterfly? Which way was it headed? Apologies if it's been asked before and I missed it. I also second (third?) the question about whether the butterfly was still there when people started searching for Janice.

Just wanted to sort of bump this post since Janice's sister gives the important info that the butterfly had been hidden a few days before. IMHO this makes a lying in wait type crime less likely and a crime of opportunity more likely.

I also want to thank Janice's sister for posting. I can't imagine how hard it is but I hope she knows we all care about what happened to Janice and hope to somehow help bring closure or at least an answer for her family.

BBM: I can totally understand why you feel this way. However, I don't think it's necessarily a conclusion we should draw without analyzing all of the aspects of this crime- if only because it limits our thoughts to a stranger abduction or a spur of the moment type crime.
Checking neighbors homes and any vehicles that may have had a routine route would have been ideal, imvho.

Maybe sister can answer this (btw thank you for your bravery and strength, sister) what time of day the walk that resulted in the butterfly was vs what time Janice left that day on her bicycle was?

BBM: I can totally understand why you feel this way. However, I don't think it's necessarily a conclusion we should draw without analyzing all of the aspects of this crime- if only because it limits our thoughts to a stranger abduction or a spur of the moment type crime.
Checking neighbors homes and any vehicles that may have had a routine route would have been ideal, imvho.

Maybe sister can answer this (btw thank you for your bravery and strength, sister) what time of day the walk that resulted in the butterfly was vs what time Janice left that day on her bicycle was?

BBM. Well spotted!

I agree - I think it's hard to tell exactly. For my part, I'm inclined to think it was a mix of both, someone who had an eye on her for a while and saw her alone that day and kidnapped her.

from what i have read on the case the area where janice was taken was very wooden and rural at the time. i have driven by the road where she was taken many times on my way to visit my little sister who goes to college up in that area now there are some businesses on the main road that leads up to rhoads road i have never been on the road itself.

my theroy is he waited until she was off her bike for him to snatch her touching the bike would have left some sort of dna or something and maybe he was working without gloves ( was not that bright of a person) and did not want anything traced to him
i have the names of some suspects that could be tied into janices case they all had some priors with trying to lure girls or sexual assault type crimes if anyone wants the names i will pm you one of the suspects got his lawyer involved because he felt the pd was harrasing him once legal got involved the pd had to stop questioning him

According to the Vernon patch Skeletal remains were found yesterday on West rd. in Vernon,Perhaps one of the Families can get some closure.-http://vernon.patch.com/articles/vernon-police-investigating-skeletal-remains-found-off-west-street

I've been following this thread closely, but don't post much. From what I've learned, the remains are skeletal, but at this point police aren't saying/don't know how old they are, the gender or age. They ARE, however, looking at the MP cases from the 60's and 70's. They're making a huge deal about it on wfsb right now, so I have a feeling this may be Janice. Or Lisa. Or Debra. Their families certainly do deserve closure, and even though we know those girls are all almost certainly deceased, nobody wants an MP case to end this way...

http://www.wfsb.com/story/21641993/human-remains-discovered-in

According to the Vernon patch Skeletal remains were found yesterday on West rd. in Vernon,Perhaps one of the Families can get some closure.-http://vernon.patch.com/articles/vernon-police-investigating-skeletal-remains-found-off-west-street

I've been following this thread closely, but don't post much. From what I've learned, the remains are skeletal, but at this point police aren't saying/don't know how old they are, the gender or age. They ARE, however, looking at the MP cases from the 60's and 70's. They're making a huge deal about it on wfsb right now, so I have a feeling this may be Janice. Or Lisa. Or Debra. Their families certainly do deserve closure, and even though we know those girls are all almost certainly deceased, nobody wants an MP case to end this way...

http://www.wfsb.com/story/21641993/human-remains-discovered-in

Welcome to WS, Rainbowsprinkles, and thank you both for this news.

Please please let there be a resolution. :please:

From the gentleman who found the skull
"Happened to go down where the brook was, look over, seemed fake at first. Not thinking too much of it, I picked it up, had fillings in the teeth, pretty scary,"

Did Janice or any of the other girls missing have fillings?

Also from same article
Vernon Police say this area was the Old Rockville city landfill, that closed in the sixties. It was later cleared out.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/tolland_cty/possible-human-remains-found-in-vernon#.UUJ97jCcevQ

if you saw the dark minds episode they said that they showed a sketch of the man who was a person of interest to lisas sister and she got really emotional and was freaking out because she had seen the man before they think that man had something to do with lisa since he lived nearby in ct and one of his brothers also lived nearby. i hope for closure in this case or even lisas case no other details are out at this time. i am wondering is the skull of a child or an adult male or female. where they were found was very close to where lisa lived

I still need to watch Dark Minds, but I agree-it just makes more sense Lisa knew her killer. I don't know why I feel this, but I feel like if the person who took her randomly picked her up as she was walking (serial killer aka opportunist abduction) we may have found her already, or pulled her up as a UID. I just really think the person who took her, knew her, and that gave them more incentive to be able to make sure she was never found...otherwise I'm sure if she would have been found, especially if the person she knew took her, we would have known who did it right away.

Hello everyone, and thank you for all the posts on these cases. I watched the Dark Minds episode and came here looking for more details. I am guessing that in the cases where remains were found that there was no DNA recovered? I am guessing no as it hasn't been mentioned but I was curious.

I finally watched Dark Minds episode featuring Holly, Molly, Lisa and Janice. I have never thought of tying these four cases together, but I liked where he was coming from-it gets the case moving and he could be on to something.
I have heard of Holly and Molly's cases being tied together but not with Lisa's and Janice's.
Any word on the accessories found at the hunter's place?

FWIW, I dont know that I believe they are tied together, and I dont know that LE does either. jvho.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fascist Donald Pig Trump
Back