GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been saying from the beginning that Troconis camp has taken advantage of the United States being the only country that still applies the felony murder rule and instead of learning the true charges against MT (i.e., MT conspired with FD to kill Jennifer, and then helped him dispose of evidence and hinder investigators), they have garnered support for MT by spreading false claim MT is being charged with murder. IMO, the defense witness Petu fell victim to this claim, and the idea she could prove MT's innocence is based on her belief that MT was not present at the murder scene. Except this has never been alleged! In other words, who cares if MT was at Petu's store while FD was murdering Jennifer. MT's part in the conspiracy was already done! JMO
Thanks for this. So agree, but countering a well oiled disinformation campaign by Defence Counsel aided and abetted by MSM local press is difficult.

I do wonder if the reasons the Jurors wanted to hear Petu commentary was for exactly the reason you point out. Petu was claiming MT was 'innocent' as she was in her store as FD was driving back from NC where he had murdered JF?

The Press has been repeating this false narrative on the MT charges for years (they simply repeat what the Troconis Crew state and ditto for Jon Schoenhorn who has said the exact same thing) so imo it was entirely possible that someone on the jury had seen what folks like NBC CT etc. have been endlessly repeating and so questioned entirely what was going on. Just a guess based on what we have experienced here on WS regarding disinformation with this tragic case due to the fact that there never was a counter narrative from the State or the Victim on the issue of the charges brought against MT imo. Disinformation is difficult to counter and because there was no gag in this case its been allowed to be in the public consciousness now since the murder of JF in 2019!

Yes, the Troconis Crew has consistently chosen in their public remarks to not understand (or correctly state) the MT top charge which is (Class B felony vs Class A for Murder):

53a-54aCONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER
B​

The Family has been saying on rinse and repeat now for years that, "MT did not commit murder" and is innocent and the Press reported it exactly this way (stupidly also as few did anything to explain the exact nature of the charges). The Troconis crew also have repeated claims to 'not understand' why the trial of MT has seemed to be the trial of FD.

As you point out the Troconis crew has made the false claim that MT is being charged with Murder. I do believe this is why we see MSM stations such as NBC CT and CBS making the statements they do as I'm not sure they understand the charges properly either and have never bothered to correct the error laden statements of the Troconis Crew imo. I could never understand the Press in the case not explaining the charges but it fit with the imo absolutely false narrative of being charged with murder, persecuted by the State and LE and being innocent of murder. Most of the Press followed along with this narrative and it imo impacted the public perception of the trial but more importantly imo it stopped any real investigation of the Press into who was MT and what she had done to assist FD in the murder of JF.

State had burden of proving the murder of JF by FD prior to advancing their case of MT but all that happened is that Family repeatedly said "MT is innocent of Murder and why is this trial all about FD". This false narrative made it out to the Press and has been repeated endlessly.

As you point out, Petu stood on the stand and claimed MT was innocent because she was in her store while FD was on his way back from NC where he had murdered JF. As you point out, Petu stupidly or ignorantly didn't understand the charges either. Why should she when the Troconis Crew has been misleading the public now for 4 years and their narrative was repeated endlessly by att Jon Schoenhorn as part of their longstanding disinformation campaign imo.

The jury instructions which were read in full on Tuesday to the jurors made clear what each of the charges for MT are - she has 6 iirc. The Judge went through all the elements for each with the jury and the instructions alone I believe are 50 pages or more long!

On the Conspiracy Murder charge the Judge really read through it slowly so jurors understood exactly what it was that you are correctly describing in your OP. The Judge went through exactly what the elements of the Conspiracy Murder charge are and explained that MT didn't have to be in NC with FD and present for the Murder of JF.

I don't have the exact instruction that the Judge read to the jury but I believe the essential point is:

Jury instructions on conspiracy to commit murder must indicate that state was required to prove intent to agree or conspire to commit murder and intent to cause murder.

The State made clear that in their estimation the Defendant wasn't physically with FD in NC on the Murder Date (she didn't need to be with the charge) but that she conspired with FD as you point out to kill JF.

This tragic case has imo suffered greatly from misinformation and disinformation and the charges of MT imo were never fully understood by the public because the Press never explained it properly to begin with and simply repeated the error filled statements (deliberately done imo) of the Troconis Crew and Atty Jon Schoenhorn.

Hope the jury gets in right and fully understands the charges.

MOO

Guys - still not done with closing, but I did get more rose.

I am getting close to the end; my impression is the defense is stress-testing each piece of evidence, out of context, causing a scrambled egg effect. I am putting all the eggs in the easel-person’s basket.

I rearranged the D closing arguments into categories.

Discredit the Forensics

Defense sticks to the cake and the bunny touch-transfer. But, the State’s testimony is that LE observed blood like, not cake like substance, on the faucet from which FD’s DNA was developed.

LE didn’t pursue the phone connection from a cell number associated with Jennifer to the Suburban at 2:56 pm. Defense purportedly isn’t suggesting Jennifer got on the gone girl train (that would reflect badly on MT), but Jennifer was probably dead at the hands of -somebodies - that aren’t MT; and LE’s failure to follow the phone lead means LE prejudged who the suspects were to the exclusion of the real conspirators.

Defense says there is no evidence that the cleaning at 80 M was related to a murder, or that MT could have known she was cleaning up a murder. Well - this requires the jury to ignore phone manipulation and the car circus and fires for starters. Defense also says “no evidence is not evidence.” That doesn’t hold true when you destroy evidence by cleaning a car and a house and burning which causes the lack of evidence.

The jury needs to get these details on the easel.

“She didn’t know” refrain on repeat

How was MT to know, without x-ray vision, that black opaque bags, similar to the ones she brought, contained murder trash. First of all, the defense calls out the State for using hindsight about what we now know was in the bags; according to the D, it’s misleading to use hindsight to inform ourselves of what MT knew. So, the defense can use hindsight but the State can’t. I call GARBAGE. This is a defense credibility issue IMO.

Apparently, it is common knowledge, that a builder only gets one dumpster per build; and, the cost of the dumpster comes off your bottom line; so, obviously, builders routinely need to find other trash receptacles and gutters once they close the books on a house. In light of the fact that we have evidence of murder trash being generated on the day of a murder, and no evidence of construction trash, this ridiculous supposition IMO is a red herring.

It’s a whodunit

This is a continuation of the D’s theme that the State didn’t prove a key element of the conspiracy, who killed Jennifer? There is reasonable doubt as to who actually killed her as between FD and his “compatriots” or other suspects including PG and KM, but not MT who was at 4JC. Defense does not mention the phone.

The guy on the bike is an identifiable. PG was in NC that day and unaccounted for, for a period of time. PG purchased gas consistent with driving between 4JC and NC. KM could be involved but the State didn’t give you that evidence. And finally Jennifer’s friends pointed to FD and not MT.

Credibility bait and switch

This one really burns me up.

Regarding the judge’s instruction about credibility, in the judge’s opinion, the crux of the case, is defendant’s credibility. The D says the credibility instruction was included for the purpose of helping the jury decide whether PG’s testimony was credible because he took the immunity deal. Yikes ! What a gross misrepresentation.

Defense says that the seat switching story came out after he got immunity; and that FD probably made the “bury her with the dog” comment to PG but either misremembered who said it and accidentally on purpose said it was MT to make his immunity deal more valuable. Whaaaaaaaaaat????

Knowledge and planning

PG and FD took the Tacoma to 80 MS before the dinner party and unbeknownst to MT. FD set up the Greek alibi call when he went to get steak, by himself, for the dinner party.

This is a decent point but isn’t it equally inferable that FDA and MT talked in secret about the phone alibi but we just don’t have video evidence of it.

The Interrogation Tapes

I’m getting tired - but we all know what these arguments are:

Cold
Tired
Spanish speaking
Lied to
Pressured
blah blah

I will finish up tomorrow. I kind of got lost in the Horn rabbit hole which he did by design. As I said up top - they did the opposite of the State’s closing and tried to discredit things isolated from the connecting facts. I pray the easel juror is on top of all this. IMO - it’s just a travesty when a logical case goes off the rails because of a red herring; and/or a juror falling into the circumstantial evidence isn’t good enough trap.

Off to refill my rose!

Excellent!!!!

Maybe the jury had known a bit about the case before the trial began, and, like all of us, heard about fires for the first time during the trial.

The judge made an early statement to the jury, which suggested the possibility of some knowledge. He warned them, you haven't seen any evidence yet, so at this point, to you, the defendant is not guilty. Not, "I have to see evidence, etc." Just flat-out, blank-slate not guilty. The state had the burden of moving that assumption.

The fire evidence could have been the most surprising and interesting to them.

Petu was the witness who spoke most about fires, explaining them. So maybe the jury just wanted to hear her babble about them again.

I also theorize that the defense put Petu on and not Michelle's mother because she could explain the fires better. The defense subtly claimed various ways that the mother was in the house enojoying the fires. But the mother couldn't say so on the stand and not get destroyed on cross/in rebuttal. (LE said only Michelle was home at these times.) So the fire explanation testimony was better for the defense from Petu than from Michelle's mother.

MOO

Thanks for this. So agree, but countering a well oiled disinformation campaign by Defence Counsel aided and abetted by MSM local press is difficult.

I do wonder if the reasons the Jurors wanted to hear Petu commentary was for exactly the reason you point out. Petu was claiming MT was 'innocent' as she was in her store as FD was driving back from NC where he had murdered JF?

The Press has been repeating this false narrative on the MT charges for years (they simply repeat what the Troconis Crew state and ditto for Jon Schoenhorn who has said the exact same thing) so imo it was entirely possible that someone on the jury had seen what folks like NBC CT etc. have been endlessly repeating and so questioned entirely what was going on. Just a guess based on what we have experienced here on WS regarding disinformation with this tragic case due to the fact that there never was a counter narrative from the State or the Victim on the issue of the charges brought against MT imo. Disinformation is difficult to counter and because there was no gag in this case its been allowed to be in the public consciousness now since the murder of JF in 2019!

Yes, the Troconis Crew has consistently chosen in their public remarks to not understand (or correctly state) the MT top charge which is (Class B felony vs Class A for Murder):

53a-54aCONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER
B​

The Family has been saying on rinse and repeat now for years that, "MT did not commit murder" and is innocent and the Press reported it exactly this way (stupidly also as few did anything to explain the exact nature of the charges). The Troconis crew also have repeated claims to 'not understand' why the trial of MT has seemed to be the trial of FD.

As you point out the Troconis crew has made the false claim that MT is being charged with Murder. I do believe this is why we see MSM stations such as NBC CT and CBS making the statements they do as I'm not sure they understand the charges properly either and have never bothered to correct the error laden statements of the Troconis Crew imo. I could never understand the Press in the case not explaining the charges but it fit with the imo absolutely false narrative of being charged with murder, persecuted by the State and LE and being innocent of murder. Most of the Press followed along with this narrative and it imo impacted the public perception of the trial but more importantly imo it stopped any real investigation of the Press into who was MT and what she had done to assist FD in the murder of JF.

State had burden of proving the murder of JF by FD prior to advancing their case of MT but all that happened is that Family repeatedly said "MT is innocent of Murder and why is this trial all about FD". This false narrative made it out to the Press and has been repeated endlessly.

As you point out, Petu stood on the stand and claimed MT was innocent because she was in her store while FD was on his way back from NC where he had murdered JF. As you point out, Petu stupidly or ignorantly didn't understand the charges either. Why should she when the Troconis Crew has been misleading the public now for 4 years and their narrative was repeated endlessly by att Jon Schoenhorn as part of their longstanding disinformation campaign imo.

The jury instructions which were read in full on Tuesday to the jurors made clear what each of the charges for MT are - she has 6 iirc. The Judge went through all the elements for each with the jury and the instructions alone I believe are 50 pages or more long!

On the Conspiracy Murder charge the Judge really read through it slowly so jurors understood exactly what it was that you are correctly describing in your OP. The Judge went through exactly what the elements of the Conspiracy Murder charge are and explained that MT didn't have to be in NC with FD and present for the Murder of JF.

I don't have the exact instruction that the Judge read to the jury but I believe the essential point is:

Jury instructions on conspiracy to commit murder must indicate that state was required to prove intent to agree or conspire to commit murder and intent to cause murder.

The State made clear that in their estimation the Defendant wasn't physically with FD in NC on the Murder Date (she didn't need to be with the charge) but that she conspired with FD as you point out to kill JF.

This tragic case has imo suffered greatly from misinformation and disinformation and the charges of MT imo were never fully understood by the public because the Press never explained it properly to begin with and simply repeated the error filled statements (deliberately done imo) of the Troconis Crew and Atty Jon Schoenhorn.

Hope the jury gets in right and fully understands the charges.

MOO
Right on the money and deeply frustrating.

MT during interrogation: “I didn’t do it.” I was yelling at the screen: DIDN’T DO WHAT?!!

This shouldn’t be hard.

Last edited:
Maybe the jury had known a bit about the case before the trial began, and, like all of us, heard about fires for the first time during the trial.

The judge made an early statement to the jury, which suggested the possibility of some knowledge. He warned them, you haven't seen any evidence yet, so at this point, to you, the defendant is not guilty. Not, "I have to see evidence, etc." Just flat-out, blank-slate not guilty. The state had the burden of moving that assumption.

Petu was the witness who spoke most about fires, explaining them. So maybe the jury just wanted to hear her babble about them again.

I also theorize that the defense put Petu on and not Michelle's mother because she could explain the fires better. The defense subtly claimed various ways that the mother was in the house enojoying the fires. But the mother couldn't say so on the stand and not get destroyed on cross/in rebuttal. (LE said only Michelle was home at these times.) So the fire explanation testimony was better for the defense from Petu than from Michelle's mother.

MOO
Petu settled on fires being social.

I guess MT was having a party for one.

MOO
Was this the moment MT had real tears? JS call an audible and deep six MamaT as a witness? MT think Mama could save her?

In all of this, I think MT thinks she's done nothing wrong.

Because she didn't kill Jennifer.

But she did.

She's lit the FD match.

Plus he needed a second person.

JMO

The most serious charge Troconis is facing is conspiracy to commit murder. The class B felony carries up to a 20 years in prison, with a one-year minimum, if she is found guilty, according to state statute.

For the two counts of conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence and two counts of tampering with physical evidence, she faces up to five years on each charge.

The last charge, second-degree hindering prosecution, carries a sentence between 1 and 10 years.

Troconis also is facing a contempt of court charge related to an incident that occurred during the trial. State statute indicates that if a judge finds her in contempt, she could be fined up to $100, face up to six months in custody or both.

If convicted on multiple charges, she could be sentenced concurrently or consecutively on those charges.

Good point!

Her point fell flat as you said she was the only one there and she wasn’t there long enough to enjoy it so there’s that.

Also, the fires weren’t in her alibi script. Funny how incriminating events didn’t seem to make the cut into her alibi script.

Moo

So I went back and looked at the CAST report. The report showed activity summary on 5/24 between 3:16 - 3:35 pm and again at 7:47 to 8:27 pm. So there is definitely a gap between those times when Petu said she was communicating "around seven." The report shows MT receiving two incoming phone calls at 8:15 and 8:26 pm.

Edit to add: Just because the report didn't show it doesn't mean MT's phone wasn't active during that time. It just wasn't displayed in court. It does not appear that either phone call at 8:15 or 8:26 were longer than two minutes each.

For sure if the CAST witness left off MT's calls on the report, the defense would have impeached him. Therefore, I think they were lying about those calls.

For sure if the CAST witness left off MT's calls on the report, the defense would have impeached him. Therefore, I think they were lying about those calls.
Yes, we and the jury are to believe the MT handwritten phone log.

Entire thing is preposterous imo. MT has no credibility and her phone logs in her handwriting are to be believed? We saw how well she did with the alibi scripts.

Defence wants it both ways, exclude the phone but believe the handwritten log.

Evidence doesn’t work that way and I’m surprised prosecution didn’t hammer that point.

Moo

Good point!

Her point fell flat as you said she was the only one there and she wasn’t there long enough to enjoy it so there’s that.

Also, the fires weren’t in her alibi script. Funny how incriminating events didn’t seem to make the cut into her alibi script.

Moo

Adding that I hope jurors pay attention to her alibi script. She wrote it and included outright lies. At this time it wasn’t in front of the police and in perfect English so she can’t blame it on them or not understanding English.

She said Jacob P. Said to simply write down what she did…. then she did that and proceeded to write what she did NOT do (shower with Fotis) for example) and only included things she purposely did to create alibis.

This needs to be weighed heavily as this is not an act of an innocent person but quite the opposite.

Moo

Was this the moment MT had real tears? JS call an audible and deep six MamaT as a witness? MT think Mama could save her?

In all of this, I think MT thinks she's done nothing wrong.

Because she didn't kill Jennifer.

But she did.

She's lit the FD match.

Plus he needed a second person.

JMO
I agree with this as for once the tears looked real. I don’t think Mama t could testify as she would possibly be knee capped on cross in part due to her role in the ‘screen gate’ contempt situation and she might had to take the fifth imo and her omnipresence in the life of MT and this case as a legal strategist.

Mama T also could have been possibly crossed on the Atty bowman experience and the Greek Easter celebration amongst many other events.

Can you imagine crossing Mama T on FD and the MT relationship? I’d buy a ticket!

I believe we saw Mama T at 4Jx for LE raid and so she might have been pressed on cross about MT running away within the house from LE.

Too much exposure for mama t plus the prosecution had already seen her on the stand in the pretrial hearing and frankly she simply didn’t tell the truth imo about the LE raid at 4Jx.
Moo

Last edited:

Exactly. It's not social/wine or coffee/fire for ambiance when the first two- another person or time for a cup of coffee- are missing. It was just a lonely fire. Built by a person coming and going on dizzying, criminal errands.

MOO

I want to withdrawal my suggestion about having one juror above 50 ish.
It dawned on me that, first the first time ever, I have a car that does everything but make the beds, and I don't know 50% of what it does!
All the 20-30 year olds in the family find it hilarious.
Good morning to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member