GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate your points and will try to understand the reasoning.
I think I get myself too wrapped up emotionally with the reality of everything that happened. I so admire the strength and sacrifice Jennifer’s friends and family have shown for these past five years.
But it’s hearing all five of her children’s heartfelt voices today that I’ll never get past. They lost both of their parents, they trusted MT, they miss their Mom and are struggling so badly still.
Don’t mistake my attempt at reasoning through the sentence with agreement. I think it is a shame the sentence isn’t longer and I blame the state of CT that it isn’t.

FD got away with abusing JFD through CT courts and subjecting her to domestic abuse in the forms of coercive control, threatening, and intimidation in the home long before he decided to step up his offense to murder with the support and assistance of MT. It is as though the state of CT thinks murder is manufactured out of thin air rather than builds out of what comes before it.

If anyone understands how the sentencing report prepared by the State can contain errors and refers back to Warrant information that was factually incorrect and not relate instead to Trial evidence please chime in as I am still processing how this can be true.

I know its CT but even in a State where incompetency is a given, it seems unacceptable to have factual errors and non evidence in an important document relating to sentencing that the Judge relies upon?

Did the State review the sentencing document to make sure it was ok or is this not the way things are done?

Sitting and taking a breath and trying to understand how today's circus was allowed to play out the way it did in Judge Randolphs Courtroom.

It seems like friends and family of the Defendant got more time to speak that the actual VICTIMS friends and family and this just isn't sitting well in my feeble (but kinda tired brain).

I thought today was supposed to be about the Victim and the people impacted by her loss? Instead we were treated to a Bible Revival meeting and a whole bunch of people who imo should have been on the stand and subject to cross examination for their words about MT, INCLUDING MT herself. Schoenhorn could have put any number of those people on the stand at TRIAL YET HE CHOSE NOT TO and imo for VERY GOOD REASON. Yet, they got to speak freely and for imo a very long time.

Whole thing today simply seemed wrong, frankly unfair and disrespectful to the Victim. Disappointed greatly in Judge Randolph on many levels today and during this trial but in particular for the largely distasteful circus that evolved today. Today was supposed to be about the Victim but instead it turned into a day all about the Defendant. Just seems wrong.

It just simply seemed wrong today to put the Defendant on the same footing at the Victim. JFD is gone and the loss of her life will have an everlasting impact on her family and friends. YET, it was deemed equal to the rights of the Defendant to have people speak on her behalf with no corroboration.

Only answer that continues to hit me is, "Its CT"....

MOO

If I had to put my finger on it --it's not the 14.5 years. For me, I think it comes down to Judge Randolph's somewhat clinical explanation-- for lack of a better word, about his job in applying the CT's sentencing guidelines which right or wrong, also seemed to serve as a warning that Randolph sees himself as prohibited from expressing any emotion at sentencing.

How did he put it? ... "MT's life was NOT in his hands."

Given a choice, I think I very much more prefer a Judge who is able to acknowledge the pain expressed so eloquently by 5 orphaned children, and to say to them them that he's sorry they are afraid.

I prefer a judge who can tell the defendant face to face that she showed no remorse--seemed unrepentant, and that he judged her emotionally unmoved when she was shown Jennifer's bloody clothes. Seriously, I think we all understood what the Jurors inferred here.

No, MT was anything but repentant given that stunt she pulled with the Herman Report in his very courtroom. I believe it's a sense of acknowledgement by the Court that I found missing today. JMO

Last edited:
Information is accurate as of May 31, 2024 05:13 AM
Defendant Information
Last, First: TROCONIS MICHELLE Represented By: 433115 FROST BUSSERT LLC
Birth Year: 1974Times on the Docket: 2
Docket Information
Docket No:FST -CR24-0253792-TArresting Agency:STATE'S ATTORNEY'S OFFICE STAMFORD
Companion:
Program:Arrest Date:3/1/2024
Court:Stamford JDBond Amount:$100 (This case only)
Bond Type:Set
Miscellaneous:(Not Released From Custody)
Activity:Awaiting PleaNext Court Date:
7/10/2024 9:00 AM​
Current Charges
StatuteDescriptionClassTypeOccOffense DatePleaVerdict Finding
51-33a CRIMINAL CONTEMPT OF COURT
B​
Misdemeanor​
1​
2/15/2024

Information is accurate as of May 31, 2024 05:13 AM
Defendant Information
Last, First: TROCONIS MICHELLERepresented By: 433115 FROST BUSSERT LLC
Birth Year: 1974Times on the Docket: 2
Docket Information
Docket No:FST -CR24-0253792-TArresting Agency:STATE'S ATTORNEY'S OFFICE STAMFORD
Companion:
Program:Arrest Date:3/1/2024
Court:Stamford JDBond Amount:$100 (This case only)
Bond Type:Set
Miscellaneous:(Not Released From Custody)
Activity:Awaiting PleaNext Court Date:
7/10/2024 9:00 AM​
Current Charges
51-33aCRIMINAL CONTEMPT OF COURT
B​
Misdemeanor​
1​
2/15/2024

@pernickety - here's your answer! July 10th @ 9am.

And since I took all these notes from the 300 PLUS posts - I think I deserve to post this! :D And I can shorten it up a bit too.

Update!

Friday, May 31st:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ 9:30am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 49) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below. Stamford Superior Court #FST-CR-19-0148552-T
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague [Count 5] & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence [Count 4-dismissed] (for 5/29/19). Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford Norwalk #FST-CR-19-0167364-T
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder (for 5/24/19) [Count 1]. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse #FST-CR20-0241178-T
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution [Count 6], tampering with physical evidence [Count 3[ & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence [Count 2] (for 5/24/19). Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford-Norwalk #FST-CR19-0148553-T
After being found guilty - Bond changed (3/1/24) to $6M Cash/Surety Bond; house arrest. GPS monitoring. Passports surrendered.
The declaration of death for Jennifer was officially issued by Judge William P. Osterndorf on October 24, 2023.
Trial began on 1/11/24. State rested their case on 2/21/24. Defense started their case on 2/21/24 & ended on 2/23/24. Closing arguments set for 2/27/24. Jury started deliberations on 2/28/24. Day1-Time: ~5 hours. 2/29 (Day 2)- ~6 hours. 3/1/24 (Day 3): ~1 hour.
Total deliberations: ~12 hours.
Verdict: Guilty of all charges. Sentencing hearing on 5/31/24.
Remanded to jail with bond change to $6M Cash/Surety. Inmate #433612.
Superior Court Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial. Assistant State’s attorney Sean McGuinness & Supervisory assistant State’s attorney Michelle Manning & defense attorneys Jon Schoenhorn & Audrey Felson.

Bond & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 1/10/24 & Trial Days 1-32 (1/11-3/1/24) & Verdict Watch Day 1-3 (2/28 & 3/1/24) & thru 4/10/24 reference post #34 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-2

5/20/24 Update: Defense attorney Schoenhorn filed a motion on 5/20/24 seeking to have the two conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence charges vacated, contending the acts were already covered under the tampering with physical evidence charges. In the motion, Schoenhorn said moving forward with the two charges would constitute "double jeopardy" & violates his client's right to due process. Sentencing hearing on 5/31/24.
5/31/24 Update: Judge Kevin Randolph will go through the PSI report first, then hear the victims' impact statements, then hear from the defendant's loved ones before proceeding with his ruling.
*Judge is hearing Schoenhorn on the motion to vacate the second State believes the Judge has already denied this. The court vacates Count 4. Court says the Conspiracy follows one bad conspiracy. Distinguishes conspiracy to commit murder is different than conspiracy to tamper. Sees no double jeopardy there. State's retains the right to appeal the Court's ruling. Court is making corrections to the sentencing.
*Next PSI report - see link below for details.
*Supervisory Assistant State's Attorney Michelle Manning says there are 12 people who will speak during the victim impacts statement portion of the hearing. The court will hear from the people who are most devastated by the defendant's cruel actions. Her mother, sister, five children & friends. See link below for details.
*Victim impact Statements: Gloria Farber, Jennifer's mother. Melissa Farber, Jennifer’s sister. Petros Dulos. He was only 13 the day his mother disappeared.
Reference posts #72 [page 3] & 82 to 85, 92, 96, 98 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-5

*Victim Impact statements continued: Theodore Dulos. He was also 13 when his mother disappeared. Jennifer's close friend Laurel Watts. Christiane, Jennifer daughter who was 10 on the day her mom disappeared. Lauren Almeida, the children's nanny & Jennifer's good friend. Constantine Dulos. He was 10 at the time he lost his mother. Caroline Buckley, a long-time friend of Jennifer & a caregiver to the kids, as well. Noelle, the youngest Dulos child. She was 8 at the time. Carrie Luft, Jennifer's friend.
Reference posts #103, 109, 111, 112, 114, 116, 117 & 119 [page 6] & 124, 125, 131 & 135 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-7

*Prosecutor Michelle Manning statement. Defense attorney Jon Schoenhorn's statement.
Reference posts #160 [page 8] & 174 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-9

*Defense impact statements: Rev. Christopher Solimene, Michelle's pastor. Dr. Carlos Troconis, Michelle's father. Marisela Arreaza, Michelle's mother. Sandra Litle (?), a member of Troconis' church. Elizabeth Van Loon, a friend of Michelle Troconis since 2019. Daniela Troconis, Michelle's sister. Eleanor Howard, another friend from church who met Troconis in 2019. Herbert King, Troconis' brother-in-law. Wendy Isgoth (spelling?), another member of the church Troconis attended while under house arrest. Marisela Troconis, sister. Gaston Begue, father of her child. Nicole Begue, daughter.
Reference posts #184, 190, 199 [page 10] & 207 & 213 [page 11] & 221 & 233 [page 12] & 241 [page 13[ & 270 [page 14] & here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-16

*Plus post #482, page 25 for hearing summary article.
*Schoenhorn delivers statement. And Michelle Troconis speaks [see post #539 page 27]
*Troconis was sentenced to 20 years, execution suspended after 14.5 years, for the conspiracy to commit murder charge. The sentence will be followed by 5 years of probation. The maximum prison time for the charge was up to 20 years. Her other sentences will run concurrently. She was sentenced to 5 years in prison, suspended after 4 years, for her other four charges. {see post 540, page 27]
*Schoenhorn says Troconis will appeal & he's asking for appellate bond while the appeal is pending. Randolph denies the request for an appeal bond. It's not a constitutional right. $2 million bond being requested by Schoenhorn. Court declined appeal bond.
Reference posts #357 [page 18] & 482 (article-Summary of hearing) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-25

*Charged & arrested (3/1/24) & arraigned (3/21/24) with criminal contempt of court (on 2/15/24). Bond $100. No plea entered.
Judge Alex Hernandez presiding. Asst. State Attorney Elizabeth Moran & Defense attorney Robert Foster.
Court info from 3/6/24 to 3/21/24 reference post #34 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-2

5/8/24 Update: Troconis’ hearing for a contempt of court charge has been continued until 7/10/24 awaiting plea.

Lawyer Lee says she didn't hear it, but I recall that Judge Randolph said the sentencing range for the Conspiracy to Murder charge was 1 year to 20 years.
Yes, I heard the sentencing range exactly as you did and it was notable because it was such a wide range and Judge Randolph made mention of this fact and referred back to the Legislature and their intent regarding the wide range and how it was designed for Judicial discretion to 'fit' the situation.

FWIW I haven't watched Lawyer Lee since her husband died 3 weeks ago. I give her alot of credit for returning to work after taking just 2 weeks off. But, she is still clearly in deep grief and I felt for her on the last live talking about the MT sentencing that she was understandably quite raw. My point in adding this is that she even with her grief she has I believe been following 3 trials quite intensively and I think she has missed some details in each, as I noticed any number of things she didn't get from the Judge Randolph sentencing as well as the Daybell sentencing. She always tries so hard to get the event details right and also to explain the legal details and so I just chalked up the 'missing bits' to her personal situation and cut her grace as it was pretty clear she is feeling a heapload of pain at the moment.

MOO

The lingering stinging question is why sentencing guidelines for Conspiracy to Murder carries an upper limit of a mere 20 years. As others have said upthread, why is it a Class B felony? Why wasn't she charged also as an Accessory to Murder? Why is the sentence for driving the getaway car in a fatal robbery paired with murder but Conspiracy lacks the same teeth? MT helped FD murder JFd. Fueled his motive, shaved his head, covered for him. As well, doubled his efforts to conceal and destroy evidence...

If the judge had the actual authority to stack her sentences concurrently and chose not to, that's on him and I will never understand it.

It's really the system that fails justice. One charge/sentence shallows up the others, 20 years become 14.5 which will probably water down to ten. Revictimizing the victims.

In my heart, FD should have been alive to face his own jury, and all three co-conspirators should be enjoying individual LWOPs. The price for participating in the taking of a life.

I will give the judge this. He laid out very carefully where the jury got it right. MT was rightfully convicted.

She has a heart of stone.

JMO

"Sentencing is a dispassionate Exercise."

I struggled mightily with that particular imo only partial truism we heard from the Judge yesterday. Still sitting with it all actually as I think it is an absolutely incomplete explanation of the sentencing process and I frankly disagree absolutely with sentencing being fully explained as being dispassionate. Wrong word and poor explanation imo.

I've seen too many cases where a jury gets things partially right or absolutely wrong based on the facts of the case and where the Judge has to 'adjust the scales' at sentencing but within the guidelines of course. If sentencing truly were dispassionate then why bother hearing from the VICTIMS? AND certainly why the farce with listening to hours of commentary about the DEFENDANT? WHY?

In a million years I will never understand the circus Judge Randolph let play out yesterday in his courtroom yesterday with a good 1/2 day or more of MT supporters allowed to speak.

WHY?

The Jury had rendered a verdict and imo by virtue of Judge Randolph permitting the circus of hearing from people that only knew MT for a short period of time and on rinse and repeat, it was as if he took a huge MUD PIE and smooshed it in the face of BOTH the Jury that worked LONG AND HARD and with great courage to convict on all six counts against MT and the VICTIMS who have to live with the consequences of the murder of JFD. The entire episode was imo made even more of a joke because any of those MANY people that spoke yesterday for MT could have been brought to her defence AT TRIAL and subject to cross examination. BUT, we didn't see any of that happen (not a surprise as to why). It was a feeble attempt by the Defence to simply ambush and hijack an event that is supposed to be about the VICTIMS.

Frankly imo yesterday was only worthy of something you might see in a banana republic which made the Troconis Family and Schoenhorn comments comparing the Stamford Courthouse experience of MT to the situation of justice in Venezuela quite ironic and darkly humorous. I know the situation in CT Judiciary is horrifically soft on crime but its not yet on par with Venezuela - getting closer every day but not all there yet!

IMO yesterdays presentation was a farce that was allowed by Judge Randolph. But more importantly I thought it was an absolute slap in the face and knife in the gut to the friends and family of JFD.

Since when are VICTIMS RIGHTS and CONVICTED DEFENDANTS RIGHTS EQUAL? MT had a trial and was convicted by a Jury of her peers, PERIOD THE END. IF the Defence wanted these people to speak then bring them to trial and have them subject to cross examination!

Maybe Judge Randolph was announcing that he wasn't one of these Judges that looks at the totality of the evidence presented and then compares it to the jury verdict and then sentences accordingly based on the guidelines established by the legislature? Colour me confused but I am with his entire long statement yesterday. He wasn't confused as he spouted out his ruling in a rapid fire way as if he just wanted it all just done. He imo absolutely DID exercise GREAT discretion with the concurrent ruling that imo effectively dismissed the Class D felonies in the 'lesser' charges. He absolutely DID exercise GREAT discretion in effectively suspending a good portion of the maximum sentence for the top charge of 20 years by reducing it to 14.5 years imo.

Nope to all of yesterday with the exception of the Victims statements. An ABSOLUTE NOPE imo to the extensive word salad heard from Judge Randolph. I had believed him to possibly be an individual of courage, integrity, wisdom and compassion and yesterday I saw none of these qualities as he seemed more than a bit defensive imo for his 'sentencing ruling' in the face of the demands for something quite different from the true VICTIMS of the MT crimes. I found Judge Randolph severely lacking yesterday because I don't believe he made any attempt within the wide discretion available to him to make ANY ATTEMPT to hear the Victims. NONE.

Am I surprised by Judge Randolphs choices yesterday? Nope. The man is a product of the system in which he operates and so I instead take issue with the system which as we have all seen is absolutely broken in CT. But, it did bother me greatly that he sought very much in my opinion to justify doing what he did but imo he hid his justification behind a false narrative that little to do with the actual wide discretion that Judge's possess. I just wish he had had the personal courage to be honest about it all and not choose to hide behind a word such as 'dispassionate'.

IMO it was a sad day for justice on so many levels and it disappoints me greatly that Judge Randolph didn't have the personal courage to stand up for VICTIMS and do so within the bounds of his judicial sentencing discretion.

MOO

If the process truly were dispassionate the role could be assigned to robots or computers and the Judicial role as it relates to sentencing dismissed. Perhaps the correct word might be unbiased as this seemed more along the lines of what he spent so much time talking about yesterday? IDK, but dispassionate in my mind implies so many other issues.

Judge Randolph seemed imo to be struggling mightily on getting across an idea on sentencing to the Courtroom that imo never quite made it or I didn't understand it. Perhaps he was attempting to explain that sentencing ought to align with the verdict provided by the jury of peers in a way that was consistent with established guidelines and wasn't capricious? Whatever his intent with all the word salad for me it fell quite flat. It also seemed that he was attempting to minimize his role or discretion in sentencing and I felt this was incorrect as well.

Judges have substantial discretion and imo we the public expect that this discretion will be properly, responsibly and fairly applied to mete out JUSTICE to those convicted. I would have respected Judge Randolph more if he had focused on the concept of JUSTICE and his role in that process rather than his robotic explanation of sentencing. I'm simply not sure how JUSTICE was served by anything done by Judge Randolph yesterday given that the VICTIMS (not the church clowns surrounding MT and the Defence) asked for the maximum sentence to be applied to MT. Judge Randolph COULD have done this BUT HE CHOSE NOT TO imo and this is where I'm calling BS on his argument about sentencing being a dispassionate exercise. ABSOLUTE BS.

Judge Randolph spoke at length about the many various 'inconsistencies' in MT behaviour that the jurors could have reasonably seen in rendering their verdict. His list of 'inconsistencies' was thorough and I just thought of a few others that probably weren't that material. that could have been added The thing with all the ones he mentioned though was that all involved very clear INTENT and diligent action by MT to accomplish and I wonder if this is why he listed the ones he did? I think Judge Randolph was attempting to build a bridge between the role of the jury verdict and their possible analysis of the evidence and his role as Judge in sentencing MT for the crimes but somehow remove him from having any role other than just reading the sentencing grids that are public for all to see. I think Judge Randolph saw the MT clear role in the crime of murder YET for whatever reason in his mind could not connect what he heard at trial and heard from the jury verdict with the maximum sentencing guidelines that clearly we available to him.

Last edited:
(c) Any person sentenced to a term of imprisonment for an offense committed on or after July 1, 1983, may, while held in default of bond or while serving such sentence, by good conduct and obedience to the rules which have been established for the service of his sentence, earn a reduction of his sentence as such sentence is served in the amount of ten days for each month served and pro rata for a part of a month served of a sentence up to five years, and twelve days for each month served and pro rata for a part of a month served for the sixth and each subsequent year of a sentence which is more than five years. Misconduct or refusal to obey the rules which have been established for the service of his sentence shall subject the prisoner to the loss of all or any portion of such reduction by the commissioner or his designee. In the event a prisoner has not yet earned sufficient good time to satisfy the good time loss, such lost good time shall be deducted from any good time earned in the future by such prisoner.
Conn. Gen. Stat. § 18-7a

Yes, this is how the Woodchipper Murderer Crafts that murdered his wife and reduced her remains to pulp and disposed of the remains in a local river and he was able to get out in I believe 25 years while his sentence in CT was 50 years. This miscreant is presently in a half way house in Bridgeport, CT. Similarly to MT he showed NO REMORSE ever.

The issues we are seeing with sentencing imo reflect a legislature in CT that is at its core 'soft' on crime. No way around it. Judges are bureaucrats and work within a system created by Hartford. My guess is that Judge Randolph is a pragmatist and fundamentally weak and knew better than we here most likely what a sentencing appeal in this case would have entailed and what the result might be. The errors and inaccuracies in the pre sentencing document is something that I don't understand and I dont get why the State didn't object to it. I don't think any of these 'realities' of sentencing appeal excuses his fundamental cowardice or unwillingness the exercise discretion but it might explain his decision for better or worse. He could just a be a 'go along to get along' kinda Judge who wants to live to try another case. Most bureaucrats in CT are like this and its a place where bureaucrats work harder at not working than doing the jobs in my experience. Sad but true.

There were people in Hartford during COVID that wanted the EMPTY the prisons of virtually all violent criminals and put them back on the streets with virtually no restrictions.

I had to stop listening to Judicial confirmation hearings in Hartford as it was simply too upsetting to hear how the Judges interpreted their roles and the law. Very rarely was any mention made of public safety and its connection being a Judge. Very little judicial support for LE either and this creates a vicious cycle of LE apathy as well. There was ALOT of talk about how inmate rehabilitation is possible and how second chances are the right thing to do and on and on and on. Meanwhile crime in CT is at an all time high and violent crime in particular has spiked dramatically and career offenders simply go through a revolving door with no consequences. Consequences for crime in CT are known to be quite limited. Meanwhile the AG and Gov. spend much time debating crime statistics. Its a hopeless situation and the so called press don't even bother really reporting on the issues any more.

So, I do thank Judge Randolph for confirming yet again how the State of CT defines justice and what its priorities are for sentencing of serious crime. I guess we simply share different definitions for justice and I am not a big believer in rehabilitation for violent offenders and certainly NOT for repeat offenders.

Sad times....

MOO

Listening to the CT Fox61News this evening, it appears that MT may serve less than 14.5 years after CT's "good behavior" credit is considered. Given this fact, I truly hope that MT's pending charge of Criminal Contempt will be punished with a sentence for the full 6 months to be served consecutively to her Conspiracy sentence.

Class B Misdemeanors (up to six months)

Last, First: TROCONIS MICHELLE
Docket No:FST -CR24-0253792-T
51-33aCRIMINAL CONTEMPT OF COURT
B
Misdemeanor
1​
2/15/2024

ETA: If there was an ounce of integrity and/or remorse in MT, she would have pled guilty already to criminal contempt of court! SMH... :mad:
Yes, the irony here is that MT might have more actual TIME SERVED for the Contempt charge if convicted than ANY of the 4 additional charges associated with the murder.

Kudos to Judge Randolph on the concurrent sentencing for the lesser (but imo hugely important charges) to render them effectively meaningless. Quite a message delivered on that JUDICIAL CHOICE and the message was clearly received by all here too imo!

Can you imagine being Atty Manning or McGuiness and having battled this case now for 5 years? My guess is that neither will be State employees for very much longer as what is the point of seeking justice with no Judicial sentencing support of it and little to no Judicial support of LE and CSP either?

MOO

I feel even more sucker punched that the judge brought up mt’s “ irregularities “ because she knew what she was doing…. Yet gave such a light sentence.
Js please do go ahead and appeal. I want another judge and jury to find her guilty again and give her 50+ or better yet life with no parole. That Is what she deserves.I know it says 20 years,(upper limit) so make her SERVE 20 YEARS.

Last edited:
I had wonky internet issues yesterday after Jennifer's loved ones gave their impact statements and am just now catching up. Thank you all for your replies.
Feeling a bit hollow about the sentencing. Glad she will remain behind bars but wish her stay would be a bit longer. For her, though, it will seem like forever so that gives me some comfort. I hate that JFD's children will have little comfort with this sentence. Their lives are forever changed.

I listened to the MT comments imo demanding leniency from Judge Randolph yesterday again and imo if you overlay her 'performance' and words yesterday to her similar prior 'performance' with Atty Andrew Bowman in the LE interview where she basically gets down on her knees in a begging (or other) position both 'performances' are effectively identical.

Yep, the same formula. Tears, drama, begging and appearance of subservience BUT NO REMORSE OR RESPONSIBILITY. None. Quite stunning to watch but I bet folks (mainly males imo) fall for it completely every time. Classic narc performance designed to deceive and manipulate and predictably effective with certain people imo. Judge Randolph fell for it imo and Atty Andrew Bowman initially fell for it but quickly realised what he was dealing with in the form of MT and he escaped.

Judge Randolph effectively sentenced yesterday imo based on the premise that there is some redeeming value to MT such that there is value to her life being in society for the remainder of her lifetime after she leaves CT Prison System in maybe 10-12 years after 'good behaviour'. The 14.5 year sentence wasn't hard time required to be served and appears to be subject to the nonsense guidelines of the misguided people in Hartford that put the 'good behavior' guidelines in place.

What possible value exists to society for MT being 'out and about' that Judge Randolph thought a short sentence was warranted? Not a very different question from her value to society before she decided to participate in murdering JFD and we know the answer to this question quite clearly as she was effectively a professional mistress for her adult life. I wonder what Judge Randoph was thinking? Will she perhaps conveniently join another church group and bake more cookies? Nah, can't see that happening. Will she perhaps hand out sandwiches 'in the poor areas of Caracas'? Course not as who would go back there? Equine Theraphy? Nah, too much work. MT was never philanthropic except in a surface way AFTER she was arrested in Avon and her belief seems to be that she is her own best charity! Her life was hair appointments, pandering to the man du jour, lunch, and an afternoon ski either at the pond or on the slopes. MT didn't work, didn't contribute anything to society and simply served herself always. How Judge Randolph could see anything else simply escapes me.

The lunacy imo of what Judge Randolph did yesterday means that its possible that if the perjury charge is given at full 6 months and not suspended (which will probably happen) that more time will be served for that single perjury charge THAN ANY OTHER of the tampering and hindering charges that had such a devastating effect and delayed the investigation and made a tough investigation even harder.

MT when backed into the wall will turn on the weeping and performative tears and simply beg or do whatever else needs to be done so she gets her way.

Was MT crying yesterday? I don't think so. I just think she was deeply humiliated as only a narc can be for having her mask pulled off and being called out so brilliantly by the various Farber Dulos children but with a particular shoutout to Theodore and Lauren Almeida for keeping it real.

Most of the time imo MT looked irritated and she and her attorney who imo is as deplorable as she is forgettable took turns issuing eye rolls and reading papers. Rude and disrespectful all of it but its just how they roll and who they both are as people. Go back and look at the eye rolling and body language as the various members of the Dulos friends and family spoke yesterday and it was stunning.

Watching Mama Troconis during this testimonies was interesting as oftentimes she actually chose to turn away from the person speaking as if she couldn't bear it (she is a tough skinned old cow so we knew she can take it but she didn't feel that she had to listen and sit facing forward with dignity and respect) and imo this yet again shows her to be a deplorable human being. I do think Mama Troconis knows precisely what MT did regarding this horrific crime (I think her family does too) but simply doesn't believe MT should be held accountable for any of her choices. I guess its how MT has lived her life and escaped consequences for everything so why should things be different now?

It was a sorry day for victims rights yesterday imo as Judge Randolph chose to hide under his judicial desk literally and figuratively. I just keep thinking about the Victims statements explaining how they lived in FEAR for 9 months and had armed guards to protect them. BUT, what about the Victims that don't have the money to pay for armed guards and have to go to work, get their car in a parking deck or go shopping? These people that might have experienced DV or other personal violence saw yesterday that consequences for participation in a murder are minimal in CT.

Thank you Judge Randolph and the State of CT for yet another lesson in crime and punishment CT STYLE and for showing us all that Victims Rights are identical to Convicted Defendants Rights. I pray for the mainly women in CT who are victims of DV and still with violent spouses who now know after this MT sentencing that the value placed on their lives in CT if they are murdered by a violent spouse or partner is no more than 14.5 years! Chilling. So, thank you Judge Randolph for that!

Prayers for Det. Kimball, Sgt. Ventruska and CSP folks that worked around the clock doing their jobs and working hard for justice with little to no support from the Judiciary apparent based on what we saw in either the FD or MT cases. KNOW that your hard work was seen and appreciated and KNOW ALSO that the people watching know that you worked harder for justice for JFD than any of the sorry Judges that touched this tragic case.

I feel greatly for Atty's Manning and McGuiness as they too worked hard for justice here for 5 years but sadly not hard enough to prevail against the judicial forces present, their own entrenched bureaucracy and a boss who is a fence sitter who chose to never lead and protect this team by holding Schoenhorn accountable for rules violations that are too numerous to mention.

MOO

The lingering stinging question is why sentencing guidelines for Conspiracy to Murder carries an upper limit of a mere 20 years. As others have said upthread, why is it a Class B felony? Why wasn't she charged also as an Accessory to Murder? Why is the sentence for driving the getaway car in a fatal robbery paired with murder but Conspiracy lacks the same teeth? MT helped FD murder JFd. Fueled his motive, shaved his head, covered for him. As well, doubled his efforts to conceal and destroy evidence...

If the judge had the actual authority to stack her sentences concurrently and chose not to, that's on him and I will never understand it.

It's really the system that fails justice. One charge/sentence shallows up the others, 20 years become 14.5 which will probably water down to ten. Revictimizing the victims.

In my heart, FD should have been alive to face his own jury, and all three co-conspirators should be enjoying individual LWOPs. The price for participating in the taking of a life.

I will give the judge this. He laid out very carefully where the jury got it right. MT was rightfully convicted.

She has a heart of stone.

JMO
CT unfortunately doesn't have an Accessory to Murder Charge to use in this tragic case. State used available charges and Conspiracy to Commit Murder was closest applicable charge to the circumstance.

I do wonder though why given the mountain of evidence that the State simply didn't avail themselves of the ability charge with more and WHY not iron out the confusion over the conspiracy charges PRE TRIAL?

I very much hope the State uses their preserved appeal of the tossed conspiracy charge and pursues it to the maximum for additional time for MT. Simply a shambles situation on the charges and given that 3 Judges participated in accepting those charges AND signed off on the arrest warrants, its a total mystery why the issues were not resolved prior to yesterday?

For some reason after listening to Judge Randolph drone on and on yesterday in a way to possibly remove any responsibility from himself for anything at least in his mind and on the record, the folks that seem to have been left in the dust with all that happened yesterday WAS THE JURY.

The JURY OF HER PEERS issues a unanimous verdict that was very clear AND YET 14.5 years and a Judge backpedalling on his decision? I simply don't see how this is justice for the Jury either as they weighed the evidence after listening to it for over a month and they decided.

Can you imagine sitting at home as a juror in this case yesterday and reading or listening to this verdict? Can only imagine what they thought. Perhaps some of them might speak now about their thoughts as I believe they deserve to be heard if that is their wish. My guess is that they would VERY MUCH school Judge Randolph on the concept of justice!

MOO

Last edited:
I had wonky internet issues yesterday after Jennifer's loved ones gave their impact statements and am just now catching up. Thank you all for your replies.
Feeling a bit hollow about the sentencing. Glad she will remain behind bars but wish her stay would be a bit longer. For her, though, it will seem like forever so that gives me some comfort. I hate that JFD's children will have little comfort with this sentence. Their lives are forever changed.
I’m still thinking about those five or six different friends of Jennifer’s who put their own personal lives aside to try and support her five children for the past five years. I mean, naturally they brought their notes, but 99% of their words were spoken right from their heart.
They didn’t need to read off of a script like MT’s supporters did.
I’m just blown away because I think I have just one friend who would that for me. She had, a still has the devotion and love of those women and thankfully her children. I can’t imagine what would have become of them without all of that love and support. And I can only say it’s a reflection of what Jennifer was all about. :::::crying now:::::
And yet, even though the judge gave MT the maximum sentence, he chose “concurrently” rather than the real max,”consecutively”, and for that, it showed more compassion for MT, her family and “new friends”
than the heart wrenching pleas of Jennifer’s family and true friends.

And since I took all these notes from the 300 PLUS posts - I think I deserve to post this! :D And I can shorten it up a bit too.

Update!

Friday, May 31st:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ 9:30am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 49) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below. Stamford Superior Court #FST-CR-19-0148552-T
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague [Count 5] & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence [Count 4-dismissed] (for 5/29/19). Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford Norwalk #FST-CR-19-0167364-T
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder (for 5/24/19) [Count 1]. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse #FST-CR20-0241178-T
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution [Count 6], tampering with physical evidence [Count 3[ & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence [Count 2] (for 5/24/19). Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford-Norwalk #FST-CR19-0148553-T
After being found guilty - Bond changed (3/1/24) to $6M Cash/Surety Bond; house arrest. GPS monitoring. Passports surrendered.
The declaration of death for Jennifer was officially issued by Judge William P. Osterndorf on October 24, 2023.
Trial began on 1/11/24. State rested their case on 2/21/24. Defense started their case on 2/21/24 & ended on 2/23/24. Closing arguments set for 2/27/24. Jury started deliberations on 2/28/24. Day1-Time: ~5 hours. 2/29 (Day 2)- ~6 hours. 3/1/24 (Day 3): ~1 hour.
Total deliberations: ~12 hours.
Verdict: Guilty of all charges. Sentencing hearing on 5/31/24.
Remanded to jail with bond change to $6M Cash/Surety. Inmate #433612.
Superior Court Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial. Assistant State’s attorney Sean McGuinness & Supervisory assistant State’s attorney Michelle Manning & defense attorneys Jon Schoenhorn & Audrey Felson.

Bond & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 1/10/24 & Trial Days 1-32 (1/11-3/1/24) & Verdict Watch Day 1-3 (2/28 & 3/1/24) & thru 4/10/24 reference post #34 here:

5/20/24 Update: Defense attorney Schoenhorn filed a motion on 5/20/24 seeking to have the two conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence charges vacated, contending the acts were already covered under the tampering with physical evidence charges. In the motion, Schoenhorn said moving forward with the two charges would constitute "double jeopardy" & violates his client's right to due process. Sentencing hearing on 5/31/24.
5/31/24 Update: Judge Kevin Randolph will go through the PSI report first, then hear the victims' impact statements, then hear from the defendant's loved ones before proceeding with his ruling.
*Judge is hearing Schoenhorn on the motion to vacate the second State believes the Judge has already denied this. The court vacates Count 4. Court says the Conspiracy follows one bad conspiracy. Distinguishes conspiracy to commit murder is different than conspiracy to tamper. Sees no double jeopardy there. State's retains the right to appeal the Court's ruling. Court is making corrections to the sentencing.
*Next PSI report - see link below for details.
*Supervisory Assistant State's Attorney Michelle Manning says there are 12 people who will speak during the victim impacts statement portion of the hearing. The court will hear from the people who are most devastated by the defendant's cruel actions. Her mother, sister, five children & friends. See link below for details.
*Victim impact Statements: Gloria Farber, Jennifer's mother. Melissa Farber, Jennifer’s sister. Petros Dulos. He was only 13 the day his mother disappeared.
Reference posts #72 [page 3] & 82 to 85, 92, 96, 98 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-5

*Victim Impact statements continued: Theodore Dulos. He was also 13 when his mother disappeared. Jennifer's close friend Laurel Watts. Christiane, Jennifer daughter who was 10 on the day her mom disappeared. Lauren Almeida, the children's nanny & Jennifer's good friend. Constantine Dulos. He was 10 at the time he lost his mother. Caroline Buckley, a long-time friend of Jennifer & a caregiver to the kids, as well. Noelle, the youngest Dulos child. She was 8 at the time. Carrie Luft, Jennifer's friend.
Reference posts #103, 109, 111, 112, 114, 116, 117 & 119 [page 6] & 124, 125, 131 & 135 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-7

*Prosecutor Michelle Manning statement. Defense attorney Jon Schoenhorn's statement.
Reference posts #160 [page 8] & 174 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-9

*Defense impact statements: Rev. Christopher Solimene, Michelle's pastor. Dr. Carlos Troconis, Michelle's father. Marisela Arreaza, Michelle's mother. Sandra Litle (?), a member of Troconis' church. Elizabeth Van Loon, a friend of Michelle Troconis since 2019. Daniela Troconis, Michelle's sister. Eleanor Howard, another friend from church who met Troconis in 2019. Herbert King, Troconis' brother-in-law. Wendy Isgoth (spelling?), another member of the church Troconis attended while under house arrest. Marisela Troconis, sister. Gaston Begue, father of her child. Nicole Begue, daughter.
Reference posts #184, 190, 199 [page 10] & 207 & 213 [page 11] & 221 & 233 [page 12] & 241 [page 13[ & 270 [page 14] & here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-16

*Plus post #482, page 25 for hearing summary article.
*Schoenhorn delivers statement. And Michelle Troconis speaks [see post #539 page 27]
*Troconis was sentenced to 20 years, execution suspended after 14.5 years, for the conspiracy to commit murder charge. The sentence will be followed by 5 years of probation. The maximum prison time for the charge was up to 20 years. Her other sentences will run concurrently. She was sentenced to 5 years in prison, suspended after 4 years, for her other four charges. {see post 540, page 27]
*Schoenhorn says Troconis will appeal & he's asking for appellate bond while the appeal is pending. Randolph denies the request for an appeal bond. It's not a constitutional right. $2 million bond being requested by Schoenhorn. Court declined appeal bond.
Reference posts #357 [page 18] & 482 (article-Summary of hearing) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-25

*Charged & arrested (3/1/24) & arraigned (3/21/24) with criminal contempt of court (on 2/15/24). Bond $100. No plea entered.
Judge Alex Hernandez presiding. Asst. State Attorney Elizabeth Moran & Defense attorney Robert Foster.
Court info from 3/6/24 to 3/21/24 reference post #34 here:

5/8/24 Update: Troconis’ hearing for a contempt of court charge has been continued until 7/10/24 awaiting plea.
Thank you for all you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member