GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fotis’s attorney, Michael Rose and attorney Michael Meehan (GAL) basically stole the report. Judge Heller learned of this and sealed the document. She did dismiss attorney Rose, thank goodness. She wanted to replace Meehan, but the timing wasn’t appropriate because Fotis murdered Jennifer, so the judge wanted to maintain continuity for the 5 children. That’s the condensed version (as I remember it). I don’t know if anything happened to Judge Heller or the status of Meehan's law license/GAL eligibility. Maybe someone here can fill in the blanks.
And didn't Rose testify at MT's trial?

Personally, I don't think it helped this case that this corruption between the GAL's and Psychologists Ordered to produce reports for family law was running rampant in CT and more than JD was being impacted. There are many stories and citations detailing this. JMO

And didn't Rose testify at MT's trial?

Personally, I don't think it helped this case that this corruption between the GAL's and Psychologists Ordered to produce reports for family law was running rampant in CT and more than JD was being impacted. There are many stories and citations detailing this. JMO

Yes, Rose did testify and you are right that it didn’t help this case, yet it highlighted the corruption which could and should aid in other family court situations. Let’s hope so!

I just can’t stop thinking about her obsession with this document (especially due to the upcoming trial). I think many of us who have been watching this horrific crime unfold can agree that Michelle isn’t super bright or very logical, so I have to think that the unreasonable focus on a discredited report has to do with what piece of the puzzle it represents in her reality (which isn’t reality at all, but it’s her reality). In a very tiny period of her life, it represented freedom & a fresh start and for some reason, she can’t shake that it was falsified and corrupt and useless.

If I recall, just prior to Fotis murdering Jennifer, the custody case was basically back to square one. This report, which, by corruption, favored Fotis was now sealed and unusable to them. That’s what makes the Greek Easter celebration and Murders Eve dinners so interesting because they were bragging about their Custody Win even though they BOTH knew they didn’t win. Michelle knew exactly what was going on in family court. And so did her mother (IMO). That speaks volumes because they knew they didn’t win and they knew it didn’t matter because they were plotting something very evil, yet demonstrating to their family/friends that all’s good in Fotis/Michelle Land, making the Gone Girl plot or suicide very believable. IMO Michelle’s mother is an overlooked co-conspirator because I’m pretty sure she was quite involved every step of the way (tormenting Jennifer, psych report, protective order against Jennifer with Farmington police department, flaunting her affair around town, visiting Dulos children’s school etc.). By observation, I don’t see Michelle as an independent thinker. She’s still quite influenced by her mother and under her spell. Very childlike (we witnessed such juvenile behavior with attorney Bowman).

IMO, these four people (Fotis, MT, Kent and MT’s vile mother) are/were so evil by tormenting, hurting and eventually murdering beautiful Jennifer and all for greed. Such a shame.

It was a separate case and charge for MT -- and JLS wasted no time proclaiming to the Court that MT didn't get the sealed report from him!

There's a conflict of interest, and this was clearly evident at MT's sentence. In other words, Randolph is the last person I'd want handling the contempt case.

The only thing Judge Randolph said to MT about the contempt charge was that if she took a guilty plea or was later convicted of the contempt of court offense, she would lose any accumulated "time served" credit applicable to CT's early release calculation. JMO
Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Yes, Rose did testify and you are right that it didn’t help this case, yet it highlighted the corruption which could and should aid in other family court situations. Let’s hope so!

I just can’t stop thinking about her obsession with this document (especially due to the upcoming trial). I think many of us who have been watching this horrific crime unfold can agree that Michelle isn’t super bright or very logical, so I have to think that the unreasonable focus on a discredited report has to do with what piece of the puzzle it represents in her reality (which isn’t reality at all, but it’s her reality). In a very tiny period of her life, it represented freedom & a fresh start and for some reason, she can’t shake that it was falsified and corrupt and useless.

If I recall, just prior to Fotis murdering Jennifer, the custody case was basically back to square one. This report, which, by corruption, favored Fotis was now sealed and unusable to them. That’s what makes the Greek Easter celebration and Murders Eve dinners so interesting because they were bragging about their Custody Win even though they BOTH knew they didn’t win. Michelle knew exactly what was going on in family court. And so did her mother (IMO). That speaks volumes because they knew they didn’t win and they knew it didn’t matter because they were plotting something very evil, yet demonstrating to their family/friends that all’s good in Fotis/Michelle Land, making the Gone Girl plot or suicide very believable. IMO Michelle’s mother is an overlooked co-conspirator because I’m pretty sure she was quite involved every step of the way (tormenting Jennifer, psych report, protective order against Jennifer with Farmington police department, flaunting her affair around town, visiting Dulos children’s school etc.). By observation, I don’t see Michelle as an independent thinker. She’s still quite influenced by her mother and under her spell. Very childlike (we witnessed such juvenile behavior with attorney Bowman).

IMO, these four people (Fotis, MT, Kent and MT’s vile mother) are/were so evil by tormenting, hurting and eventually murdering beautiful Jennifer and all for greed. Such a shame.
This appears on CT Examiner site-- Pay to play, though. This is all I could get without subscription:

"The petition argues that, at the very least, Troconis’ interviews to police should have been excluded from evidence, but ultimately she should have been granted immunity from prosecution. The petition requests the court to vacate Troconis’ judgment and release her from custody within 90 days or a “reasonable period of time.” "

Troconis Files Petition for Release, Citing Violations of Constitutional Rights in Dulos Murder Case - CT Examiner

This appears on CT Examiner site-- Pay to play, though. This is all I could get without subscription:

"The petition argues that, at the very least, Troconis’ interviews to police should have been excluded from evidence, but ultimately she should have been granted immunity from prosecution. The petition requests the court to vacate Troconis’ judgment and release her from custody within 90 days or a “reasonable period of time.” "

Troconis Files Petition for Release, Citing Violations of Constitutional Rights in Dulos Murder Case - CT Examiner
She has a free lawyer now.

Last edited:
I’m not an attorney, so please feel free to chime in at any point and correct my understanding, but I think the original purpose to file this motion was to keep the government from secretly detaining prisoners (you want to know why you are being detained because no one shared why, just locked you up). That doesn’t really happen anymore, that we know of, so now a habeas motion serves as an appeal as a last resort. We are allowed one appeal in the USA and the bar is low, so a result in appeals can be successful due to a large number of minor or technical errors that occurred during the trial. But you only get one. So now the only option is filing habeas motion which is endless. There has to be a very flagrant miscarriage of justice at your trial demonstrating that continuing to imprison you is unconstitutional. This is an extremely difficult standard to meet and as a result habeas motions are almost never successful, otherwise quite a bit of the prison population would be busy filing this motion. It'll be interesting watching the progress of this motion.

I’m not an attorney, so please feel free to chime in at any point and correct my understanding, but I think the original purpose to file this motion was to keep the government from secretly detaining prisoners (you want to know why you are being detained because no one shared why, just locked you up). That doesn’t really happen anymore, that we know of, so now a habeas motion serves as an appeal as a last resort. We are allowed one appeal in the USA and the bar is low, so a result in appeals can be successful due to a large number of minor or technical errors that occurred during the trial. But you only get one. So now the only option is filing habeas motion which is endless. There has to be a very flagrant miscarriage of justice at your trial demonstrating that continuing to imprison you is unconstitutional. This is an extremely difficult standard to meet and as a result habeas motions are almost never successful, otherwise quite a bit of the prison population would be busy filing this motion. It'll be interesting watching the progress of this motion.
It just never ends, does it. My God, just tell the family where Jennifer’s buried, do your time and let this family heal.

Monday, Sept. 16th:
*Pretrial Hearing (re Contempt Charges) (@ 9am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 49) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below. Stamford
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague [Count 5] & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence [Count 4-dismissed] (for 5/29/19). Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder (for 5/24/19) [Count 1]. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution [Count 6], tampering with physical evidence [Count 3[ & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence [Count 2] (for 5/24/19). Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23.
After being found guilty - Bond changed (3/1/24) to $6M Cash/Surety Bond; house arrest. GPS monitoring. Passports surrendered. Appeal bond denied (5/31/24). Stamford
The declaration of death for Jennifer was officially issued by Judge William P. Osterndorf on October 24, 2023.
Trial began on 1/11/24. State rested their case on 2/21/24. Defense started their case on 2/21/24 & ended on 2/23/24. Closing arguments set for 2/27/24. Jury started deliberations on 2/28/24. Day1-Time: ~5 hours. 2/29 (Day 2)- ~6 hours. 3/1/24 (Day 3): ~1 hour.
Total deliberations: ~12 hours. Verdict:
Guilty of all charges. Sentenced on 5/31/24 to 14.5 years in prison.
Remanded to jail with bond change to $6M Cash/Surety. Inmate #433612.
Superior Court Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial. Assistant State’s attorney Sean McGuinness & Supervisory assistant State’s attorney Michelle Manning & defense attorneys Jon Schoenhorn & Audrey Felson.
Appeal filed 7/17/24 (A.C. #47734). Appeal attorney Sarah Howard assigned.

Bond & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 1/10/24 & Trial Days 1-32 (1/11-3/1/24) & Verdict Watch Day 1-3 (2/28 & 3/1/24) & thru 6/25/24 reference post #48 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-71.718361/page-3

7/16/24 Update: Will be in court to ask for a public defender for her appeal case. According to motion filed in June, Troconis told the court she is in no financial situation to hire an attorney & she can’t afford fees associated with an appeal. Court paperwork indicates she filed an affidavit laying out her current financial state, but that document isn’t public. The state offered no comment on the motion during the hearing. Court paperwork also indicates her motion for a new trial stems from what she believes were 26 missteps before, and during her trial, including in testimony, evidence presentation, and even as far back as jury selection. A judge has granted Troconis’ motion for a public defender to appeal her conviction in Jennifer Dulos’ disappearance & death.
7/17/24 Update: Attorney Jon Schoenhorn says his attempt to get Troconis released on bond while she appeals her conviction has been denied. Schoenhorn had filed a petition asking the appellate court to review the trial judge’s refusal to set an appeal bond. Appearance by Jennifer Bourn appeal attorney.
8/5/24 Update: The appeal filed August 5, 2024, has been assigned docket number AC 47877, State of Connecticut v. Michelle Troconis. The clerk assigned to this appeal is Attorney Sarah Howard.
9/14/24 Update: Filed Petition for Release by Troconis. "The petition argues that, at the very least, Troconis’ interviews to police should have been excluded from evidence, but ultimately she should have been granted immunity from prosecution. The petition requests the court to vacate Troconis’ judgment & release her from custody within 90 days or a “reasonable period of time.”
*Charged & arrested (3/1/24) & arraigned (3/21/24) with criminal contempt of court (on 2/15/24). Bond $100. Plead not guilty (7/10/24).
Judge Alex Hernandez presiding. Asst. State Attorney Elizabeth Moran & Defense attorney Robert Frost.
Court info from 3/6/24 to 5/8/24 reference post #48 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-71.718361/page-3

7/10/24 Update: Troconis’ hearing on the contempt charge lasted just a couple minutes. A not guilty plea was entered. Troconis’ attorney in her contempt case filed a couple motions. One is for a bill of particulars from the State, meaning a more detailed written statement about the allegations against her to “prepare her defense for trial.” Another motion wants the court to compel the Law & Crime photographer who streamed Troconis’ trial—and who lives in Massachusetts—to testify if this case goes to trial. The prosecutor said she & Troconis’ will be meeting again & hope to have a resolution for the next hearing, which is set for 9/16/24.

TROCONIS UPDATE: Michelle Troconis appeared briefly in court for her contempt case. Assistant State’s Attorney Liz Moran said both sides and Judge Hernandez had a conference this morning. She said no offer was put on the record but they are working towards a resolution.

The big news today is Troconis filed a habeas petition for her release, claiming her constitutional rights were violated in the Jennifer Dulos murder case. I’m working on getting the petition and will post it when I do.
x.com

Next court date is Nov. 13 at 2pm.
@News12CT

@Niner

TROCONIS UPDATE: Michelle Troconis appeared briefly in court for her contempt case. Assistant State’s Attorney Liz Moran said both sides and Judge Hernandez had a conference this morning. She said no offer was put on the record but they are working towards a resolution.

The big news today is Troconis filed a habeas petition for her release, claiming her constitutional rights were violated in the Jennifer Dulos murder case. I’m working on getting the petition and will post it when I do.
x.com

Next court date is Nov. 13 at 2pm.
@News12CT

@Niner
So basically, no punishment for MT for her egregious contempt of court. Why would the court be working towards a resolution, if they had any potential plan to punish her? I mean, what could the resolution possibly be? Are they working towards getting her to apologize for what she did? Are they going to settle on “she accidentally showed the document she shouldn’t have had in the first place”? I mean, come on! Either do something about what she did, or drop it, as they likely ultimately will-but don’t keep kicking it around, hoping people will forget about it. Well guess what? WE won’t forget about it!

MICHELLE TROCONIS UPDATE: Michelle Troconis has filed a habeas petition, claiming her constitutional rights were violated during the Jennifer Dulos investigation. The petition alleges “incompetent counsel” by her initial attorney, Andrew Bowman. Troconis also says her right to due process was violated by then-Stamford State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo, who failed to honor an agreement in exchange for her speaking with police. Troconis is asking the judgement against her be vacated and that she be released from custody. Full filing is attached.

So basically, no punishment for MT for her egregious contempt of court. Why would the court be working towards a resolution, if they had any potential plan to punish her? I mean, what could the resolution possibly be? Are they working towards getting her to apologize for what she did? Are they going to settle on “she accidentally showed the document she shouldn’t have had in the first place”? I mean, come on! Either do something about what she did, or drop it, as they likely ultimately will-but don’t keep kicking it around, hoping people will forget about it. Well guess what? WE won’t forget about it!
"Stamford Advocate" quote: The case was continued to Nov. 13, at which time there may be a disposition or lawyers will be able to schedule a contempt hearing, Moran said.

MICHELLE TROCONIS UPDATE: Michelle Troconis has filed a habeas petition, claiming her constitutional rights were violated during the Jennifer Dulos investigation. The petition alleges “incompetent counsel” by her initial attorney, Andrew Bowman. Troconis also says her right to due process was violated by then-Stamford State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo, who failed to honor an agreement in exchange for her speaking with police. Troconis is asking the judgement against her be vacated and that she be released from custody. Full filing is attached.

What is nonregular food? She hadn't eaten regular food in twelve hours.

That's the highlight reel -- regular food -- Folks. The rest is rubbish.

If she was so set to leave FD and move to Colorado, why didn't she? The only thing thst changed? Two years of torture was over, JFd was gone. Seems like that's the only one thing, so it has to be the on thing that convinced her to stay. JFd was gone. Awful convenient, no?

I'm leaving you.
JFd is gone.
Well, then I'll stay.

Not a stretch to rearrange those.

I'm leaving you.
Unless JFd goes.
JFd goes. MT stays.

MT would have gotten a deal from the State. IF she had been truthful. Forthcoming. She was neither. Her attorney DID advise her well. Be truthful. In any language. Had she been, she'd already have completed her sentence. IMO she IGNORED his counsel and proceeded to lie, misrepresent, mislead. And THAT'S WHY she was charged, tried and convicted. Not her attorney's fault. Not Colangelo's fault. MT's fault.

She is right where she belongs. 3 hots and a cot. Regular food, and a regular cot, no nasty art over her bed.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RLP
Back