Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #10 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not where they have been looking for her so far? I know that sometimes a person is later found in an area that has been previously searched - not sure about this case.

I hate to think of it but maybe a storage unit somewhere? A freezer? But those take more time and by the time he was seen dumping bags in trash cans, he was moving leisurely so I’d say the biggest worry he thought he had was handled by then. I’d say he may have dumped her poor body in the woods to get rid of it as quickly as possible, like down a steep hill where few people would go to look. Parks often have service roads for their workers that are not accessed as often by the general public. Plus, the trucks he and his employee drove may have had four-wheel drive given the weather there and their line of work plus the need to access uneven terrain like for boating. Finally, pickup trucks that look like they mean business aka construction, etc. especially if they have toolboxes or anything in the back like shovels, etc. may not be that notable to many people because they’re ubiquitous in everyday work and maintenance. And as we all know, an air of confidence can go a long way to convince others that an unknown person is indeed authorized to be where he or she is. One more thing: I wonder if LE found any pieces of a Tyvex suit like those used on some construction projects like with environmental issues. They’re not that expensive, designed to shield you from substances, and readily available. Just some thoughts inspired by the great brainstorming you all have done here.

I wonder if these are LE tactics to see if FD responds in some way and does or goes somewhere out of his pattern since he's being tracked. I wonder if they have access to his credit card and bank records too when they first arrested him.

No boats. There is fencing all around it but people have always found ways to get in. It’s very remote and wooded around the whole area.

I imagine. Wirecutters and then prop the fence back up. Do people grow marijuana on land they don’t own around there? If so, maybe some of them will find her. Now I’m thinking about trail cameras...hunters and wildlife lovers use them a lot. Maybe LE needs to ask people to check those cameras.

IMO/MOO

My apologies if this one has already been mentioned up or downthread:

Re New Canaan area terrain wooded areas Waveny, Lapham Rd, Train station, downtown, etc:

For non locals and/or those who have never personally visited the New Canaan area, the 1997 directed Ang Lee movie The Ice Storm was filmed on location mostly in and around New Cannan, Ct.

The film is based on a novel of the same name by Rick Moody, a NY native but former resident of New Canaan and Darien, Ct, in his youth. Moody, like FD & JD, is also a Brown University graduate (though he likely graduated before FD or JD entered Brown.) While it’s possible these folks might have run into each other in person or online via alumni events or otherwise, presently I’m not aware of any nexus among them other than Brown and the town. No special relevance implied or intended — just an example of the thickly wooded areas and ample footage of how New Canaan is (or was then) arranged.

Moody (like FD) completed his Masters at Columbia, though Moody’s was an MFA (JD went NYU’s Tisch School), rather than FD’s business school MBA.

At any rate, for locals old enough to remember the 1973 ice storm in New Canaan for which the novel and film are titled and from which both works draw considerable tonal, structural, and thematic inspiration, there is much to appreciate here. I know and respect that not everyone is a fan of this work or its location filing, and that, as fiction, of course considerable liberties were taken.

Nevertheless, local or non, or perhaps (such as I was) once local though long since so, the film may provide you with a good visual sense or reminder of how wooded and sparsely housed much of this area is, how it remains in some ways a bedroom community of NYC yet a community unto itself, and how domestic events that so deeply gouge the personal lives and suburban relationships of families can intersect and publicly reverberate; shattering and unmooring a community’s sense of self and sense of safety, much as this non-fiction real time tragedy of JD’s “disappearance” and presumed murder has gut punched, horrified, and heartbroken her family, her friends, LE, and the community.

New Canaan and surrounding movie locations that appear in The Ice Storm discussed at this link:
Reel to Real Movie and TV Locations: The Ice Storm (1997)

It’s a beautifully filmed movie IMO, which depicts New Canaan back in the day, were the day 1997, in New England style of the 1970s.

Perhaps this will aid in triggering some location ideas and memories about search locations to try for JD, for those among you who have moved away from Ct.

Grasping at straws now. So much want for this bright beautiful kind and loving mother, daughter, sister, friend, and neighbor to be found, and for the best peace and healing possible for this family to be as constructively as possible achieved.

This is something that has been bugging me (a lot)! I know it is going to sound dumb for me to ask - but here goes...They have FD and MT on camera and have retrieved bags of trash with JD's blood (that they were disposing of). Why can't they not lock them up again - and hold them there??? What possible explanation could they have given for dumping bags with items that have JD blood - that would get them out of jail so quickly? This really bugs me - probably more so; because JD has been missing and not found - while FD and MT are out free...color me - confused.

Two days ago it says it will end this week. Yesterday's article said it will end next week. Then this morning they say on twitter it will end today. And now "near future".
My goodness... this vacillating is nutty. Crossing fingers! I’m with all of you longing for that day they arrest FD and MT! Can hardly wait!

This is something that has been bugging me (a lot)! I know it is going to sound dumb for me to ask - but here goes...They have FD and MT on camera and have retrieved bags of trash with JD's blood (that they were disposing of). Why can't they not lock them up again - and hold them there??? What possible explanation could they have given for dumping bags with items that have JD blood - that would get them out of jail so quickly? This really bugs me - probably more so; because JD has been missing and not found - while FD and MT are out free...color me - confused.
Not dumb at all! Go back to post #30 and listen to a former DA sum up the case. It's quite good.

900 tips (!) is encouraging. Weren’t they only at 400 tips less than two weeks ago?
Wondering what they are!
I wonder if these are LE tactics to see if FD responds in some way and does or goes somewhere out of his pattern since he's being tracked. I wonder if they have access to his credit card and bank records too when they first arrested him.
NP must be losing his mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member