Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #6 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@afitzy
“WOW and OMG! Throwing down so early in the process is interesting strategy IMO. Not so sure about the phrase, "...powerful reason to doubt FD was even at the scene".... Looks like they are going to try to blame some 'invisible to be named later player' IMO.”

Sorry - I cut and pasted bc can’t respond in other thread. It’s the SOD (some other dude) defense.

What stood out to me (maybe just having legal experience with wording) was his basically saying, “You can’t PROVE he did it.” That’s far different than, “He didn’t do it.”

My thoughts RE MT not being in NC that morning - SO?! Idk abt CT law, but in FL, you can actively plan a murder, not actually do the deed, not even do a clean up, and be guilty of murder. The Mike Williams murder comes to mind. Wife and BFF planned husband’s murder, BFF does the deed, wife didn’t ever know the details or where he was (requested he didn’t tell her), long story short, BFF AND wife are in prison, guilty of murder. Here, it is required to show “an act in furtherance” aka more than just saying, “Will not someone rid me of that troublesome priest?” The wife’s “act” was not acting - she knew when the murder would occur, and sent him off to his death (she called it off once previously - told him to stay home). So, my question is, without a conspiracy charge in CT, what is required to charge MT if she wasn’t present during the crime?

iirc, didn't he claim self-defense?

MOO
Yes. The actual claim can be anything - aliens dropped her in my yard and I was scared. I was meaning the disposal. It was a case where he fully admitted to dismemberment and disposal, but the jury felt the state didn’t prove a murder occurred. Here, state has evidence of disposal, so attorney is saying, “Yeah, but you can’t prove he was in NC...”

If FD lawyers say he shouldn’t have given up his cell phone
would all the gps tracking be ruled inadmissible

That was the case up until last year when the new tax laws went into effect. Now she can collect income overseas and not pay US income taxes.
If she were to have renounced citizenship, it would have been before last year. If she didn’t, good news for her if she goes free?

ONLY ON .@FOX61News: Fotis Dulos' attorney, Norm Pattis, tells .@FOX61News he believes his client has a solid alibi and plans to plead not guilty at Stamford Superior Court this morning on charges related to the disappearance of his estranged wife, #JenniferDulos.

newsbell on Twitter

Has it been discussed that a drone saw MT leading investigators in the wooded area behind the home? And also, her attorney said that MT gave a videoed statement which would lead to believe she told what she knows, saw or did.

Pattis would be handsomely paid back with other criminal clients, who had actual money to pay him - to get them off..if this case turns out well for NP and his client..

You know they are going with the; No body, no crime, my client wasn't there, here's my alibi...and this guy can walk. We have seen this before.

So, here's hoping JD is found soon before all evidence is gone...but by FD attitude and that of MT, they know she won't be found...

Casey Anthony got away with it..it happens. Reasonable doubt..is all too real..Scary...
And Pattis thinks it is "noble" to get a wife-abusing lying murderer off on that basis -- I will never understand that mentality, and yes I know our legal system depends on everyone having the right to defense, but I think a lawyer who knows his client committed murder (and come on, let's get real here) should get him to plea bargain and own up to his guilt, not try to evade justice. I still have great hope that FD will go to prison for life.

To me, the only third party who could have murdered JD and framed Dulos, would be a person who knows: that they were divorcing; that it was mighty contentious; that JD was afraid of FD and potential physical violence; and that not only would FD have no way to truly prove that he was somewhere (anywhere) else to be at that time, but that FD would later be video’d leaving 30 bags of evidence containing JD’s blood in North Hartford. And dumping doctored license plates (that had belonged to FD several years before).

I think everyone in FD’s orbit knew what he was-that’s why nobody bonded him out, that’s why all of his business contacts and partners ran from him, and why all of his friends dropped him on his social media. Everybody had an inkling of what he was about. I’m sure not all thought he would be capable of murder, but I bet there are some people who are not surprised. At all.
I suspect among those not surprised is his former lawyer who could no longer represent him. He saw the abuse and the rage and the personality defects in FD.

@afitzy
“WOW and OMG! Throwing down so early in the process is interesting strategy IMO. Not so sure about the phrase, "...powerful reason to doubt FD was even at the scene".... Looks like they are going to try to blame some 'invisible to be named later player' IMO.”

Sorry - I cut and pasted bc can’t respond in other thread. It’s the SOD (some other dude) defense.

What stood out to me (maybe just having legal experience with wording) was his basically saying, “You can’t PROVE he did it.” That’s far different than, “He didn’t do it.”
ITA. But, as we all know, it's on the prosecutor to prove it.

And, I think LE is saying to the prosecutor, "Don't worry. We got what you need."

Hopeful thinking on my part, perhaps, but I think FD will be proven guilty (provided he is guilty, which I happen to think he is).

jmopinion at the moment

ONLY ON .@FOX61News: Fotis Dulos' attorney, Norm Pattis, tells .@FOX61News he believes his client has a solid alibi and plans to plead not guilty at Stamford Superior Court this morning on charges related to the disappearance of his estranged wife, #JenniferDulos.

newsbell on Twitter
I cannot wait to hear the alibi.

jmo

I cannot wait to hear the alibi.

jmo
Same. I'm guessing they're going to try and insinuate that since MT wasn't there, FD was with her. Maybe his phone was dead, so it becomes he said, she said. Hopefully it isn't anything stronger, but I would think FD thought ahead on this. Like others have suggested, maybe she had his phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member