Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great summary! What's interesting about the possible options for the 23rd and 24th for FD/MT is that no matter what was done it most likely involved quite a bit of road time driving between Farmington and NC and back again IMO-72.3 miles from Hartford to NC.

FD is a math guy and I wonder if he gave any thought to the probability of being caught on CCTV at any time along his route either to or from NC? Did he think that setting up EE with the truck in NC would be sufficient to get him off the hook and away from the radar of LE? It looks like LE took this piece off the chessboard weeks ago. Not sure what FD is left with at this point in terms of alibi as KM seems to cagey when asked if he will say where FD was on the morning of the 24th?

Or, did FD/MTand/or accomplice try to scope out the route to eliminate being captured on CCTV? Can this even be done in this day and age when traveling 72.3 miles each way from Hartford to NC? I'm not sure it can be done.

How many FD and/or MT digital captures do LE have on CCTV either in the days before, day of or days after JD went missing? My guess is quite a few and I hope at trial we are treated to a video montage of it all!

MOO
There are parts of this I still can't explain or make sense of but I think he traded trucks with employee, parked employee's truck at 80 MS sometime before (maybe MT's Jeep was hidden here as well), used the back exit/power line path to leave 4 JC very, very early...like before 6:00 AM on the 24th, retrieved employee's truck at 80 MS, headed to NC, either parked employee's car on street at JD's home with point being she wouldn't recognize it, he either hid in open garage or ambushed her after she pulled in, walking right up and in as she closed the door, somehow got her suburban to park (maybe with help from MT), pulled employee's truck right into garage, loaded her body into it, cleaned up, drove to 80 MS, pulled right into garage, sent MT to return purse and be seen in store, did the unspeakable deed which required the trash bags and more cleaning, took employee's car to be washed in case of evidence, had employee return so they could swap trucks back again, loaded the bags and MT in, and headed for Albany Avenue. I think he didn't care if his truck was seen in NC that day because he would just explain it away that employee was working on Sturbridge house. If that point got pressed further /questioned or the employee wouldn't lie and hide fact FD had his truck, I fully believe FD was prepared to send him up the river as a scape goat and offer up that he is the one that did it, he had some beef with JD, "Just look and see if you see a red truck in the vicinity of Wells Lane that day detectives...I'm telling you...he ambushed her," etc. etc. Maybe when employee realized what was going on is when he retained an attorney who has said he has cooperated completely with LE and is not a suspect. And then there is the fact if he somehow knew about those Dr. Appointments he mistakenly thought it would be hours before anyone would realize she was gone. I know there are holes and things still missing or out of place but something along the lines of this is what I think happened.

• Fotis Dulos, 51, allegedly offered his home up for the use of his attorney and the lawyer's wife so that they could be 'intimate'
  • It's claimed Dulos called Kent Mawhinney's wife multiple times in a bid to save their marriage, including two days before his own wife disappeared
  • Jennifer Dulos vanished on May 22 after dropping the couple's kids off at school, she has not been seen since nor her body discovered
  • Dulos and now ex-girlfriend Michelle Troconis are out on bail after being charged with evidence tampering and hindering prosecution
  • Mawhinney's wife believed the lawyer and Dulos wanted to 'get rid of her' too
  • The information came to light after Mawhinney violated a protective order filed by his wife by asking Dulos to contact her
Estranged husband of missing Jennifer Dulos offered his home as a sex pad to fix lawyer's marriage | Daily Mail Online

Judge denied restraining order for KM
Judge Robert Nastri also did not allow Mawhinney’s wife to discuss her interactions with Fotis Dulos. Nastri agreed with Mawhinney’s attorney, Jeremy Donnelly, that the conversations were hearsay.
After listening to her testimony, Nastri denied the woman’s request for a restraining order, ruling there was no immediate danger, since the incidents happened months ago.

Attorney: Fotis Dulos tried to lure woman to his home days before wife vanished
I'm speechless. Thank you for all the great sleuthing and links to breaking news and court documents.

This just happened today? If so, this ruling is absolutely outrageous. Her lawyer should take an immediate appeal. In light of what is known, This decision was a no brainer. Maybe CT does have more of a "good ole boy" network than what I previously believed, because IMO this conclusion is indefensible!

MOO MOO MOO....but THIS is exactly why this *guy* is out on bail, and all his cronies, too. good ole boys, indeed. all covering each others *ss's. the lack of restraining order says it all, (to me), bc it's absolutely insane at this point in the game they are all playing. how terrifying for these families. can you imagine the fear they live in daily? shame.

New Canaan Tax Records

IMO, PN is the first of FD's associates mentioned in WS to have valuable local Westport connections. Perhaps FD did indeed began FORE with lofty ambitions of cracking the elite Fairfield County market (see Hemlock and Sturbridge properties, Block Island). Was JD's move to New Canaan, her quip that that is where successful people are, did that grate on FD's nerves when unsold Farmington properties were piling up? The architectural aesthetics are the same but only in New Canaan can you see fantastic appreciation like Sturbridge purchased 7/2017 for $1.5 mm listing today at $4 mm as a "2019 new build". Guess an older mansion was razed to make room for a newer mansion. Funny how the world is learning about CT's not so subtle regional differences. When property values can reach astronomical heights, when entire life savings are tied up in the home, as is the case with many locals, can you expect behavior that protects property values at all costs? And how does the type of new neighbor, one who might consider moving into New Canaan after all this publicity, reflect on community values, I mean ethical as well as property? MOO.
BBB. I don't have much faith in people. IME, most are shallow and self-absorbed. A big ethics shortage. A lot of lip service to ethics though.Tying up entire life savings into one of these cookie cutter mansions is foolhardy. And just plain weird. MOO.

What someone says to a witness outside of court. "Mary told me she was going to the store" is hearsay because the witness is saying what someone said. There are many, many ways around the hearsay rule, however, including statements made in furtherance of a criminal conspiracy. It would seem there would have been a way to find that testimony admissible.

I understand...KM’s stbx’s interaction with FD looks a little different to me. I wonder if she has the phone records of him contacting her? Since she barely knew him, what could have been his reason for contacting her?

I haven't been on here for a while but I'm pretty sure LE can find "Fudge" who is surely known in this somewhat small community of users. They'll find the knife. If the knife can be traced to JD or FD's home or person, the case is a slam dunk. From what I understand, there is footage of the DD pulling it from the trash and if the footage also shows FD putting trash in that same dumpster earlier, then slam dunk. Even if the footage doesn't show FD at this precise dumpster, if her clothing and blood was found in the dumpster and there is footage of FD dumping at the dumpsters further away from that dumpster, slam dunk. I can't imagine why LE hasn't arrested FD by now.

OJ Simpson was a slam dunk, wasn’t it?
I’m for getting the rest of the case put together. The wait is frustrating. But LE wants to make it airtight.

Last edited:
From Courant
This case gets more bizarre by the day," Pattis said Tuesday. "Ms. Mawhinney’s crazy allegations are why the family courts are regarded with such suspicion. As to Mr. Mawhinney, he knows where he was and when. I am confident he will testify truthfully when placed under oath.”

Pattis also has said that Dulos received a phone call from a friend in Greece on the morning of May 24 and that phone records have verified that call.
KM's mug shot photo looks nothing like his law firm website photo!

Regarding “partners,” just because KM was married doesn’t necessarily mean that he didn’t attend something alone OR with a “very good friend.” It’s been quite a week so my brain is whirring wildly but you know...where was MT? Even if no relation to this issue, I would not be surprised if MT sometimes did socialize with JD and FD “undercover” with some other guy. That’s a story that’s been told before in this world. MOO.

I know a guy who used to have his girlfriend go places where he and his wife would be, with a “date”. And know of a local high profile horseman who would attend fancy functions with his wife, and his girlfriend would be at another table. WTH is wrong with some men?

Twitter
Dave Altimari (@davealtimari) on Twitter
Kent Mawhinney is more than just a side character in the Dulos case. He was supposed to be a key part of Fotis Dulos’ alibi.
Now that Mawhinney seems to have gotten amnesia as to where he was on the morning of May 24th he’s become a liability not a potential asset for Dulos. I doubt he ever gets called as a witness in this case now.

Last edited:
There are parts of this I still can't explain or make sense of but I think he traded trucks with employee, parked employee's truck at 80 MS sometime before (maybe MT's Jeep was hidden here as well), used the back exit/power line path to leave 4 JC very, very early...like before 6:00 AM on the 24th, retrieved employee's truck at 80 MS, headed to NC, either parked employee's car on street at JD's home with point being she wouldn't recognize it, he either hid in open garage or ambushed her after she pulled in, walking right up and in as she closed the door, somehow got her suburban to park (maybe with help from MT), pulled employee's truck right into garage, loaded her body into it, cleaned up, drove to 80 MS, pulled right into garage, sent MT to return purse and be seen in store, did the unspeakable deed which required the trash bags and more cleaning, took employee's car to be washed in case of evidence, had employee return so they could swap trucks back again, loaded the bags and MT in, and headed for Albany Avenue. I think he didn't care if his truck was seen in NC that day because he would just explain it away that employee was working on Sturbridge house. If that point got pressed further /questioned or the employee wouldn't lie and hide fact FD had his truck, I fully believe FD was prepared to send him up the river as a scape goat and offer up that he is the one that did it, he had some beef with JD, "Just look and see if you see a red truck in the vicinity of Wells Lane that day detectives...I'm telling you...he ambushed her," etc. etc. Maybe when employee realized what was going on is when he retained an attorney who has said he has cooperated completely with LE and is not a suspect. And then there is the fact if he somehow knew about those Dr. Appointments he mistakenly thought it would be hours before anyone would realize she was gone. I know there are holes and things still missing or out of place but something along the lines of this is what I think happened.

Except that he can’t say that his own truck was in NC because the EE had it, and then say that EE must have killed JD because his red truck was nearby. He would be putting two trucks, hence two drivers who both live in or close to Hartford in NC that morning. I think the red truck being near JD’s place was simply to avoid his own truck from being spotted there. I think FD was hoping that LE’s blame would naturally shift to EE (because I do think FD was trying to implicate him), without FD having to say so-and I still think FD meant to be long gone before it was figured out, and before he ever had to answer any questions.

No problem.

The house is so far off the road, it could not be seen from the road anyway, even before FD neglected the property.

Thanks to TheKirbyFamily, we now know that we cannot see a well defined driveway either.

Just go to the drive way and mailbox of 590 Deercliff Road and turn around to the other side of the road.

That is exactly where the driveway should be.

Note picture below. 585 is on the left and 590 is on the right.

This pic is from October 2013 and the driveway of 585 Deercliff will not look as well defined, now.

Keep up the great sleuthing.

With a MOO MOO here and a MOO MOO there.
Thanks. I meant that I searched online. I know I saw a picture of the house when he was trying to sell it as is in 2016.

I understand...KM’s stbx’s interaction with FD looks a little different to me. I wonder if she has the phone records of him contacting her? Since she barely knew him, what could have been his reason for contacting her?
Quid pro quo?
IIRC she brought a friend to their meeting and when things didn't go FD's way, he left abruptly. IMO he made his half hearted effort in order to hold up his end of the bargain.
MOO, MOO, MOO

Twitter
Dave Altimari (@davealtimari) on Twitter
Kent Mawhinney is more than just a side character in the Dulos case. He was supposed to be a key part of Fotis Dulos’ alibi.
Now that Mawhinney seems to have gotten amnesia as to where he was on the morning of May 24th he’s become a liability not a potential asset for Dulos. I doubt he ever gets called as a witness in this case now.

Welp, that answers that question. Oops.

It's all now public. I believe that's why they filed for the restraining order for something that was months old. Simply to make it public. There's so much publicity on it now, he doesn't need a restraining order to stay away.

See? I am dense-I couldn’t figure that out

194.00 08/07/2019 D REPLY
Document.gif
newred.gif

to Objection to Motion to Post Bond
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17490807

This just happened today? If so, this ruling is absolutely outrageous. Her lawyer should take an immediate appeal. In light of what is known, This decision was a no brainer. Maybe CT does have more of a "good ole boy" network than what I previously believed, because IMO this conclusion is indefensible!

I too hope there’s an appeal on the restraining order, for this woman’s safety. Given the record, statistically the KM wife is at high risk. Maybe somebody should alert the judge or at least her attorney to this set of facts:

“At one point, she said, Mawhinney put his hands around her neck and squeezed, hurting her but not cutting off her oxygen, before she pushed him off her.
Klein reported that he and another officer saw a dark discoloration on the woman’s neck consistent with a bruise. But Mawhinney isn’t charged under any of Connecticut’s strangulation statutes, all of which require that the offender impede the victim’s ability to breathe or restrict the victim’s blood circulation."
Lawyer in SWindsor spousal rape case says woman consented

"victims who have been choked once are 750 percent more likely to be killed by their abusers, and that choking is considered a strong predictor of homicide."

Expert: Choking strongly predicts homicide

"Strangulation inhabits a category all its own in domestic violence as a marker of lethality. A kick, a punch, a slap, a bite — none of these, though terrible, portend homicide like strangulation does."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8fe16f247bbe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tessi417