Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fast forward a bit too and his trip into the city to see/take the children is something that seems delusional to me too? I am curious to know whether he had the court authorized supervisor with him when he went to pick up the children in the city? Haven't heard any description of who was with him the day he was turned away by the 'armed guards' at GF apt.

He seems fixated on a goal (in this case picking up children) to the exclusion of understand much about the currect reality (JD missing/murdered, NCPD interest etc.).

With the benefit of hindsite this all looks positively delusional IMO. Did he think that he would simply pick up the children, pick up MT and her daughter and ride off into the sunset?

MOO
This is one of the reasons I know he is guilty. In his mind, he had already gotten rid of his child custody "problem" once he killed JD. I truly think he was delusional enough to believe that with JD was missing, he was going to cruise into NY and claim possession of those kids. He thought, as the only available parent, Judge Heller was going to agree he was presumptively entitled to his children. After all, in a typical divorce, if one parent goes missing, the other parent gets custody.

While in the case, NP even filed a motion to dismiss, essentially claiming that there was no longer an issue of who should have the children. This motion would have allowed the court to rule in his client's favor without FD ever having to testify. FD truly thought that with JD missing, GF would be ordered to return the children to him.

FD did not count on the incredible resolve of GF to do everything in her power to keep those poor kids away from him. She must be an amazing woman because, as she was mourning the certain knowledge that her daughter was gone, she was using every available resource to make sure FD's plan failed. As soon as FD showed up to demand his spoils, GF must have also known to the core of her being that he had killed her daughter. The fact that she exhibited such restraint when he showed up, not once but twice, to her apartment is indicative of her strength of character.

Last edited:
Someone asked about FDs right hand man at Fore Group and his wife M. - she was mentioned in JDs Patch Blog
This is the right hand man
FORE GROUP, INC. V. NISENSON, PETER ET AL
FORE GROUP, INC. V. NISENSON, PETER ET AL Court Case Details

New Canaan Tax Records

IMO, PN is the first of FD's associates mentioned in WS to have valuable local Westport connections. Perhaps FD did indeed began FORE with lofty ambitions of cracking the elite Fairfield County market (see Hemlock and Sturbridge properties, Block Island). Was JD's move to New Canaan, her quip that that is where successful people are, did that grate on FD's nerves when unsold Farmington properties were piling up? The architectural aesthetics are the same but only in New Canaan can you see fantastic appreciation like Sturbridge purchased 7/2017 for $1.5 mm listing today at $4 mm as a "2019 new build". Guess an older mansion was razed to make room for a newer mansion. Funny how the world is learning about CT's not so subtle regional differences. When property values can reach astronomical heights, when entire life savings are tied up in the home, as is the case with many locals, can you expect behavior that protects property values at all costs? And how does the type of new neighbor, one who might consider moving into New Canaan after all this publicity, reflect on community values, I mean ethical as well as property? MOO.

Kent was looking for a Clark. Sorry, buddy - you got a Fotis.
From Courant
This case gets more bizarre by the day," Pattis said Tuesday. "Ms. Mawhinney’s crazy allegations are why the family courts are regarded with such suspicion. As to Mr. Mawhinney, he knows where he was and when. I am confident he will testify truthfully when placed under oath.”

Pattis also has said that Dulos received a phone call from a friend in Greece on the morning of May 24 and that phone records have verified that call.

And the best for last:

Remember someone asking about the possibility of their being private garbage service at the site? Directly next to the Spanish restaurant which shares the building with the store are two large trash dumpsters. There is also another trash can that the man with the bike is standing by. It looks a little different from the city ones but I can't really tell. Those "dumpsters" made me think. Going all the way back to the days of Manson and his girls dumpster diving for food...I don't think people call someone looking in a trash can a dumpster diver, doesn't that usually imply someone has climbed inside the dumpster and is moving things about as they dig? I could be wrong here but did LE, the media, or just us here call him a dumpster diver? Remember when we were discussing here why anyone would put a bloody pillow and knife in just a trash can? Or why someone like drug guy would just reach into a garbage can without being able to see what he was grabbing? Maybe that's because the pillow and knife weren't in a trash can but instead in one of these dumpsters. Maybe drug guy wasn't reaching blindly into a trash can but was fully inside the dumpster. Does anyone know if LE, the media, or if it was just us here that used the terms "dumpster diving" or "dumpster diver?" Because if it was said by LE or a quote from them was given to the media,meant I'd be willing to bet it was done to send a message to FD that we know it all...even what you put in the dumpster. Then again and according to Patti's, maybe there wasn't all these stops with bags deposited at various garbage cans, maybe it was just the dumpsters that had it all in them. Or maybe other stops were made as setup/decoy stops. In MOO.
Did you notice whether the yellow plastic in front of the dumpster was yellow crime tape? If so, those dumpsters were marked off for some reason.

Maybe the Judge is thinking that since KM is an Attorney, that surely, an Attorney would not do the things KM is accused of since he would know what the consequences would be?

MOO MOO and MOO
The comment that the Judge made that I am still processing is that:
Attorney: Fotis Dulos tried to lure woman to his home days before wife vanished

"...After listening to her testimony, Nastri denied the woman’s request for a restraining order, ruling there was no immediate danger, since the incidents happened months ago". [BBM]

A restraining order would have allowed the woman to go directly to court officials to seek help if it was violated, Zelotes said. Under a criminal protective order, police and prosecutors have a say on whether the offender violated the court order.

“This is a reasonable step to ensure her safety,” Zelotes told the judge. “Fotis Dulos shows up and he tries to lure my client to his home. A few days later, his wife goes missing. The rape alone was more than sufficient reason for a restraining order, but when you add this chain of events it’s very reasonable.”

Soon after he filed for divorce in January, Mawhinney was charged with sexual assault in a spousal or cohabiting relationship, second-degree unlawful restraint and disorderly conduct, according to online state judicial records.

A few months later, the woman called police about a man who showed up at her home with a crowbar and a gas can, court documents state. The woman believed the man was hired by her husband to harm her, according to court documents.

The man was connected to Mawhinney, who told police he asked him about six months earlier to fix the garage door, court documents state. No arrests were made. [BBM]

South Windsor Police Blotter (Jan. 23)

SOUTH WINDSOR, CT - South Windsor arrest log:
Just a random sampling of crime in South Windsor on the day KM was arrested.

KM was released on $5,000 surety for unlawful restraint and second degree sexual assualt. He wasn't even held overnight to offer some cool off time period and safety zone for his STBX so far as I can tell.

Clarence Braun, 33, of Moodus, Conn., was charged with three counts of fourth-degree larceny and three counts of violation of probation. He was held on $10,000 surety bond and was presented in Manchester Superior Court Jan. 22.

James Gracie, 28, of South Windsor, was charged with second-degree failure to appear. He was held on $2500 surety bond and presented in Manchester Superior Court Jan. 21.

Kent Mawhinney, 53, of South Windsor, was charged with disorderly conduct, unlawful restraint and second-degree sexual assault. He was released on $5000 surety and scheduled to appear in Manchester Superior Court Jan. 22.

Pattis also entered the fray on this situation as according the the HC he was quoted as saying, “Really? It sound like she read the stories about the Jennifer Dulos disappearance and wanted her 15 minutes of fame," Pattis said Wednesday. "That’s just ridiculous.”

I really question whether Pattis has any kind of moral compass at all if this is what is said about a DV victim in fear and potentially being targeted by her STBX and FD and attempting to get a protective order after reporting that she was sexually assaulted by her STBX.

MOO:mad:

Last edited:
No restraining order? No words.

MOO MOO MOOO
This just happened today? If so, this ruling is absolutely outrageous. Her lawyer should take an immediate appeal. In light of what is known, This decision was a no brainer. Maybe CT does have more of a "good ole boy" network than what I previously believed, because IMO this conclusion is indefensible!

Kent was looking for a Clark. Sorry, buddy - you got a Fotis.
So funny. I thought you were going to say Doofus!

Weren't you the one to bring this great word in the other night? I've been throwing it around right and left and colleagues finally told me enough already with the Doofus references! So, I will use it here!

MOO

Fotis Dulos’ lawyer refuses to say whether he was with Dulos the day missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Farber Dulos disappeared
Fotis Dulos’ lawyer refuses to say whether he was with Dulos the day missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Farber Dulos disappeared. ⁦
But Kent D. Mawhinney, who represents Dulos in a variety of matters, declined to comment Tuesday when asked if he was at Dulos’ Farmington home on May 24, the day Farber Dulos was reported missing. Mawhinney also declined to comment on whether he has been interviewed by state police investigators about where he was on that day.
@hartfordcourant
⁩’s ⁦
@davealtimari
⁩ and ⁦
@daowens
⁩ report.
Wow! Folks here have been predicting this man would be FD's alibi! It seems to me, however, he is absolutely DONE as a credible witness. Let's see, the same attorney who conspired with FD to knowingly and intentionally violate an order of protection is going to be seen as a credible witness? Hahahaha...Surely, someone on the defense team knows about "Impeachment 101"-folks who commit cries together have every motive to lie to protect one another!

Last edited:
This just happened today? If so, this ruling is absolutely outrageous. Her lawyer should take an immediate appeal. In light of what is known, This decision was a no brainer. Maybe CT does have more of a "good ole boy" network than what I previously believed, because IMO this conclusion is indefensible!
Yes, I'm hope the same DV organization that spoke out on the JD case in Family Court will issue a press release on this situation. Between the $5,000 bond for 2nd degree assault and immediate release, no arrest when the guy with the crow bar and gas can show up at her house and now the Judge's ruling for no protective order, I'm not sure if this Judge simple didn't have a chance to read the 7/19 DV report that was just released by his boss!

Its discouraging that this is where CT is on these issues.

MOO:mad::(

I thought I read 2010-but I have to try and find where I read it. I hope it’s a “reputable source”.
Wow-looks to me like the legal professionals stick together. Is that really the definition of hearsay?
What someone says to a witness outside of court. "Mary told me she was going to the store" is hearsay because the witness is saying what someone said. There are many, many ways around the hearsay rule, however, including statements made in furtherance of a criminal conspiracy. It would seem there would have been a way to find that testimony admissible.

Just because someone calls you, you don’t have to talk, just set the phone down and do what you need to do. The person in Greece can do the same. Then at a preset time, both hang up the phone. Who said the parties actually “talked”.

The Timing of that call is relevant though.

We have determined in earlier threads that if FD left 4JC on the morning of May 24th, he would have had to leave by 6:30am to be at JD's by 8:00 am.

We can conclude this by the fact that JD had appointments in NYC that morning and would have had to leave between 9:00 am and 9:15 am to be her usual and punctual self for an 11:00 am appointment. Many have said she is always Early.

So, the attack had to have happened after the 8:00 am school drop off and before JD's 9:00 am or 9:15 am departure for NYC.

As I have noted before, FD would not have taken the chance that JD might not come back Out of the house if he did not get there Before she went Into the house, after the school drop off.

IMO, he wanted to attack in the Garage for the ease of clean up as opposed to cleaning furniture, curtains, cabinets, decor, wood floors, and rugs on those floors, etc.

So, IMO, FD was there and waiting for JD to come home after school drop off and made his move then.

We can also conclude that the attack took place immediately upon her return from school drop off, because JD was still in her Vineyard Vines shirt when attacked. MOO

VV is very practical for a busy mom on the go, but I would believe that JD came back home to change and get ready for her appointments in NYC. She may have also had to pack for the over night visit with GF.

I would think FD would be so excited to be in NC, that he would have left 4JC no later than 6:00 am on May 24th, knowing how traffic can be at that time of the morning. Even on a holiday weekend that still had children in school that day.

Some have even thought that he spent the night at Sturbridge in NC so as to be up and ready.

With that timeline, we can determine that FD was Not at 4JC when the call was to have taken place the morning of May 24th.

So, someone would have had to answer the home phone, at least, and then just lay the phone down. MT or ????

Of course, we have also discussed call forwarding.

FD could have left his cell phone at 4JC to ping there all morning.

Then he could have the phone calls to his home phone, forwarded to a burner phone, including the call from Greece.

Either way, the Greece phone call will be on the home phone's record with the home phone provider.

There is also the original statement that FD was meeting with his attorney at 4JC early of the morning in question.

Umm, let's see???

Which attorney would that be, that could provide FD with an alibi for the time line and also someone to pick up the phone call from Greece?

With a MOO MOO here and a MOO MOO there.

Last edited:
I was trying to determine if LE/media had said that term and if so, might it have been a tell for FD, basically saying we didn't just get the stuff in the cans, we got the dumpsters too...just a thought as I have felt thinly veiled messages have been released throughout this case exactly when LE wishes for them to be. Moo.

You are 'on the money'. Everything has been strategic with LE.

MOO MOO

What someone says to a witness outside of court. "Mary told me she was going to the store" is hearsay because the witness is saying what someone said. There are many, many ways around the hearsay rule, however, including statements made in furtherance of a criminal conspiracy. It would seem there would have been a way to find that testimony admissible.
I agree. Its impossible to know how this was argued as the press reports are so choppy. But from just the SA article it looked like the Judge nipped the entire issue in the bud immediately and shut down the dialog.

I do wonder though what might be going on behind the scenes though amongst these Judges and the State's Atty?

Perhaps the mission in all this renewed interest from the courts in getting MT and FD on the record is simply to turn up the heat a bit rather than roasting them alive at this point!?

IDK, its early days yet in the criminal proceedings but it seems like FD is getting heat in virtually all the cases where he is involved and now a new case with the KM situation and violating a court order. Will we see FD charged in assisting KM to get around a no contact order with his STBX?

The civil case with GF is interesting in particular because that case seemed to be going sideways for such a long time and now it has been refocused and reenergized IMO.

Its hard to tell why all this seems to be happening now, but it certainly is curious.

MOO

This is one of the reasons I know he is guilty. In his mind, he had already gotten rid of his child custody "problem" once he killed JD. I truly think he was delusional enough to believe that with JD was missing, he was going to cruise into NY and claim possession of those kids. He thought, as the only available parent, Judge Heller was going to agree he was presumptively entitled to his children. After all, in a typical divorce, if one parent goes missing, the other parent gets custody.

While in the case, NP even filed a motion to dismiss, essentially claiming that there was no longer an issue of who should have the children. This motion would have allowed the court to rule in his client's favor without FD ever having to testify. FD truly thought that with JD missing, GF would be ordered to return the children to him.

FD did not count on the incredible resolve of GF to do everything in her power to keep those poor kids away from him. She must be an amazing woman because, as she was mourning the certain knowledge that her daughter was gone, she was using every available resource to make sure FD's plan failed. As soon as FD showed up to demand his spoils, GF must have also known to the core of her being that he had killed her daughter. The fact that she exhibited such restraint when he showed up, not once but twice, to her apartment is indicative of her strength of character.

You have said it ALL.

I hope GF got to watch FD being refused by the Security Guards at her door. At least through a video security camera or something along those lines. I can just picture the guards being over 6 feet tall and muscular, with a gun on their hips, and a no nonsense demeanor. LOVE IT.

MOO and MOO

The Timing of that call is relevant though.

We have determined in earlier threads that if FD left 4JC on the morning of May 24th, he would have had to leave by 6:30am to be at JD's by 8:00 am.

We can conclude this by the fact that JD had appointments in NYC that morning and would have had to leave between 9:00 am and 9:15 am to be her usual and punctual self for an 11:00 am appointment. Many have said she is always Early.

So, the attack had to have happened after the 8:00 am school drop off and before JD's 9:00 am or 9:15 am departure for NYC.

As I have noted before, FD would not have taken the chance that JD might not come back Out of the house if he did not get there Before she went Into the house, after the school drop off.

IMO, he wanted to attack in the Garage for the ease of clean up as opposed to cleaning furniture, curtains, cabinets, decor, wood floors, and rugs on those floors, etc.

So, IMO, FD was there and waiting for JD to come home after school drop off and made his move then.

We can also conclude that the attack took place immediately upon her return from school drop off, because JD was still in her Vineyard Vines shirt when attacked. MOO

VV is very practical for a busy mom on the go, but I would believe that JD came back home to change and get ready for her appointments in NYC. She may have also had to pack for the over night visit with GF.

I would think FD would be so excited to be in NC, that he would have left 4JC no later than 6:00 am on May 24th, knowing how traffic can be at that time of the morning. Even on a holiday weekend that still had children in school that day.

Some have even thought that he spent the night at Sturbridge in NC so as to be up and ready.

With that timeline, we can determine that FD was Not at 4JC when the call was to have taken place the morning of May 24th.

So, someone would have had to answer the home phone, at least, and then just lay the phone down. MT or ????

Of course, we have also discussed call forwarding.

FD could have left his cell phone at 4JC to ping there all morning.

Then he could have the phone calls to his home phone, forwarded to a burner phone, including the call from Greece.

Either way, the Greece phone call will be on the home phone's record with the home phone provider.

There is also the original statement that FD was meeting with his attorney at 4JC early of the morning in question.

Umm, let's see???

Which attorney would that be, that could provide FD with an alibi for the time table and also someone to pick up the phone call from Greece?

With a MOO MOO here and a MOO MOO there.

Great summary! What's interesting about the possible options for the 23rd and 24th for FD/MT is that no matter what was done it most likely involved quite a bit of road time driving between Farmington and NC and back again IMO-72.3 miles from Hartford to NC.

FD is a math guy and I wonder if he gave any thought to the probability of being caught on CCTV at any time along his route either to or from NC? Did he think that setting up EE with the truck in NC would be sufficient to get him off the hook and away from the radar of LE? It looks like LE took this piece off the chessboard weeks ago. Not sure what FD is left with at this point in terms of alibi as KM seems to cagey when asked if he will say where FD was on the morning of the 24th?

Or, did FD/MTand/or accomplice try to scope out the route to eliminate being captured on CCTV? Can this even be done in this day and age when traveling 72.3 miles each way from Hartford to NC? I'm not sure it can be done.

How many FD and/or MT digital captures do LE have on CCTV either in the days before, day of or days after JD went missing? My guess is quite a few and I hope at trial we are treated to a video montage of it all!

MOO

From Courant
This case gets more bizarre by the day," Pattis said Tuesday. "Ms. Mawhinney’s crazy allegations are why the family courts are regarded with such suspicion. As to Mr. Mawhinney, he knows where he was and when. I am confident he will testify truthfully when placed under oath.”

Pattis also has said that Dulos received a phone call from a friend in Greece on the morning of May 24 and that phone records have verified that call.

Oh, my, on this statement! Who exactly has been throwing out crazy allegations like they’re, um, trash bags?! How about the part where he says he is confident that KM will testify truthfully under oath (he doesn’t speak truthfully otherwise?). Sounds like whistling in the dark walking past the graveyard at night to me. MOO. My eyes are going to roll out of my head one day in utter disbelief reading the things this man says. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360