Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, also looks more Greek and thinner, like FD.
WOW!.. @Fitzy The picture you found is the woman who was at the hearing....I'm shocked.

This, however, is the picture I found that was on the linked-in resume for Rena Kyrimi:

Big difference...eh? This seems more in line with a 65-66 year-old-woman, IMO.

Maybe the photo you found is her daughter???? Perhaps Greeks name their children after themselves???? Or, some her fortune went to extensive plastic surgery. Beats me...

I think there is a brother in Massachusetts. I don’t know what part of my brain I pull this stuff out of...I’ll find it, though
FD was caught on film at Sturbridge (his New Canaan property on the market), shortly after being released, with an individual who we believe is his cousin. They were filmed getting into and out of a black Ford truck with Massachusetts plates, that we initially thought was the Raptor. Doing his sweep, sweep, sweep, nothing to see here thing.

Based on the plate, someone figured out the car was a rental. No idea if the cousin lives in Mass., but interesting that Sturbridge, MA, is one of the state's more historic places!

I agree with your post. I actually feel badly for FD's sister. What is "relevant" to her is undeniably biased. Just because he did nice things for his immediate family and nephews doesn't mean a thing. And you're probably correct that she sees her brother as a knight in shining armor. He probably does as well. Part of his narcissistic personalty. Shame she doesn't see that if he were anyone's hero, he should be his kid's hero. Rena is in for a rude awakening! MOO, infinity.
All IMO: People with character disorders like FD don't do nice things unless there is a definite reward coming. He didn't move his parents over here because of the love he felt for them. There is ALWAYS a motive for their "good deeds". There is not an altruistic bone in his body. Motive is usually money. They also appear to do selfless acts because it can build good will that will be needed in the future. It puts another person in their debt and then they call in their chips when needed. I don't feel sorry for Rena. She most likely participated in the con game knowingly, IMO. She most likely knows exactly who and what FD is. IME, families DO know but just don't care. She had to know something super shady was/is going on. If she was any good herself and cared about JD or the kids, she would be trying to assist LE or publicly demanding to know what happened to Jennifer. MOO.

@oceancalling, Curious what you think about the warrant language vis a vis the phone?

Seems like LE had reason to believe based on evidence from Welles that FD phone might have evidence related to a crime based on the warrant language. IDK the standard police are held to in order to take a phone though? But the FD warrant was clear that NCPD/State Police then requested and received the proper warrant to access the phone.

On the surface it looks like NCPD followed the correct procedure.

I guess maybe I am not understanding Pattis saying that the phone was "taken" and "not returned" to FD. Pattis said in court that he has stmts from the FD atty that the phone was requested to be returned by the atty at the time.

Would the phone have to be returned if it was requested to be returned, in the event that NCPD had evidence in place suggesting the violent act had occurred at Welles? I'm thinking that State Police had luminol all over Welles by the time the phone situation happened. Would this suspicion from NCPD/State Police be enough to withhold the phone if atty asked for it to be returned? I also wonder if this exchange was all on video at NCPD too?
Even if the phone was seized, but not searched, he loses because probable cause to seize the phone existed. By all accounts, he surrendered the phone on his own volition, just as he went with his lawyer to the police station voluntarily. LE then properly obtained a court ordered warrant for its search.NP will not succeed in challenging either the surrender of the phone or its search IMO.

I think there is a brother in Massachusetts. I don’t know what part of my brain I pull this stuff out of...I’ll find it, though

Lol! I just entirely missed this. I remember a cousin and guys he worked with early on but I don’t recall where they lived. I think I thought Greece on the cousin and NYC on the guys he worked with but I’m not sure at all. MOO.

Jennifer Dulos case: Attorney calls for phone evidence to be thrown out
Jennifer Dulos case: Attorney calls for phone evidence to be thrown out
If he asked for the phone back after a search warrant was obtained, then there will be no grounds to suppress evidence, she said. But if he asked for the phone back before the search warrant was obtained, and was refused, there could be a problem, she said.

“It all hinges on how long before they got the warrant did he ask for it back,” said Paz, who previously worked with Pattis.
Police may be able to claim an exigency due to the fact a woman was missing, she said. The phone was seized “under the belief it contained evidence of a crime and/or information which could lead to the discovery of Jennifer Dulos,” arrest warrants said.
The other issue is the records turned over to police by Fotis Dulos’ cellphone provider, she added. It is unlikely that a judge will rule that the phone records — which in this case police said led to evidence connecting Fotis Dulos to the disappearance — should be suppressed since investigators could have gathered them without the physical phone, she said.
Police obtained search warrants for a forensic review of the phone and for a review of the cellphone records associated with the device, the arrest warrant said. The search warrants in the case are sealed until September. Stamford State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo declined to comment Monday on Pattis’ request for a suppression hearing on the phone.
FD "asking for it back" matters not at all to this 4th Amendment analysis. The lawyer quoted in the article is obviously NP trained. What matters is whether there was a warrant to search the contents of the phone. LE can retain possession of that phone pending issuance of a warrant under a number of well-recognized legal theories, including imminent destruction of evidence. It is the warrant to search that matters, not the timing of FD's request for its return.

There is now a standard in MA that even for just seizure of a phone, there has to be probable cause that the phone is somehow related to the crime. It can't be taken just because people use their cell phones a lot and it probably has evidence of some sort.

To quote Afitzy "Seems like LE had reason to believe based on evidence from Welles that FD phone might have evidence related to a crime based on the warrant language". If that is what the language says, that is a very good point in favor of admissibility, IMO. And VERY smart of LE. Because the seizure and search of phones is an ever evolving thing right now. I wonder how fast LE was able to get location info from the phone itself, if at all. Were location services turned on at all times? Or only at 4JC for alibi purposes? What was gotten faster...phone company records or physical records from the phone itself? Was the tracking to Albany Ave a result of phone records from the cell carrier or the phone itself? If carrier records are what assisted in the Albany Ave tracking, it would still hurt to lose the results of what was found on the phone itself but if the Albany Ave investigation resulted from the physical phone search, it could be trouble. Either way, there will extended motions to toss. IMO.

All IMO: People with character disorders like FD don't do nice things unless there is a definite reward coming. He didn't move his parents over here because of the love he felt for them. There is ALWAYS a motive for their "good deeds". There is not an altruistic bone in his body. Motive is usually money. They also appear to do selfless acts because it can build good will that will be needed in the future. It puts another person in their debt and then they call in their chips when needed. I don't feel sorry for Rena. She most likely participated in the con game knowingly, IMO. She most likely knows exactly who and what FD is. IME, families DO know but just don't care. She had to know something super shady was/is going on. If she was any good herself and cared about JD or the kids, she would be trying to assist LE or publicly demanding to know what happened to Jennifer. MOO.

I agree-Rena is all in, at least with the financial improprieties (maybe not the murder; she may even be shocked that her brother is capable of it, but I think she knows he did it). Sometimes people in other countries don’t have any qualms about stealing from rich people from another culture; it may not even be considered stealing, if you don’t try to stop them. Certainly, HF wouldn’t have loaned money to FD if he thought FD was sending some of the money abroad to support FD’s family. I think the Dulos family thought that if the Farbers were dumb enough to let them, then they deserved the fleecing they were getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member