Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing over from prior thread from @Tink56:

Tink56 said:
Some questions that have been lingering for me....off in some other directions, I apologize....
  • Obviously NP had a minor tantrum after the State's Attorney informed the court that MT did NOT take a lie detector test. Then NP mentioned that the Farber family spokesperson, Carrie Luft, needs to be gagged. That comment left me shaking my head. Luft's comments have been very general, very benign, except she did get Gillian Flynn informed who later made a comment about the absurdity of the Gone Girl reference NP had mentioned for the press. Was NP just frustrated or going off the deep end a bit? Maybe it was being called "disrespectful" that bothered NP....Who knows? Missing mom’s family blasts ‘disrespectful’ suggestion Jennifer Farber Dulos staged her disappearance like ‘Gone Girl’ character
  • I am assuming that the family court issue of having representation for the oldest twins with involve a response from GF's attorney. Will that be settled without a hearing? Can Judge Heller simply make a ruling at this time? Will she need to first rule on GF's motion for custody that is before the court?
  • For the motion for default judgment filed by GF's attorney in an financial area, does this need to be supported by case law? Should we anticipate more filings in the near future?
  • One of the things that REALLY bothered me was the request that the judge "just get the names of the doctors," and, well, "We'll do the rest." This was outrageous IMO, as that would give NP's private investigator a whole list of offices to which he could send the private investigator off to seek a weak link who would leak information to the FD team. I can't believe NP would believe, in his wildest dreams, that the judge could/would grant such a motion. Sometimes, it appears that what NP is saying is designed to placate his client or feed the media. Does that make sense?
Continuing to shake my head. Hope the kids and GF are ensconced in NC preparing for the school year. Hope that NCCS is willing and able to accommodate the children. Their lives must go on...Only good thoughts to GF and nanny and the five individuals most impacted by this situation.

I am just wondering if these children will be going back to NCCS...we know that FD will have no problem going against the judge’s ruling that he has to stay away from the kids and he knows where to find them at NCCS; however, he is forbidden to leave the state of CT, so I think it may be less likely for him to go to NYC to try and find and see them, breaking two of the conditions of his bail. Does anyone know if FD would be arrested if he tries to see the kids at NCCS? I know that he would be if he drove to NYC (he could not pretend it was an accident if he drove there). Just trying to figure out where the line would be drawn, by the various judges and the conditions placed on him.

MOO - unsigned tax returns - I believe once they are signed and submitted (to be relied upon) he is open to official government review / tax evasion, etc. MOO

Why would a bank accept unsigned returns? And can GF and attorneys require that the documents submitted to them be ones which have been signed, and therefore facts that FD has sworn to be true?

I have another question...since FD and JD were not divorced, how would the personal tax return situation work? They were legally separated for part of 2017, all of 2018, and part of 2019, so what would 2017’s return have looked like? I can’t imagine that JD would have signed 2017’s return-and I think I recall that FD didn’t present a return after 2016 for financial documents requested. I assume he didn’t bother filing a return in 2018, although that hasn’t been confirmed. How does all of this work in a contentious divorce? I know someone now who is going through a nasty divorce, and according to her, her husband and their accountant always made her sign the return before it was all filled out-cannot believe this could be true. But it lade me wonder if JD signed returns she didn’t look at. I hope the IRS goes back all of the years that they can.

Excellent-
I would hope you are copying some of your
insightful thoughts to the appropriate authorities.
Seriously, at least write letters to the editors
or spread the word somehow where others of
importance can see what the public sees.
This would be a wonderful contribution in
Jennifer's memory. MOO
Thanks.

I believe LE and GF legal team is 10 steps ahead of whatever small ideas I might have on this sad case of violence and greed!

FO created a web around himself and FORE that LE has no doubt been pulling apart for 3 months now. With the investigative power of the FBI and State authorities IMO there in no delay tactic that FO can use that can save him and FORE. I am concerned that some local banks might have been pulled into this game as they might have been conned with false documents.

We saw in the earlier thread that the Bank Officer from Farmington Bank (now Peoples Bank) SM was deposed and took the 5th in Family Court when asked about the MT/FO loan/mortgage house flip charade. That was just one example of potential games going on with mortgages that could have started as a way to hide assets/cash from JD in the divorce discovery process.

I've posted alot about the FORE finances in part because it helps put random ideas together. When people add on ideas it brings loose ends together and makes it possible to get to a plausible theory I think too.

Since the beginning I've been baffled how FORE/FO ended up with 6 white elephant houses that are not readily salable (NC IMO is salable but still overprices on a SF basis for current market). FO is not stupid (MBA Finance) and we have evidence of the fact that he had rec'd feedback from realtors on the Farmington properties and their associated issues. So, he was well aware of market issues yet still kept on building white elephant properties. Why?

My mistake in thinking about the houses was I was thinking of FORE as a 'going concern' and possible legacy company for FO children. I don't think this was ever the case. FORE was simply a FO vehicle to make and move money beyond the reach of JD/GF. FO built the 6 houses because this is what he needed to do in order to get the money away from JD and out of FORE IMO. It also would have been possible to 'pay' relatives and his sister as an 'architect' for 'services rendered' and extract the maximum amt of cash possible from FORE. It also would have been possible to pay 'friends' and 'trade' and obtain kickbacks and this cash could have been siphoned off as well and hidden from JD.

My suspicion is that FIL money was used to kickstart the building process and then mortgage financing was used to extract more cash from each project. We know FD didn't repay the last of the FIL loans so that money is no doubt long gone and we know also that there are mortgages in place on Sturbridge, 4Jx and possibly others.

FD has had no visible income since FIL passing/beginning of divorce and I believe has had 1 house sale during this period. Yet there has been no visible change in FO lifestyle. We know from Judge Heller ruling that FO contributed zero to childrens welfare/well being so the money wasn't being spent there. We don't fully know if FO was successful in getting JD to pay his legal fees in Family Court. We know that J. PYETRANKER & THE LAW OFFICE OF COHEN & PYETRANKER, PC in 2018 (same Atty that coincidentially was with FO at NCPD when the iPhone was handed to NCPD) petitioned the court in 2018 for JD to pay his fees. JD then filed to have Atty. J. PYETRANKER disqualified. Its unclear if J. PYETRANKER was disqualified but we do know that he no longer represents FO in Family Court.

I just hope GF and State are all over this process of funds moving in/out of FORE and FD personal accounts. My suspicion is that MT was potentially very involved with this process as well and that funds might have gone to Argentina or Miami.

Still trying to put together all the puzzle pieces so any/all ideas are helpful as I think we are close on this topic.

MOO

I am just wondering if these children will be going back to NCCS...we know that FD will have no problem going against the judge’s ruling that he has to stay away from the kids and he knows where to find them at NCCS; however, he is forbidden to leave the state of CT, so I think it may be less likely for him to go to NYC to try and find and see them, breaking two of the conditions of his bail. Does anyone know if FD would be arrested if he tries to see the kids at NCCS? I know that he would be if he drove to NYC (he could not pretend it was an accident if he drove there). Just trying to figure out where the line would be drawn, by the various judges and the conditions placed on him.
Yes, it is believed that FD is not allowed on the campus of NCCS except for parent/teacher meetings. The school has a process for monitoring these court orders and the school regs were posted in prior thread.

If the kids were happy at NCCS last year, IMO, that would be the best placement for this coming year also. They are making enough adjustments without worrying about new friends, unknown routines and teachers.

One concern I see is the school's willingness to deal with the FD issue. I don't know if they have a restricted access campus where it would be easy to turn FD away. Would they have to accommodate him for parent conferences? How concerned are the other parents? How great is the influence of these parents?

It is totally unrealistic to believe that the kids can be contained to home schooling for the forthcoming year. Something will need to change.

MOO....MOO...

Why would a bank accept unsigned returns? And can GF and attorneys require that the documents submitted to them be ones which have been signed, and therefore facts that FD has sworn to be true?

I have another question...since FD and JD were not divorced, how would the personal tax return situation work? They were legally separated for part of 2017, all of 2018, and part of 2019, so what would 2017’s return have looked like? I can’t imagine that JD would have signed 2017’s return-and I think I recall that FD didn’t present a return after 2016 for financial documents requested. I assume he didn’t bother filing a return in 2018, although that hasn’t been confirmed. How does all of this work in a contentious divorce? I know someone now who is going through a nasty divorce, and according to her, her husband and their accountant always made her sign the return before it was all filled out-cannot believe this could be true. But it lade me wonder if JD signed returns she didn’t look at. I hope the IRS goes back all of the years that they can.
All great questions and @minji kim would be perfect to answer as an accountant.

We don't know how integrated the financial lives of FO and JD were unfortunately. I would hope that JD had financial advisors and accountant to assist this process and they took care of the details of tax situation which was no doubt complex. Most of the financial records in family court are sealed and so its not a good source of answers on this issue unfortunately. But the civil case is opening up this issue so we will see. In the civil case GF has asked for tax returns of FO and FORE. So, I wonder if from this we can assume they filed separately from the divorce date onward? IDK. Its an open question I think.

IMO nobody should ever sign an unfinished return as you are putting yourself in a terrible position. The only way to do it is to sign the copy and immediately get a photocopy of the returns to be filed. Otherwise, you have no idea what is being filed or even whether the forms are filed with the proper authorities.

I would like to believe that JD was smart enough to not sign blank or incomplete tax forms. MOO

If the kids were happy at NCCS last year, IMO, that would be the best placement for this coming year also. They are making enough adjustments without worrying about new friends, unknown routines and teachers.

One concern I see is the school's willingness to deal with the FD issue. I don't know if they have a restricted access campus where it would be easy to turn FD away. Would they have to accommodate him for parent conferences? How concerned are the other parents? How great is the influence of these parents?

It is totally unrealistic to believe that the kids can be contained to home schooling for the forthcoming year. Something will need to change.

MOO....MOO...
I agree that NCCS was a supportive and positive environment for the children but would the children communte daily from NYC? Seems unlikely. Also not seeing GF finding a house locally in NC, we know she sold Pound Ridge house and wouldn't bring children back to Welles house.

I also think the buffer of FO not being allowed outside of CT gives some comfort too that the children don't have to have so much security. My guess is that they are in school in the city someplace. The idea of Skype classes and homeschooling is an option but to do this for 5 children is quite an undertaking and I wonder if the psychologist thought it might be better to have them with children their own age and in a school structured setting? IDK, all excellent questions but I have confidence that GF put alot of time and effort into this issue as she spent an entire career working with childrens education. MOO

Bringing over from prior thread from @sleuth66 :

As FD presses to drag the 13 year olds into the fray, factors that hopefully the judge considers, in an article on the public health implications of childhood loss in today’s NYT:

“A child’s response to major loss depends on several factors, including the cause of death, the closeness of the relationship and the child’s developmental stage. Very young children may not yet understand what death means. They’ll come to that awareness later, as their intellect matures. Tweenagers may grasp the concept cognitively but don’t yet have the emotional maturity to manage the feelings that arise. They’ll have to attend to those later. Teenagers have to balance the typical tasks of adolescence with the extraordinary demands of mourning. If overwhelmed by both, they may push one aside for a while, only to revisit it 10 years down the road. Or 20. Or more. This is how childhood grief becomes protracted over a lifetime.

Most of all, early, major loss can derail a life narrative and shatter a child’s sense of safety and assumptions about the future. As Anderson Cooper shared, his father’s death “changed the trajectory of my life. I am a different person than I feel like I was meant to be.”

Opinion | I Couldn’t Say ‘My Mother’ Without Crying

Bringing over from prior thread @Tink56 :

As FD presses to drag the 13 year olds into the fray, factors that hopefully the judge considers, in an article on the public health implications of childhood loss in today’s NYT:

“A child’s response to major loss depends on several factors, including the cause of death, the closeness of the relationship and the child’s developmental stage. Very young children may not yet understand what death means. They’ll come to that awareness later, as their intellect matures. Tweenagers may grasp the concept cognitively but don’t yet have the emotional maturity to manage the feelings that arise. They’ll have to attend to those later. Teenagers have to balance the typical tasks of adolescence with the extraordinary demands of mourning. If overwhelmed by both, they may push one aside for a while, only to revisit it 10 years down the road. Or 20. Or more. This is how childhood grief becomes protracted over a lifetime.

Most of all, early, major loss can derail a life narrative and shatter a child’s sense of safety and assumptions about the future. As Anderson Cooper shared, his father’s death “changed the trajectory of my life. I am a different person than I feel like I was meant to be.”

From Sleuth66's post above:
Tweenagers may grasp the concept cognitively but don’t yet have the emotional maturity to manage the feelings that arise. They’ll have to attend to those later. Teenagers have to balance the typical tasks of adolescence with the extraordinary demands of mourning. If overwhelmed by both, they may push one aside for a while, only to revisit it 10 years down the road. Or 20. Or more. This is how childhood grief becomes protracted over a lifetime.

The portion bolded is absolutely my fear. Too often I've witnessed teenagers refuse counseling following a major loss. IMO, this behavior can cause problems which the kids won't/can't address. They want to continue to live as they lived and won't discuss the loss even with their closest friends. And, friends are usually not equipped to help them mourn anyway.

FD's lament that he has suffered the most is hideous.

It's going to take a village to lift these kids up and help them navigate their lives. NP's public suggestions that their mother left them and framed their father is absolutely unconscionable. I can only hope the judge has the means and ability to gag the idjiot. MOO....

P.S. Thank you so much for finding this article. It confirms what I've seen professionally and observed in other children I've known and with whom I've worked.

Bringing over from prior thread @oceancalling :

He did here. This was the latest.
Lawyer says new records about Jennifer Dulos could be critical in clearing his client’s name
See how he dances around a cohesive narrative, though? "We believe it is not physically possible" to prove FD could murder Jennifer (in some unspecified time frame). "I have a good idea" what certain evidence is going to prove. Deliberately vague language is his dance.

He also claims some unspecified "records" are going to expose a blockbuster, deep dark, secret, but never, ever says what that secret is. Is he now back to claiming revenge suicide? Is he now again implying that Jennifer voluntarily left her children, as if SHE is somehow the one who has orchestrated this entire nightmare? What an absolute mess of an interview, what a mess of a narrative.

FD must be getting angry that he is not viewed as the victim, so it is back to NP blaming JD for her own murder, and making generalized claims that the State cannot "prove" FD's guilt, without ever discussing a single fact that exonerates his client. He is sowing doubt, not establishing innocence.

Again, no defendant is obligated to prove their innocence in a criminal trial. The burden of proof always rests with the State. IME, however, there has to be some explanation for how the State got it wrong. Now, this can be accomplished without the defendant ever taking the stand, as happened in Micheal Jackson, OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony, primarily through cross-examination of the State's own witnesses.

High profile prosecutions can go very, very wrong, IMO because of all of the publicity surrounding them, so NP is following a well-worn playbook of publicly casting doubt on the State's evidence. He is not, however, even attempting to pretend either he or his client care about what actually happened to Jennifer. How very telling is his indifference to her well-being! NP knows Jennifer is dead, and has abandoned any pretense of concern for her. She is once again "the enemy".

I hope the jurors who ultimately decide this case will follow the jury instruction, given in most states, to not confuse generalized speculation with reasonable doubt. NP is working overtime to keep the speculation front and center because that is all he has to work with.

Bringing over from prior thread @enelram :

oceancalling said:
He certainly does know how to pick them, doesn't he? Like seeks like.
I'm convinced FD doesn't exactly have his choice of attorneys to represent him.
Firstly, he's a difficult client. Probably doesn't take his attorney's advice or follow his directions.
Couple that with having limited funds and maybe needing a payment plan (hahaha),
he's really in a pickle so his only choices are
attys. on the down and out. Those who need
a quick buck, aren't too busy in their practice
and will allow FD to pull them along by the nose. Because he will run the show.

these words about FD still give me giggles-
gigolo
loser
payment plan
cosmic atm card
KIA

Bringing over from prior thread @sunshinegirl2013 :

MemPat said:
Many of you sure called this "defense money from the Greeks" scenario correctly:

Jennifer Dulos case: Fotis using funds from Greece to pay lawyers
So FD claims he doesn't know who's paying for his lawyers and the private investigator? Uh huh. What a bunch of bs. I'll bet HE'S the mystery benefactor and it's coming from whatever overseas account(s) he's established for himself (or his family) and funded with money he stole from FORE & intentionally hid from JD/GF. MOO.

Bringing over from prior thread @sleuth66:

citygirl said:
When asked why Dulos was seen dumping bloody sponges in Hartford on the night of Jennifer’s disappearance, Pattis said that’s an anomaly he can’t account for.

Lawyer says new records about Jennifer Dulos could be critical in clearing his client’s name
And that will be an anomaly that FD can’t explain to his kids either. If you were 13 and your mother was missing and your father had been arrested because he was caught on camera dumping your mothers bloody clothes in the trash on Albany Ave the same day her blood was found in your garage, wouldn’t you want an explanation? Wouldn’t a judge want an explanation before deciding on visitation and custody? Especially if that judge has already determined that the father encouraged and caused the children to lie about the missing parent in the past?

Bringing over from prior thread @Curious in CT - Introduced Atty Ford to discussion (his letter is in the civil case motion filed by GF atty which is attached below):

Thank you, @afitzy ! This web just keeps getting more and more tangled than one could expect. Breakfasting with the in-laws today at Le Pain Quotidien, I was trying to explain the WHOLE case to them. They live in Arizona, and somehow it had never crossed their radar. Realized then that it's impossible to explain as an elevator speech!

@curiousinct. He is the latest character to be introduced into FD web. I did a very long post on him with a bunch of articles included. You can search my prior posts to find it but I think it was pg. 62 or 63 from very early Sunday morning. His letter was introduced as Plaintiff evidence/GF in the civil case when he declined FD request to finance MS I believe. The letters used in the civil case have been attached to a few of my prior posts if you want to read them.

Ford is a former atty (was disbarred in CT), former minor league baseball player and 'entrepreneur', who surprisingly enough also seemed to go through a contentious divorce. His history is CT has been documented in a few excellent articles in the HC. IMO he preyed on small business owners in his yellow page advisory business and then sued them for non compliance with the terms of his very tightly worded contracts.

He asked to be reinstated to the bar in CT in 2005 but it doesn't appear that this ever happened. Even so, it doesn't appear that the State of CT reprimanded him or fined him ever for any of his prior misdeeds before the courts. Frankly the more I read about how he was handed by State of CT the more disheartened I become about the judiciary policing itself in CT. So disappointing IMO.

MOO

Attachments

• civilcasesupplementobjection.pdf
    506 KB · Views: 1
130.86 08/26/2019 C ORDER
Document.gif
newred.gif

RESULT: Order 8/26/2019 HON ROBERT SHAPIRO
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17610201

The above order is in response to this Motion:
130.00 10/01/2018 P OBJECTION TO INTERROGATORIES/PRODUCTION PB 13-8 and 13-10
Document.gif

RESULT: Order 8/26/2019 HON ROBERT SHAPIRO

Bringing over from prior thread @Midwestmom2019 :

afitzy said:
Oh, the gifts that keep on giving FO + PA!

FD doesn't know who is paying his legal bills? Mmmm. Good one! FO believes that there is a cosmic cash machine that originates in Greece that has the ability to magically make cash show up in the account of an atty in NY whenever he needs to pay his attys? Brilliant! I want one too!

But I would think the attys involved might be a bit concerned about this 'cosmic cash machine from Greece' as who knows who is behind it and how much cash is loaded into the ATM? Does Pattis know, Does Rochlin know, or poor Bill Murray know how they are getting paid? Could be an issue. Wonder which atty will be the last one standing at the cash machine after making a request and getting the error message, "Please call customer service about your account"!

No Case Norms claim of 'no involvement' in the civil case is humorous and IMO false as well. Every gang needs a ringleader and sadly in this gang its Pattis. Probably should have called him the ringmaster in the circus but gang imagery was dancing around my head today thinking about the games being played in Family Court.

I do wonder though how great the contempt is by the FD attys for the judicial system in the State of CT? Not sure any of them treat the system or the Judges with much respect and IMO its sad to see.

MOO

If I’m not mistaken, it’s a crime to accept or be paid money “earned” deceptively or criminally. I suppose knowingly or with due diligence discoverable as crime money, too. That’s why NP doesn’t want to know anything about any source of Greek funds.
He’d get arrested, too.

I highly doubt these poor kids would go back to school at NCCS. NYC has been there home for the last 3 months and there are plenty of private schools in the city. The last thing they need is to be immersed back into NC where they have memories of their mom and all eyes would likely be on them, both adults and kids.

Since the beginning I've been baffled how FORE/FO ended up with 6 white elephant houses that are not readily salable (NC IMO is salable but still overprices on a SF basis for current market). FO is not stupid (MBA Finance) and we have evidence of the fact that he had rec'd feedback from realtors on the Farmington properties and their associated issues. So, he was well aware of market issues yet still kept on building white elephant properties. Why?

MOO
I'll just comment on this one facet-
Most successful builders I've known had a good mentor that they either worked under their wing for a few years or worked closely
with or partnered with for several years while
getting their feet wet in the busines.
IMO, I don't think the finance degree would
prepare someone for a specific job like building
and marketing homes in a given area.
Would the degree help in juggling the funds?
Sure, but not the background knowledge it takes for being a successful builder which is a
business that takes a broad knowledge or the
ability to attract good people to fill those jobs.

FD had NO experience before he got daddy in law to fund him. Had not paid his dues. Had not served as apprentice to a master. Probably couldn't hammer a nail nor saw a beam.
But the biggest mistake I see is he didn't do the proper investigative homework to determine
what sells in Farmington. What are the price ranges and amenities needed to "move" homes.
The good builders I know usually sell specs
before they're finished. They never sit on the market at all. So this all tells me FD was not so smart after all. HF apparently didn't know much about the building business in Farmington either. Not surprising, it wasn't his job.
I could go on and on about his mistakes. But bottom line, FD didn't like to listen or learn from others if he thinks he knows it all.
Heck I've even had to warn builders that their own personality is a turn off to buyers and then try to keep them away from each other.

I've also had to tell builders flat out, "Look, your wife may be a great writer, but she's not a decorator or interior designer, so hire a professional or suffer the consequences."

I don't think FD had anyone around him that
was able to convey these messages. Farmington area is a small real estate market and not really a fast paced market so the people in the business there may not be the
sharpest or most experienced. moo.

Building and selling homes is essentially a
"people" business. FD was never a people person. The technical part of the business you
can learn from books and tests, the rest is the hard part. There was just soo much that FD
never learned before he jumped into the business and he's paying the price now.

Bringing over from prior thread from @sleuth66 :

The book that was highlighted in this original post also discussed another type of death and the difficulty in grieving and adjusting:
the Ambiguous Death- could be a kidnapping
or a mysteriously missing parent or relative.
With this type death, relatives never really understand a lot of details.
If there's no body or details of closure how are the relatives suppose to deal with this?
When I read about ambiguous death my heart hurt for the children and Farbers. Not fair.
For anyone interested it's a whole nother kind
of grieving- still holding out hope the loved one may re-appear. Will have a lifetime of yearning
and hope and the maybe s...... heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd