Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much wonder about a choice to keep the body in NC and whether FD would risk driving from Welles to Sturbridge? It seems like it might just make sense to get on the Merritt and head back to 4Jx as quickly as possible.

The 2nd AW stops where it does at the intersection of Rt8 and Rt 84 for a reason.

But if I had to guess I would think that FD would put the body someplace where he was comfortable it wouldn't be found and where he could control access or perhaps even see people coming in/out.

@thekirbyfamily did a driveby along Deercliff Rd and it was clearer from her account how close all these FORE properties are to each other. I wonder if perhaps as FD was driving back from NC in the EE Red Truck whether he left the JD body in the garage at 585 Deercliff, until such time as he could dispose of it? This would have left him with all the clean up items and JD clothing that was later found to have been left on Albany.

585 Deercliff is roughly .7/mile from 4JX.

Google Maps

MOO
Thoughts:

One reason the warrant might stop there is there was no more footage. The traffic cams on 84 don't record and there's no rest stops.

That being said, there's a couple state parks and reservoirs in the Plainville area that would've been on his way home, but I don't think he would've had enough time.

I'm still convinced JD is either in the ground behind one of his properties or in the nearby lakes/Farmington River/reservoirs.

In a very recent post:
Stamford Advocate in obtained court documents shows video surveillance has JD arriving at 8:30 am at house, where he was waiting for her.

Tweet your observations. Maybe the 25 minutes makes FD have to hurry more than you think.
This is confusing since the AW specifically states the 8:05 surveillance image of her car is the last photo of her alive IIRC.

Your statement about wearing shorts made me think of something. We know he shaved his head and arms immediately before JD disappeared. But, did he shave his legs, too? I know it sounds ridiculous, but regardless of why he did it, (leave no DNA, or “shaved for waterskiing”, wouldn’t he also have shaved his legs if he was going to wear shorts over to JD’s on 5/24. I am curious to know if anyone has noticed. The photo of him on the day of his first arrest clearly shows shaved forearms. That wouldn’t have been necessary if his legs were unshaven, or covered by long pants (it also made me wonder why he didn’t just wear long sleeves to cover his arms. He wouldn’t look quite as circumstantially guilty in this sense)

He prepared well, but not well enough, he did not count on the CCTV in Hartford, etc..

So cameras did not capture a jogger though they did capture the Chevy Suburban arriving back from school at 8am (JD) and it leaving around 1030 (FD). He needed to clean up the crime scene, bag up all incriminating evidence, later to be disposed of very likely including a bloody body and cloths, knife, etc.. What vehicle did he load up with that? If he drove the Suburban to Waveny Park and then came back with his pickup to load up all the evidence, the cameras would have picked that up? It does not seem feasible that he killed JD and had everything he needed in her house to do the cleanup and put that in the Suburban without forensic evidence in that car.

Poison ivy is easy to pick up, I did a gardening job in New Canaan soon afterward and had rashes from it. The wet spring caused a bumper crop of poison ivy.

This is confusing since the AW specifically states the 8:05 surveillance image of her car is the last photo of her alive IIRC.
Another duplicate post - changing it to say I did check Stamford Advocate and I can't find reference to the 8:30am video of JD. anyone find MSM for this?

Last edited:
I agree - I will have to go look at the SA article which says 8:30am - as I went back to the AW for FD - I did notice that they used language which seems to indicate they know for a fact her body was in that SUV - or maybe I am reading too much into it? If there was video at her house - and he's on it - and they have it- he would have been arrested by now IMO. for Murder.
I'm assuming they use that language because the car never returns and the amount of blood found at the scene is incompatible with surviving. Since her body wasn't at the house, the only logical explanation is that it was in the car before it was dumped.

Also, there's no way he took the Tacoma back to the house to clean up. The same camera that saw the Suburban coming and going would have picked it up.

Does not necessarily say camera is JD's...just says residential security camera
Yes, but some SA article is saying her own camera picked her up entering the house at 8:30am. Not only does that contradict the warrant, it doesn't fit the timeline. Did she drive around the block five times on the way home?

Anyone really examine the pictures to see if you can see FD driving in any of them?

Further, investigators accused Dulos of “lying in wait” for Jennifer to come home on May 24, when security footage captured her walking into her home at around 8:30 a.m.

“At the time this footage was recorded, (Fotis) Dulos is believed to have been lying in wait at 69 Welles Lane for his wife to return home,” the warrant read.
Jennifer Dulos: Estranged husband’s girlfriend turns on him, drops bombshell that lands him behind bars while mom of 5 remains missing [Police]

Older article:
The lawyer said that Jennifer dropped her children off at school at 8.30am and that the housekeeper hadn't noticed 'anything amiss' when checking the house at noon.

Pattis said that there was only a four-hour window for Fotis to have driven 70 miles to his estranged wife's New Canaan home, where 'he would have had to confront Ms. Dulos in the garage or some other part of the house, kill her, try to clean up, dispose of the body in broad daylight on a well-populated section of the state and get back to Farmington.'

The lawyer continued: 'If the electronic data confirms that his devices were in use at that location, it’ll be an open question whether he was using [the devices] or someone else was... This is the beginning of an effective alibi defense. The alibi is enormous.'
Defense says records of estranged husband of missing mom will provide an 'effective alibi' | Daily Mail Online

I’m confused about the times... so I’m gonna sit back and listen to you pros on this conundrum. Justice for Jennifer.

A home surveillance camera captured the last known photo of Jennifer Dulos. She’s seen walking up to her home at 8:05 a.m. the morning she disappeared.

Police say at the time “[Fotis] Dulos is believe to have been lying in wait at 69 Welles Lane for his wife to return home.”
Arrest Warrant Sheds New Light On Disappearance Of Missing Conn. Mom Jennifer Dulos

The image was captured at 8:05 a.m. and was the last time she was seen.
Jennifer Dulos disappearance: The case against Fotis Dulos and Michelle Troconis

It apparently shows the 50-year-old mom of five arriving home in her SUV at about 8:05 a.m. after having dropped off her children at school.

“The crime and the cleanup are believed to have occurred between 8:05 a.m. and 10:25 a.m.,” the warrant states.

At 10:25 a.m., Jennifer’s Chevy Suburban was seen being driven away from her home and cops believe Fotis Dulos was at the wheel of the vehicle, “carrying the body of Jennifer Dulos and a number of other items associated with the cleanup,” the warrant said.
https://nypost.com/2019/09/05/jenni...sed-by-estranged-husband-his-girlfriend-says/

That Toyota pickup is seen in surveillance footage moving between Farmington and New Canaan, where Jennifer lived, on the morning she vanished. Another camera caught the pickup parked 100 feet away from where Jennifer's 2017 Chevrolet was found later that day, abandoned and with apparent blood stains.

And another shot, taken minutes later and showing Jennifer driving her Chevrolet home after dropping her kids off at school, "is the last known photograph of Jennifer alive," the arrest warrants said. "At the time this footage was recorded, Dulos is believed to have been lying in wait ... for his wife to return home."

"The crime and cleanup are believed to have occurred between 8:05 and 10:25 a.m.," the warrants said. At 10:25, residential surveillance caught Jennifer's 2017 Chevrolet being driven away from the home.

"Dulos is believed to be operating the victim’s vehicle which is carrying the body of Jennifer Dulos and a number of other items associated with the clean-up which occurred in the garage of the residence," the warrants said.

*Exclusive Interview*:
Fotis Dulos says he believes his missing wife is still alive. Investigators do not.

I’m confused about the times... so I’m gonna sit back and listen to you pros on this conundrum. Justice for Jennifer.

A home surveillance camera captured the last known photo of Jennifer Dulos. She’s seen walking up to her home at 8:05 a.m. the morning she disappeared.

Police say at the time “[Fotis] Dulos is believe to have been lying in wait at 69 Welles Lane for his wife to return home.”
Arrest Warrant Sheds New Light On Disappearance Of Missing Conn. Mom Jennifer Dulos

The image was captured at 8:05 a.m. and was the last time she was seen.
Jennifer Dulos disappearance: The case against Fotis Dulos and Michelle Troconis

It apparently shows the 50-year-old mom of five arriving home in her SUV at about 8:05 a.m. after having dropped off her children at school.

“The crime and the cleanup are believed to have occurred between 8:05 a.m. and 10:25 a.m.,” the warrant states.

At 10:25 a.m., Jennifer’s Chevy Suburban was seen being driven away from her home and cops believe Fotis Dulos was at the wheel of the vehicle, “carrying the body of Jennifer Dulos and a number of other items associated with the cleanup,” the warrant said.
https://nypost.com/2019/09/05/jenni...sed-by-estranged-husband-his-girlfriend-says/

That Toyota pickup is seen in surveillance footage moving between Farmington and New Canaan, where Jennifer lived, on the morning she vanished. Another camera caught the pickup parked 100 feet away from where Jennifer's 2017 Chevrolet was found later that day, abandoned and with apparent blood stains.

And another shot, taken minutes later and showing Jennifer driving her Chevrolet home after dropping her kids off at school, "is the last known photograph of Jennifer alive," the arrest warrants said. "At the time this footage was recorded, Dulos is believed to have been lying in wait ... for his wife to return home."

"The crime and cleanup are believed to have occurred between 8:05 and 10:25 a.m.," the warrants said. At 10:25, residential surveillance caught Jennifer's 2017 Chevrolet being driven away from the home.

"Dulos is believed to be operating the victim’s vehicle which is carrying the body of Jennifer Dulos and a number of other items associated with the clean-up which occurred in the garage of the residence," the warrants said.

*Exclusive Interview*:
Fotis Dulos says he believes his missing wife is still alive. Investigators do not.
Thank you - I am just going to go from the Warrant which clearly shows her vehicle arriving home at 8:05am. If there is security footage that captures her in her home, it hasn't been released that I can find and I have followed her case fairly close. JMO

We don't yet know if bus cams or other CCTV along the route from Waveny to Welles captured FD jogging as this wasn't included in the latest AW. My guess is that something exists along this route as at some point FD would have been on a road/street as I don't think in the time he had it could have all been in the woods.

Will have to look at the public school bus schedules for the 24th to see if it would be possible to estimate how many buses were out on the road at the time FD might have been jogging to Welles.

My guess is that the next AW we see will have physical confirmation of FD in the form of a picture in NC on the 24th somewhere.

The other issue is that JD cell phone is mentioned as travelling from Welles to Waveny. I would guess that LE has all the cell phone data from JD phone along with the GPS data from the JD Suburban to track the path. None of this info was shared in the latest AW.

We don't know when/if FD ditched the JD cellphone or if the phone shows it being activated/accessed or turned off. But the cell phone did the amazing task of showing the path from Welles to Waveny and this IMO is an incredible piece of evidence. Did FD not know where JD cell phone was? Or did the cell phone get lost in the Suburban in a scuffle or as part of the process of moving the body? All horrific thoughts but this cell phone is such an important part of the last portion IMO of what happened at Welles.

Could this phone also have provided a road map to LE of FD leaving NC, possibly traveling around NC and then returning to Farmington?

MOO

He prepared well, but not well enough, he did not count on the CCTV in Hartford, etc..

So cameras did not capture a jogger though they did capture the Chevy Suburban arriving back from school at 8am (JD) and it leaving around 1030 (FD). He needed to clean up the crime scene, bag up all incriminating evidence, later to be disposed of very likely including a bloody body and cloths, knife, etc.. What vehicle did he load up with that? If he drove the Suburban to Waveny Park and then came back with his pickup to load up all the evidence, the cameras would have picked that up? It does not seem feasible that he killed JD and had everything he needed in her house to do the cleanup and put that in the Suburban without forensic evidence in that car.

Poison ivy is easy to pick up, I did a gardening job in New Canaan soon afterward and had rashes from it. The wet spring caused a bumper crop of poison ivy.

If he got on the Merritt at Fairfield, I think Jennifer is still in New Canaan. Otherwise, why not get on the Merritt in New Canaan?

What if he put her in Hoyt Swamp? There’s a road off 123 that has a house under construction and backs up to the swamp. One more construction truck would not be noticed and it is protected open space so it will never be developed. Reminds me of when he was caught on 123 going into New York State...hmmmmmm. MOO

Attachments

• 6D91F91A-E5F7-4EDB-BDB9-65300624C275.jpeg
    6D91F91A-E5F7-4EDB-BDB9-65300624C275.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 23
  • E19FA9BE-E518-45A4-B254-E4C56D4CCE32.jpeg
    E19FA9BE-E518-45A4-B254-E4C56D4CCE32.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 19
But didn’t he call or text EE that day who was working there to see if he heard anything or something?
He specifically asked the EE when GD was "casually" going over his activities with MT and EE on the day he murdered Jennifer. "Oh, by the way, did you happen to see anything at Sturbridge when you were there?" or a similarly worded question. He wanted to know what EE saw, which leads me to believe something went on there, particularly in light of the loud noises neighbors say they heard in the early morning hours of the 25th.

If he got on the Merritt at Fairfield, I think Jennifer is still in New Canaan. Otherwise, why not get on the Merritt in New Canaan?

What if he put her in Hoyt Swamp? There’s a road off 123 that has a house under construction and backs up to the swamp. One more construction truck would not be noticed and it is protected open space so it will never be developed. Reminds me of when he was caught on 123 going into New York State...hmmmmmm. MOO
Per the AW, he was on the Merritt in NC at 11:12am. They have him on camera.

He specifically asked the EE when GD was "casually" going over his activities with MT and EE on the day he murdered Jennifer. "Oh, by the way, did you happen to see anything at Sturbridge when you were there?" or a similarly worded question. He wanted to know what EE saw, which leads me to believe something went on there, particularly in light of the loud noises neighbors say they heard in the early morning hours of the 25th.
I can't remember the wording in the AW - Did he ask about Sturbridge or NC in general?

BBM - this was in the warrant? I don't recall seeing this and that would mean she had working cameras that recorded ??? hmmm
The AW IMO was not clear about the source of the camera shots of FD entering/exiting Welles.

Speculation: I believe we saw very early MSM shots of Welles that had security cameras by the garage. Later MSM shots showed no cameras at Welles. Wonder if LE removed the cameras for whatever reason? It is highly likely most of the neighbors have some security CCTV in place and LE most likely got it all. IMO this vagueness was intentional to keep Defense away from harassing the neighbors as they now have a very aggressive PI that is going everywhere and anywhere looking for information.

IMO only I would be shocked if JD didn't have active cameras on the house. We know from the interior shots that there was an alarm system in place for the house and we haven't heard whether a panic call was made using the alarm system on the 24th by JD. Given the FD was able to stay at Welles until 10:25 am it looks unlikely that the panic button was activated by JD. We also don't know if FD knew the code for Welles and so was able to deactivate the system.

So many questions.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members