Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched it again and then again. It actually made me feel a bit queasy watching the video twice and writing about this entire topic is difficult as its a minefield.

But I thought about trying to understand on a very basic level what made me feel so uncomfortable about listening to the video, so here goes.

I have such mixed thoughts on why the State felt compelled to make this particular statement at this exact moment? And why now after months of silence from the State on the JD Case? Why not make a statement about the victim or even speak about the investigation? But no, that isn't what the State believed to be most important when it came to speak with the public after 2 months of virtual silence. Nope. The State felt it was important to speak to the public about 'disrespect' and 'pinning this crime on a person of color' as it relates to the JD case.

What purpose does the Foley statement serve? Is the statement about "disrespect" based on evidence found in the case or was the purpose of the statement to cynically prejudice potential jurors by fanning the flames of racism?

Race baiting in the Cambridge Dictionary is defined as, "the act of intentionally encouraging racism or anger about issue/s relating to race, often to get a political advantage". I hope this statement from Foley was not gratuitous race baiting and has some basis in fact using evidence found in the case investigation. But its honestly hard not to think otherwise. Really hope this is not race baiting, as Hartford and the State of CT don't need this ever IMO and certainly not now on this case.

I would like to give Foley the benefit of the doubt here but on the surface it appears that he tied a few facts together (why that neighborhood, no known ties, all minority neighborhood - all true, but are they connected or related to each other and how are they relevant to FD/MT? IDK but I hope Foley knows in great detail!) that we don't know if they are at all related to what FD and MT might have been thinking about, and drawn the conclusion that the disposal of evidence in Hartford was 'disrespectful'.

Foley is standing behind his statement 100% so we will have to see whether this trip down Albany by FD and MT was driven by factors that are truly 'disrespectful' and that this crime by FD and MT "was designed to pin it on a person of color"?

I just wish that this Foley comment and any associated evidence to support it had been presented in a court of law where I believe it appropriately belongs rather than at a press conference with zero context and the old school 'trust me I'm LE' bravado which IMO is patronizing to any thoughtful person listening that cares about all people.

I have no idea if anything being said by Foley in his statement was true as he gave a conclusion without supporting facts IMO. I just hope as a public spokesperson that he has facts to back up his statement relating to 'disrespect' and 'pinning this crime on a person of color' that these facts will be put forward in court at some point.

I would hope that LE was responsible in their statement about the event and that before calling it "disrespectful" that they had evidence from FD and/or MT to support that statement. Otherwise it seems to be fanning the flames of racial hatred and anger unnecessarily as the statements from Foley might simply not be based on fact.

IDK what to think but it made me personally very uncomfortable that Foley was asking me as somebody listening to him to trust him on this as he gave me no reason to as he provided zero in the way of information or context to make me at all comfortable trusting him.

This has been a strange WS case IMO as LE commentary has been minimal and I think we have only heard from the State Police 1 or 2 times through this entire case so far. Many on WS questioned why the trip down Albany happened and why might FD and MT picked Albany Avenue as a location to dispense with evidence in the JD case. Could the choice have been related to the racial makeup and been planned cynically by FD? Sure, many on WS believe this to be the case and its a personal opinion. I guess I hope the State Spokesperson to a higher standard than just his opinion and I hope his statements have alot of evidence to support them.

We have had none of the typical press conferences etc. that we routinely see in similar cases. So, we have no relationship with Foley (or even NCPD Chief K. for that matter) as we don't know him and he hasn't been with us all as we make our way through the public information on the case because Justice for Jennifer is important to us in some way. We really have had no relationship with any member of the State's Team even though we saw them working very hard under very difficult conditions to do their jobs.

Yet we now see a State Police Spokesperson asking us to believe with no stated proof, that the trip down Albany was "disrespectful" and "designed to pin this crime on a person of color".

Maybe Foley is correct but I will wait for the evidence to be presented in court to support his statements before believing that the trip down Albany Ave was racially motivated.

MOO

Thank you for sharing this very thorough and insightful analysis. I have felt all along that it was about classism, power, and have/have-nots but not due to race. Race seems peripheral to the main population characteristic of poverty. It seems about targeting the poor. I’m not from there so my thoughts are based on just the basic information. MOO.

100%. But we are now in the age of social media. Without corroboration, that LE statement should never have been made. Race baiting and identity politics. UGH.
1,000,000 likes.

IMO it was so disappointing.

Wonder who approved that script?

Hope it wasn't Colangelo!

Can't even enter the mindset of trying to understand the extreme politics of the statements made as my head would simply EXPLODE!
MOO

Yeah, HopeForTheBest, I totally agree on NP's behavior 'defending' FD, it's reprehensible and more!! I was just responding about NP's looks, since so many posts were about his physical appearance (double ponytail and all), not about his tactics, etc. MOO

Got it!!! I’m just babbling on as we wait! :) Thanks so much!

Since we are chatting about 'important' stuff here now I wondered if anyone saw the NP footwear worn for the Dateline interview? It was supposedly just a quick view but apparently he was wearing some sort of sandals that were not Birkenstocks.

I haven't had a chance to go back to look but I got a PM talking about the footwear and I really scratched my head and wondered why Pattis would wear sandals to an interview? I guess it shouldn't surprise me that a guy with a 20 yr ponytail would wear sandals to an interview but then I went down the path of questioning whether he was wearing socks with the sandals and now I'm just plain curious what the hell he was wearing!!

Did anyone see sandals?

Need some distraction from my present anger at the State Spokespersons comments so I am going to focus on sandals!

MOO

I didn’t get to see it but didn’t someone mention “clown shoes”?

Where did they say they’d give updates? An app? FB? I feel sure some reporters are there if LE still is—and the silence makes me hopeful. MOO.
I just saw someone post that the divers left awhile ago but that was social media and not press person. I can't find a press person on SM that might be there that is posting. I think its a wrap for tonight.

VIDEO: Crews search reservoir in connection to Dulos case

11pm update:
Source: Search of West Hartford reservoir connected to disappearance of Jennifer Dulos

Last edited:
Since we are chatting about 'important' stuff here now I wondered if anyone saw the NP footwear worn for the Dateline interview? It was supposedly just a quick view but apparently he was wearing some sort of sandals that were not Birkenstocks.

I haven't had a chance to go back to look but I got a PM talking about the footwear and I really scratched my head and wondered why Pattis would wear sandals to an interview? I guess it shouldn't surprise me that a guy with a 20 yr ponytail would wear sandals to an interview but then I went down the path of questioning whether he was wearing socks with the sandals and now I'm just plain curious what the hell he was wearing!!

Did anyone see sandals?

Need some distraction from my present anger at the State Spokespersons comments so I am going to focus on sandals!

MOO

So I went to Google to look for info on the shoes and found this old (2012) article that nevertheless included fascinating information to me. I’m confused about NP and his life of contradictions. I’m not sure this source is ok here but it seemed so? But anyway, did you guys know his father was from Crete?

Att'y "Slash & Burn" Rides To Occupy's Rescue | New Haven Independent

I just saw someone post that the divers left awhile ago but that was social media and not press person. I can't find a press person on SM that might be there that is posting. I think its a wrap for tonight.

Tomorrow is another day! It would have to be easier in the day, I’d think. What a night! Thanks, all, for the great insights and conversations!

Maybe Mommie Dearest coached MT on how to drag things out without outright cooperation until she could make a hard deal with authorities for key information. Her mother was convicted of federal charges but didn't 'do any time' herself, IIRC. She's been at MT's side since day 1, IMO, 'working her magic' to set her daughter up for a minimum sentence, and to not take a fall with FD, I would have to believe.

What a dangerous game with MT’s daughter at further risk—; this is what I cannot understand at all. MOO.

Yes, I get the repulsion, but I still don't like the look-bashing of anyone, ha ha. It's been going on since day one and I managed to keep my mouth shut this long! I will go back to ignoring those posts. :D

I get this but then I think it’s not really their actual looks that are being commented on as it is our perceptions of the ugliness seeping out from them. It’s awful enough with JD but then thinking about the sadness and fear of the five kids of JD and the daughter of MT? JD’s kids have GF but who does MT’s daughter have? I’ve been thinking about why I have been unable to muster any sliver of sympathetic feeling about MT since as some have said, it’s possible she was manipulated by FD although I don’t believe it based on what we’ve read in the AWs. I have found it nearly impossible since AW2 came out especially to even try for understanding, which is in no way agreeing with, how this all occurred, and it comes to this, I think: I’m furious, sick, and aghast at what MT seemingly has allowed her daughter to endure. I finally decided that maybe MT has seemed so checked out is that she DOES have regret for her daughter at least. I hope so. All I can see when I see MT or FD is what they reflect from inside themselves, and it’s all dark, tattered, and rotted. What I’m trying to say is, in MOO, there is nothing about them that I can see in any way but repugnant and ugly in a suffocatingly visceral way. It’s not their outsides; it’s how their insides and actions have ravaged them—and so many others as a result. That’s all just MOO and then there’s this: In MOO, what would be unrelentingly worse to ME (MOO) than people trying to express their revulsion about FD and MT in negative terms including their exterior visages would be if people were saying they found MT and FD attractive “despite” what the AWs indicate they likely did. I can’t separate the two aspects, and yes, this is all MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
california_girl