Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A civil trial pitting Fotis Dulos against his missing wife’s mother over whether he owes the family millions of dollars will start on Dec. 3 in Hartford Superior Court, but it appears that Michelle Troconis, his former girlfriend, will not be testifying.
Troconis is not listed as a plaintiff witness, but she could still be called by Weinstein as a rebuttal witness.
The trial is expected to take at least three days and will be held before a judge and not a jury
The lawsuit alleges that Hillard Farber, Gloria’s husband, transferred approximately $10 million to Fore Group and that Fore Group transferred approximately $7.3 million back to Farber. Hillard Farber has since died and Gloria as executor of his estate is the plaintiff in this case.

The lawsuit claims that the amounts transferred were loans and seeks to recover approximately $2,541,831. Dulos claims that the money was given to him as a gift.
Civil trial over financial dispute between Fotis Dulos and his missing wife’s mother is scheduled for December

Wow. I didn't know how much info there was in this case.
I figured out who MT is. Her atty is Bowman?
I figured out who FD is. He lived at 4jx in Farmington, Hartford Cty with MT. His lawyers are Murray and Pattis.
He has a business ForeGroup, same locale. His worker (PG) let FD use his truck the day of JD's disappearance.
Foregroup has property for sale:
4Jx and Mtn Springs in Farmington. And...
Sturbridge in New Canaan. A neighbor heard loud banging there at 5am.
JD, the deceased, is GF's daughter. Her location was New Canaan.
GF lives in NYC Her lawyer is Weinstein.
There's a bunch of other lawyers and judges, as well, one being Noble. Yikes. Lots to remember.
Next to see GHughes video. I'm determined to try to figure this out.

BBM It’ll be worth the effort! Though the deeper you dig, the more murky it all becomes, revealing a truly Machiavellian cast of characters.

Poor Jennifer got caught up with a King Narcopath, and with him came an entourage of the shallowest, nastiest types. Sound familiar from Kelsey’s case?

Jennifer Dulos disappearance: Fotis Dulos to testify in civil suit trial

HARTFORD — Fotis Dulos is expected to testify in his own defense when his mother-in-law’s $2.5 million civil lawsuits filed against him go to trial next month.

Gloria Farber and the estate of her late husband Hilliard filed the lawsuits in early 2018, close to 18 months before their daughter Jennifer Dulos disappeared.

The trial will be decided by a judge and is expected to last two to three days, starting Dec. 3.

Attorney William Murray, representing Fotis Dulos in the civil lawsuits, said he has “no worries” about his client testifying during the trial.

Murray, his client and others involved in the case met Thursday with Hartford Superior Court Judge Cesar Noble, who is overseeing the trial, to discuss legal issues pertaining to the lawsuits. The conference was held in Noble’s chambers and was not open to the public.

The lawsuits claim Fotis Dulos owes the family more than $2.5 million in loans made to him and his high-end real estate development company, Fore Group. Fotis Dulos claims the money was a gift from the family and no promissory notes or contracts were signed.

I hope Judge Noble humiliates FD. He needs to be brought down a notch or two.
No doubt it will go up on appeal.

I very much wonder if FD will actually speak at trial? Could we see him invoke the 5th as we saw with MT? Its curious that FD seems willing to speak at this trial so I'm wondering why his legal team would be OK with that happening given how Atty Bowman is taking the absolute opposite approach with MT?

So far as the online record indicates there is zero evidence that a 'gift' from FIL exists in this case as the overall situation simply seems to be a sham IMO.

MOO
I very much wonder if FD will actually speak at trial? Could we see him invoke the 5th as we saw with MT? Its curious that FD seems willing to speak at this trial so I'm wondering why his legal team would be OK with that happening given how Atty Bowman is taking the absolute opposite approach with MT?

So far as the online record indicates there is zero evidence that a 'gift' from FIL exists in this case as the overall situation simply seems to be a sham IMO.

MOO

IF he testifies, it’s bc he believes that he can convince Judge Noble that every thing Farber says is a lie and everything FD says is true. Sociopath.

BBM It’ll be worth the effort! Though the deeper you dig, the more murky it all becomes, revealing a truly Machiavellian cast of characters.

Poor Jennifer got caught up with a King Narcopath, and with him came an entourage of the shallowest, nastiest types. Sound familiar from Kelsey’s case?
Yes, very similar to other cases.
Evil wants money, gf, control.
I've made a lot of progress in reading about the case.
A question, though:
Did Jennifer D divorce Fotis because he had a gf or for other reasons...

A question, though:

Get this.

JF found out about the one year affair with MT and then FD wanted them All to live as one big happy family With MT and daughter.

JF hung in there until the school year ended a few months later and then hauled a$$ with the children.

JF had to trick FD in order to leave. She told him that she was taking the children to her father's grave on Father's Day, and she never returned.

The very next day, she filed for Divorce, Full Custody of the children, and a Restraining Order.

She initially received the restraining order, but the judge did not see the need for a continuation.

If you come across FD's 911 call that night, it is posted on one of the threads, it is a MUST Hear.

Here is a bit of the history.

Early in 2016, FD and JF decided to sell 4JC and move to New Canaan so that FD could grow FORE within the 'higher end market' of lower Fairfield County.

They submitted private school applications at NCCS and the children were accepted and enrolled beginning the fall term in 2017. Tuition was paid in 2016 at the point of acceptance.

They also procured a rental property until their house in NC could be built. (This rental property will eventually be the first home in NC that JF and the children will live, for the original one year rental agreement and she then moved the children to 69WL).

However, JD found out about MT in the spring of 2017. So, the plan changes.

Get this. FD's Plan Before JF left with the children, was that All the children would attend the same school, while they were also All living as one big happy family. (MT's daughter did attend the school for one year before admission to her current school. Of course, JF's children were in NC during this time).

At this point, it is too late to receive a refund of the NCCS Tuition and basically too late to find other Private School arrangements near Farmington, so FD Commands that JF and the children stay in Pound Ridge in the Farber family compound during the week, to attend school. Pound Ridge is just over the border into NY and sufficiently close to the NCCS for the children.

Then FD Commands that JF and the children are to return to 4JC on the weekends, all holidays, and all of winter, spring, and summer breaks to live as one big happy family with MT and Daughter.

FD also Commanded that he would come and go as he pleased at the Farber family compound.

IMO and with a MOO MOO Here and a MOO MOO There.

A question, though:

Seems she had put up with a lot over the years, including probable serial infidelity, casual cruelty and calculated emotional abuse. However it appears that his involvement with MT was the final straw for JD. MT is named in JD’s petition to the court and described as her husband’s ‘paramour’. The family court documents reveal that he told JD he wanted MT and her daughter to move in to 4 JX with them and their five children.

Get this.

JF found out about the one year affair with MT and then FD wanted them All to live as one big happy family With MT and daughter.

JF hung in there until the school year ended a few months later and then hauled a$$ with the children.

JF had to trick FD in order to leave. She told him that she was taking the children to her father's grave on Father's Day, and she never returned.

The very next day, she filed for Divorce, Full Custody of the children, and a Restraining Order.

She initially received the restraining order, but the judge did not see the need for a continuation.

If you come across FD's 911 call that night, it is posted on one of the threads, it is a MUST Hear.

Early in 2016, FD and JF decided to sell 4JC and move to New Canaan so that FD could grow FORE within the 'higher end market' of lower Fairfield County.

They submitted private school applications at NCCS and the children were accepted and enrolled beginning the fall term in 2017. Tuition was paid in 2016 at the point of acceptance.

They also procured a rental property until their house in NC could be built. (This rental property will eventually be the first home in NC that JF and the children will live, for the original one year rental agreement and she then moved the children to 69WL).

Get this. FD's Plan Before JF left with the children, was that All the children would attend the same school, while they were also All living as one big happy family. (MT's daughter did attend the school for one year before admission to her current school. Of course, JF's children were in NC during this time).

At this point, it is too late to receive a refund of the NCCS Tuition and basically too late to find other Private School arrangements near Farmington, so FD Commands that JF and the children stay in Pound Ridge in the Farber family compound during the week, to attend school. Pound Ridge is just over the border into NY and sufficiently close to the NCCS for the children.

Then FD Commands that JF and the children are to return to 4JC on the weekends, all holidays, and all of winter, spring, and summer breaks to live as one big happy family with MT and Daughter.

FD also Commanded that he would come and go as he pleased at the Farber family compound.

Nice summary CTGrammy. Paints the picture of the all-round great family man he is.

A question, though:
IMO the short answer is that the marriage had any number of 'issues' - infidelity over the years being confirmed by JF friends in NYP article and FD traveling 10 days a month to water ski/ski and/or party etc. FD is also alleged to have a hair trigger temper, have had a gun illegally, lost access to his children for nearly 10 months as he asked his children to lie on his behalf about presence of MT and her daughter at 4Jx (MT and her daughter were not to have access to the Dulos children but this was not honoured by either FD or MT and in fact MT and FD seemed to use MT daughter as a 'go between' with the Dulos children until such time as JF stopped this via Family Court). Divorce case goes on for over 400 motions and even after 2 years was nowhere near to going to trial. Impact on children was also tragic and these issues are discussed in depth in the Family Court file but are now sealed.

But what seemed to get JF to finally pick up and leave 4Jx with the children was FD telling JD about the 1 yr (or more, we don't know exactly when the affair started other than Daily Mail picture from social media showing FD and MT together in FL with his 2 oldest sons) affair with MT/sidepiece.

It was disclosed in Family Court testimony that FD wanted JD and the children to live together with MT and her daughter at 4Jx. IMO this was about as close to 'delusion' as we have seen from FD.

Accusations of Threats, Lying, Manipulation in Missing New Canaan Woman’s Divorce Case

Quote on this topic from New Canaanite.com:

"According to Jennifer Dulos, her husband had told her in April 2017 “that he decided to move Ms. Arreaza and her daughter into the marital home, and enroll the daughter in the private school that our children attended the last two years.”

“He informed me that our children and I will continue to reside in the marital home every weekend and during the summer, so that we all (his paramour and her daughter included) would be together,” Jennifer Dulos said in her affidavit. “He also informed me that he will come and go from my mother’s residence whenever he wants during the week. Essentially, he expects to continue to exhibit complete control over me and the children.”

Here is audio/article of FD calling 911 when JD left with the 5 children by claiming to go to NY to visit the grave of her recently deceased father.

Simply can't make this up IMO but its worth a listen: 911 calls: Fotis Dulos called police after wife leaves home in 2017

I hope FD sinks his ship big time. I do not think he will beable to keep stories and lies straight and will mess up. Also, how many times will he say ‘I do not comprehend or understand?’, then will he request a translator? There will be no paper proof...unless it is faked.

Thanks afitzy for all the comments, explanations and updates and to everyone else.

Nice summary CTGrammy. Paints the picture of the all-round great family man he is.
Every time we circle back to talking about FD as a "FAMILY MAN" all I can think about are the many wooden statements he utters walking out of court after each appearance or on Dateline or Sarah Wallace interviews where he says something along the lines of, "I miss my children and I love them very much"....

Simply no words as these statements seem to so clearly IMO show a total disconnect between FD and reality. I do think JF was absolutely correct when she referred to FD in Family Court as "delusional". How else to explain disconnection from reality?

The reality for the 5 Dulos children has sadly and tragically been altered forever IMO due to the choices of FD and MT, so to see FD stand anywhere and proclaim to 'love his children' simply rings false.

When these statements regarding 'loving his children' from FD are then followed by his ongoing aggressive legal tactics in Civil Court to find out information about the assets and possible wealth of the children and the Farber family it becomes quite easy to just add another line item to the ever growing "Motives List" in this tragic case.

Did FD and MT think that they would simply drive to NYC to pick up the children after the disappearance of JF and ride the Range Rover or the Tahoe off into the Sunset and live/ski happily ever after?

IMO its all pure delusion on the part of FD and MT. I very much hope LE is all over the FD testimony in Civil Court on 12/3 as my guess is that our growing "Motives List" will simply continue to expand.....

MOO

Last edited:
Atty Pattas sat down with his good 'friend' Sarah Wallace of NBC for an 'update' on the Dulos case.

IMO even if the "Gag Order" is overturned by the CT State Supreme Court, the silence in this case from Atty Pattas has been an absolutely 'blessing' as the victim has been protected from the ongoing assault that she previously had been subjected to by Atty Pattas IMO.

Kudos to Judge Blawie for insuring both a fair trial as well as protecting the missing (now presumed deceased) victim.

I do have faith that the Justice's that will eventually hear the Atty Patass motion will have the wisdom to see the huge difference in the media/press/online coverage of the Dulos case "Pre" and "Post" Gag Order.

IMO the "Gag Order" was totally worth it if not to eliminate the reposting from the HC! So far as I know the HC has not put out ONE substantive investigative piece on the Dulos case since the "Gag Order" was imposed which I do find incredibly interesting (not surprised though AT ALL!). To test this theory back when the gag order was imposed I set up some simple 'Google Alerts" for HC/Dulos/DA and DO. Zero/Zip/Zilch in terms of hits from Google on these alerts. IMO no wonder they are supportive of the "Gag Order" appeal. I still have faith/hope/expectations though that perhaps one day the HC 'investigative' reporters might actually leave their offices and shed some light on Motive in the Dulos case or perhaps shed some light on the two co-defendants beyond basic google searches or reposting? Not as lucrative work as 'reposting' but might fill up some column inches? IDK.

IMO Atty Patass cooked his own goose on the 1st Amendment rhetoric by going many steps too far in thrashing the missing victim in this case and he only has himself to 'thank' for the 'gag order'. Its actually funny when you think about it all (in a sick way of course) that an attorney creates an issue with a case via choices in behaviour and then gets to charge a client billable hours to pursue an appeal to overturn the 'gag order' that he IMO was personally responsible for making a necessary item in this case.

Gotta love the legal system sometimes and those that exploit it.

What Happened to Connecticut Mother Jennifer Dulos?

Last edited:
Get this.

Talk about a controller and a frightening one at that!
She helps him get his business, has 5 children with him (that's a lot, obviously), and he returns the favor by intimidating her, having a gf and eventually killing her. He just wasn't satisfied til he destroyed her.
It's the typical sex, money, control scenario but its truly sad.
Also, its unfortunate she didn't have a body guard. :(

I'm late getting in on all this and it's probably been talked about a lot, but it seems like he's a huge flight risk.

No Doubt About It.

He also has a past/current friend with a private plane.

No need for kids to have passports on a private plane flying out of a private small airfield and flying into a private small airfield.

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member