Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very valid concern. I was surprised there was no mention yesterday about Dulos deliberately running down the GPS battery on 4 separate occasions to less than 25%, after which time they run out very quickly. He was testing the system. He is in for a surprise, though, as he has now been upgraded to a far more sophisticated monitoring device in the event he posts bail.
YES! Judge Blawie IMO missed the bus on this one and I was surprised Atty Colangelo didn't chime in to make the correction. The existing bracelets have the technology you mention but it previously wasn't activated for use and programmed by the monitoring company. We learned about the programming options when someone found the manual for the bracelets in an earlier thread - they are quite sophisticated!

But it sounds like they will now take advantage of the built in technology with the bracelet to reduce the available perimeter for FD, MT and KM (if he ever gets out of prison) to house arrest. Its strange that prior to now they didn't use the technology to its fullest to impose curfews and travel ranges.

I am not sure we saw resolution on Fd being able to 'work' while under house arrest and possibly leave the house. Concerned clearly above proximity to Bradley Airport or other avenues to flee.

I mean, people from all professions commit murder, and participate in murder plots.

Teachers, doctors, cops; it doesn’t make a difference.

My guess is that there was a financial motivation here.

Yes but attorneys know about evidence. How hard it is to get away with a crime. And they typically earn enough to at least be comfortable. So I think this kind of thing is rarer maybe than in other professions? (And certainly not due to ethical considerations!)

Can you please cite a source about EE immigration status? It was the subject of heated debate here many, many months ago. My recollection is that it was finally settled that EE is a citizen.

It is the first bullet point in section 33 of the arrest warrant. It states that Dulos told the EE that he would get in trouble and talked to a lawyer on his behalf. That lawyer referred the employee to Attorney Urso.

You can find the warrant linked here: Read the Fotis Dulos Arrest Warrant

He must get prior permission from his pretrial services officer. That officer does not want to be responsible for letting a murderer flee, so I think he will find himself on a short rope there.

Given my opinion of Mr. Pattis, however, I am more concerned about those "attorney visits". Yes, I know he has the right to counsel, and the right to prepare a defense, but look how Ted Bundy, the ultimate malignant narcissist, abused that privilege. He escaped once through the jail law library by using his need to defend himself at trial as the reason for being there in the first place! Bundy also managed to get married and impregnate his "wife" during one trial, reportedly with some "help" from counsel.

Pattis is in too deep; he better remember his ethical obligations or his "poor maligned client" will chew him up and spit him out like bloody Chiclets. Dulos has shown us he is quite comfortable using anyone to get what he wants. Pattis is no one special to him. He is just a means to an end.

Dulos may act like he worships the ground Pattis walks on. In reality, he will use Pattis in any way necessary to escape justice (whether legal or not). If I were pretrial services, I would keep a very close eye on the pattern of those attorney visits. MOO! MOO!
Its interesting you bring up this 'user' aspect of Fd personality as we saw this in Family Court when Fd allegedly stole the report from his then atty and this stolen report eventually made its way to Atty. P. and ultimately the Press.

We consistently see no boundaries or respect of rules from Fd or Atty. P. IMO.

Anymore, I just think of Fd as some kind of predator that will opportunistically strike to get done whatever he needs to accomplish and it doesn't matter who stands in his way.

We have seen that Atty. P. has fuzzy ethical and professional boundaries and seems willing to as he says to 'gamble his law license every day' for his clients. To me, its worrisome to have a person like Fd connected to Atty. P. as the combination could have some very undesirable consequences. Sadly it doesn't seem that anyone at Atty. P. firm (including his partner Smith) seem to be able to curb his tendencies.

Personally I would be much more comfortable with Fd in prison as I think an escape plot at some point seems sadly inevitable. We've also seen inconsistent monitoring responsiveness in the past and I hope Judge Blawie and Atty Colangelo have sorted this bureaucratic issue out for Fd, MT and KM.

MOO

I think they have a lot more on KM than they put into this AW... It's interesting that the warrant for his cell phone data covers February all the way to September 13th. The day after LE returned to search the reservoir property again. I don't think that is a coincidence.
Oh yeah!! Too bad they didn't find anything at the reservoir, but KM's phone pinging there could very well have been the reason they searched there! IMO

I'm glad you did a scenario with the Suburban pulling into the garage as I've been trying to think if it was done as you describe and JFd simply walked into the house put down her bag and was ambushed there by Fd and he dragged her into the garage. Still puzzling it out....

AW3 states that blood spatter was found on the passenger side door of the Suburban which perhaps meant that JFd did pull the Suburban into the first bay of the garage and next to the Land Rover.

This would mean that the attack area available was much smaller than what I originally thought as now the Suburban is taking up quite a bit of space.

So, JFd exits the Suburban and walks in front of the Suburban to go through the mudroom to get to the kitchen. Somewhere during that walk inside she is attached and dragged back into the garage where the attack happened between the 2 vehicles (Suburban on one side and Land Rover on the other side).

There would have been no place for JFd to go really to flee as the space between the cars was maybe 4' and the distance of the garage was maybe 12' or so. So, there was a narrow corridor of space where the attach might have happened under this scenario.

MOO

What if she didn't take her purse with her for the short drive to the school but instead left it at home (maybe she grabbed just her wallet with her license in it or just the license. Her friends said she was very organized/responsible so not sure she would have driven without a license even for a short distance but maybe?) with the intention of coming back to change her clothes, finish a quick breakfast (tea & granola bar) and then be on her way into the city? Since she was going to take the RR, she would have pulled into the garage to park the Suburban & she was attacked when she got out or as she made her way towards the garage door to the house. MOO.

Please remind me where he is because after the OJ cf I must have forgotten! TIA
Also I have come to have extraordinary faith in some Florida judges especially after the Teresa Sievers murder verdict.
Mr. Bailey thought it would be cute to help himself to millions of dollars out of country that were subject to an order of forfeiture, and took sophisticated steps to hide both the money and his claimed ownership of it. A fellow by the name of Judge Maurice Paul, not a fan of defenders in the first place, took great pleasure in making sure the Government got its money and Mr. Bailey was suspended from practicing law. I believe he may now be reinstated, and he is quite an intelligent fellow, far smarter than Mr. Pattis. Still, his ego and his belief in his own invisibility were his Achilles heel and his reputation has never recovered.

I must quit posting! But I just had to say I think this judge sees right through Mr. Pattis and his client. This isn't his first rodeo, I believe he is a former prosecutor, and he is doing everything by the book. He knows what time of day it is, and is not at all enamored of Pattis, or intimidated by the cameras. I think he will give Pattis just enough rope to make a total fool of himself in court.

Before you go, can you explain why the prosecutor didn't argue for no bail for FD and why Judge Blawie didn't deny bail (based on charges & flight risk) and then made bail an amount within FD's reach? TIA :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3