Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, it's a very gray area.

JS is correct that all of MT's crimes were committed within Hartford county, and generally crimes are tried where they are committed.

I'm unsure what the legal difference is since all of the crimes relate to another crime committed in Fairfield county.

I'm not overly concerned either way, but I would love to hear from others what they think moving to Hartford will change.

Let me wrap my head around this. The most serious crime MT is charged with is conspiracy to commit murder. Regardless as to whether the planning and subsequent cover-up took place in Farmington and Hartford etc., the actual assault and murder took place in NC. So, wouldn’t NC be the most logical and indisputable legal jurisdiction?
Thanks.

I was just thinking this...

Who paid for the interpreter?
Is is a court interpreter OR one a defense picked out....it makes a
Difference? From
Working for FORE did she have an interpreter?

Please...if some one can read and put some condescending info on CT Interpreters Info and Licensing...I would appreciate it. Pages 3, 4 and 5 start the qualifications needed to be a interpreter.

I would do it but I was in a car accident yesterday...brand new driver went through a 4 way stop and hit me....LE believe she may have been texting as driver was not paying attention at all. Anyway, the jarring has aggravated my Parsonage Turner Syndrome....rare nerve disease making my left arm totally numb and hurt...and it makes typing hard.
(Thankfully other driver was okay but that car was totaled...my Pilot we don’t know about yet).

I would say after reading part of the 27 page guide this was at least a licensed interpreter. Thanks so much.

https://www.jud.ct.gov/LEP/LanguageAccessPlan.pdf
Oh, Ms. Josie, I’m so sorry to hear about your auto incident! (I call it that because if it’s found that the new driver was in fact texting when she ran through a stop sign, THAT is no accident.) I hope you feel better soon.

Let me wrap my head around this. The most serious crime MT is charged with is conspiracy to commit murder. Regardless as to whether the planning and subsequent cover-up took place in Farmington and Hartford etc., the actual assault and murder took place in NC. So, wouldn’t NC be the most logical and indisputable legal jurisdiction?
Thanks.
Agree.

It is my belief that JS wants this changed to Hartford because that is where his office is and has familiarity with the courts there. His excuse that potential jurors would be tainted where it is now should be addressed when this does go to trial and ‘try’ for a change of venue then.

MOO

Hypothetically speaking what if LE had some reason to believe that the disposal of evidence happened in a jurisdiction that the perpetrator had chosen because they believed they would receive more leniency in that district? Would that matter?
Hypothetically, I doubt that could be proven, nor do I personally think that's the case here. I think Albany Avenue was chosen for a very different, specific reason.

Thanks.
Yes and no.

If I conspire to commit murder by discussing and taking multiple actions at my home in CT, but the location of said hypothetical murder would've been NY, the crime still took place in CT, regardless of whether the murder happened or not.

Like I said, it's a gray area. The actual conspiracy was NOT in NC. I agree it doesn't make sense on the surface, and I am genuinely interested in how this plays out from a legal standpoint.

ETA: I am NOT a lawyer; this is my lay understanding from previous experience with LE. If there are any lawyers who knows better, PLEASE correct me.

Agree.

It is my belief that JS wants this changed to Hartford because that is where his office is and has familiarity with the courts there. His excuse that potential jurors would be tainted where it is now should be addressed when this does go to trial and ‘try’ for a change of venue then.

MOO
I agree that JS's motivation is likely that he wants to be on home turf. CT isn't large enough IMO to find a truly untainted jury pool at this point.

Not there yet, so more ugh to come.

Was there someone who served her FORE Group role before MT, or were the internal files and books being kept only by FD before her? I have a vague recollection of seeing another name associated with an earlier FORE organization that has long been inactive according to CT Sec of State site, but don't know what role that person played.

IIRC, once JFD's father died and that financial spigot was turned off, FD/FORE Group's outside bookkeeper or accountant bailed, refusing any further involvement to prepare external financial reports or tax returns. IIRC also, the 2-attorney firm that provided services to FD/FORE Group dissolved their association, with one retiring (IIRC) and the other claiming that he was changing his areas of practice. That was before he was arrested as a co-conspirator in JFd's murder.

@Diddian, The issue of who kept the books and records of FORE was something that IMO was danced around for 2 years IMO in Family Court with no clear resolution by Judge Heller other than that she accepted financial information from Fd in drips and drabs that at times seemed pulled from thin air and certainly never came from anything close to audited financial statements. Fd during the early part of the Family Court case was Atty Pyetranker who was later seen with Fd at NCPD when he was asked to come in on 5/25/19 to discuss the situation with a 'missing' JFd. The issue of Atty Pyetrankers exit from Family Court was clear from the record but it wasn't clear if it was the result of payment issues with Fd or because of Atty Pyetranker's role in preparing financial reports for the Court on behalf of Fd which were then greatly criticised and questioned by JFd and her atty.

Fd fought providing any information on FORE Group and excluded FORE valuation information from his personal financial statement and so far as I could see, Judge Heller allowed this game to continue. JFd fought hard against all this and she and her attorney had pressed the financial information hard as Fd had never been required to pay any child support by the Court due to the lack of information and he eventually claimed poverty and said first I think that he had $50,000 or so in income a year and then $0 in income. It also appears he had undertaken an aggressive campaign to hide assets and cash from JFd and engaged MT and friend GF in a property scheme for 123 Hunter property which was discovered by JFd and her attorney and the mortgage officer involved in the scheme was brought into Family Court and deposed and she took the 5th on all questions.

So, during the divorce JFd and GF paid for everything to support the children and JFd and Fd paid $0. Fd claim of poverty also had him representing himself in Family Court which caused no end of chaos and I believe it was also during this time that the very serious psychological issues became evident with the older children which was absolutely heartbreaking. Fd eventually got a new attorney but his delay tactics on the financial disclosure issues continued with little resolution by the Judge Heller. Atty Weinstein clearly documented that during this same period that Fd paid to maintain a very expensive lifestyle with MT and her daughter at 4Jx with travel, entertainment etc. to such places as Miami, Vail, Spain and Greece etc.

The family case did IMO clearly develop the idea that Fd had 2 different financial statements, one which he submitted to Family Court and another that he provided to the banks for FORE and was the basis upon which they lent him money. IMO also the quality of financial information was always suspect as it was never reviewed or audited by an Accountant. During the time of Family Court and the Civil Case Fd had his longtime accountant who left due to the dispute about the conversion of debt to equity with no paperwork and a new accountant who seemed to just take Fd's word that the debt to equity conversion was 'OK'.

Family Court also made clear via the deposition of the first accountant that the Fd/FORE books were just compiled by the accountant each year and the taxes were prepared but little was done beyond this in terms of oversight and review. The financial statements of FORE were not reviewed and were not audited. After the death of FIL, Fd told the then/first accountant to convert the existing FIL loans on the books to equity and the existing accountant asked for documentation etc. to support the request and as Fd didn't have anything to support the request, the accountant refused to make the conversion. Apparently they argued about this issue and so Fd found a new accountant/2nd accountant that was willing to make the switch for book and tax purposes absent any documentation. I believe the original accountant was on the stand in both the Family Court Case and the Civil Case. I'd have to go back and look to see if the new accountant was put on the stand or deposed in the Civil Case.

The Civil Case h/e did bring some clarity to the Quickbooks situation in that it was clearer that Fd maintained the Quickbooks himself and didn't have a bookkeeper. It did appear that there might have been certain issues with the Quickbooks where MT was entering information or finding out information about invoices and contractors. In the first year of the Civil Case the then Judge ordered Fd to provide certain Quickbooks records to Atty Weinstein. Fd ignored this order repeatedly for over a year but it eventually seems like Atty Weinstein did get the Quickbook records requested but if I recall it was relatively close to the time of trial. As expected the Quickbooks showed the money being shifted between FORE and Fd on an ongoing basis. Fd also used personal credit cards of his own and his then employees (at one time he had I believe 4 employees plus any number of subs) and these personal credit cards would be used and be reimbursed by FORE. Atty Weinstein documented any number of personal expenses and travel and meals etc. that were paid for by FORE.

The law firm you referenced in your original post was Kent Mawhinney and his partner Atty Markowitz. KM had long represented Fd in the Civil Case but at the time of the entrance of Atty. P. I believe attempted to resign from the case and it was passed on to new person Atty BM. KM ended up not resigning the case and seemed to hang around the periphery of the case but didn't sit at the main table at trial that we saw (trial coverage wasn't live and news coverage IMO was poor so our visibility wasn't great). Atty. P. showed up on the last day of trial and it was clear IMO that he or his firm wrote most of the motions for Atty BM and that there was a coordinated effort among the attorneys working for Fd during this period. Atty Markowitz in late 2019 announced his 'retirement' and he and KM went their separate ways. Atty Markowitz it is believed documented many of the FORE real estate transactions and wrote contracts for FORE and so Atty Weinstein had to work hard to get old FORE files as Atty Markowitz claimed that the files had been moved or were in disarray and any number of excuses were provided so as to not provide information to Atty Weinstein. Its unclear how much information Atty Weinstein was eventually able to get from Atty Markowitz but it does appear he got some information. Whether the State was able to secure any of the files from Atty Markowitz as part of their possible investigation is unknown and with the search warrant drop that we had in January there was no mention made of searching for Atty Markowitz files.

We have long sought the attachments and exhibits from the Civil Trial but they haven't been made available online as they are believed to be able to answer any of the 100s of questions many folks here have had about Fd and FORE. As I mentioned, the Press coverage of the Civil Trial truly was weak in terms of details as the people that attended simply seemed to seek photos and quick soundbites. There are some videos of Fd coverage from when he was on the stand in the trial that are useful but they aren't complete and no comprehensive end to end video of the trial exists that I'm aware of. I wish we had such a video as it would answer so so many questions.

MOO

I was just thinking this...

Who paid for the interpreter?
Is is a court interpreter OR one a defense picked out....it makes a
Difference? From
Working for FORE did she have an interpreter?

Please...if some one can read and put some condescending info on CT Interpreters Info and Licensing...I would appreciate it. Pages 3, 4 and 5 start the qualifications needed to be a interpreter.

I would do it but I was in a car accident yesterday...brand new driver went through a 4 way stop and hit me....LE believe she may have been texting as driver was not paying attention at all. Anyway, the jarring has aggravated my Parsonage Turner Syndrome....rare nerve disease making my left arm totally numb and hurt...and it makes typing hard.
(Thankfully other driver was okay but that car was totaled...my Pilot we don’t know about yet).

I would say after reading part of the 27 page guide this was at least a licensed interpreter. Thanks so much.

https://www.jud.ct.gov/LEP/LanguageAccessPlan.pdf
@MsJosie, so sorry to hear about your horrible accident and resulting injury! Feel better.

It seems from some of the posts here today that the State pays for the interpreter and that there are licensing requirements for the interpreter. We don't know the name or particular qualifications of the interpreter that we saw in Court during the last MT appearance.

Do we know where Rena lived while she worked for FORE?
Rena has NEVER lived in the US. Rena has ALWAYS lived in Athens. She no doubt travelled to the US to visit her parents who lived near Fd in Canton, CT and possibly her 2 daughters who BOTH went to college in the US. Long-time readers and watchers here on this topic of Rena and her involvement in FORE have long believed her involvement was simply to facilitate the transfer of cash from the US to Greece for reasons which became clearer over time in the Civil Trial but were never fully resolved IMO. Please feel free to do what many of us have done to reach a personal POV on this entire issue of Rena and Fd and FORE and read her Linkedin Profile and the FORE Group history page on the FORE website and make your own decision. We have never had clarity on whether or not Fd even had architectural accreditation in the US such that she would be able to sign off on plans etc. Her linkedin page does not list any of her professional licenses and so the assumption has long been that she might have worked on the book of FORE and any work she might have done (or not) had to be reviewed and signed off on by a licensed architect in the US. Given that Fd rarely listed an architect for any of his houses (itself quite odd in a region where architects are followed) many were left scratching their heads as to how his planning process worked and how his approvals were obtained for his houses.
MOO

IMO, it's a very gray area.

JS is correct that all of MT's crimes were committed within Hartford county, and generally crimes are tried where they are committed.

I'm unsure what the legal difference is since all of the crimes relate to another crime committed in Fairfield county.

I'm not overly concerned either way, but I would love to hear from others what they think moving to Hartford will change.

Strongly disagree that Atty JS is correct about much of anything here AT ALL and certainly NOT the locations of the alleged crimes and in particular the Conspiracy to Commit Murder charge about which discovery materials are not yet even available per Atty Colangelo!

It would be curious though if MT told Atty JS that the items dumped on Albany came from 80MS vs 69/71 Welles, but somehow I seriously doubt anything like this was ever said and even if it was said it seems like the overwhelming issue is that the murder took place at 69/71 Welles in NEW CANAAN!

I do wonder if Atty JS realises that LE and Atty Colangelo haven't yet corroborated ANY PORTION of MT alibi in AW3. If Atty JS believed the MT story of the selfie with the Stop and Shop robot then he is a bigger putz than he IMO already appears to be based on the frivolous motions he has filed thus far on behalf of MT during his first appearance.

AW1-3 provides AT BEST a murky timeline for MT and IMO this is clearly by design. Its odd that Atty JS sought to immediately gain access to a Courtroom Translator to possibly discredit the months and months of MT lying to LE YET it seems he might have believed MT about her timeline and alibi details. Does this make any sense? IMO, it doesn't at all as who believes a person who has demonstrated no ability or willingness to tell the truth about anything and who most likely spent months lying to her prior atty and LE? I do wish LE would charge MT for lying to them for months and simply add this charge to the existing long list of charges as its a punishable offence.

Actually I'm not precisely sure how Atty JS could have made had time to make a motion for a change in venue WHILE ADMITTING THAT HE HADN'T HAD THE FILES TO READ THE AWs. This fact become even more suspect to say nothing of hilarious given that in addition to having the time to write this motion for change in venue that he also had time to write the motion and any number of unseen emails complaining and criticising Atty Bowman for following the rules and returning the MT file Atty Colangelo AS IS THE RULE.

Let that sink in and think about it.

We see a new atty arguing for a change in venue seemingly IN ADVANCE OF READING THE FILES BUT KNOWING ENOUGH TO HIRE A COURTROOM TRANSLATOR SO AS TO ATTEMPT TO DISCREDIT MT LYING TO LE FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS.....does this whole line of thinking seem off to anyone else here?

Why?

But first, how can Atty JS KNOW that the alleged crimes were committed in Hartford it he hadn't read the files? My guess is that he got the information from MT. Well, we know or have suspicions of the quality of that information as MT is the Defendant that seems only able to kinda/sorta tell the truth when confronted with a photo or CCTV with her face or another face on it! And Atty JS just might have believed MT. Oops. Strike 1.

But, Atty JS not having read the files how could he responsibly make a request for a transfer to Hartford? Further, he has ZERO discovery yet on the Conspiracy to Commit Murder charges (we heard Atty. P. moan endlessly about this issue at the time of the Fd suicide and Atty Colangelo said at the MT most recent hearing that the discovery isn't ready yet). I don't think anyone disputes that the murder of JFd took place in New Canaan, CT which the last time I looked was NOT IN HARTFORD COUNTY! Oops. Strike 2.

Ok, so Atty JS doesn't have ANY info other than the AW3 (which he hasn't read BTW as of the time of MT first court appearance with him) and no discovery on the most serious charge and YET he is arguing to move to Hartford!

Being a long time fan of the game of 3 card monte doesn't this request from Atty JS simply seem just a bit too early and a bit too convenient? Did he think that the motion could be simply slid through and that it wouldn't be questioned not only by the Judge but by Atty Colangelo but IMO MOST IMPORTANTLY BY THE RESIDENTS OF FAIRFIELD COUNTY WHO HAVE A VESTED INTEREST IN SEEING JUSTICE FOR A MURDER COMMITTED IN ONE OF THE SAFEST TOWNS IN CT! But what was so funny about this change of venue motion was that Atty JS showed up in Court and wasn't even prepared to make the argument? Who does this?

There can be any number of reasons why Atty JS would like to move this case to Hartford starting with the most simplest first: transportation and time. Atty JS and MT live in/around Hartford and most people given their choice don't want to spend 3+hrs commuting to go to Court. IMO this isn't a reason to change a venue and why have a Hartford lawyer handle a Stamford case to begin with? Simply IMO makes zero sense.

We have long talked about the issue of "The Two CT's" and how Hartford operates largely almost entirely separately from the Fairfield County region which is NY focused almost exclusively (media markets are totally different too as most in Fairfield Country have zero interest in Hartford news as they work mainly in NY). The crime dynamics in Hartford are quite different from Fairfield County as well (with exception of BPT IMO) as I believe a few years ago the then Chief of Police of Hartford called the city I believe 'unpoliceable' and 'ungovernable'. We also saw how the Courts in Hartford work on the Fd Civil Case with Judge Noble. All I can say after watching that procedural fiasco play out is why would anyone expect that the Criminal Courts of Hartford would be much different from the Civil Courts of Hartford?

So, my guess is that a good part of this request is that Atty JS simply doesn't want to drive 1.5 hrs each way down to Stamford and ditto for MT. Atty JS isn't familiar with Stamford and has spent nearly 30 years by all accounts in Hartford. We haven't checked his historical cases to find out if he has been active at all in/around Stamford. We will have to check this out and see but my guess is that we saw a reflex filing from Atty JS to put this case in a place where he is comfortable and 'knows people' and 'how things work' and felt able to 'control his environment' too.

Mama A IMO made a HUGE error in engaging someone from Hartford as this murder and victim will always be a New Canaan case with the only tie to Farmington being that Fd and MT lived there but the person that was murdered lived in NC. To pick an attorney that is really 'outside of area' loses hometown advantage in the Court IMO so I'm not sure why it was done other than to save money. IMO penny wise and very pound foolish (assuming of course that Atty JS is being paid privately and NOT by the State). I do strongly believe that Atty JS sought his hometown advantage and simply looked for information in the case to support moving the case to a place where he felt more comfortable and where he felt his client might get an easier time possibly.

Atty JS fired up his computer and issued a motion to complain about Atty Bowman and the file transfer and IMO in the time to write and file this motion he could have simply driven to Stamford to pick up the files. YET HE DIDN'T and yet he still complained about it until Judge White shut him down completely. This tells me Atty JS wants to stay close to home, has no interest in driving to Stamford and further it isn't his comfort zone where he knows the court clerks and the Judges and has an easy commute and can get a parking spot and not have to deal with bumper to bumper traffic in both directions.

The differences in the demographics of No. and So CT cannot be underestimated and Atty JS felt after hearing from Mama A and MT that Hartford would give his client some advantage in part possibly due to potential jury pool differences between the two cities. IMO this was a quite obvious Strike 2 for Atty JS.

Atty JS with whatever information he had cited the NY media market too as a reason to move to Hartford. IMO this was simply Strike 3 as it acknowledged clearly the strong interest in the case in the Southern part of the State. But, it also IMO speaks to not understanding the willingness of media to travel to get their story. Nobody from NY wants to go to Hartford willingly IMO but they will travel and set up camp to make sure that justice is served in this case and that the evolving story is told. The Hartford Press (in the form of the HC and Dave Altimari in particular) most likely eventually IMO will be a case study in some Journalism School somewhere on how not to cover a case. So, I hope Atty JS hasn't been reading the HC for his coverage of the Dulos case as with few exceptions they have been of little assistance in terms of investigating anything relevant to the case and simply served as a pipeline for the 'alibi script' of Fd and MT for months and months.

It's discouraging and absolutely disheartening to see someone show up so unprepared for Court in a Murder trial such as I believe we saw this past week and so I'm filing the first Atty JS appearance in my file of 'Only In CT'. Further to see manipulation of the system be it to gain a translator for someone who operates with a solid foundation of english to loosening restrictions of monitoring to include trips to Starbucks and hair appointments and shopping and finally the change in venue demand is so profoundly disappointing as well on so many levels!

I do hope that the family of JFd weigh in on this question of possible change in venue to Hartford as I believe its a vitally important issue. Additionally I hope the Judge considers the desire of the citizens of Fairfield County to see MT tried close to where the murder of JFd actually occurred.

MOO

Last edited:
Strongly disagree that Atty JS is correct about much of anything here AT ALL and certainly NOT the locations of th
even
f MT told Atty JS that the items dumped on Albany came from 80MS vs 69/71 Welles, but somehow I seriously doubt anything like this was ever said and even if it was said it seems like the overwhelming issue is that the murder took place at 69/71 Welles in NEW CANAAN!

I do wonder if Atty JS realises that LE and Atty Colangelo haven't yet corroborated ANY PORTION of MT alibi in AW3. If Atty JS believed the MT story of the selfie with the Stop and Shop robot then he is a bigger putz than he IMO already appears to be based on the frivolous motions he has filed thus far on behalf of MT during his first appearance.

AW1-3 provides AT BEST a murky timeline for MT and IMO this is clearly by design. Its odd that Atty JS sought to immediately gain access to a Courtroom Translator to possibly discredit the months and months of MT lying to LE YET it seems he might have believed MT about her timeline and alibi details. Does this make any sense? IMO, it doesn't at all as who believes a person who has demonstrated no ability or willingness to tell the truth about anything and who most likely spent months lying to her prior atty and LE? I do wish LE would charge MT for lying to them for months and simply add this charge to the existing long list of charges as its a punishable offence.

Actually I'm not precisely sure how Atty JS could have made had time to make a motion for a change in venue WHILE ADMITTING THAT HE HADN'T HAD THE FILES TO READ THE AWs. This fact become even more suspect to say nothing of hilarious given that in addition to having the time to write this motion for change in venue that he also had time to write the motion and any number of unseen emails complaining and criticising Atty Bowman for following the rules and returning the MT file Atty Colangelo AS IS THE RULE.

Let that sink in and think about it.

We see a new atty arguing for a change in venue seemingly IN ADVANCE OF READING THE FILES BUT KNOWING ENOUGH TO HIRE A COURTROOM TRANSLATOR SO AS TO ATTEMPT TO DISCREDIT MT LYING TO LE FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS.....does this whole line of thinking seem off to anyone else here?

Why?

But first, how can Atty JS KNOW that the alleged crimes were committed in Hartford it he hadn't read the files? My guess is that he got the information from MT. Well, we know or have suspicions of the quality of that information as MT is the Defendant that seems only able to kinda/sorta tell the truth when confronted with a photo or CCTV with her face or another face on it! And Atty JS just might have believed MT. Oops. Strike 1.

But, Atty JS not having read the files how could he responsibly make a request for a transfer to Hartford? Further, he has ZERO discovery yet on the Conspiracy to Commit Murder charges (we heard Atty. P. moan endlessly about this issue at the time of the Fd suicide and Atty Colangelo said at the MT most recent hearing that the discovery isn't ready yet). I don't think anyone disputes that the murder of JFd took place in New Canaan, CT which the last time I looked was NOT IN HARTFORD COUNTY! Oops. Strike 2.

Ok, so Atty JS doesn't have ANY info other than the AW3 (which he hasn't read BTW as of the time of MT first court appearance with him) and no discovery on the most serious charge and YET he is arguing to move to Hartford!

Being a long time fan of the game of 3 card monte doesn't this request from Atty JS simply seem just a bit too early and a bit too convenient? Did he think that the motion could be simply slid through and that it wouldn't be questioned not only by the Judge but by Atty Colangelo but IMO MOST IMPORTANTLY BY THE RESIDENTS OF FAIRFIELD COUNTY WHO HAVE A VESTED INTEREST IN SEEING JUSTICE FOR A MURDER COMMITTED IN ONE OF THE SAFEST TOWNS IN CT! But what was so funny about this change of venue motion was that Atty JS showed up in Court and wasn't even prepared to make the argument? Who does this?

There can be any number of reasons why Atty JS would like to move this case to Hartford starting with the most simplest first: transportation and time. Atty JS and MT live in/around Hartford and most people given their choice don't want to spend 3+hrs commuting to go to Court. IMO this isn't a reason to change a venue and why have a Hartford lawyer handle a Stamford case to begin with? Simply IMO makes zero sense.

We have long talked about the issue of "The Two CT's" and how Hartford operates largely almost entirely separately from the Fairfield County region which is NY focused almost exclusively (media markets are totally different too as most in Fairfield Country have zero interest in Hartford news as they work mainly in NY). The crime dynamics in Hartford are quite different from Fairfield County as well (with exception of BPT IMO) as I believe a few years ago the then Chief of Police of Hartford called the city I believe 'unpoliceable' and 'ungovernable'. We also saw how the Courts in Hartford work on the Fd Civil Case with Judge Noble. All I can say after watching that procedural fiasco play out is why would anyone expect that the Criminal Courts of Hartford would be much different from the Civil Courts of Hartford?

So, my guess is that a good part of this request is that Atty JS simply doesn't want to drive 1.5 hrs each way down to Stamford and ditto for MT. Atty JS isn't familiar with Stamford and has spent nearly 30 years by all accounts in Hartford. We haven't checked his historical cases to find out if he has been active at all in/around Stamford. We will have to check this out and see but my guess is that we saw a reflex filing from Atty JS to put this case in a place where he is comfortable and 'knows people' and 'how things work' and felt able to 'control his environment' too.

Mama A IMO made a HUGE error in engaging someone from Hartford as this murder and victim will always be a New Canaan case with the only tie to Farmington being that Fd and MT lived there but the person that was murdered lived in NC. To pick an attorney that is really 'outside of area' loses hometown advantage in the Court IMO so I'm not sure why it was done other than to save money. IMO penny wise and very pound foolish (assuming of course that Atty JS is being paid privately and NOT by the State). I do strongly believe that Atty JS sought his hometown advantage and simply looked for information in the case to support moving the case to a place where he felt more comfortable and where he felt his client might get an easier time possibly.

Atty JS fired up his computer and issued a motion to complain about Atty Bowman and the file transfer and IMO in the time to write and file this motion he could have simply driven to Stamford to pick up the files. YET HE DIDN'T and yet he still complained about it until Judge White shut him down completely. This tells me Atty JS wants to stay close to home, has no interest in driving to Stamford and further it isn't his comfort zone where he knows the court clerks and the Judges and has an easy commute and can get a parking spot and not have to deal with bumper to bumper traffic in both directions.

The differences in the demographics of No. and So CT cannot be underestimated and Atty JS felt after hearing from Mama A and MT that Hartford would give his client some advantage in part possibly due to potential jury pool differences between the two cities. IMO this was a quite obvious Strike 2 for Atty JS.

Atty JS with whatever information he had cited the NY media market too as a reason to move to Hartford. IMO this was simply Strike 3 as it acknowledged clearly the strong interest in the case in the Southern part of the State. But, it also IMO speaks to not understanding the willingness of media to travel to get their story. Nobody from NY wants to go to Hartford willingly IMO but they will travel and set up camp to make sure that justice is served in this case and that the evolving story is told. The Hartford Press (in the form of the HC and Dave Altimari in particular) most likely eventually IMO will be a case study in some Journalism School somewhere on how not to cover a case. So, I hope Atty JS hasn't been reading the HC for his coverage of the Dulos case as with few exceptions they have been of little assistance in terms of investigating anything relevant to the case and simply served as a pipeline for the 'alibi script' of Fd and MT for months and months.

It's discouraging and absolutely disheartening to see someone show up so unprepared for Court in a Murder trial such as I believe we saw this past week and so I'm filing the first Atty JS appearance in my file of 'Only In CT'. Further to see manipulation of the system be it to gain a translator for someone who operates with a solid foundation of english to loosening restrictions of monitoring to include trips to Starbucks and hair appointments and shopping and finally the change in venue demand is so profoundly disappointing as well on so many levels!

I do hope that the family of JFd weigh in on this question of possible change in venue to Hartford as I believe its a vitally important issue. Additionally I hope the Judge considers the desire of the citizens of Fairfield County to see MT tried close to where the murder of JFd actually occurred.

MOO

Yes, yes and yes!

Thank you for some very needed perspective and clarity!

If anyone would like to lay bets on this gambit to move to an irrelevant venue being remotely successful, I’ll take that on and give very good odds.

MOO MOO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member