Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you missed it, more background on the custody report that was part of the Dulos Divorce proceedings in Civil Court...

Judge in Dulos divorce case proposes amendments to rules regarding child custody disputes

Feb 20, 2020

The judge who oversaw the bitter Dulos divorce case, which she recently dismissed after Fotis Dulos’ death, asked a judicial rules committee Monday to amend a section of the practice book regarding the use of child custody experts to streamline the process and make it more transparent.

[..]

While Heller didn’t mention the Dulos divorce in her letter, one of the biggest issues in that case was the child custody report submitted by Dr. Steven Herman last April and the battle over its contents in the days before Jennifer Farber Dulos disappeared.

[..]

Dulos’ attorneys have said the Herman report was favorable to him, although it has never been made public. Herman interviewed Dulos as many as 14 times as well as Jennifer Farber Dulos and all five of their children.

When Herman’s report was submitted Dulos asked for emergency custody hearings. Heller had limited Dulos’ time with the couple’s children, ordering supervised visitations with court monitors present.

[..]

Heller held secret court hearings on May 14 and May 17 where Herman testified about his report. During the second hearing sources said Herman left the courtroom and failed to finish testifying. Herman had been paid $20,000 to do the report and then he asked Dulos to pay him an additional $8,000 to testify about it in court.

[..]

Under Heller’s proposed changes Herman also would have had to submit the report to the court — and not to Michael Meehan, the court-appointed guardian ad litem in the case. In the Dulos case, her attorney Rueben Midler accused the guardian ad litem, who is appointed by the judge, of distributing the report to Dulos’ then-attorney Michael Rose. Midler filed a motion asking that Heller remove Meehan as the guardian ad litem because he “gave and permitted access to the report to the Defendant and his counsel and thereby disseminated its contents without authorization from the court.”

Heller was angry that Herman’s report wasn’t immediately sealed and was circulated at least among the attorneys and that somehow Dulos himself had a copy of it. State police found a copy of the report in his Jefferson Crossing home when they searched it last June.

ETA: Hmmm...
I think if each party was required to pay Herman $20,000 for the tardy, custody evaluation report plus FD charged an additional $8,000 to testify, the Herman incident now valued at $48,000! MOO

I always thought a defendant can only ask for any exculpatory evidence that the prosecution may have--and ask the court to order the prosecution to give it to the defendant. I've never heard of a defendant asking the judge to get possible evidence for the defense from somewhere else.

Again, I deplore Attorney Shoenhorn's continued tactics to abuse the court's time and resources! :mad:

Criminal defendant MT obviously has knowledge of the content of the custody evaluation report because FD had a copy of the report at the home they shared together. I believe even Pattis had a copy. I think MT knew better than to try and push the report on her previous attorney.

So how did the criminal defense get this information? IMO, they're an unethical bunch...

Reportedly, instead of filing the report with the family court under seal, Dr. Herman gave the report to Michael Meehan, the court-appointed guardian ad litem in the case who's accused of allegedly permitting FD's lawyer (and FD) access to the report information without authorization from the court.

Colangelo's office has never had the report -- why would they?

And good to see that the DA's office is not falling for Shoenhorn's noise, noise, noise...

Better late than never, Judge Heller recently asked the judicial rules committee to amend a section of the practice book regarding the use of child custody experts, and her suggested changes included: adding a deadline for the expert to file the results of their evaluation with the court under seal; a court order specifying the amount an expert will be paid and how the cost will be split; and how much they will be paid if asked to testify.

Judge who oversaw Dulos divorce case proposes new laws regarding child custody disputes

Last edited:
My first thought that MT does not want her camera on....is it because she is NOT in the USA? We don’t even know if she wears a monitor if she is out of state visiting her sickly dad....I would think not! Would another state actually monitor her? I doubt it. They have enough to do with their own felons and Covid issues. Why track someone else. Something if fishy here...rotten fishy.

If you missed it, more background on the custody report that was part of the Dulos Divorce proceedings in Civil Court...

Judge in Dulos divorce case proposes amendments to rules regarding child custody disputes

Feb 20, 2020

The judge who oversaw the bitter Dulos divorce case, which she recently dismissed after Fotis Dulos’ death, asked a judicial rules committee Monday to amend a section of the practice book regarding the use of child custody experts to streamline the process and make it more transparent.

[..]

While Heller didn’t mention the Dulos divorce in her letter, one of the biggest issues in that case was the child custody report submitted by Dr. Steven Herman last April and the battle over its contents in the days before Jennifer Farber Dulos disappeared.

[..]

Dulos’ attorneys have said the Herman report was favorable to him, although it has never been made public. Herman interviewed Dulos as many as 14 times as well as Jennifer Farber Dulos and all five of their children.

When Herman’s report was submitted Dulos asked for emergency custody hearings. Heller had limited Dulos’ time with the couple’s children, ordering supervised visitations with court monitors present.

[..]

Heller held secret court hearings on May 14 and May 17 where Herman testified about his report. During the second hearing sources said Herman left the courtroom and failed to finish testifying. Herman had been paid $20,000 to do the report and then he asked Dulos to pay him an additional $8,000 to testify about it in court.

[..]

Under Heller’s proposed changes Herman also would have had to submit the report to the court — and not to Michael Meehan, the court-appointed guardian ad litem in the case. In the Dulos case, her attorney Rueben Midler accused the guardian ad litem, who is appointed by the judge, of distributing the report to Dulos’ then-attorney Michael Rose. Midler filed a motion asking that Heller remove Meehan as the guardian ad litem because he “gave and permitted access to the report to the Defendant and his counsel and thereby disseminated its contents without authorization from the court.”

Heller was angry that Herman’s report wasn’t immediately sealed and was circulated at least among the attorneys and that somehow Dulos himself had a copy of it. State police found a copy of the report in his Jefferson Crossing home when they searched it last June.

ETA: Hmmm...
I think if each party was required to pay Herman $20,000 for the tardy, custody evaluation report plus FD charged an additional $8,000 to testify, the Herman incident now valued at $48,000! MOO
Thanks for this, Seattle. Wondering how many writers are working on a manuscript of this complicated case.

Again, I deplore Attorney Shoenhorn's continued tactics to abuse the court's time and resources! :mad:

Criminal defendant MT obviously has knowledge of the content of the custody evaluation report because FD had a copy of the report at the home they shared together. I believe even Pattis had a copy. I think MT knew better than to try and push the report on her previous attorney.

So how did the criminal defense get this information? IMO, they're an unethical bunch...

Reportedly, instead of filing the report with the family court under seal, Dr. Herman gave the report to Michael Meehan, the court-appointed guardian ad litem in the case who's accused of allegedly permitting FD's lawyer (and FD) access to the report information without authorization from the court.

And good to see that the DA's office is not falling for Shoenhorn's noise, noise, noise...

Better late than never, Judge Heller recently asked the judicial rules committee to amend a section of the practice book regarding the use of child custody experts, and her suggested changes included: adding a deadline for the expert to file the results of their evaluation with the court under seal; a court order specifying the amount an expert will be paid and how the cost will be split; and how much they will be paid if asked to testify.

Judge who oversaw Dulos divorce case proposes new laws regarding child custody disputes

Michelle Troconis' Lawyer Seeks To Move Jennifer Dulos Court Case

Shoe-horn also wants JFD manuscript?
What possible relevance? I thought he was trying for a Gone-Girl defense, but at hearing he said Jennifer was possibly murdered in Hartford area, (b/c of zip ties), not NC.

Wonderful post Seattle1...Bravo!.

I have been thinking for a long time that MT has some idea what's in the report, if she didn't fully read it while it was in FD's possession. (of course, it was written in English so it may have been challenging for her.

Furthermore, it was strange, but fortuitous when Attorney Smith just happened to find it while searching for FD's passport.

Better late than never, so pleased to read that Judge Heller is addressing the problem with child custody experts. It's a much needed amendment to the practice book, IMO....MOO

Michelle Troconis' Lawyer Seeks To Move Jennifer Dulos Court Case

Shoe-horn also wants JFD manuscript?
What possible relevance? I thought he was trying for a Gone-Girl defense, but at hearing he said Jennifer was possibly murdered in Hartford area, (b/c of zip ties), not NC.

JR, what an opportunist!!

Since Shoenhorn is also seeking JFD's draft manuscript in his never-ending list of requests of the court, we shouldn't be surprised if his intent all along was to simply copy NP's defense playbook. :eek:

At least we know that he won't be likable to a jury....

MOO

JR, what an opportunist!!

Since Shoenhorn is also seeking JFD's draft manuscript in his never-ending list of requests of the court, we shouldn't be surprised if his intent all along was to simply copy NP's defense playbook. :eek:

At least we know that he won't be likable to a jury....

MOO
Yeh--the ms and the psych report--to me that looks like he's going for NP's G-G defense. BUT JS said at the last hearing he wants case transferred to Hartford area b/c the murder could have taken place there, given the zip-ties. Cognitive dissonance. :(

Attachments

• 839AD102-056A-4001-9EE0-D58AF389EC5F.jpeg
    839AD102-056A-4001-9EE0-D58AF389EC5F.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 77C13C0C-7CCD-494B-8B2B-9EA89CECBFA1.jpeg
    77C13C0C-7CCD-494B-8B2B-9EA89CECBFA1.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 74
  • B7628526-321D-4289-B97D-BC2AF1F32CD2.jpeg
    B7628526-321D-4289-B97D-BC2AF1F32CD2.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 75
  • BEF81534-751F-4EDF-BE59-57CB92648F83.jpeg
    BEF81534-751F-4EDF-BE59-57CB92648F83.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 54
My first thought that MT does not want her camera on....is it because she is NOT in the USA? We don’t even know if she wears a monitor if she is out of state visiting her sickly dad....I would think not! Would another state actually monitor her? I doubt it. They have enough to do with their own felons and Covid issues. Why track someone else. Something if fishy here...rotten fishy.

In the pic below, we see MT with a phone up to her ear while on the video conference in question.

The phone indicates that she is receiving translation services over her phone and the gentlemen with large headphones is her interpreter.

I have NO Doubt that MT wanted to put that phone down and listen to the proceeding In English and she could Not do that if her Video Camera was On.

We have previous behavior with an interpreter in court. MT basically all but removed her headphones except a sliver of one side.

Michele Troconis Absolutely Understands English and Prefers to listen to the proceedings In English.

The Continued Antics by Michele Troconis in regards to the Brutal Murder of Jennifer Farber dulos.

IMO.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 37
In the pic below, we see MT with a phone up to her ear while on the video conference in question.

The phone indicates that she is receiving translation services over her phone and the gentlemen with large headphones is her interpreter.

I have NO Doubt that MT wanted to put that phone down and listen to the proceeding In English and she could Not do that if her Video Camera was On.

We have previous behavior with an interpreter in court. MT basically all but removed her headphones except a sliver of one side.

Michele Troconis Absolutely Understands English and Prefers to listen to the proceedings In English.

The Continued Antics by Michele Troconis in regards to the Brutal Murder of Jennifer Farber dulos.

IMO.

This is exactly what I meant when I asked (somewhere) about her interpreter. I knew she didn’t need one

IMO.
Thanks CT Grammy...I had not seen the picture. I figured part of the issue would be she did not want anyone seeing the background of the rom and seeing just where she was. Nothing like asking for a Spanish interpreter and then not understanding the Spanish interpreter. She had to be careful. Probably had another ear piece in the ear not using the phone so someone could tell,her in English what was said.
What a goof. Saying it nicely.

Is this the first we've heard of the Weed address?

JMO

Investigation uncovered surveillance video that captured Jennifer Dulos?
black Chevrolet Suburban leaving Welles Lane at 10:25am.
the vehicle is then seen southbound on Weed St in another captured image at 10:29am and ultimately ending up on Lapham Rd adjacent to
Waveny Park.
Jennifer Dulos Search Warrants (documentcloud.org)

Investigation uncovered surveillance video that captured Jennifer Dulos?
black Chevrolet Suburban leaving Welles Lane at 10:25am.
the vehicle is then seen southbound on Weed St in another captured image at 10:29am and ultimately ending up on Lapham Rd adjacent to
Waveny Park.
Jennifer Dulos Search Warrants (documentcloud.org)
Okay. I am tad lost here.
Does this indicate he drove down Welles Lane, then traveled to Weed St. to pick up his bike and back to Lapham Rd?
Didn't Weed St. back up to Welles Lane?

Okay. I am tad lost here.
Does this indicate he drove down Welles Lane, then traveled to Weed St. to pick up his bike and back to Lapham Rd?
Didn't Weed St. back up to Welles Lane?

I'm confused too. Is this possibly the video of the OTHER black Suburban, parked on a street? 2 miles from Welles....

JMconfusedOpinion

I'm confused too. Is this possibly the video of the OTHER black Suburban, parked on a street? 2 miles from Welles....

JMconfusedOpinion

I noticed the address, too. It's the first time I was aware that the police had identified the source of the video. Good old JS....bet the folks who live there are thrilled.

Edited:
Just looked at the map. It appears there is/was some new construction in that area. Wonder how recent this is? Would any of those construction areas have been a good place to deposit a body?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member