Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, at least the oldest pair of twins had competed for Greece as waterskiiers:

Missing woman Jennifer Dulos said her estranged husband’s water skiing coaching was 'dangerous and excessive.' Others saw him as a 'caring father' on the water.

...Fotis Dulos when he and his children competed in the Greek Waterski Nationals in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.

Competing for Greece implies dual citizenship, IDK how that might impact the passport situation? I do have a friend who is a dual citizen of the US and New Zealand -- and has 2 separate passports.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the children had Greek passports.

IMHO, seeing a passport that had been stamped in & out previously might not arouse any suspicion, either.

jmho ymmv lrr

It is not legal to get a US passport for children with the consent of only one parent where there are two. If JFD held the physical passports, it would be hard for the fD to replace them. I am speculating, but maybe Greek passports can be acquired with one parent.

If there is a concern, LE can easily flag certain travelers. This doesn't apply to private jets, etc., but the easiest way to travel is to book a commercial international flight. I find it very unlikely that fD would have been able to board a commercial flight even with US passports. However, Greek passports, Greek spellings and perhaps variations in names...variations in transliterations between alphabets...it might have been easier to board and take off.

For that matter, in airports single persons travelling FROM a native country with children without the other parent raises suspicion even if the individuals are not flagged, and often gets investigated before take-off, at least with a quick warrant check, interview, etc. Parent abductions are the most common abductions. Travelling TO a native country is less suspicious, looks less like abduction.

Who knows what was going on. I can't read the mind of any man, let alone a dead one. But I don't think he really wanted to relocate. He wanted complete control of Jennifer, and the passports would have been a big threat, and would have helped him achieve that control.

That is a very astute assessment of the situation...at the very least, we know that fD was not to be trusted, and that Jennifer had much to be legitimately concerned about

IIRC, at least the oldest pair of twins had competed for Greece as waterskiiers:

Missing woman Jennifer Dulos said her estranged husband’s water skiing coaching was 'dangerous and excessive.' Others saw him as a 'caring father' on the water.

...Fotis Dulos when he and his children competed in the Greek Waterski Nationals in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.

Competing for Greece implies dual citizenship, IDK how that might impact the passport situation? I do have a friend who is a dual citizen of the US and New Zealand -- and has 2 separate passports.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the children had Greek passports.

IMHO, seeing a passport that had been stamped in & out previously might not arouse any suspicion, either.

jmho ymmv lrr

On the subjects of the kids passports, and reminder of other ways in which FD lied and used his kids...

Accusations of Threats, Lying, Manipulation in Missing New Canaan Woman’s Divorce Case

“He had applied for Greek passports for himself and the children and told Jennifer Dulos days before she filed for divorce and custody that he had scheduled an interview at the Greek consulate in New York City, and booked a trip to leave July 1, 2017, she said....

Under Colin’s order, the children were “not to be exposed to any romantic partner of the parents” and both parents were “prohibited from taking any further steps to obtain any passports for the children or to apply the children for any other citizenship.” Jennifer Dulos was to have exclusive possession of her New Canaan home, while Fotis Dulos would have exclusive possession of the Farmington house....

“He informed me that our children and I will continue to reside in the marital home every weekend and during the summer, so that we all (his paramour and her daughter included) would be together,” Jennifer Dulos said in her affidavit. “He also informed me that he will come and go from my mother’s residence whenever he wants during the week. Essentially, he expects to continue to exhibit complete control over me and the children.”

In filing his objection to the custody order, Fotis Dulos said he “has no present intention of moving Ms. Arreaza and her daughter into the marital home.”

He also said that “the children shall not be permitted to operate a motor vehicle.” The judge referred to a claim Jennifer Dulos made in her emergency custody filing, that on June 2, 2017, “in an effort to taunt, terrify and elicit a reaction from me,” Fotis Dulos had allowed three of their children, aged 9 to 11, “to take turns driving his Porsche Cayenne.”

“He sat in the passenger’s seat, and left each child alone in the driver’s seat to operate the car, in total control of the gas, brake and steering wheel,” Jennifer Dulos said in her affidavit. “The other children were riding in the backseat while each sibling drove. My husband allowed the children to drive around the neighborhood, and even allowed our son … [to] drive on a public road that is busy, swerving and dangerous.”

On the subjects of the kids passports, and reminder of other ways in which FD lied and used his kids...

Accusations of Threats, Lying, Manipulation in Missing New Canaan Woman’s Divorce Case

“He had applied for Greek passports for himself and the children and told Jennifer Dulos days before she filed for divorce and custody that he had scheduled an interview at the Greek consulate in New York City, and booked a trip to leave July 1, 2017, she said....

Under Colin’s order, the children were “not to be exposed to any romantic partner of the parents” and both parents were “prohibited from taking any further steps to obtain any passports for the children or to apply the children for any other citizenship.” Jennifer Dulos was to have exclusive possession of her New Canaan home, while Fotis Dulos would have exclusive possession of the Farmington house....

“He informed me that our children and I will continue to reside in the marital home every weekend and during the summer, so that we all (his paramour and her daughter included) would be together,” Jennifer Dulos said in her affidavit. “He also informed me that he will come and go from my mother’s residence whenever he wants during the week. Essentially, he expects to continue to exhibit complete control over me and the children.”

In filing his objection to the custody order, Fotis Dulos said he “has no present intention of moving Ms. Arreaza and her daughter into the marital home.”

He also said that “the children shall not be permitted to operate a motor vehicle.” The judge referred to a claim Jennifer Dulos made in her emergency custody filing, that on June 2, 2017, “in an effort to taunt, terrify and elicit a reaction from me,” Fotis Dulos had allowed three of their children, aged 9 to 11, “to take turns driving his Porsche Cayenne.”

“He sat in the passenger’s seat, and left each child alone in the driver’s seat to operate the car, in total control of the gas, brake and steering wheel,” Jennifer Dulos said in her affidavit. “The other children were riding in the backseat while each sibling drove. My husband allowed the children to drive around the neighborhood, and even allowed our son … [to] drive on a public road that is busy, swerving and dangerous.”

I must say that I find this part of the judge's statements troubling because it seems to treat either party's responses as equivalent contributors to a problem:

The judge also denied Fotis Dulos’s request the the children be removed from New Canaan back to Farmington, a position that “is likely motivated by his understandable anger and hurt over the unfortunate way that the children’s move to New Canaan was handled,” Colin said in his ruling.

“It is clear that in the weeks immediately preceding the filing of this action, the atmosphere in the parties’ home deteriorated,” Colin said. “The plaintiff was upset over the breakdown of the marriage and what she perceived to be the defendant’s controlling and aggressive behavior. The defendant became upset because he felt that he could no longer control the situation and unilaterally dictate its outcome.

When Party A removes herself from abuse and takes the children she shares with Party B with her and Party B is frustrated because he no longer has Party A within his control to abuse in front of their children (which is abusive to the children), Party A has done the right thing and Party B has been stopped from continuing to do a wrong thing.

I must say that I find this part of the judge's statements troubling because it seems to treat either party's responses as equivalent contributors to a problem:

The judge also denied Fotis Dulos’s request the the children be removed from New Canaan back to Farmington, a position that “is likely motivated by his understandable anger and hurt over the unfortunate way that the children’s move to New Canaan was handled,” Colin said in his ruling.

“It is clear that in the weeks immediately preceding the filing of this action, the atmosphere in the parties’ home deteriorated,” Colin said. “The plaintiff was upset over the breakdown of the marriage and what she perceived to be the defendant’s controlling and aggressive behavior. The defendant became upset because he felt that he could no longer control the situation and unilaterally dictate its outcome.

When Party A removes herself from abuse and takes the children she shares with Party B with her and Party B is frustrated because he no longer has Party A within his control to abuse in front of their children (which is abusive to the children), Party A has done the right thing and Party B has been stopped from continuing to do a wrong thing.

I agree with you-that disturbed me, too

My thoughts exactly as I read that quote. I hope that "Jennifer's Law" will make judges "reevaluate" their line of thinking.

03/09/2021

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that KENT MAWHINNEY, with docket number FST CR200241179T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 06/21/2021. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that may be available on this case.

For more information, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428. For updates about this case or for driving directions to the courthouse, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov.

This notification is sponsored by the Connecticut SAVIN Program. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,

The Connecticut SAVIN Program

v3_N9EQYRqRd9CxWg4plaUMZb8P-pp4qbK7JAfgbvMKHF_feNOkLF7JMKK_7-8HFeNHW5-0M38IXu3u1ZNFvurum26-rz7jGaO4vihzaPja3ncLb1438_pD7KfEaQ1uhCvKHLQ0We6a_-4xs2580tIio0yu6NQM32VdYhhb3N44S0WkRs9ts2_tCme8UZ_nwxJFZNn0pmL2M3KDjPOqzsRGRNAiFkCP1o-F6crjbEGRwhZSPN9LqtLDPGl4419wb1JsTjnZRgNQ8Llq99jXEe4O0339i4JJFhWLDReuTHP9rFpJfyZSPkYkrCXqNu4syS3qAK33uRsqlOEy4qcyGyRADe4Bm2FE_9MjG6i37QnEDV-ZcC5EgMWclj3uYftgWPX60rdkQ2h7baeepD7ZiRcfmdkN7cLdx_2yGuJJKkIyNqATbYhJNMhD9MKFXs9RpjcTBsI1igd6YF90ax57fGrsmg

When I think of what happened, I think in terms of fd and Michelle Troconis. They bought zip ties, they bought biohazard bags, and so on.

Even worse. They had no money of their own.... only Jennifer's.... So, sadly, she paid for those items unknowingly. These people are so sick. I pray Jennifer is found soon so that the remaining sickos can be prosecuted to the FULLEST extent of the law. Jmo

snipped by me
03/09/2021

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that KENT MAWHINNEY, with docket number FST CR200241179T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 06/21/2021. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.
v3_N9EQYRqRd9CxWg4plaUMZb8P-pp4qbK7JAfgbvMKHF_feNOkLF7JMKK_7-8HFeNHW5-0M38IXu3u1ZNFvurum26-rz7jGaO4vihzaPja3ncLb1438_pD7KfEaQ1uhCvKHLQ0We6a_-4xs2580tIio0yu6NQM32VdYhhb3N44S0WkRs9ts2_tCme8UZ_nwxJFZNn0pmL2M3KDjPOqzsRGRNAiFkCP1o-F6crjbEGRwhZSPN9LqtLDPGl4419wb1JsTjnZRgNQ8Llq99jXEe4O0339i4JJFhWLDReuTHP9rFpJfyZSPkYkrCXqNu4syS3qAK33uRsqlOEy4qcyGyRADe4Bm2FE_9MjG6i37QnEDV-ZcC5EgMWclj3uYftgWPX60rdkQ2h7baeepD7ZiRcfmdkN7cLdx_2yGuJJKkIyNqATbYhJNMhD9MKFXs9RpjcTBsI1igd6YF90ax57fGrsmg

This is the murder charge just in case anyone was wondering! :)

sorry - I wrote it wrong - no murder charge per se - see above post ^^
No prob. Saw your un intentional abbreviation. Murder/conspiracy to commit...tomatoes/tomahtoes.
IMO She should still be racing to make any deal that may lessen the future pain of her daughter, but if the stance of her family indicates anything, the “ride-or-die-deny”
selfishness will be their downfall.
Moo

I’ve always thought he put Jennifer somewhere with meaning. Somewhere that meant something to her, and not him, or somewhere that deliberately ‘taught her a lesson’- forever. I do not think his need to be close to her - forever-is out of the realm of possibilities. IMO FD was a narcissist and a killer; having his trophy close enough to fuel his ego on a daily basis is the ultimate control. I think it every time I see his smug smirk. For one maybe over the top moment, after seeing him obsessively sweeping and picking over that porch, I even considered if he might have incorporated her into one of his homes.

The thought is chilling but so is this smirk.

moo moo moo

https://www-courant-com.cdn.ampproj...aws.com/public/YFYSMZU7MFDI5II5DVT6TJB2KE.jpg

I can see that, and then I think that he regarded her so poorly after all she had done for him that any old method or place would do. I also think that he was pressured to change plans (although maybe he already was done with that?) because JFD’s mom and friends caught on so quickly. It’s scary and sickening that they had become THAT prepared because they KNEW what FD might do. MOO.

I remember being aghast at what the judge said in the custody writing; the idea that every marital problem is created by both parties is a dangerous oversimplification. And FD saying he had no intent of moving MT in at the “present” time... MOO.

Predictions for case?

I predict it goes to trial.

I predict that MT does not take deal to reveal location and gets maximum sentence. She honestly just doesn’t seem very bright.

I predict that KM knows what happened to her but not the location, and I think he has already revealed that information to police. Which is why they were digging—she is most likely buried somewhere. And why they did not push back at releasing him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth