Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me start by stating that I am not a woo-woo person, I’m a give me the hard facts type...however, there is no way I could live in Fotis Dulos’ house. I don’t believe there is enough sage in western US to cleanse that energy.

Let me start by stating that I am not a woo-woo person, I’m a give me the hard facts type...however, there is no way I could live in Fotis Dulos’ house. I don’t believe there is enough sage in western US to cleanse that energy.

I would never, never, ever live in that house. Even if I was homeless

Connecticut mansion where Fotis Dulos killed himself while awaiting trial sells for $1.85 million | Daily Mail Online

dated 8 April 2021

"The Connecticut mansion where businessman Fotis Dulos killed himself while awaiting trial for the murder of his missing wife Jennifer has sold for $1.85 million.

The 10,000-square-foot, six-bedroom house in Farmington was searched multiple times by investigators looking for his estranged wife Jennifer, 50, after her disappearance in May, 2019.

The mother-of-five, who moved out of the mansion with their children in 2017, vanished from her home in New Canaan.

Dulos, 52, was charged with her murder in January, 2020, and was discovered a few weeks later suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning in his mansion's garage. He later died in hospital.

The home's $1.85 million sale price is a substantial discount from the $4.35 million that Fotis had hoped to fetch when he listed the home in late 2019, shortly before being charged.

Proceeds from the sale will go to Jennifer's mother Gloria Farber, and the Dulos's five children who are in her care, according to the Hartford Courant."

Connecticut mansion where Fotis Dulos killed himself while awaiting trial sells for $1.85 million | Daily Mail Online

dated 8 April 2021

"The Connecticut mansion where businessman Fotis Dulos killed himself while awaiting trial for the murder of his missing wife Jennifer has sold for $1.85 million.

The 10,000-square-foot, six-bedroom house in Farmington was searched multiple times by investigators looking for his estranged wife Jennifer, 50, after her disappearance in May, 2019.

The mother-of-five, who moved out of the mansion with their children in 2017, vanished from her home in New Canaan.

Dulos, 52, was charged with her murder in January, 2020, and was discovered a few weeks later suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning in his mansion's garage. He later died in hospital.

The home's $1.85 million sale price is a substantial discount from the $4.35 million that Fotis had hoped to fetch when he listed the home in late 2019, shortly before being charged.

Proceeds from the sale will go to Jennifer's mother Gloria Farber, and the Dulos's five children who are in her care, according to the Hartford Courant."

I’ll bet Rena isn’t happy to hear that the money’s going to GF and the children, and not to her...as if there is any way it would

BetsyKellerPR:

Groundbreaking DV Legislation,Jennifers' Law SB 1091, Moves Forward With Bipartisan Support.
@Alex4CT is pleased to report that the bill was just voted out of Judiciary Comm with unanimous support from Dems as well as 6 Republicans! Combined with another bill...
This is ground-breaking legislation that amends family court law, criminal law and even insurance law to provide victims the protections they deserve. The legislation expands and codifies the definition of DV for all family court..

^^sbm
What a misleading statement!
The real truth is the proceeds from the sale of the real estate are going to FD's creditors, and remainder, if any, to his children. Gloria Farber is in fact a creditor and not a beneficiary as the article implies. FD didn't exactly have the Midas touch -- he was significantly leveraged. MOO

^^sbm
What a misleading statement!
The real truth is the proceeds from the sale of the real estate are going to FD's creditors, and remainder, if any, to his children. Gloria Farber is in fact a creditor and not a beneficiary as the article implies. FD didn't exactly have the Midas touch -- he was significantly leveraged. MOO

I thought this the case-there are creditors that come in line before GF (although they shouldn’t because it was her loan that financed the house)

BetsyKellerPR:

Groundbreaking DV Legislation,Jennifers' Law SB 1091, Moves Forward With Bipartisan Support.
@Alex4CT is pleased to report that the bill was just voted out of Judiciary Comm with unanimous support from Dems as well as 6 Republicans! Combined with another bill...
This is ground-breaking legislation that amends family court law, criminal law and even insurance law to provide victims the protections they deserve. The legislation expands and codifies the definition of DV for all family court..
Now, much training needs to start with Attorneys, Judges, family court advocates, etc., to know what to look for. Who's lying, who isn't.... Many people will tend to try and use this as a way to manipulate the other party. This will only work if the courts ALL have intense training.

Mortgage on Home?
I thought this the case-there are creditors that come in line before GF (although they shouldn’t because it was her loan that financed the house
@Jmoose I do not recall much about FD's financial situation aside from this - FD contended* (some) transfers Gloria F (and/or her husband) made were actually to FD's business and were gifts, not loans.
Q1. Was home titled in FD's name only? Or FD & JFD? Or ___? IOW, was/is home part of FD's probate estate?
Q2.Did Gloria F (and/or her husband) lend $$$ to FD to buy 'marital home' for FD & JFD, the one JFD & children moved from (~ 2017)? Any relevant documents?
Q3. Was loan secured** by a mortgage on that property? Other property? Seems like it would be public record.
Anyone? TiA.

Attorney: Jennifer Dulos' family lawsuit aims to 'destroy' Fotis' reputation, business Aug 19, 2019
** CT. Probate statutes. "Creditor w secured claim."
"Sec. 45a-379... Determination of value of security. (a) If a creditor presenting a claim to the fiduciary has security for his claim, such creditor shall be entitled to participate in the estate only with respect to the excess of his claim over the fair market value of the security unless such creditor files in the Court of Probate a written election to relinquish such security.
"(b) The fiduciary shall determine the fair market value of any security held by a creditor submitting a claim and shall give such creditor and the Court of Probate notice of the value and how such value was determined. Such creditor may, within thirty days from the date of such notice, file in the Court of Probate an objection to the fiduciary's valuation, and the court of probate shall, within thirty days from and including the date on which such objection was received by the Court of Probate, hold a hearing, after notice, on such valuation and shall enter an order establishing the value of such security."

https://www.cga.ct.gov/current/pub/chap_802b.htm#sec_45a-369

Last edited:
These two references refer to the court cases involving 4JX...Feel free to read the various decisions. At one point the claims for joined and assigned to one judge.
HHD-CV-18-6088970-S Hartford JD D-02
DULOS FOTIS FARBER, GLORIA, EXECUTOR OF THE ESTATE OF HILLIARD v. DULOS, FOTIS
lile.gif
HHD-CV-18-6088971-S Hartford JD D-01

Mortgage on Home?
@Jmoose I do not recall much about FD's financial situation aside from this - FD contended* (some) transfers Gloria F (and/or her husband) made were actually to FD's business and were gifts, not loans.
Q1. Was home titled in FD's name only? Or FD & JFD? Or ___? IOW, was/is home part of FD's probate estate?
Q2.Did Gloria F (and/or her husband) lend $$$ to FD to buy 'marital home' for FD & JFD, the one JFD & children moved from (~ 2017)? Any relevant documents?
Q3. Was loan secured** by a mortgage on that property? Other property? Seems like it would be public record.
Anyone? TiA.

Attorney: Jennifer Dulos' family lawsuit aims to 'destroy' Fotis' reputation, business Aug 19, 2019
"Sec. 45a-379... Determination of value of security. (a) If a creditor presenting a claim to the fiduciary has security for his claim, such creditor shall be entitled to participate in the estate only with respect to the excess of his claim over the fair market value of the security unless such creditor files in the Court of Probate a written election to relinquish such security.
"(b) The fiduciary shall determine the fair market value of any security held by a creditor submitting a claim and shall give such creditor and the Court of Probate notice of the value and how such value was determined. Such creditor may, within thirty days from the date of such notice, file in the Court of Probate an objection to the fiduciary's valuation, and the court of probate shall, within thirty days from and including the date on which such objection was received by the Court of Probate, hold a hearing, after notice, on such valuation and shall enter an order establishing the value of such security."

These two references refer to the court cases involving 4JX...Feel free to read the various decisions. At one point the claims for joined and assigned to one judge.
HHD-CV-18-6088970-S Hartford JD D-02
DULOS FOTIS FARBER, GLORIA, EXECUTOR OF THE ESTATE OF HILLIARD v. DULOS, FOTIS
lile.gif
HHD-CV-18-6088971-S Hartford JD D-01

Hi al66pine what information you're seeking. GF began a suit against FD and JFD in 2017 asking for repayment of the funds HF loaned them to initially buy the land and the construction of 4JX. GF said it was owed to her husband's estate.

After going through numerous judges and attorneys, the court made an attempt to have the suit heard by one judge. FD and GF agreed that they would agree to a decision by a judge rather than a jury trial. The hearing ended in December 2019 and the judgment was issued in the spring of 2020 after FD's death.

The ownership of 4JX was brought to court by Mark H. Dean as a Trustee of CT RE 2019 Trust (GF) This was brought after FD defaulted on payment of that loan. GF bought the loan as her primary dwelling in NYC was used a collateral at the time FD and JFD built the home. The following was filed after 4JX "sold," but at a price that was less than the appraised value. I think it's on the short calendar for today.
HHD-CV19-6116846-S - DEAN, MARK H., AS TRUSTEE OF THE CT RE 2019 TRUST v. DULOS, FOTIS Et Al
#
Date Time Event Description Status
1 04/12/2021 Short Calendar SC-14 #020

upload_2021-4-12_14-45-35.png

Hope this helps you locate for the information you want.

$48,500 in attorney's fees is really quite astounding....IMO..MOO. (19 pages of billing from June 3, 2019...to present)
Thanks for sharing sds71!

Here is an excerpt from the billing near the time of FD's suicide....It cost $210 to get addresses for Yannis and Masiello....
from: http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=20536302
upload_2021-4-13_13-23-42.png

The ownership of 4JX was brought to court by Mark H. Dean as a Trustee of CT RE 2019 Trust (GF) This was brought after FD defaulted on payment of that loan. GF bought the loan as her primary dwelling in NYC was used a collateral at the time FD and JFD built the home. The following was filed after 4JX "sold," but at a price that was less than the appraised value. I think it's on the short calendar for today.
HHD-CV19-6116846-S - DEAN, MARK H., AS TRUSTEE OF THE CT RE 2019 TRUST v. DULOS, FOTIS Et Al
#
Date Time Event Description Status
1 04/12/2021 Short Calendar SC-14 #020

upload_2021-4-12_14-45-35-png.292412
I forget but everything with FD always seems tainted. Relative to the deficiency judgement -- selling the 4JX property at far less than the agreed appraisal -- wasn't Atty Hug also trying to purchase the property himself at one time?

So he approved the sale... something smells bad. MOO

$48,500 in attorney's fees is really quite astounding....IMO..MOO. (19 pages of billing from June 3, 2019...to present)
Thanks for sharing sds71!

Here is an excerpt from the billing near the time of FD's suicide....It cost $210 to get addresses for Yannis and Masiello....
from: http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=20536302
View attachment 292559
Why is the date whited out for invoice # 10038 on page 14 of this document?

Mortgage on Home?
Anyone? TiA.

The court settled FD's contention loan vs gift. Farber awarded judgement for the full $2.5 and/or amount claimed.

I’ll bet Rena isn’t happy to hear that the money’s going to GF and the children, and not to her...as if there is any way it would

Rena probably wasn't happy to hear that Pattis took $250,000 from FD that could've gone toward his bond and saved him from his fate.

BTW, NP did a Chaz & AJ podcast 4/7 in which he claimed to know nothing about the 2 upcoming Lifetime movies. If not noticed here before, here's the link.

PODCAST - Wednesday, April 7: A Demonic Idol Found In The Connecticut Woods; Ashley's Sock-Selling Saga; Attorney Norm Pattis

NP is around 25:15. Does he refer to author of Gone Girl as "Joan Gillian?". Also says he's going to do stand-up comedy routine.

Rena probably wasn't happy to hear that Pattis took $250,000 from FD that could've gone toward his bond and saved him from his fate.

BTW, NP did a Chaz & AJ podcast 4/7 in which he claimed to know nothing about the 2 upcoming Lifetime movies. If not noticed here before, here's the link.

PODCAST - Wednesday, April 7: A Demonic Idol Found In The Connecticut Woods; Ashley's Sock-Selling Saga; Attorney Norm Pattis

NP is around 25:15. Does he refer to author of Gone Girl as "Joan Gillian?". Also says he's going to do stand-up comedy routine.

Every time I see him, I laugh.
He just may have something there.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads