Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #59

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were a juror, I'd be greatly annoyed to learn MT gave hours of interviews without the benefit of a Spanish translator nor was a translator ever requested by the defendant because everyone is adversely exposed to the translator being constantly evident in a most noisy fashion. It has been a great deal of interference to the quality of the jurors ability to hear each word spoken from the witness stand.

This P appears a little green behind the ears and is far too lenient and kind. Is he intimidated because of anticipating every question he poses will receive an objection by the D? The time is 10:56am and the MT recorded interview is just now beginning. Why is the audio so terrible?

Kimball is laying out the investigation, that Welles was a crime scene and that they believe JFd isn't just missing but is dead.

Defendant was under arrest for tampering.

Kimball wants the defendant to help them find JFd. She's a mother, you're a mother.

Kimball describes FD as controlling, manipulative. Wants the defendant to know they'll protect her from FD.

Kimball describes the abundance of evidence they have. Other officer tells her this is her time to shine, be the good mother, help us.

They ask her to tell them about the 24th.

The defendant begins by telling what she usually does on a day.

"On a normal day..."

Daughter texted her that she was scared, went to her. Woke up, went to bed with Fodis, got up, showered without getting her hair went and got in the shower with her.

State pauses video, State asks Kimball if the defendant said FD woke up in her presence...

Objection, overruled

State again asks if defendant changed her story about FD waking up in her presence and showering with her.

Objection. This time JS wants the video to speak for itself. Overruled.

Morning recess

What is notable is that in response to multiple questions about what happened to Jennifer, who LE indicates suffered a significant assault in her own garage and who remains missing, MT begins at the beginning of the "timeline" (formerly known as "alibi script").

MOOMOOMOOMOO

The photo on the laptop in front of the defendant is a group photo, adults and children, all dressed uniformly in what looks like white t-shirts and jeans.

Defense maneuvering? Tame defendant in her beigy beige clothes, sitting there gazing at her family because she's a mother, daughter, sister. Gross.

I spy her cellphone right there.

MOOMOOMOOMOO
Defendant cell phone usage trial day 10 am:

Attachments

• IMG_0969.jpeg
    IMG_0969.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 4
Outside the presence of the jury, JS objects to the witness being asked questions, says he'll have to replay the whole videos.

State, "video speaks for itself" is not an objection

JS is citing the Best Evidence rule. Objects to the witness' characterization.

Court loses audio.

Court sees no prejudice.

JS is now objecting to the word "story". Calls it improper.

State schools the Defense on Best Evidence.

State doesn't believe he used the word story. Willing to use "account" going forward.

Recess until 11:35.

JS is threatening the court by saying he'll play the entire video again and stop it in order to clarify the contents. The audacity required to approach the court in this manner is very bold.

JS is threatening the court by saying he'll play the entire video again and stop it in order to clarify the contents. The audacity required to approach the court in this manner is very bold.
The way he argues against the court constantly is infuriating. Interrupting the judge, going on after the court has already ruled, trying to correct the court, etc.

The way he argues against the court constantly is infuriating. Interrupting the judge, going on after the court has already ruled, trying to correct the court, etc.
He interrupts everybody and not one reprimand as to etiquette YET. Its honestly like watching a toddler have a screaming tantrum and meltdown. SO disruptive and unprofessional.

MOOMOOMOO

Help me here. Didn't JS already stipulate to the videos being played, without redaction, but now he's objecting every 13 seconds anyway?

Forget 2.5 hours. I took a hammer to my watch. Pulling out my calendar to time this one.

MOOMOOMOOMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member