Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday, February 7th:
*Trial continues (Day 19) (@ 10am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 49) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below.
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23.
The declaration of death for Jennifer was3 officially issued by Judge William P. Osterndorf on October 24, 2023.
Jury Selection began on 10/4/23 & ended 10/26/23. Started off with 6 jurors & 4 alternates. (6 men & 4 women). As of 1/4/24 2 more jurors were excused. 1/4/24: 6 jurors & 2 alternates. (4 men & 4 women). 1/10/24: 6 jurors & 5 alternates.
Jury Selection (2nd one) began on 1/9/24 & ended on 1/10/24. 1 alternate juror (male) dismissed (1/17/24). 6 jurors & 4 alternates. 1/18/24: 1 juror was dismissed. Now 6 jurors & 3 alternates. 1/29/24: 1 juror (#62-woman) replaced by alternate. Now 6 jurors & 2 alternates. (4 women & 4 men).
Trial began on 1/11/24. (will last about a month to 3/1/24)
Superior Court Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial. Assistant State’s attorney Sean McGuinness & Supervisory assistant State’s attorney Michelle Manning & defense attorneys Jon Schoenhorn & Audrey Felson.

Bond info & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 12/6/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-11 (10/4-10/26/23) & thru 1/4/24 & 2nd Jury Selection Day 1-2 (1/9 & 1/10/24) & Trial Day 1-17 (1/11-2/5/24) reference post #858 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-61.702968/page-43

2/6/24 Tuesday, Trial Day 18: State witnesses: Salvatore Cavaliere, owner of 376 Deercliff, 31 acre lot; approx. 1 mile north of 4JC-Security cameras footage shown. Pawel Gumienny.
For more info see post #923 (article) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-61.702968/page-47
Trial continues on Wednesday, 2/7/24. No court on Friday, 2/9/24 or Monday, 2/12/24.

I wish I did have a theory. Or even an explanation. There appears to be something very shady because seriously how does potential evidence wind up in the back pocket of the defense? That's messed up.

If it's PG's long lost and forgotten hoodie and it is what FD wore that day, I am convinced that FD needed a disguise to get from Farmington to Waveny without being identified. He knew about neighborhood cameras. So he leaves 80 MS looking an awful lot like PG to bypass 77 MS. I think he was also wearing MT's clothing and shoes so he could pass as JFd at her garage and driving away from her neighborhood. Hence the ball cap.

I hope there's crystal clear video of MT at Home Depot buying a red cleaning pail. You know, for all those windows she cleaned.

I'd like to present her with a window and have her demonstrate for us her window washing technique. Guessing she's never washed a window in her life.

But that pail IMO came from 80 MS.

The State cannot introduce the pail itself because there's a horrid lapse in chain of custody but they can discuss it in terms of what PG saw and what actions he took.

I wonder what sort of tools were in there. More scissors than hacksaws I suppose but who knows.

FD taped off the driveway, at some point sent MT to be lookout IMO and knew he had hours to work with, with no threat of discovery.

You don't need ponchos for a burial. And certainly not blood covered ones. Whatever he did, it was messy. Messy enough that it may have spoilt MT's appetite for the whole rest of the day.

We still have as much as half the trial ahead of us --

JMO
Bucket/pail:
Didn’t the nanny testify that a red (or white) bucket was missing from the garage at JF house?

Did they try to frame PG with bucket but ended up with MT all over it too?

Bucket/pail:
Didn’t the nanny testify that a red (or white) bucket was missing from the garage at JF house?

I don't recall that detail about the pail but you might be right!

I don't think FD tried to frame PG. I do think he used his truck and general appearance but not at all to link PG to the crime, only to bypass the neighborhood camera and get to New Canaan invisibly.

IMO this was an elaborate plan and the goal was to stage a disappearance from Waveny. Gone girl, topping the list. If there had been no blood at Welles, the home might never have been investigated as a crime scene. And FD would have returned to his phone quickly. I'm sure they had a convincing plan for that.

Yesterday the State, through PG, emphasized how close those three properties are. 4 JC, 585 DC, 80 MS. Minutes. And remember how, when PG simply and innocently wanted his vehicle back, they drove from MS to JC first? PG said it -- four vehicles, three drivers.

That's exactly the principle behind the commission of the crime. And based solely on the movements of vehicles, it's as if no crime occurred, no crime could have occurred.

Except for the "(black) magic".

The bicycle. Potentially dirt bikes. Potentially the older Suburban with doctored plates.

As an aside, if framing PG was part of the plan, the seat exchange would never have happened. It's worth noting, IMO FD never envisioned school bus video. No one was ever supposed to associate the red truck with the Suburban. Moreover, the red truck was only going to be parked at Waveny for less than an hour. Park at Waveny. Bike to Welles. Abduct her immediately upon her return, move her (alive and not bleeding) into the other Suburban, possibly switch drivers and then leave her Suburban at Waveny, her phone inside the park somewhere, and return to "work", business as usual. The greatest time gap for him, the long drive in both directions, but no hours lost to clean up. And MT was supposed to fill that time with a lengthy open line to Greece. It would have looked like FD was on the phone at 4 JC all morning, with his lawyer present. IMO MT botched it and didn't know how to pivot. Call failed just seconds in IIRC.

I hope the prosecution pulls this all together in a white board exhibit, but rather than trying to imagine all these vehicle maneuvers which gets confusing fast. This is where @afitzy and her Three Card Monte comes in -- imagine instead keeping your eyes on FD. He gets from 4JC to 80 MS, then to Waveny, then to Welles, then in circuitous fashion ultimately back to 4 JC. Using whatever means possible. There's no mystery!

We saw yesterday that he used PG, unwittingly, on the set up too. PG didn't ask questions, FD knew he wouldn't and exploited that, and used PG to relocate the red truck from 4 JC to 80 MS in advance of the crime so it would be there on May 24th.

What an absolute eureka find it was, when LE captured cctv of the red truck with the bicycle in back. Not only did it explain how FD got from Waveny to Welles, it exposed the lengths he went to to disguise his movements. But like I said, don't get tangled up in the vehicles, that was smoke and mirrors, FD's movements are a straight line!

And now we know MT was more than a phone decoy and vehicle mover. (FWIW, I don't think she had the Tacoma key. FD gave it back to PG. I think FD may have had it all along, called MT back merely to stall because whatever she was doing was really really important.) MT was a driving force, pun not intended. She hated JFd. Hated JFd's intrusion in her (MT's life). The gall!! MT was the intruder, the interloper!

Contrast the vileness of MT and FD with the demeanor of PG. He didn't even want to repeat a bad word....

I know whom I believe.

JMO

Last edited:
Bucket/pail:

Baby babyjane: yes! The nanny did say a red cleaning bucket was missing from JD garage. Good catch! She also said some camping pillows were missing.
1:19.30
LA describes the bucket!

PG also mentioned the “Thule” car roof box storage thing on one of the cars. (PG pronunciation of this item was awkward, as is most people’s but I’m certain it’s what he mentioned).
Is the Thule box in evidence? Been discussed?
It hasn't really, though we did see a video appearance.

Perhaps now that much of the video evidence has been published, the State will begin piecing it together for the jury. Because I really want to know where thst vehicle was on the 24th and how many different people may have driven it.

Jmo

I don't recall that detail about the pail but you might be right!

I don't think FD tried to frame PG. I do think he used his truck and general appearance but not at all to link PG to the crime, only to bypass the neighborhood camera and get to New Canaan invisibly.

IMO this was an elaborate plan and the goal was to stage a disappearance from Waveny. Gone girl, topping the list. If there had been no blood at Welles, the home might never have been investigated as a crime scene. And FD would have returned to his phone quickly. I'm sure they had a convincing plan for that.

Yesterday the State, through PG, emphasized how close those three properties are. 4 JC, 585 DC, 80 MS. Minutes. And remember how, when PG simply and innocently wanted his vehicle back, they drove from MS to JC first? PG said it -- four vehicles, three drivers.

That's exactly the principle behind the commission of the crime. And based solely on the movements of vehicles, it's as if no crime occurred, no crime could have occurred.

Except for the "(black) magic".

The bicycle. Potentially dirt bikes. Potentially the older Suburban with doctored plates.

As an aside, if framing PG was part of the plan, the seat exchange would never have happened. It's worth noting, IMO FD never envisioned school bus video. No one was ever supposed to associate the red truck with the Suburban. Moreover, the red truck was only going to be parked at Waveny for less than an hour. Park at Waveny. Bike to Welles. Abduct her immediately upon her return, move her (alive and not bleeding) into the other Suburban, possibly switch drivers and then leave her Suburban at Waveny, her phone inside the park somewhere, and return to "work", business as usual. The greatest time gap for him, the long drive in both directions, but no hours lost to clean up. And MT was supposed to fill that time with a lengthy open line to Greece. It would have looked like FD was on the phone at 4 JC all morning, with his lawyer present. IMO MT botched it and didn't know how to pivot. Call failed just seconds in IIRC.

I hope the prosecution pulls this all together in a white board exhibit, but rather than trying to imagine all these vehicle maneuvers which gets confusing fast. This is where @afitzy and her Three Card Monte comes in -- imagine instead keeping your eyes on FD. He gets from 4JC to 80 MS, then to Waveny, then to Welles, then in circuitous fashion ultimately back to 4 JC. Using whatever means possible. There's no mystery!

We saw yesterday that he used PG, unwittingly, on the set up too. PG didn't ask questions, FD knew he wouldn't and exploited that, and used PG to relocate the red truck from 4 JC to 80 MS in advance of the crime so it would be there on May 24th.

What an absolute eureka find it was, when LE captured cctv of the red truck with the bicycle in back. Not only did it explain how FD got from Waveny to Welles, it exposed the lengths he went to to disguise his movements. But like I said, don't get tangled up in the vehicles, that was smoke and mirrors, FD's movements are a straight line!

And now we know MT was more than a phone decoy and vehicle mover. (FWIW, I don't think she had the Tacoma key. FD gave it back to PG. I think FD may have had it all along, called MT back merely to stall because whatever she was doing was really really important.) MT was a driving force, pun not intended. She hated JFd. Hated JFd's intrusion in her (MT's life). The gall!! MT was the intruder, the interloper!

Contrast the vileness of MT and FD with the demeanor of PG. He didn't even want to repeat a bad word....

I know whom I believe.

JMO
Great summary! The puzzle is coming together but just slowly.

I’m there with you on most of it as the pieces slowly come together on this tragic puzzle.

We learned yesterday as you point out how the Red Tacoma got to 80MS. One piece together on the puzzle….100 more or so
to go!

The FD head shaving I think was part of the scheme as one of the LE folks said, FD was “dna aware” and so shaved down his head and body. He could use the excuse of waterskiing etc. so it was kinda credible. But, I do think he wanted to look like PG as you say for the trip in the Red Tacoma to NC but I also think he saw the benefit of creating reasonable doubt on the ride to
NC, bike ride in NC and possibly the ride back to Farmington for whomever did this trip (I believe FD was in his Suburban with the Thule rack). Did KM bring the Red Tacoma back to Farmington and did he too possibly wear the found hoodie? We don’t know who drove which vehicles back from NC or where MT and KM were for this period. Or did MT at some point drive the Red Tacoma at an unknown location and that is how her hair got on the hoodie? No puzzle pieces resolved here for the vehicle “3 card Monte” sadly.

Stay tuned.

But I think where we disagree was MT and FD setting up PG. Perhaps it wasn’t a full set up but they wanted to create reasonable doubt by bringing another character into the game. It didn’t matter that PG had no motive as FD just wanted to create confusion and chaos for LE. Oddly though I see the Tacoma seat switch as possibly arguing for the set up as if PG had switched out the seat and dumped the Ford seats rather then saving them, then it would have looked like he was destroying evidence! It’s hard to fully resolve this issue as it seems based on what we heard that FD knew the seats had DNA and blood etc and simply wanted them gone, but using the Red Truck and dumping the seats draws PG into the crime web and could potentially be used by FD and MT down the line to control PG. IDK, but I can see FD wanting control over PG in a way similar to what he had over MT as she never cracked and never spoke out against him. I think they both had horrible things on each other and this is possibly what kept MT controllable? Again, just speculation but seems plausible imo.

On the Red Tacoma keys “three card Monte” it got a bit clearer yesterday, as like you said PG got the keys from FD, but I seem to recall FD sending MT back to 4Jx to get them
and at some point handing them to FD. Or was this key game simply a FD ruse to waste time and he had them in his pocket all the time as you said? Idk. Partial puzzle piece solved.

We still have the issue of how the timelines of the accomplices to fit into the puzzle.

There also is the issue of the bike ride footage that “esteemed defence counsel” was squawking about when his shameful act of withholding evidence was unmasked in Court yesterday. I think what I heard in court was that the State wouldn’t show that video clip of bike being ridden down Weed Street as per the Stipulation that “esteemed defence counsel” tried to dishonour in court yesterday.

In thinking about the “esteemed defence counsel” melt down in court yesterday where he immediately started talking about the weed street clip and video quality all I could think of was watching someone talking whose head was spinning around. It was stunning stuff but I guess if your reputation is being shredded in court and you cannot repeat the truth of the matter as it’s all based in lies then I guess you default to squawking about video quality and bike rides on Weed?

Idk but that was incredible to see happen and I give Atty Mcguiness points for self control as I’m sure he could have wished to simply lay out “esteemed defence counsel” as it was just one lie too far in terms of how the stipulation agreement was characterized. I mean, lying to a Judge and no censure or sanctions? Only in Corrupicut folks!

Hope we get more info today to put the puzzle together.

Just need lots of patience as this last bit is tricky and there are still lots of puzzle pieces on the table…

MOO

I'm really hoping we have an investigator at the end of the state's case with one of those amazing timelines like the one that was presented in the trial for the murder of Kelsey Berreth. I feel like it was a FBI CAST report and also feel like it was released to the public at some point, but I can't find it ATM.

Does anybody know if the FBI was ever involved in this case?

PG also mentioned the “Thule” car roof box storage thing on one of the cars. (PG pronunciation of this item was awkward, as is most people’s but I’m certain it’s what he mentioned).
Is the Thule box in evidence? Been discussed?
Nope not yet. The box can be seen on the picture of FD, MT, her daughter and Dulos going skiing. It’s on top of FD2015 black suburban.

FD I believe used his drone to take the picture and it was posted on social media by MT and I believe her daughter and kicked off a firestorm in court as I believe MT wasn’t to have access to the Dulos children at that point iirc.

MOO

I'm really hoping we have an investigator at the end of the state's case with one of those amazing timelines like the one that was presented in the trial for the murder of Kelsey Berreth. I feel like it was a FBI CAST report and also feel like it was released to the public at some point, but I can't find it ATM.

Supposedly the FBI was consulted but no details were ever released as State didn’t really speak about this investigation except via the AAs. We did see FBI officers at waveny and at other searches over the years. I also believe Marshall’s were involved and Homeland Security (we just learned this via Defence Counsel leak the other day as FD corrupt Greek friend was stopped at Newark airport). NCPD had the same phone cracking software as FBI I believe and used it to crack FD phone early in the case. We haven’t heard vehicle data yet and don’t know if FBI assisted on this or whether CSP had in house tech skills to deal with it. There was a lot of electronic gear taken from Welles and 4Jx and we have no info on any of it. No details on the phone of KM but we know MT phone data was kicked from trial by Judge R.

Still so many unknowns on the tech side of the case imo but it must be coming imo.

Just a reminder also that JF book draft was supposedly found at Welles. Curious if this will come up.

This case has been 4 years of folks watching here on WS as the only folks that really spoke were the defence attorneys and it was recognized first with Pattis and then with “esteemed defence counsel” that if their mouths were moving that truth was rarely present. Sadly there imo is no working investigative press in CT so it’s been a slow slog to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

MOO

Great memory on the bucket! I wonder if the state will call the housekeeper to testify the bucket was red.
She could not recall, red or white. Video posted upthread.

Buy she described it well. Exactly the type PG described.

I suspect that FD had to improvise much at Welles. Stole the pail. Stole the cleaning supplies. Stole the sponges. Stole the pillows. Stole the trash bags.

Jmo

Dan May would be so disgusted with Connecticut jurisprudence, tail wagging dog crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd