Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This comment is interesting as I couldn't figure out how he chose Farmington/Hartford when the bulk of the big money real estate is much further south.
I don’t think he had a ton of capital to “play” with, besides JD’s dad. His access to capital was via Jennifer’s father and he wasn’t able to repay him.

No surprise here. Courtesy of Fox61 executive producer.

We’ve learned Fotis Dulos had a tail. Police were following his every move up until his arrest.

Spencer Allan Brooks on

I'm wondering when exactly LE first put the tail on FD and how much time elapsed after her disappearance before the tail started to track his movements.

*Edited to fix broken quote or whatever you call it when you screw up trying to reply.

JMO.

Last edited:
I’m inclined to think they found her this morning after the girlfriend told them everything they needed to know.
Had they found her body, it absolutely would have leaked by now.

This investigation is leaking like a sieve.

I think that it was merely to inform the family that arrests had been made.

I live in NY and have life insurance policies on each of my two adult children, and have for years -- they never signed anything.
Life insurance companies must access an insured's medical history. Per HIPAA, the insured must usually sign a written consent form to release his/her medical records. If the insurance company doesn’t require medical consent, the insured must typically sign off on the policy.

But states regulate the industry, and laws vary for each state. Due to signature requirements and/or medical exams, it would be extremely difficult for a person to take a life insurance policy out on someone else without the insured being aware of it. That being said, some states allow spouses to take out a life insurance policy on a spouse (if currently married/no ongoing legal divorce proceedings) or minor child 15 or younger without that person’s consent.

If you took out the policies when they were minors or dependents, then your kids consent would not have been required and you also would have access to their med records.

Not to derail the thread but the odds of FD being able to take out a new policy on JD anytime after the divorce filing without her knowledge is slim to none. I’d put the odds at 1% or less

Well in any event, he won’t collect a dime if he killed her. What happens first is, the insurance company stalls the payment of the policy because she isn’t known to be dead. Then when it appears that the beneficiary may have actually caused the death of the person on whom the policy was taken, they don’t pay it out at all. The only thing I am not certain about is if the policy ever ends up being paid out to the children; they may not be listed as beneficiaries, and I’m not sure they can skip FD, and hand the money over to some kind of trust for the kids.
I’m inclined to think this very savvy family had a trust set up as the beneficiary of any life insurance policies and think JD and her mom made all the appropriate changes to her estate plan before the divorce filing date when assets may be frozen IMO her exit from the marriage was well planned and executed and I believe she consulted her divorce attorney to get everything in order and legal before she fled. JMO

So Fore group has roughly 17 acres in property within 4 miles of each other. He actually is selling a house on Olcott way which is literally 30 seconds from the house that was searched today on mountain spring. The 17 acres come from 4 of the properties he is selling. Ill try to attach a map, the blue dot is the house he currently resides in, the turquise is the property that was searched today. the other circles are the other properties he is selling. The purple is where he was arrested. Sorry for my horrible first time map.
I love when people make maps - very useful to the way my brain works. Thank you!

Thank you for sharing your story here. You made it through your tough times and we are lucky to have your testimony on WS. You are a SURVIVOR!

DV is an ISSUE in Fairfield County. Each year in New Canaan on the day that is designated for DV awareness a purple flag is placed on the lawn adjacent to Town Hall. Each year the amount of space required for all the flags increases. I didn't count the flags this year but my guess is that there were easily over 150 flags on the lawn with each flag representing a DV report. Various estimates exist about how many DV incidents are not reported and I've seen numbers from 20% on up. But New Canaan is a small place with a population of about 19,000 I think so DV is an issue that touches many in Town IMO.
Simply amazing. Who knew? This just represents Fairfield County?

He was very lucky the housekeeper didn’t show up until noon. I can’t imagine he would have known that detail.
It could have been something as simple as him hiring a PI or she saying in passing "I can't the housekeeper comes at that time" and him knowing how organized she was which would imply same time/day every week. JMO

I’m inclined to think they found her this morning after the girlfriend told them everything they needed to know.
I wonder if the NYPD was paying a courtesy call to Mrs. Farber to
let her know FD was incarcerated and not likely to bond out. so
that maybe she and the children could relax a little and go outside again?

Spencer Allan Brooks‏ @SpencerSays
Police were focused on this hole in the ground at Dulos’ Mountain Spring Road property. Courtesy @News12CT #JenniferDulos

D8GQ0L6XUAAW3Ls.jpg

5:49 PM - 2 Jun 2019 from Farmington, CT pst

Or MT may have been fed up with FD’s STBX and all the fussing and fighting, and problems “she caused”, etc.... that SHE may have thought up and instigated a plan herself to do away with Jennifer, convincing FD to go along with it!

MOO
I know it’s easy to hate the “Other Woman” but FD has the documented history, per JD, of threats and anger.

They reported on it on the 630 news. Had retired lt vance on. They also panned to reporter at the scene who confirmed they’ve been there all day and were still there ...it was live. The reporter said JD “lived” in NC which got my hairs up. Hoping that wasn’t a slip cause I’m hanging to all hopes she is still alive.
If you search twitter for JenniferDulos, you'll see a tweet that just popped up about the search. It's not a verified reporter so I'm not linking it.

jmo

I live in NY and have life insurance policies on each of my two adult children, and have for years -- they never signed anything.
Because I had 3 sons with my first husband, he was told to get a life insurance policy when we divorced in CT.

He refused. My attorney then advised that I take one out on him. I did and he never knew about it. However, I let it lapse several yrs ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties