Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe to ask questions on behalf of CT police? Do LE in other cities do that for each other?
jmo

I think the Ct police would ask the questions themselves; but they would send NYPD to tell them about their daughter/sister. Not sure why it works that way, though. I guess it is a professional courtesy. The actual casework, Ct would want to do themselves.

Caught up....again. Being on a trip I only have access to my laptop in the evening.

Regarding MT...given her background and accomplishments, she strikes me as very ambitious, hard nosed and self serving. So I think she is going do anything to minimize her potentially bleak future. I don't think she is going to stand by her new man. These two appear to be two peas in a pod personality wise. Same applies to him. They are going to turn against each other once the evidence is clear to them that they cannot blame Jennifer for "offing herself" or "setting them up" .

Life insurance companies must access an insured's medical history. Per HIPAA, the insured must usually sign a written consent form to release his/her medical records. If the insurance company doesn’t require medical consent, the insured must typically sign off on the policy.

But states regulate the industry, and laws vary for each state. Due to signature requirements and/or medical exams, it would be extremely difficult for a person to take a life insurance policy out on someone else without the insured being aware of it. That being said, some states allow spouses to take out a life insurance policy on a spouse (if currently married/no ongoing legal divorce proceedings) or minor child 15 or younger without that person’s consent.

If you took out the policies when they were minors or dependents, then your kids consent would not have been required and you also would have access to their med records.

Not to derail the thread but the odds of FD being able to take out a new policy on JD anytime after the divorce filing without her knowledge is slim to none. I’d put the odds at 1% or less
I took out the policy on my 1st husband without his knowledge when my children were very young back in early ‘80s. We were in CT. I don’t even think there was HIPPA back then (?)

MOO

I took out the policy on my 1st husband without his knowledge when my children were very young back in early ‘80s. We were in CT. I don’t even think there was HIPPA back then (?)

MOO
That’s crazy! But yes it was very different 30 years ago. HIPAA was enacted in 1996. Insurance companies also wised up to require consent/records to prevent having to pay out to an unknowing insureds murderer

Because I had 3 sons with my first husband, he was told to get a life insurance policy when we divorced in CT.

He refused. My attorney then advised that I take one out on him. I did and he never knew about it. However, I let it lapse several yrs ago.

Maybe in my case not having my adult children's consent for the life insurance policies I have on them is because when I first got the policies, they were both minors 10 years ago, and have since become adults. I just keep paying and no one has ever checked it, or at least said anything to me about it...

The source of the original post was from court documents which I cannot figure out if I'm allowed to post or not. I'd prefer to not post these court documents on WS so if you want we can ask the admin to remove my OP. I'm fine with removing the post. MSM hasn't reported this exact portion of the documents so far as I know.
Hi, I reported my post. If you guys don't see me on WS any more you will know what happened!

Well in any event, he won’t collect a dime if he killed her. What happens first is, the insurance company stalls the payment of the policy because she isn’t known to be dead. Then when it appears that the beneficiary may have actually caused the death of the person on whom the policy was taken, they don’t pay it out at all. The only thing I am not certain about is if the policy ever ends up being paid out to the children; they may not be listed as beneficiaries, and I’m not sure they can skip FD, and hand the money over to some kind of trust for the kids.
Because he got caught, but he wasn't planning on getting caught and he may have just made assumptions. I know he couldn't collect. AFA the kids, it depends on how its written. My mother's life insurance went to me and if I predeceased her, her parents. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr