CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, Media, Maps, Timeline, *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When Fotis Dulos was arrested, police and advocates had a message: ‘It’s a case of domestic violence’
On the day Fotis Dulos was taken into custody for the murder of his estranged wife, state police officers wanted to make sure an essential point wasn’t lost amid the drama of an arrest in the high profile case.
They wore purple.

When the arrest was announced, officers and detectives wore purple neckties and small pins depicting a purple ribbon in memory of the victims and survivors of domestic violence. At the barracks in Bridgeport where Fotis Dulos and his former girlfriend, Michelle Troconis, were brought, officers also wore purple ties.To police investigators, the murder of Jennifer Farber Dulos is a case of domestic violence and the message that more needs to be done cannot be ignored.

When I saw how many people were wearing purple, I was taken aback,” said Brian Foley, executive aide to the commissioner of the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection.
snipped

Jarmoc said that while not every divorce case involves domestic abuse, there are a number of cases where this is a problem.

[Related] Judge refuses to lower Fotis Dulos’ $6M bond following murder arrest in Jennifer Farber Dulos case; Michelle Troconis and lawyer friend also appear in court »
In Farber Dulos’ own family court transcripts, Farber Dulos said her husband "expects to exhibit complete control over me and the children.” The increasingly tense divorce and custody battle stretched on for two years, with 40 different motions filed.
We often see abusers use family court to threaten and harass their partners,” she said.

In the upcoming policy proposal, Jarmoc and Flexer will suggest the organization of a “multidisciplinary task force” to develop specific guidance on legal procedures for judges that highlights victim experiences in family court, as well as how abusers use family court to continue harassment.
Snipped

@MarissaAlter

The mother and a sister of Michelle Troconis have arrived at the courthouse. We’re being told she will be released first and it may happen in the next 10-15 minutes.
I’m told the bondsmen are also here, but the person handling the GPS ankle monitors has not arrived yet. Dulos & Troconis will he under house arrest if they’re released.
@News12CT

I’m told the bondsmen are also here, but the person handling the GPS ankle monitors has not arrived yet. Dulos & Troconis will he under house arrest if they’re released.
@News12CT

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat
Back