CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, Media, Maps, Timeline, *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fotis Dulos’ life story written a year before Jennifer’s disappearance

Jan 30, 2020

AVON - A photojournalist shared a project of his, one that he has held on for quite some time all because it is based on Fotis Dulos' success.

Two years ago, Michael Fiedler said he met Dulos and Michelle Troconis at the Jefferson Crossing home for a photo book project he was working on.

It was portraits of people and their life stories called "Working Journal."

Fiedler was about to publish the book with Dulos in it until the news of Jennifer Dulos' disappearance were released.

That is when he decided to public the book without Dulos in it.

"It was like photographing a guy from GQ magazine," said Fiedler.

Fiedler said the home was one to remember.

"Luxurious, everything was done perfectly, his office was immaculate, he was very well spoken, he seemed liked a great guy," added Fiedler.

Who is Anna Curry?

Jan 30, 2020

THE BRONX — As Fotis Dulos’s attorney announced his death, a new person of interest has surfaced in the story.

Bond records, obtained by FOX61 through a Freedom of Information Request, revealed that a woman from North Carolina, Anna Curry, paid $147,000 to help Dulos post his $6 million bond earlier this month.

Curry was listed on the bond documents as Dulos’ “best friend.” She also agreed to paying $18,000 a month to the Palmetto Surety Corporation.

Of that $148,000, Dulos payed $1,000 by check.

Dulos search warrant sealed; Lawyers move to appoint receiver for Farmington home as Dulos remains in critical condition in New York

Jan 30, 2020

FARMINGTON — State police said Thursday that the search warrant they executed at the home of Fotis Dulos has been sealed.

Also Thursday, Lawyers for Jennifer Dulos’ mother have moved to appoint a receiver for Dulos’ home in Farmington.

[..]

Police had secured a search warrant Wednesday to search the home.

State Police issued a statement on Thursday, saying:

“had executed a search warrant at 4 Jefferson Drive, Farmington, as it relates to the on-going murder investigation of Jennifer Farber
Dulos. Farmington Police detectives were also on-hand in the furtherance of their separate investigation. The aforementioned search warrant has been sealed by court.

The Connecticut State Police would like to take this opportunity to remind the media and the public that the court-issued gag order is still in effect, which prevents us from commenting on the specifics of our investigation.
[..]

Richard Weinstein, an attorney for Gloria Farber, the mother of Jennifer Farber-Dulos, has filed a motion with Hartford Superior Court asking for an emergency order to appoint a West Hartford real estate agency as receiver to secure the property at Jefferson Crossing in Farmington, due to Fotis Dulos’ medical situation.

Weinstein says the house is currently “unattended” and mentions that the plaintiff has a mortgage on the house of $2.3 million and property taxes due for $21,000.

The attorneys believe is the utilities may be not paid and there is concern over “vandalism, looters and preserving the mechanicals of the home” since Dulos is not currently living in the home and may not be able to return.

The attorneys are asking that Robert M. Giuffria, Jr, of Tea Leaf Realty – the original listing agent, be appointed receiver since he is familiar with the property.

There was also a similar order issued about 61 Sturbridge Hill Road in New Canaan, the home that Farber-Dulos lived in.

Friends of Farber-Dulos said, “It would not be appropriate for us to comment at this time.

Documents show North Carolina woman helped Dulos post bond
Snipped
One check was from Dulos for $1,000.

The remaining two checks are from a woman named Anna Curry, who is identified as a “best friend” to Fotis Dulos on the bond documents. She paid $147,000 owed an additional $272,150. It appears a monthly payment plan was set up that would be in effect until next April.

HARTFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — Following the death of Fotis Dulos, one question remains – What happens to Michelle Troconis, Fotis Dulos’ one-time girlfriend, and his former attorney Kent Mawhinney who are both charged in the case?

Both Michelle Troconis and former attorney Kent Mawhinney are facing conspiracy to commit murder charges. Mawhinney is due in court on Friday for violation of a protective order charge against his ex-wife and for a pre-trial hearing for disorderly conduct, unlawful restraint and sexual assault on a spouse.

Legal experts say the state is expected to drop the prosecution against Dulos now that he’s dead, but they may still proceed with the charges against Troconis and Mawhinney.

“I’ve believed and still believe the reason the other two were charged was to exert some pressure on them to cooperate against Fotis Dulos, whom the state I believe thinks is the principal bad actor,” E. Gregory Cerritelli, attorney and legal expert. “The state will need to re-evaluate how they are going to proceed against Troconis and Mahwinney as well.”
Snipped

Future uncertain for Troconis, Mawhinney following the death of Fotis Dulos

EXCLUSIVE- Mawhinney’s lawyer shares update on his client amidst Fotis Dulos death
Snipped
HARTFORD- Following the death of Fotis Dulos, both Michelle Trocnois and Kent Mawhinney will still have to face their day in court for charges in the Jennifer Dulos case. Kent Mawhinney’s lawyer spoke exclusively to FOX61 with an update on his client Thursday afternoon.

Criminal defense attorney Lee Gold was unable to share a lot of details about his client, but said Mawhinney is doing his best to handle his current situation.

Mawhinney, a Bloomfield lawyer and personal friend of Fotis Dulos, is facing conspiracy to commit murder in the case of Jennifer Dulos. Mawhinney is the only suspect who failed to post bond and remains in police custody at the Cheshire Correctional Center.

'Fotis was tried in the public and now he has been executed': Dulos' lawyer insists the suspected wife killer is innocent and demands his name be cleared after he died in hospital

125.00 01/31/2020 D OBJECTION TO MOTION
Document.gif
newred.gif

http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=18619902
Limited Objection to Plaintiff's Emergency Motion for Appointment of Receiver

Defendants Respectfully REQUEST the appointment of STEFFEN REICH of Pinnacle Real Estate Group, Coldwell Banker
Residential Brokerage, 200 W. Main Street, Avon, CT 06001, as receiver.

State Sen. Alex Bergstein unveiled her proposal Friday for the Child Safety First Bill – the same week that the Jennifer Dulos case made headlines across the nation.
Before Jennifer Dulos disappeared on May 24, she was in the middle of a contentious and drawn out divorce case with Fotis Dulos. Hundreds of motions were filed over two years, including ones where she told the court she feared for her life.
“Such cases are often labeled ‘high conflict,’ but that's a misnomer,” says Bergstein. “These cases are often the results of abusers weaponizing the legal system to harass, intimidate and destroy the person who dared to leave.”
Bergstein says there are many failures in the system that need to be addressed. Her proposed legislation focuses on one of them – child custody.
Currently, the Connecticut statute requires courts to look at domestic abuse among the 16 factors when determining what's in a child's best interest. Bergstein believes abuse is the most important factor and should be determined first.
“We stand here today seeking justice for Jennifer and for all the women and children whose lives have been lost,” Bergstein said Friday, surrounded by advocates. “Though we can't bring any of them back, we can work to ensure the safety of those who are still alive and suffering from abuse.”
Carrie Luft, a close friend of Jennifer Dulos, was also in attendance to hear the proposal. She's acted as spokesperson for the family for more than seven months but did not wish to speak to News 12 on camera.
Child Safety First Bill would put abuse as priority in child custody cases

@T2Fox61

In response to people crushing #FotisDulos attorney Norm Pattis on social media last night, for saying his client has been “executed,” Pattis responded, “I’m not gonna pay for the space I’m renting in your head.” More of his interview with
@FOX61News next at 5.

With Accused Wife-Murderer Fotis Dulos on Life Support, the Grim End of a Perfect Couple

"Farber soon tired of the Manhattan scene, craving light, air, and solitude, and took off for Aspen and Los Angeles. When she married Dulos, she was in search of a solid future with a husband she loved, and badly wanted to be a mom. Both she and Dulos were athletes: He was a water-skier, and she was a nationally ranked junior squash player when she went to Saint Ann’s. She kept writing a bit but basically took care of the kids. Many years earlier, she had written in an essay—extremely semi-ironically, in the Gen X style—that this was the life she wanted. “The New York Times wedding pages held a hypnotic sway over me since I discovered them at age 11. Entering the structured, ambitious black-and-white world at the back of the Sunday paper, I was window-shopping for a life. My young eyes filled with photo images of correctly poised supergirls, well educated, accomplished, thoroughbred.”
In many ways the story of Farber’s demise is an old one: Dulos reportedly began an affair with a Venezuelan woman, Michelle Troconis, and the couple later began divorce proceedings. Because Farber’s family was a primary source of Dulos’s funds to run his development business—her parents gave him many loans—he also considered the dissolution of the marriage the beginning of the end of his financial freedom. Their divorce documents include Farber explaining that Dulos had threatened to take the children to Greece and that she was afraid he would harm her.
The perfect life they had created together was no more. As a child, Farber played with dollhouses, she wrote, making her mother take her to the Museum of the City of New York to gaze at the ones there. “Huge houses, lit up, from the Edith Wharton age of New York society, when little rich girls played and were bedazzled by swank ’20s parties, maids being pinched by the master of the house at the top of the servants’ stairway.” She imagined a time when she “could write plays, live on Park Avenue in the ’60s in a ‘perfect eight’ with a fireplace and service entrance, and supervise our New York calendars” for her family."

One-on-one with Fotis Dulos’ attorney Norm Pattis
In the note, Doulos is said to have proclaimed his innocence.

“I have not read it,” says Pattis. “I have had it describe to me. But, that is my belief, yes.”

And, in that note, Dulos allegedly wrote that his lawyers have the evidence to prove his innocence...

The Dulos family is now making funeral arrangements and has considered burying Fotis Dulos in Farmington.

“We recommended that Mr. Dulos body be removed from the United States for fear that his grave would be desecrated.
snipped

If it takes my head to end this, so be it.’ Note found with Fotis Dulos on day of suicide attempt proclaims his innocence
By DAVE ALTIMARI and EMILY BRINDLEY
HARTFORD COURANT
JAN 31, 2020 | 7:05 PM

5IMHHTKYFNC4FCCUJK6PLRPS5I.jpg

FILE - In this Dec. 4, 2019, file photo, Fotis Dulos, charged with murdering his estranged and missing wife, is questioned during testimony in a civil case at Hartford Superior Court in Hartford, Conn. A dispatcher from the Farmington police said, on Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2020, officers had responded to Dulos' home and he was later transported to the hospital. (Mark Mirko/Hartford Courant via AP, Pool, File) (Mark Mirko/AP)

A handwritten note found in Fotis Dulos’ car when police attempted to rescue him from an attempted suicide at his home Tuesday proclaims his innocence and also says that neither of his co-defendants had anything to do with the disappearance of his estranged wife Jennifer Farber Dulos.

“If you are reading this I am no more," the letter starts. “I refuse to spend even an hour more in jail for something I had NOTHING to do with. Enough is enough."

“If it takes my head to end this, so be it,” Dulos wrote in the letter obtained by the Courant.

The single-spaced letter is on one page of notebook paper and is neatly written.

625OLVC5MRELDEPEJ5FUXZEYTY.jpg

This is a photograph of a note police found in Fotis Dulos' Farmington home while investigating his suicide.
In it, Dulos goes out of his way to say that neither Michelle Troconis or Kent Mawhinney had anything to do with Jennifer’s disappearance. He also mentions some of his friends from Greece and Anna Curry, the North Carolina woman that has been spending time with him the past few months. She paid $147,000 to help him make the most recent bond after his arrest for murder, records said.

Dulos was charged with the murder of Farber Dulos, who went missing May 24. Dulos was free on a $6 million bond, but was due to appear in court on Tuesday, the day of the apparent suicide attempt, for a bond hearing that may have sent him back to jail. After being treated for severe carbon monoxide poisoning, Dulos died Thursday at a New York City hospital.

Both Troconis and Mawhinney face charges of conspiracy to commit murder. Both of their cases are pending in Superior Court.

The note also refers to Dulos’ five children, who Dulos had not seen since a May 22 visit to Farber Dulos’ New Canaan home. Two days later, state police allege he killed her at her home.

“Please let my children know that I love them, I would do anything to be with them, but unfortunately we all have our limits,” Dulos wrote. “The State will not rest until I rot in jail.”

Dulos is accused of murdering Farber Dulos by “lying in wait” for her in the garage of her New Canaan home after she dropped off her children at school...
Snipped

The case, which included tales of a bitter and contentious divorce, the compilation of evidence from surveillance video and a high-stakes battle over real estate, has sparked widespread interest and attention.

But Dulos’ death throws a wrench in the criminal case against him.

Norm Pattis, Dulos’ lawyer, has filed a motion to continue the case even without a defendant or a body — but it’s an unprecedented request in Connecticut.

“Mr. Dulos insisted from day one that Ms. Troconis wasn’t involved and wanted a joint defense agreement with her. He always spoke of her with the utmost respect,” Pattis said in a statement to The Courant.

Dulos mentions one of the key pieces of evidence against him — surveillance videos on Albany Avenue that show him dumping garbage bags on the night Farber Dulos disappeared.

At the end of May, Hartford police and state troopers searched through trash cans along Hartford’s Albany Avenue. Police affidavits later showed that police had gleaned a trove of evidence from the bins, including the Vineyard Vines shirt that Farber Dulos was believed to have worn on the day she disappeared, and at least one garbage bag that contained DNA from Dulos, Farber Dulos and Troconis.

The day after the Albany Avenue search, both Dulos and Troconis were charged with hindering prosecution and tampering with evidence.

“My attorney can explain what happened with the bags on Albany Avenue. Everything else is a story fabricated by the law enforcement,” Dulos wrote.

“I want to thank my family and friends that stood by me this difficult time,” he said. “Above all Anna Curry I am sorry for letting you down and not continuing the fight.”

The single-spaced letter is simply signed “Fotis.”

Jennifer Farber Dulos case: Now that Fotis Dulos has died, what happens next? Here’s what we know

Jan 31, 2020

What does Dulos’ death mean for Michelle Troconis and Kent Mawhinney?

Dulos’ alleged accomplices were each charged with conspiracy to commit murder. Troconis, 51, remains free on $2 million bail and will appear in court on Feb. 7. Mawhinney, 54, remains incarcerated, unable to pay $2 million bail, and will face a judge on Feb. 20. Neither has entered a plea to the charges of conspiracy to commit murder.

Legal experts believe that Dulos’ death will do little to hamper the state’s prosecution against Troconis and Mawhinney on conspiracy charges.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06
Back